New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could guide me or give me tips in how to convert full-body \ one-piece armors in oblivion.

I tried to convert these 2 meshes (attached) and the main problem I had was that these meshes cover the entire body, and not having a mesh for the lower body and another to the upper body separately.

Also the legs in those meshes are "cut".

Basically what I tried was to make a mesh in blender that is made of my target body's both lower and upper body. But that didn't work. 

I am a total noob at those things so I'm probably missing something here... Any help is appreciated !

I believe the BloodIllusion armor uses HGEC E upperbody and HGEC M lowerbody.

Now the crazy thing is there are several of different variants in HGEC that are identically labeled "HGEC E" or "HGEC M". HGEC is a victim of its own success.

Well, at least this time compatible parts can be found in setbody data pack.

Same goes for the Birdy armor. Looks like the upperbody is F cup but the lowerbody is unknown (though in most cases one of HGEC M, L, LL if the upperbody is HGEC classic). You can find HGEC F mesh somewhere, and compare the lowerbody to every lowerbody mesh you have until you find the match.

@movomo

Thanks for the reply, the guy who made the Birdy armor stated that he used HGEC F-cup upper body, but manipulated the breasts the give them up a push-up look.

So what I did (and it worked for me when I converted Lady Underwear) I took the armor mesh, removed the armor itself and I was left with the custom body mesh he created. Then I made a lattice from it to the target body (in this case, ZKEC E-cup).

The problem I'm having though with Birdy and Blood Illusion is that both of these meshes are composed of both lower body and upper body meshes in the same mesh. So when I reach the actual converting stage, usually the legs get messed up, they end up stretched down because the mesh that I'm converting does not include the entire legs, they cut them near the knee, and from there its just the boots that cover the cavity where the legs should be.

Just open the meshes I attached in the previous post, remove the boots and see for yourself.

For best results in Oblivion meshes, I generally recommend generating a lattice using the hands, feet, upper body, and lower body for both the From and To nifs.

That way, you should end up with a lattice that can handle boots, partial legs, etc.

However, there's a bug in the way that the code currently deals with seam vertices that could be causing a problem.  I meant to fix it by now, but I haven't yet.

So right now, if you are working with a mesh that uses chopped up 'skin' type meshes, the tool has an annoying tendency to miscategorize the non-seam edges as seams and treat them accordingly.  That might be the source of the distortion that you are getting.

I'll get that fixed and put an update on my site later today (kgtools.org)

No!

Sadly.

The UV converter is temporarily stalled because I the UV conversion bodies that I had planned on using for testing my code (and generating a UV conversion library) don't appear to have UV maps.  So...hmm.  

Clipping Issue.  I have a good chunk of the framework in place.  The back-end shift from a vertex -> vertex search to a vertex -> surface search made me write most of the needed back-end code.  I just need to sit down and enter a coding fugue state for a few days to bash out the surface <-> surface collision detection code.

Cleavage Crash...that's still as nasty as ever.  I can think of a number of potential conceptual approaches to solving the problem, but I haven't come up with any approaches that will actually work for an automated tool.  Essentially, cleavage crash is incredibly easy for a human to spot, but incredibly difficult for a computer to detect without a ton of false positives.

@cobme

The fullpink body is using the manga lowerbody. A easy trick for find the correct body part. First make a copy of the armor/outfit then delete the armor out of the copy nif but leave the body then click the body and click the arrow to the left of the word skin to get the drop down then go to Ambient Color and change the R G and B numbers to .5 .5 .5 and save this will make the body dark which will make it easier to see matches. Then paste the body into setbody folder that you think the body is from then load up the upperbody right click the body and go to block - copy branch then load and then double click the armor and right click scene root and go to block - paste branch. If you get a ninode error you can either copy the ninode branches by right clicking the ninode line and going to block copy branch and repeat the same way as is done for the body or you can just load the body back up and right click scene root then block - copy branch then load the nif up and right click scene root and then block - paste branch just make sure not to save with 2 scene roots in the nif as it might mess it up.

You will get black and light patches which will move around as you rotate/tilt the body in nifskope spots that stay dark or white and never change will show that the body is either incorrect or modified or that is where a body party is missing like the legs in the fullpink outfit. Make sure to rotate and tilt the body in different directions so you can see all the spots and some spots show up better in certain directions. It doesn't work all the time but most of the time it does.

post-25667-0-16143300-1413349005_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-77203000-1413349115_thumb.jpg

The other one is indeed HGEC E and M as movomo stated.

