Apropos - Feature Request and Descriptions Submission

So I am thinking of trying to write some for Male PC and female NPC's. I can see where I need to put the insertion and orgasm text from the beta download. I have three questions.

1.How do I do stage progression? Nvm worked this one out.

2.Other than validating the files on http://jsonlint.com/  and resetting the options in game. Is there anything else I need to do? Also have this sorted.

3.Also what is the most up to date synonyms file? *I am currently using the one from the DL above this post.*

*Edit*

Using the wear and tear tags in a Male PC on a female NPC. Will this use the female npc's wear and tear? If not is there a way to show this?

I currently have new lines showing up fine for all the consensual animations. I wont be doing the rape ones as they are not my cup of tea.

What do most animations go to? stage 3 then the orgasm stage?

Somewhere in one of the topics, I've posted a list of all the animations and how many stages they each have. I think it's in the main Apropos topic.

EDIT: Post 932. Can't get links working on this device, or I'd post one.

Somewhere in one of the topics, I've posted a list of all the animations and how many stages they each have. I think it's in the main Apropos topic.

EDIT: Post 932. Can't get links working on this device, or I'd post one.

Thanks I found the post.

I'm working on Male PC female NPC Anal now.

I'm working on converting my db for 2nd/3rd person. It's taking ages, even with macros and shortcuts. I'm only down to 'Cat'...

You must have a lot of entries then. I'm doing batches of 10 and it only takes me like a minute to convert them all to 2nd and 3rd by hand.

Although if you have done all the animals as well. I can see that taking a long time.

I updated the text overlay thing I did earlier wit some extra stuff,

- standalone version (compiled autohotkey script)

- tray menu for some quick access to stuff
sentence history  ( keeps track of sentences used ingame, and allows you to open them quickly for editting, if you use notepad++ it also looks up the specific line the sentence is on)
- better overlay with shadow, looks just like ingame text if you use the Futura font. 
- some bug fixes of logtext not being filtered. 
- text to speech with any installed system voice

here's a quick guide how to use:

So this started as a workaround for the short time papyrus shows the apropos sentences.. I use autohotkey to show a overlay on top of the game with the sentences. It reads these from the apropos.0.log file. It only works if you run your game in fullscreen windowed mode,

With 'onetweak', an skse plugin for borderless fullscreen, you hardly notice the difference between fullscreen windowed and fullscreen mode. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40706/?  it also fixes the double mouse cursor problem and allows you to alt-tab in and out of the game without waiting ages. you have to set the BorderlessWindow = true flag in the onetweak.ini file for the overlay to work.

if you want to run the autohotkey script you need, http://www.autohotkey.com/,  but the exe file is just a compiled version of this.

before you run, open settings.ini in notepad and change the important stuff, like the file paths to apropos db, and to your apropos log folder. and to notepad++ or another text editor you use.

you can also change some settings from the rightclick menu of the trayicon. and leftclicking it opens the sentence history dialog.

and some screenshots:

and the download:

attachicon.gifApropos Util.zip

edit: updated the download, last version had a bug, where disabling voice would also cause the text overlay to disappear.

also I forgot to add you should disable the detailed trace log, and the splitting of sentences into fractions. in the Apropos MCM.

So question is when using mod organizer the log folder is where?

I guess in mod organizer somewhere.

I'm not sure, I use NMM, but it should be at the same place the papyrus logs are. For me it's in the documents/my games/skyrim folder, where my save games are kept too. I suggest you just search your disk for Apropos.0.log.

If you can't find it, chances are you have to enable the logging function in skyrim.ini, you have to add these lines in the [Papyrus] section of skyrim.ini

bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=0

btw, here's an updated version with a bunch of changes, it applies a filter to add 'the' to unnamed characters, eg. the skeleton, the whiterun guard. I also tried for text to speech to use different voices for female and male dialog. it works for sentences starting with ({active} {Says}), or (You {Say}). so for now it works correctly because only male/female,  female/male interactions have been implemented in apropos.

I attached my db, which is a compilation of decauk's first person descriptions + my translations for 2nd person. which have the ({active} / you say) parts. It also has psikochik's FF descriptions.

EDIT:

the synonyms file in the previous db download had some errors, causing apropos and my utility to stop working.

reuploaded the database with valid json. sorry for the inconvenience.

Open the Apropos Util.exe, it's aways appear [Voice""IVONA 2 Salli""does not exit.]

sentence history  ( keeps track of sentences used ingame, and allows you to open them quickly for editting, if you use notepad++ it also looks up the specific line the sentence is on)
- better overlay with shadow, looks just like ingame text if you use the Futura font. 

