Imageshack - You now have to be a premium member to upload

Ark of Truth

You heard me correctly! You now have to be a premium member now to upload on imageshack.

Users get 30 days for free and then after that you must upgrade or you will not be able to upload! Existing members will get 30 days for free when they next login, but after 30 days its money or no uploading as well. All existing uploads are unaffected in anyway.

You can find more information about it here.

What is the trial subscription?

The trial subscription is valid for 30 days and does not require any payment information to be entered. You will have full access to the site and all of its features during this time. At the end of the trial if you do not wish to subscribe, account access will still be available, but image uploading will not.

What happens to my account after the trial or if it expires?

If you don’t pay after the free 30 day trial or if your premium subscription expires, image uploading will not be available. However, access to the account and images previously uploaded are still allowed.

How do I check my subscription status?

To check your subscription status and other account details go to the settings page. In the top right hand corner of the site, next to your username is a dropdown menu which includes settings in the options.

Goodbye Imageshack, it's been fun :dodgy:

46461113.gif

This made me sad, all my kitteh smiley thingies are there  QQ.

You can use your existing stuff which is already uploaded without issue. It's just you can't upload anything new.

Oh I know I can still use them, my "trial" ended last week or so. It's that one more website with a login to remember that bugs me just to put up a picture of something else.

Guest xthejester

Why on earth would anyone pay for something they can get for free from so many other places?

tinypic, photobucket...imgur, etc.

Imageshack has officially gone full-retard.

Guest endgameaddiction

I was with ImageShack for abotut 7+ years. I had about 19 days or so before I request my account be closed. With a nice reason why. Don't remember exactly what I wrote

but I said thanks for everything. Because you are charging your services to everyone I've decided to remove my stuff and shift it over to flickr. 5GB was nice, but I flickr offers 1tb for free. can't beat that. Adios suxorz!

I threw in to have my account removed. Not sure if they did. I haven't checked since. I just removed them from my favorites and link from my task bar.

I always use postimage.org. They are just like imgur but without all the tweeting and networking fluff (I enjoy the interwebs the most without hashtags). If you got an adult image, you simply tag the 18+ box and it won't be searchable.

Imgur doesn't work very well with LoversLab.

I use it, works perfectly. Never 404's or other shit. So idk what ur on about

imgur = big = public image = no nudity or pr0n. It takes one person to flag it and you may get permabanned. Not being banned and not having your galleries pulled comes down more to luck, rather than imgur being okay with it.

Imageshack is expecting the majority of its users to have so many images there already that they're just not willing to move to a new host.

Of course, that will get only the smallest of numbers. So this is going to be a massive CRASH AND BURN. And when they've finally learned their lesson, it'll either be dead or die off just a little after crawling back to the free model because everybody will be using other sites.

Imageshack is expecting the majority of its users to have so many images there already that they're just not willing to move to a new host.

Of course, that will get only the smallest of numbers. So this is going to be a massive CRASH AND BURN. And when they've finally learned their lesson, it'll either be dead or die off just a little after crawling back to the free model because everybody will be using other sites.

With this market, they'll be bought and the founders dismissed and fired. All the small web companies go that way it seems.

Meh, I used to use them to upload a random picture on the fly, but now I use other sites like photobucket for my regular pics and imagebam.com (imagebam even lets you upload nude/pr0n pics, just make sure to select Adult tab when uploading).

For example, an old album I uploaded of when the nude mod for Soul Calibur V came out about 2 years ago for JTAG XBOX 360's.

****CONTAINS NUDITY****

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/04ry97kv3me467ozddno6il8a3n1fvef

Hmm I dont have any problems with Imageshack.

I can upload as much as I want without having an premium account.

I uploaded a pic just a few days ago for Rod in STO.

Edit:

And I dont have this 30 Day Trial Account hmm.

Guest endgameaddiction

With this market, they'll be bought and the founders dismissed and fired. All the small web companies go that way it seems.

Yep, that will be the outcome. If not, they will just go down so hard they will just opt out.

Archived