Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

The reason I say to switch (Horse) DoggyStyle to Vaginal is because it's harder to write a lot varying messages for anal compared to vaginal, so it's normally easier if there are more vaginal messages. I also think anal has more 'impact' when it's rarer, and that helps writing messages. Up to you though, I can work with either.

Female masturbation doesn't work yet, no, but I wrote the messages for it ages ago. I just stuck them in the FemaleActor folder.

Horses have 3 animations, currently 2 anal and 1 vaginal, I'd personally prefer it the other way around, 2 vaginal and 1 anal.

As for triggers, in game I use Defeat, Animal Sex, Radiant Prostitustion, Working Girl, Approach and Romance. For testing I also use SexLab's MCM.

function HorseDoggystyle(int id)
	sslBaseAnimation Base = Create(id)

Base.Name = "(Horse) Doggystyle"

Base.SoundFX = Squishing
	Base.SetRaceIDs(Horses)

int a1 = Base.AddPosition(Female, addCum=Anal)
	Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Horse_Doggystyle_A1_S1")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Horse_Doggystyle_A1_S2")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Horse_Doggystyle_A1_S3")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Horse_Doggystyle_A1_S4")

int a2 = Base.AddPosition(Creature)
	Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Horse_Doggystyle_A2_S1", 45.0, rotate=180.0)
	Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Horse_Doggystyle_A2_S2", 45.0, rotate=180.0)
	Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Horse_Doggystyle_A2_S3", 45.0, rotate=180.0)
	Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Horse_Doggystyle_A2_S4", 45.0, rotate=180.0)

Base.AddTag("Gone")
	Base.AddTag("Creature")
	Base.AddTag("Bestiality")
	Base.AddTag("Dirty")
	Base.AddTag("Doggystyle")
	Base.AddTag("Horse")
	Base.AddTag("Anal")

Base.Save(id)
endFunction
function HorsePanicDoggystyle(int id)

Base.Name = "(Horse) Doggystyle Alt"

Base.SoundFX = Squishing
	Base.SetRaceIDs(Horses)

int a1 = Base.AddPosition(Female, addCum=VaginalAnal)
	Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Horse_PanicDoggystyle_A1_S1")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Horse_PanicDoggystyle_A1_S2")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Horse_PanicDoggystyle_A1_S3")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Horse_PanicDoggystyle_A1_S4")

Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Horse_PanicDoggystyle_A2_S1")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Horse_PanicDoggystyle_A2_S2")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Horse_PanicDoggystyle_A2_S3")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Horse_PanicDoggystyle_A2_S4")

Base.AddTag("Panicforever")
	Base.AddTag("Creature")
	Base.AddTag("Horse")
	Base.AddTag("Vaginal")

Base.Save(id)
endFunction
function HorseDoggystyle2(int id)

Base.Name = "(Horse) Doggystyle2"

Base.SoundFX = Squishing
	Base.SetRaceIDs(Horseses)

int a1 = Base.AddPosition(Female, addCum=Anal)
	Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Horse_Doggystyle2_A1_S1")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Horse_Doggystyle2_A1_S2")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Horse_Doggystyle2_A1_S3")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "Horse_Doggystyle2_A1_S4")

Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Horse_Doggystyle2_A2_S1")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Horse_Doggystyle2_A2_S2")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Horse_Doggystyle2_A2_S3")
	Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "Horse_Doggystyle2_A2_S4")

Base.AddTag("Panicforever")
	Base.AddTag("Creature")
	Base.AddTag("Dirty")
	Base.AddTag("Horse")
	Base.AddTag("Anal")

Base.Save(id)
endFunction

1. Core 

2. Core

3. MNC

It looks like they are unique from an animation-filename perspective- that is just looking at the code here. I haven't looked at the actual contents of the animation files.

Its interesting that the (Horse) DoggyStyle Alt animation applies cum to VaginalAnal, but only has the Vaginal tag. That's something to consider as we change tags.

