Guest Omega1084

LL is growing pretty quickly though, especially nowadays with Nexus growing ever more insane.

Eventually there'll be another attempt and maybe the chatroom idea will catch on then.

There once was a chatroom, but it was removed because the lack of interest. Actually there had been a second attempt to get a chatroom; it failed out of the same reason though.

When were these two attempts made i'm assuming not anytime recently?

true but it will prolly also draw more pople to come online more often, if only just to talk and get a  response direcly instead of waiting like 1 day or 2,anf ofc some authroring is necessary,theres troll everywhere =P

In my opinion, Shout boxes get saturated with absolute nonsense, oh hai derps... By the same people and I can't stand it. But that's just me personally. 

A chat room, if moderated could work though. 

Guest Mogie56

It would most definitely have to be moderated to be kept "clean" shall we say. and I'm not sure any of the current moderators want or need the extra burden. most if not all are very active modders as well as moderators. chat rooms quite often have the potential to devolve rather quickly. most people here tend to shy away from them because of what they've seen and gone through at the nexus. not sure a chat room would get much attention here. 

For my part, it'd be nice to have somewhere to drop in and be a bit more real-time than the forums. Totally understand if it's not gonna happen, though.

Real time? You ninja most post before anybody can even begin to read a persons response. :D

Real time for you will mean you will be posting ... before someone post their comment :P

It might be nice to be able to converse "real time". My concern is the site stability and bandwidth concerns. A chat feature might burden the site like it was just a few weeks ago. Then nobody will be able to post in the thread much less chat.

Oh, come on! You're on nyaalich's side on that? Really?!

I ninja'd her twice. I've never ninja'd anyone else. And, i've never intended to ninja anyone, ever! :P

But yeah... just call me Radar lol ;)

Anyway... what about something independent, like, um, was it called TeamSpeak?

Oh, come on! You're on nyaalich's side on that? Really?!

I ninja'd her twice. I've never ninja'd anyone else. And, i've never intended to ninja anyone, ever! :P

But yeah... just call me Radar lol ;)

Anyway... what about something independent, like, um, was it called TeamSpeak?

Dam those worm holes. Time dilation acting up there huh ChianasGeek? :P

A separate service might be useable. However wouldn't Ashal need to have control of it if it was to be monitored? He would then have it running on some server. That might cost some money, money that might be needed to upgrade the bandwidth or features of the main site. Our site is growing with members constantly. Is there any service that can be cheap or free that could be used for this?

Sorry I don't want to be a downer. But it still needs to be addressed.

In my opinion, Shout boxes get saturated with absolute nonsense, oh hai derps... By the same people and I can't stand it. But that's just me personally. 

A chat room, if moderated could work though. 

true but it will prolly also draw more pople to come online more often, if only just to talk and get a  response direcly instead of waiting like 1 day or 2,anf ofc some authroring is necessary,theres troll everywhere =P

That is precisely my point as to why it is bad. People want to use a shout box as a chat room and that isn't at all its intent. And if people only came to the forum to use the shout box and nothing else, then it defeats the point of the forum. lol

No idea. You'd have to google TeamSpeak. IRC, is Internet Relay Chat, which predates the weird wired web, iirc, and yeah, can be.

Regardless... I don't really care so much, regarding an official channel/chatroom. It's just my fingers are really tired and I'd rather speak if it's gonna be real-time, with whoever (spoiled by XBox Live I guess ;) ).

Time for bed, said Zebedee xx

Omg... IRC! That is the damn thing I was trying to think of that everyone used back in Unreal Tournament Demo days. This makes me laugh out loud, literally. 

And TeamSpeak blows. I prefer Mumble for voice chat. But I do prefer voice chat over a chat room that is for sure.