New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

@ gerra6 - RE: unversal mesh fill-in-the-gaps tool. "Any interest?"

Speaking strictly for myself, I'd say no. I tend to avoid these meshes that are partial body composites. I have enough of an effort just getting full meshes to convert and/or rig right. If I run into these I shelve them for review in Blender or another full blown 3d tool and decide then if I really want to work on it. In other words, is it worth the level of effort involved to spend the time on it. Most for me have ended up as no.

And maybe spline interpolation would have been a better choice vs. extrapolation.

Ok, so I don' want to become a nuisance, so if I can't gleam anything off this comment, I'll just live with what I have.

I'm using the 0.85 portable package, but if it looks like an old copy, maybe some remnant of an older version I thought I uninstalled is still lurking amongst my files.

Any files that are generated or used outside of the portable file? 

Could there be something causing problems for python? my blender acts odd and won't open nifs(despite what I assume to be), so maybe the problem is with python since both use it.

*edit*

:D

WOOOO, 0.89i 4 lyfe! well until .89j c:

OK, I've posted an update to http://kgtools.org/

[...]

3. Resolved error that would occasionally occur when the tool finished processing a mesh

You mean, these errors ?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\usr\py_scripts\Convert Clothing\make_lattice.py", line 299, in <module>
    input('\nWork done, press enter to close.')
AttributeError: 'Logger' object has no attribute 'errors'

And 

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\usr\py_scripts\Convert Clothing\convert_clothing.py", line 343, in <module>
    input('\nWork done, press enter to close.')
AttributeError: 'Logger' object has no attribute 'errors'

[Yes, I use the RC 89i]

It's really not a big deal, because all the work are saved, but this happen all the time to me.

I'm soo confused. I want to use this problem but cannot get it to cooperate. When I download it, it's just a bunch of .py python files that do nothing - their command prompts close immediately after opening. The .bat files all give me the same error when run:

'python.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

I downloaded both Python related programs as instructed. But Pyffi 2.2.2's Setup.py doesn't run, so I'm not sure if it's actually installed or not. And I have three different versions of Python on my computer (2.6, 2.7, 3.3) as they are necessary for various things. Could they be interfering with one another?

The instructions are very unclear - the differences between the upgrade and scripts only versions are not explained. Do I need one, or both? Labelling one 32-bit and another 64-bit leads me to choose one over the other, but the instructions allude to needing both without explaining how to combine them.

This program is one of my most sought after tools so I'd love to get it working! Thanks for any answers..

Ok, hope this helps.

I downloaded both Python related programs as instructed. But Pyffi 2.2.2's Setup.py doesn't run, so I'm not sure if it's actually installed or not. And I have three different versions of Python on my computer (2.6, 2.7, 3.3) as they are necessary for various things. Could they be interfering with one another?

There is a convenient binary install package for windows users. Download "PyFFI-2.2.2.win32.exe", not .zip, unless you have any important reason not to. Installing with setup.py is a bit trickier than double-clicking it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyffi/files/pyffi-py3k/2.2.2/

I'm soo confused. I want to use this problem but cannot get it to cooperate. When I download it, it's just a bunch of .py python files that do nothing - their command prompts close immediately after opening. The .bat files all give me the same error when run:

'python.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

Once you properly installed pyffi, they will run.

If they don't, see this post.

The instructions are very unclear - the differences between the upgrade and scripts only versions are not explained. Do I need one, or both? Labelling one 32-bit and another 64-bit leads me to choose one over the other, but the instructions allude to needing both without explaining how to combine them.

- Scripts-only version is so very incredibly small so they don't need to be split into pieces. Thus, there is no upgrading for x64 versions. Every 64-bit download is a fresh new one.

- You are right about that you have to choose between 32-bit and 64-bit, one or another.

Now what you need to do is this. Either choose 32-bit or 64-bit. (you actually can run both, but don't combine them. you actually can combine them, but why do that.) If 32-bit, download the full portable package first. From there overwrite them with the upgrade package.

I'll update the side with improved instructions once I push the next beta version (Mesh Rigger and Clothing Converter dev versions look good, just updating Seam Mender now to publish the next package.

Anyways, there are three distinct packages available on the site. Note: Clothing Converter, Mesh Rigger, and Seam Mender download links all point to the same packages.

1. Scripts Only Version. This version contains a bunch of .py files, a folder called /kg/ that contains more .py files, and a zip file that contains a couple of example .bat files that you can use if you want to point the tool to use a specific version of Python (needed if you have multiple installs of Python). This is a very tiny package, so I always just upload all of the files together.