So this started as a workaround for the short time papyrus shows the apropos sentences.. I use autohotkey to show a overlay on top of the game with the sentences. It reads these from the apropos.0.log file. It only works if you run your game in fullscreen windowed mode,
With 'onetweak', an skse plugin for borderless fullscreen, you hardly notice the difference between fullscreen windowed and fullscreen mode. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40706/?  it also fixes the double mouse cursor problem and allows you to alt-tab in and out of the game without waiting ages. you have to set the BorderlessWindow = true flag in the onetweak.ini file for the overlay to work.

if you want to run the autohotkey script you need, http://www.autohotkey.com/,  but the exe file is just a compiled version of this.

before you run, open settings.ini in notepad and change the important stuff, like the file paths to apropos db, and to your apropos log folder. and to notepad++ or another text editor you use.

you can also change some settings from the rightclick menu of the trayicon. and leftclicking it opens the sentence history dialog.

and some screenshots:

and the download:

edit: updated the download, last version had a bug, where disabling voice would also cause the text overlay to disappear.

also I forgot to add you should disable the detailed trace log, and the splitting of sentences into fractions. in the Apropos MCM.

I'm not sure, I use NMM, but it should be at the same place the papyrus logs are. For me it's in the documents/my games/skyrim folder, where my save games are kept too. I suggest you just search your disk for Apropos.0.log.
If you can't find it, chances are you have to enable the logging function in skyrim.ini, you have to add these lines in the [Papyrus] section of skyrim.ini

bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=0

btw, here's an updated version with a bunch of changes, it applies a filter to add 'the' to unnamed characters, eg. the skeleton, the whiterun guard. I also tried for text to speech to use different voices for female and male dialog. it works for sentences starting with ({active} {Says}), or (You {Say}). so for now it works correctly because only male/female,  female/male interactions have been implemented in apropos.
I attached my db, which is a compilation of decauk's first person descriptions + my translations for 2nd person. which have the ({active} / you say) parts. It also has psikochik's FF descriptions.

EDIT:
the synonyms file in the previous db download had some errors, causing apropos and my utility to stop working.

Open the Apropos Util.exe, it's aways appear [Voice""IVONA 2 Salli""does not exit.]

OK, that's because you don't have the same voices installed as the ones I put in the settings file. It should not crash the program, just open the program by clicking on the tray icon. ( looks like a white window with a green plus sign) and select some voices which are installed on your pc. it should update the settings file. and next time you run it, not show the message again. (I do recommend you try IVONA voices, they're pretty expensive, but the only ones I know that actually sound good, you can demo them free for month. and no I dont work for them :) )

btw, do people think I'm cluttering up the topic by posting that apropos util stuff here, should I open a new topic? I think it's good to have all apropos related stuff in one place, so people can find it.. but maybe it should have it's own thread. I'm not sure.

Ok so I tried using Util. Works fine for the most part bar a few things.

1. the text is not properly aligned to the middle it is off to the left. What do I need to set it to for 1920x1080?

2. Is there anyway to change the brightness in windowed fullscreen? It's kind of ruining my enb atm.

Is there anyway to get this to work in normal fullscreen? Windowed fullscreen is just not usable due to not being able to alter brightness.

btw, do people think I'm cluttering up the topic by posting that apropos util stuff here, should I open a new topic? I think it's good to have all apropos related stuff in one place, so people can find it.. but maybe it should have it's own thread. I'm not sure.

I think that would be apropos. :)

sorry to whoever downloaded the database I posted a page back, and had to deal with missing synonyms..

I did some last minute changes but didn't validate the synonyms file. so yes, that's my bad :)

Here's the right one.

A bug: in FemaleActor_Cat_Vaginal_Rape_Stage2.txt, there're two {BEASTCOCK}, not {BEAST} {COCK}.

and some screenshots:

and the download:

bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=0

EDIT:

Alright thanks, I found my log files and got those running a while ago.

Just haven't gotten this mod of yours up and running yet, I also got Notepad++ installed too.

So since there are no voice files I guess I have to set =0 for those.

Edit

So each time I attempt to run the file it says voice sally does not exist?

Not sure whats going on here

Edit 2,

Well I still cant get this to work, I see that its a great idea and that it would be really handy for implementing a lot of text to the mod or even mods for that matter.  Its certainly brilliant and I like the way that you can just alt tab and adjust rewrite text on the fly.  For the end user it'll mean that the text can be positioned anywhere on the screen quickly and that we will be able to pick out where and how big the text is, how long it stays on screen and even have it read to us.  For contributors its going to be a powerful tool for sure.  Thing is I just cant get it to run at all, and I've followed the directions and even have the program running in the back but its not even acquiring the text from the log like it should.  So either I have the wrong version of the mod, there could be a MCM menu option to enable the text into the log, cause I sure don't see any in the log, or well there are a few more steps than mentioned to install this.