Just had an idea while testing a Boobjob animation. Is there a way to make a {TAG} that can tell whether there's cum on that area of the body? You mentioned that animations knew where to apply the cum, so can Apropos tell which is there?

I dunno if this would just be a yes/no thing or if there's be degrees, but here's some basic examples:

"{ACTIVE} slides his {COCK} between my {CHESTCUM) (BREASTS)",

"I grasp {ActIVE}'s {COCK}, looking up at him with a {FACECUM} smile.",

"{ACTIVE} stares at my {CROTCHCUM} {PUSSY} before sliding in"

The long tag names are just to highlight them.

If the area is clean, can either just use "" for no tags, leaving the description alone, or use generic ones that describe the area; see my {HEAVING} tag for chest, face could have youthful, cute, innocent, unsullied, etc.

If area is 'used', can use stuff like slick, drenched, cum covered, whorish, etc.

Thought I'd post this idea before I forget it, I seem to remember you mentioning wanting more cum-support a while back.

A question for Gooser and Decauk: I know that FF messages are not your priority, and I respect that, but I have two questions/requests:

1) Would it be possible to include FF messages when you add text for kissing and foreplay animations (since these do not involve penetration)?

2) Would it be possible to include blank FF files for other animations so we can write our own FF messages and maybe post them here for sharing? I know that penetration makes it difficult (we cannot designate ACTIVE or PRIMARY), but maybe we could find some other workaround, at least until you come up with a better solution.

Many thanks

To me FF support is not low priority, it is just not as high as other things. I've gotten a lot of grief and continue to receive grief over the way messages are displayed in Apropos. I started some months back a project on a custom MCM widget that would let me do so, but it took to the backburner for me to complete other functionality in Apropos, like W&T Effects, and unique animation description support. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to touch FF until I have finished the widget support, unless it looks like that is going to take longer than my last estimate.

I thought Estelles made a mod that does FF for Apropos?

As far as messages go, I'll write them, but like with Gooser they're a low priority. Until I know what the file structure would be, I'd be setting myself up for a lot of rework (not that I don't do that constantly anyway).

Right now I've got 3rd person to finish, 2 new stock animations to write, then a ton of new unique animations, which I'm actually quite looking forward to. 3rd person is almost done, once it is I'll post it.

I vote for a better display system cause estelles solution is a bit "dirty"...

i'd prefer an intern solution.

BTW:

Decauk, thanks for the great database :D

would you eventually consider to write some messages for a male PC?

i'd love to write some myself but i have neither the talent nor the english skill to do it (german native speaker)...

First off, Gooser, I have to say, I love the mod, as I've been using Apropos for a while now, and I'm really enjoying the new features.

I'm also currently using Estelle's utility that uses a text overlay and text to voice function, which is a bit clunky at times, but really helps with immersion. So much in fact, that I've been custom writing my own descriptions, trying to further enhance that immersion.

With the way messages are brought up at the beginning of every Sexlab stage, I realized that an on-going narrative could be established, but unfortunately, the current system of one base Jcontainer for descriptions only pops out random messages from that container. 

That's when i realized that, one narrative text should be written including all stages and when the Sexlab animation starts, Apropos selects one text from multiple texts, but continues to play the next few stages from that one text only. Example:

Sexlab anim start: Female with Male, non-aggressive. Start stage 1_

Apropos selects from the list of FemaleActor_Male_vaginal_{*}.txt, where the star represents a wild card of, say 1 through 20,  and picks a number, and let's just say...1_vaginal cowgirl.

That text file has the 1 through 5 stage descriptions:

Stage 1: {Primary} straddles {Active} and slowly inserts him into her {pussy}.

Stage 2: Grunting with pleasure, {Active} grabs {Primary}'s hips and starts thrusting into her.

Stage 3: With every thrust of {Active}'s hips, Primary skewers herself down onto his wonderful {cock}.