2. Stand-Alone Package. This is a version of my tools that come bundled with the portable version of Python. I have pre-installed both Pyffi and my tools into this package, so all that you need to do to run this version is unzip it to the location of your choice and run the .bat file that matches the tool that you want to run. Sounds great, right? Well, unfortunately the portable version of Python is only available in 32 bit versions, which severely limits the amount of memory available to my tools. For the most part, this is fine, but there are monster high vertex count nifs that will cause the tool to crash due to out of memory errors if it is running in 32 bit mode. The other problem is that it is a 15 mb package.

3. Stand-Alone Upgrade Package. This is identical to the scripts-only version at any moment, but with the folder structure of the stand-alone package. So, as long as you have one of my stand-alone packages, you can upgrade to a more recent version by simply dragging the folders from the upgrade package into the stand-alone package.

OK.

So, getting Python 3.x and Pyffi to both work if you've never used either before can be a bit of a chore, particularly if you already have some other versions of Python installed.

For a first time user, I'd recommend starting out with the Portable Package (that's what it's there for). Wait until you are get an out of memory error. By then, if you've had a good experience with the tools, it will be worth the irritation of dealing with the weirdness that occasionally happens when you install Python 3 and Pyffi. But in the meantime, just get the portable version to work for you.

Thanks to the both of you for your instructions, they were much more clear and I got the converter working! My first try didn't come out so well though, haha. I'm not really sure what most of the options do which may be part of it. A more in depth description for each option than in the OP would be a godsend to my uneducated mind !

For instance, how it says to leave "UV Search" off if the texture styles differ. "Style" is a highly subjective term, I don't know how to tell the difference between skin texture styles.

The main that that eludes me is making the initial lattice. Now I'm trying to convert the Ashara Imperial Outfit from the standard UNP to CBBE. Do I pick the standard UNP body from the Dimonized UNP Body download even though the outfit may use its own edited UNP mesh which the outfit was then fitted to, or would I select the .nif for the outfit itself? There is slight clipping on the calves and ankles when using that outift with CBBE textures, so I'm really only looking for the outfit to be fit to CBBE's legs so the textures display correctly. Is there some way to do this?

Sorry for my incessant questions, but I'm not familiar with python or how its programs work so this is all new to me !

Unfortunately, UNP and CBBE use different textures for the base bodies, so you can't use UV search with them.

Eventually I'll have a working UV type converter, but for the time being, you need to disable UV search when converting between UNP and CBBE meshes. That means that you'll be running the tool in vertex to surface search mode, which depends on the physical similarities between the nifs.

Also, after you convert a mesh made using a surface-search style lattice, you'll generally want to swap the bodies in Nifskope after the fact.

I have a question. How does one keep a fallout new Vegas body from getting arm crushing where the meatcaps are when converting the body to a oblivion body? I have tried it with the arm meatcaps in place and I have done it with the meatcap branches remove both result in crushing where the meatcaps are or were at. And if I convert the fallout body to the oblivion pose it seems to make it worse the meatcap area doesn't crush but everything else for the arm does instead.

I run it without using UV map but have tried all settings.

post-25667-0-34084800-1414987868_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-31659500-1414987952_thumb.jpg

What's your workflow?

If you're converting from one game to another, you probably want to start like this:

1. Run convert_pose.py or convert_pose.bat.

1.a. Under 'Game' select the game you are converting from and then the game you are converting to.

For Fallout to Oblivion, you should get something that looks like this:

post-20303-0-84245000-1414994415_thumb.png

2. Run Mesh Rigger to convert the fallout rigging and dismember partitions to oblivion rigging and skin partitions

3. Run Make Lattice. Ensure that 'Skin Only' is selected. If 'Skin Only' is not selected, then the fallout meatcaps will end up in the lattice and cause problems. UV search should be disabled unless the from mesh and to mesh use the same texture.

4. Run Convert Clothing.

Do I pick the standard UNP body from the Dimonized UNP Body download even though the outfit may use its own edited UNP mesh which the outfit was then fitted to, or would I select the .nif for the outfit itself?

Lately I've made it my practice to use the body .nifs from the outfits.

I load the bodies in Nifskope, strip them of all clothing to ensure the body is complete (and it makes Make Lattice's job easier), and save them as separate .nifs just for that outfit conversion.

It only takes a few minues to make new lattices, after all, and it avoids body version issues.

I'm wanting to convert the Sotteta Huntress Armor from UNP to UNPTM, i.e. thinner legs. The leg part offers an extra challenge, however: its trousers include a feet mesh, and the UNPTM body, as most Skyrim custom bodies, doesn't.

post-368191-0-11432400-1415007850_thumb.jpg post-368191-0-66933000-1415009533_thumb.jpg

How can this be tackled? I tried coming up with a combined 'to' mesh by copying the feet .nif into the body .nif, but got "failed to map parent link" errors.