Aropes itself is working and doing its job nicely and I've found a hud mod that will allow me to move the papyrus messages to where I want them and even adjust the font size, yet its still goes by too fast unfortunately which I would like it too slow down.  I would also like to be able to control the opacity and color of the text so its clearly belonging to this mod.

Would have been invaluable tool I think and I hope you get steps for installation ironed out so contributors can use it.

and some screenshots:

and the download:

bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=0

EDIT:

Alright thanks, I found my log files and got those running a while ago.

Just haven't gotten this mod of yours up and running yet, I also got Notepad++ installed too.

So since there are no voice files I guess I have to set =0 for those.

Edit

So each time I attempt to run the file it says voice sally does not exist?

Not sure whats going on here

Edit 2,

Well I still cant get this to work, I see that its a great idea and that it would be really handy for implementing a lot of text to the mod or even mods for that matter.  Its certainly brilliant and I like the way that you can just alt tab and adjust rewrite text on the fly.  For the end user it'll mean that the text can be positioned anywhere on the screen quickly and that we will be able to pick out where and how big the text is, how long it stays on screen and even have it read to us.  For contributors its going to be a powerful tool for sure.  Thing is I just cant get it to run at all, and I've followed the directions and even have the program running in the back but its not even acquiring the text from the log like it should.  So either I have the wrong version of the mod, there could be a MCM menu option to enable the text into the log, cause I sure don't see any in the log, or well there are a few more steps than mentioned to install this.

Aropes itself is working and doing its job nicely and I've found a hud mod that will allow me to move the papyrus messages to where I want them and even adjust the font size, yet its still goes by too fast unfortunately which I would like it too slow down.  I would also like to be able to control the opacity and color of the text so its clearly belonging to this mod.

Would have been invaluable tool I think and I hope you get steps for installation ironed out so contributors can use it.

OK, yes, you're right, that's why I was thinking of opening a new topic, because it's probably a bit unclear how to use, with things scattered round this thread.

So I just did :)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/34407-estelles-apropos-utility-for-text-overlay-quick-text-edits-and-tts-wip/

can you send a copy of your apropos.log file, maybe there something I'm missing.

Is there any way to make text appears as the subtitles in the middle of the screen?

Yes :)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/34407-estelles-apropos-utility-for-text-overlay-quick-text-edits-and-tts-wip/

but it takes some work to set up , I hope Apropos will get a proper SKSE / SkyUI implementation of what I've done in the future. I know it should be possible with SkyUI widgets, I looked into it but it's way past my knowledge... actionscript scares me :(

during my browsings on the subject I found gooser actually looking into it a while ago, 

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1500002-skyui-widget-framework-question-showing-text-labelmessage/

so I hope it's still on his todo list :)

btw. gooser if you are reading this, maybe, this would also be an option, schlangster already made an improved version of the notification system, with longer message queues. but it looks like nobody has ever done anything with it.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1476959-wip-skyuilib/

nswzCr7.jpg

Ok, this is taking a long time, so I'll post my progress. This db file includes 1st, 2nd & 3rd person support for everything up to and including Dragon. I'm just working down the list.

This also includes support for some things not currently supported by Apropos:

• Stage messages for rape.
  • Horse Oral Stage 6
  • Rieklings
  • Handjob, Footjob, Fisting & Female Masturbation.
  • Some FF messages, still a work in progress.

Both FF and MF messages will be done, my priority is full 2nd/3rd person support. I'm hesitant to just reword my FM messages for FF, as I imagine the average Female PC will be bi, so I want to limit repetition, I want FF to be distinct from FM. As for dominant FF messages, where it's the PC with the strapon, I'm gonna wait and see what Gooser does for this in the mod itself.

MFF, MMF & Foreplay messages will also be left until I see what Gooser does for them, whether there's one file for all or one for each individual.

If anyone finds any mistakes (spelling, wrong word being used, broken/incorrect tag, whatever), please send me a private message so I can fix it. Also, I'm European, so don't bother highlighting colour/color or anything like that!

Apropos Custom for Beta.7z

I look forward to reading and using these, Decauk. Do the FF messages actually work? I had thought that FF was not yet implemented. DItto foot and hand jobs. Are you writing messages for Gooser to use in the next update or do they actually function now?

Neither has really been implemented.