Stage 4: In perfect rhythm, you meet each others thrusts, bringing {Primary} closer to the edge.

Stage 5: {Primary} arches her back into {Active}'s {cock} as he explodes {cum} into her {pussy}.

Post-coital: As {Primary} climbs off of {Active}, her still twitching {pussy} drips warm {cum} down her leg. 

Now I'm not sure how the scripting is currently setup, and I know nothing about scripting myself, so I'm not sure if this is a possibility. 

Obviously, it would require some dedicated writing to make all of those separate texts, but no more really than what's already existing in some of those files.

The real benefit would be that, those self contained texts could include themed descriptions that only pertain to one sexual proclivity, so for example you could have:

A sensual theme

A hardcore theme

A bondage theme

A submissive theme

A slave/master theme

A water sports theme

A cuckold theme

etc,

And Apropos would play out all 5 stages of that theme, keeping the narrative intact.

Let me know what you think of this idea, and if it's even possible. Or worse yet, if you have no interest in this.... give me some pointers on how to implement it myself.

Cheers.

Maz

First off, Gooser, I have to say, I love the mod, as I've been using Apropos for a while now, and I'm really enjoying the new features.

I'm also currently using Estelle's utility that uses a text overlay and text to voice function, which is a bit clunky at times, but really helps with immersion. So much in fact, that I've been custom writing my own descriptions, trying to further enhance that immersion.

With the way messages are brought up at the beginning of every Sexlab stage, I realized that an on-going narrative could be established, but unfortunately, the current system of one base Jcontainer for descriptions only pops out random messages from that container. 

That's when i realized that, one narrative text should be written including all stages and when the Sexlab animation starts, Apropos selects one text from multiple texts, but continues to play the next few stages from that one text only. Example:

Sexlab anim start: Female with Male, non-aggressive. Start stage 1_

Apropos selects from the list of FemaleActor_Male_vaginal_{*}.txt, where the star represents a wild card of, say 1 through 20,  and picks a number, and let's just say...1_vaginal cowgirl.

That text file has the 1 through 5 stage descriptions:

Stage 1: {Primary} straddles {Active} and slowly inserts him into her {pussy}.

Stage 2: Grunting with pleasure, {Active} grabs {Primary}'s hips and starts thrusting into her.

Stage 3: With every thrust of {Active}'s hips, Primary skewers herself down onto his wonderful {cock}.

Stage 4: In perfect rhythm, you meet each others thrusts, bringing {Primary} closer to the edge.

Stage 5: {Primary} arches her back into {Active}'s {cock} as he explodes {cum} into her {pussy}.

Post-coital: As {Primary} climbs off of {Active}, her still twitching {pussy} drips warm {cum} down her leg. 

Now I'm not sure how the scripting is currently setup, and I know nothing about scripting myself, so I'm not sure if this is a possibility. 

Obviously, it would require some dedicated writing to make all of those separate texts, but no more really than what's already existing in some of those files.

The real benefit would be that, those self contained texts could include themed descriptions that only pertain to one sexual proclivity, so for example you could have:

A sensual theme

A hardcore theme

A bondage theme

A submissive theme

A slave/master theme

A water sports theme

A cuckold theme

etc,

And Apropos would play out all 5 stages of that theme, keeping the narrative intact.

Let me know what you think of this idea, and if it's even possible. Or worse yet, if you have no interest in this.... give me some pointers on how to implement it myself.

Cheers.

Maz

I think what you are suggesting is allowing the user to select via MCM their preferred sexual theme and have the mod support multiple themes.

If the idea is basically to allow a user to specify the "sexual proclivity" you can already do that today, but the level granularity is the root db folder. 

The whole notion of a "db" came into existence with a desire to externalize the "content" from the mod, two allow parallel development of content and functionality, and to allow people with enough courage to operate a text editor and a json validation tool to perform their own customizations.