(Googling for answers revealed that 0 NiNode needs to be renamed, but that only led to the next "failed to map parent link" level.)

Or is there an easy way to do this in Outfit Studio? Wrong thread to ask that question perhaps, but the aim is only to have a 'to' body. The armors would be converted with Clothing Converter.

post-368191-0-52385800-1415007855_thumb.jpg

Your tool never ceases to amaze me. That worked, with very pleasing results. :)

post-368191-0-44458200-1415049038_thumb.jpg

There's some very minor distortion when standing still, and even that seems due to the HDT/weighting/breathing animations.

When crouching however, the distortions get bad. Check out the groin area in the picture below.

post-368191-0-27251300-1415050215_thumb.jpg

Is there some setting that will remedy this?

Yeah. I think I figured this one out.

I had my framework crawling through about 200 Skyrim nifs to test my new seam categorization algorithm and I noticed some very suspicious behavior.

It turns out that some genitals nifs are being treated as normal body meshes by my tools. This means that they get processed even if you are running Make Lattice in 'Skin Only' mode. Since most genitals meshes overlap with the bodies and the UV maps in unusual ways, things can get really ugly.

So, until I come up with a more reliable method to detect them and exclude them, you'll want to check your From and To body nifs for genitals and manually remove them in Nifskope.

Did a new run I might of selected too many things in mesh rigger I tried copy weights delete all weights select bones replace bones and replace partitions. It all looks pretty good but in game it is invisible. Maybe I will have to run mesh rigger again to redo what I changed or rerun it again.

Other then slight breast meltage under the breast it came out pretty well. Don't mind the patch above the crotch the author of the textures stated that they were not going to make a hairless version so I did it myself.

OOPS just noticed I forgot to turn off UV search as well.

Just reran it through mesh rigger but it causes nifskope to lock up so it looks like I will have to try again tomorrow.

post-25667-0-57795700-1415079066_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-64935700-1415079309_thumb.jpg

Hard to say. That looks pretty damn ugly though.

I'll have a new version of Mesh Rigger ready for testing soon. It will include an option to completely ignore pre-existing skin distortion and rebuild the skinning from scratch.

I *suspect* that the weird breast distortion you're getting with that mesh is related to that.

Hard to say. That looks pretty damn ugly though.

I'll have a new version of Mesh Rigger ready for testing soon. It will include an option to completely ignore pre-existing skin distortion and rebuild the skinning from scratch.

I *suspect* that the weird breast distortion you're getting with that mesh is related to that.

Hi there .

Hi Gerra .

Yes as you said " damn ugly though " ... i don't know from what he tried to conert to ...  but , i 've tested your version 0.89e ... without any other update and it works very , very well for Oblivion ( not tested Skyrim meshes with that version)

NOt tested your Seam Mender ( i will try it probably tonight ..) but , bravo for the Clothing Converter and the Mesh Rigger.

Bye.

It would appear that the distortion I reported earlier is not due to genitals .nifs (which I don't use) but due to weighting. I re-rigged the outfit with these options:

- Select Bones = off

- Delete All Weights = on

- Replace Bones = on

That got rid of the distorted meshing in the groin area.

post-368191-0-73574600-1415114502_thumb.jpg

Gaps do remain in the clothing, which are also due to weighting because the gaps come and go as the butt and breasts bounce around.

This is how it looks between Clothing Converter and Mesh Rigger, i.e. using the outfit's HDT weights.

post-368191-0-97009500-1415114782_thumb.jpgpost-368191-0-76574200-1415115275_thumb.jpgpost-368191-0-71615800-1415115281_thumb.jpg

The seocnd and third screenshot were taken with a coupe of seconds in between, to illustrate the gaps appearing and disappearing.

This is how it looks after Mesh Rigger, i.e. using the weights in b3lisario's TPSB.

post-368191-0-97150500-1415114811_thumb.jpgpost-368191-0-44665900-1415114816_thumb.jpg

Oddly, the front side survived the conversion a lot better than the backside. There's almost no textile left at the back of the legs.

@AnnaFly

That is a fallout body converted to the oblivion DRMA body I also did a BDM version earlier this week but was getting arm crushing where the meatcaps are and Gerra6 showed how to convert it without getting those arm crushings.

Greetings.

Hy Myuhinny .

Uhmmm , " Fallout" ... so this time i cannot try to help you with your mesh ( i know nothing about fallout , my boyfriend play sometime with this game , but not on one of my computers , that mean not in my home ,   but not me ) ...

I need to try the different upgrades too ( fortunately it's possible to install them one by one and to a different folder ( or hard disk) for each version and keep them all functional ... great  !) ...

I prefer test them only with one game at time ... and Oblivion ( or Morrowind) is still the one i prefer for modding.

Cheers.