This is more of an request for enhancement than a bug, but I'm running into some skyrim meshes that have a NiSkinInstance rather than a BSDismemberSkinInstance. The meshrigger tool seems to be replacing NiSkinInstance with a BSDismemberSkinInstance set to node 32 (body). Would it be either possible to just keep the original NiSkinInstance, or else to give the option during conversion to select the BSDismemberSkinInstance partition node that is used to replace the NiSkinInstance? I did not have replace bone nor replace partitions selected. I did have copy weights selected, and the template mesh does use BSDismemberSkinInstance.

Does that make any sense? And I've attached a log where this was happening. Also, perhaps ironically, the converter did not replace the NiSkinInstance. It only happened in mesh rigger.

This is more of an request for enhancement than a bug, but I'm running into some skyrim meshes that have a NiSkinInstance rather than a BSDismemberSkinInstance. The meshrigger tool seems to be replacing NiSkinInstance with a BSDismemberSkinInstance set to node 32 (body). Would it be either possible to just keep the original NiSkinInstance, or else to give the option during conversion to select the BSDismemberSkinInstance partition node that is used to replace the NiSkinInstance? I did not have replace bone nor replace partitions selected. I did have copy weights selected, and the template mesh does use BSDismemberSkinInstance.

Interesting.

Right now, the tool assumes that Skyrim nifs with NiSkinInstances instead of BSDismemberSkinInstances are bugs and automatically corrects them when it rebuilds the nif. Note: it doesn't change the partition shape/structure just the partition type unless replace partitions is enabled.

Are there instances where a NiSkinInstances are specifically desired for Skyrim? Weapon nifs maybe?

Interesting.

Right now, the tool assumes that Skyrim nifs with NiSkinInstances instead of BSDismemberSkinInstances are bugs and automatically corrects them when it rebuilds the nif. Note: it doesn't change the partition shape/structure just the partition type unless replace partitions is enabled.

Are there instances where a NiSkinInstances are specifically desired for Skyrim? Weapon nifs maybe?

Just any time I have to go through and edit a few hundred nifs with multiple partitions in each to fix them after running through mesh rigger ;)

I think replacing NiSkin with BSDismember is fine, just let us pick what slot is assigns it to. In this case, I'm doing the AH1 and newmiller piercings and weighting them to the body I made.

Just any time I have to go through and edit a few hundred nifs with multiple partitions in each to fix them after running through mesh rigger ;)

I think replacing NiSkin with BSDismember is fine, just let us pick what slot is assigns it to. In this case, I'm doing the AH1 and newmiller piercings and weighting them to the body I made.

Got it.

There are a couple of approaches I can try there.

1. Add an option that allows you to specify the dismemberment partition type in Mesh Rigger.

2. Create a customized single-purpose batch partition management tool.

I'm not really a fan of option 1.  Mesh Rigger is already probably doing too many things, with too many options.  There's a good back-end reason for this...once you start modifying the skinning of a mesh, lots of things need to get rebuilt on the back-end.  But from an end-user perspective, it probably doesn't make any sense at all for weightpainting to have any impact whatsoever on skin partitions.

So Option 2 could be a fairly streamlined tool with a few basic options.

A. In copy mode, it simply copies skin partitions from a template nif to a target nif.

B. In modify mode, It batch modifies all partitions in some user specified way. 

My thinking is to have the tool process a single nif and open a menu that lists all geometry blocks by name and their associated SkinInstance (or BSDismemberSkinInstance) and the identified partition type as appropriate.

From that menu you can specify how the tool should deal with each identified partition type and specify whether or not to continue applying that behavior to every subsequent processed nif, or whether you want to individually specify it for each loaded nif.

I think either option will work fine, so if you think 2 is better, then that's fine. I think the only issue with 2 is that there will be times, when dealing with large number of nifs, that the top level names of the blocks will vary. I know it does in this case, as there are several different piercing types. I'm only dealing with the nipple and belly nifs, but the block names vary considerably. But even if you have to specify each nif individually, it's probably still less painful than doing it in nifskope. At least I expect it'd be a ton less clicking.

Honestly, I was thinking a lot more simply. And by that, I mean just have the tool, if it's going to convert from niskin to bsdismember, ask the user what slot to assign the new partitions to. This is because it's essentially, or so it seems to me, doing the same thing that overwrite partitions does. I've run into similar issues there, but it hasn't been a big deal since it was clothing and I only had to deal with a couple of nifs with a very few partitions.

Another thing that comes to mind is that this would make it easy to port fallout and oblivion nifs to skyrim, and visa versa. But that would probably call for an option to specify in the input nif version and output nif version separately, along with modifying the partition block types, etc. But it seems doable, yes?

Another thing that comes to mind is that this would make it easy to port fallout and oblivion nifs to skyrim, and visa versa. But that would probably call for an option to specify in the input nif version and output nif version separately, along with modifying the partition block types, etc. But it seems doable, yes?