Also the thought in my mind has always been that eventually there will be different themes of the database, as separate downloads, and allow people to customize their install based upon their preferences. But today, the whole effort of getting just one, decent database authored, in three narrative voices, has been a significant task.

What you suggest, to allow the mod to vary the content completely based on preference could be accomplished in spirit, but differently than what you suggest. I would not want to go the route you suggest, which would require a rewrite most likely, and would probably introduce some performance issues as well by requiring Skyrim to open larger files and parse their contents.

In spirit we could implement what you suggest by introducing a new folder level, directly under the db folder, something like "theme-combat", "theme-sensual", etc, and just have variations of current structured files separated by top-level folder.

Continuing... So the question will be - will users want to change their 'sexual proclivity' aka that often. It seems probably not, and when do want to do that, they can just install a different database to suit their current needs. If they needed to switch often, have the mod allow that level of complexity probably would be warranted.

I love Maz's idea of narrative continuity between messages. I have been aiming at something like that with my custom messages, but have been stymied by the randomness built into the system (which has its advantages too).

My workaround for continuity has been to move away from the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person structure. Instead, I use 1st person for spouse specific messages, 2nd person for adulterous seductions, and 3rd person for casual sex. (I mean I use the categories 1st, 2nd, and 3rd persons, I do not limit myself to those grammatical voices).

I also have a very clumsy but workable workaround for FF messages. What I do is this. In the Female-Male 3rd person folders I write messages with a distinctly Sapphic content. The challenge is to get these messages to display on screen during FF action. As we all know, that cannot yet be done--through legit routes. My solution: go to an inn or a place with lots of people (I use a mod that fills inns with people) and fire off Match Maker spells so women throw themselves on men. That triggers the FF messages I have written. Then my lesbian player character retires to her private room with her spouse--and these messages display on screen. OK, they are out of sync and unpredictable, but that kind of adds to the fun. A clumsy workaround, I admit, but it works. And it does not require playing Skyrim in Windows mode.

Gooser, this is an amazing mod. You mentioned getting grief. You and Decauk have nothing but my gratitude.

Continuing... So the question will be - will users want to change their 'sexual proclivity' aka that often. It seems probably not, and when do want to do that, they can just install a different database to suit their current needs. If they needed to switch often, have the mod allow that level of complexity probably would be warranted.

Well, for me, I like the spice of life, and a bit of variety and 'theme' always keeps those messages interesting. For instance I have Devious Devices installed and I never know when that Bandit or Necromancer is going to beat me in a fight and enslave me, or a Rift Guard catches me stealing something and throws me in the clink. So it would be nice if there were some text files that are Slave/Master themed and Bondage themed to match the sex that is going to ensue.

In some files there are 30+ entries, so you never know what you're actually going to get, but the flavor of one message jars with the next, because they weren't written to compliment each other specifically. And it kinda pulls me out of the immersion, you know?. Especially if the message isn't written with proper grammar and syntax. But that in it itself is easily fixed, it just takes some time and effort, which to your credit, is a great idea....being able to edit those Jcontainers however you want.

And that's when the idea of narrative continuity popped into my head. 

In a perfect world, I see Apropos even pulling specific text files particular to the specific animation. So for example, if Sexlab plays the Lying BJ anim versus just the standing BJ, there is a specific text written for that position. And then using narrative content to keep the text relative to that specific animation. But again, my knowledge of code is minimal at best, and I'm not even sure if something like that is even possible.

But having a MCM function that allows a selection of Proclivities would be a great addition... well, at least for me it would be.... I'm not sure if other users would look forward to such a function, and I don't know how easy/hard it would be to implement.

Again, my initial idea was just to keep it simple... just a random number generator that pulls one smaller file versus one big file and then randomly pick an entry.But I like your idea of the user selecting the particular flavor.

Let me know if adding in level selection to the db is something you'd be interested in implementing. You got one thumbs up here!

M