I just took a good long look at the code and it appears that the code was misbehaving.

It was *supposed* to be preserving the existing partition type unless either Replace Partitions or Copy Version From Template was enabled.

Unfortunately, the bit of code that was written to auto-detect the pre-existing skin partition was bugging out like a big pouting baby.

So I've patched it and uploaded the latest version (V.0.89.f) to my new development site:

http://kgtools.org/mesh-rigger/download/

Please let me know if that fixes the bug that had Mesh Rigger changing skin partitions to dismemberment partitions on you.

I'll throw together a quick and dirty skin partition manager tool sometime fairly soon that implements what we've been talking about.

Same thing, which isn't surprising since that's the same link as the download page. It still sits at "waiting for kgtools...." for a bit then says not available. Weird thing is, I can download the upgrade scripts fine. But the layout is different for portable and I wasn't sure where to put everything, so I've been sticking with the portable version.

Ugh.

That'll teach me to get lazy and use Wordpress instead of coding everything myself.

It certainly *looks* like the files are ready for download. I'll migrate the links over to my dropbox for now.

Should give the latest version of Mesh Rigger and Clothing Converter.

Quick Note, the Clothing converter update includes a new button 'Strict Seams'.

The Mesh Rigger update should fix the Skin Partitions converted into Dismemberment Partitions bug.

Disable Strict Seams if you are converting clothing that has a partial body that isn't getting converted properly. This should resolve the reported distortion issue for certain meshes that was reported a couple of pages back.

Ugh.

That'll teach me to get lazy and use Wordpress instead of coding everything myself.

It certainly *looks* like the files are ready for download. I'll migrate the links over to my dropbox for now.

Should give the latest version of Mesh Rigger and Clothing Converter.

Quick Note, the Clothing converter update includes a new button 'Strict Seams'.

The Mesh Rigger update should fix the Skin Partitions converted into Dismemberment Partitions bug.

Disable Strict Seams if you are converting clothing that has a partial body that isn't getting converted properly. This should resolve the reported distortion issue for certain meshes that was reported a couple of pages back.

Is that on wordpress.com or is it a dedicated install? If you open up a directory external to wordpress, put the files there, then just link them on wordpress, that'd be a simple way around it.

Otherwise there are tons of very light blog engines out that do all the basics without the plugins, theme management, etc etc. 

Awesome possum! I'll give a whirl later tonight or early in the morning and update. I found another problem with the meshes, which seems to be that they're based on something UNP-ish, but I don't have the body they are based on, and since there is no body, I'll have to figure that bit out and do a new lattice.

Is that on wordpress.com or is it a dedicated install? If you open up a directory external to wordpress, put the files there, then just link them on wordpress, that'd be a simple way around it.

Otherwise there are tons of very light blog engines out that do all the basics without the plugins, theme management, etc etc.

I needed something quick, so it's wordpress.com.

Something is weird. The first few .zip files I uploaded work fine. But everything from today just time out, even though everything on the admin front-end that I have access to look fine.

*shrug* Probably something that would be incredibly obvious and easy to fix if I had direct access to anything. But, since I'm force to plunk through their admin UI, well, I only get to see what they want me to see.

Dropbox is probably fine for the files.

OK, something very odd is going on. I've tried 3 times to make a new lattice to go from a 7B body to my modified UNPB. What comes out of convert clothing with this lattice looks like a teleporter accident. I tried an older lattice, and that was... better. Pretty much usable. So it doesn't seem to be

converter. And since it doesn't seem like make lattice has changed, maybe something make lattice uses? Very weird. The lattice is binary so I can't compare the new ones to the working-ish one to get an idea of where it went wrong.

Attached is a zip of the 2 lattices. 7bn8k_0.lat is the older one.

lattice.7z

Gerra6 wrote:

Right now, the tool assumes that Skyrim nifs with NiSkinInstances instead of BSDismemberSkinInstances are bugs and automatically corrects them when it rebuilds the nif.

Yes, and it works. Had exactly that yesterday when copying weights and replacing partitions on two body meshes. Mesh Rigger turned the NiSkinInstances into BSDismemberSkinInstances.

Just out of curiosity: In how far would NiSkinInstances cause Skyrim to bug out?

Just out of curiosity: In how far would NiSkinInstances cause Skyrim to bug out?

It probably wouldn't cause any issues, other than a complete lack of dismemberment chunks or other dismemberment partition dependent effects.

But, my knowledge of Skyrim nifs is mostly limited to working directly with the nifs and very limited in-game testing, so I don't have all that much experience with them, other than making sure that my tools can work with them.

The latest update to Mesh Rigger (0.89.f) *should* now preserve pre-existing partitions unless either replace partitions or update file version are enabled.