Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hey there LoversLab. So I've decided to finally return to Kenshi modding after being away for like five years, and, since I am also developing a big Life/Engineering/Romance/Space Exploration/Chemistry/Fantasy/Sci-fi/Murder Sim I decided on ripping out some of the systems from my game and making a full on AI Companion framework mod for Kenshi out of my already made AI-Companion concept work.

 

So far with Kenshi Comes Alive, All NPCs generate with unique personalities built on various RNG traits, major NPCs have personalities based on their actual dialogue trees and implied personalities, there is a radiant quest system to pick up jobs from people who need things done, NPCs can interact with one another, gain memories and build as characters.

Even generic NPCs - i.e. (Dust Bandit) - once talked to by the player become unique NPCs with a whole range of new skills, preferences, and a family with other members in the game world chosen based on their race and faction.

 

Also has some other minor interesting things such as a new player attribute, Charisma, and its skills for Diplomacy (talking out of fights, making up for either yourself or others, convincing your slave master to let you join them), Intimidation (self explanatory why you'd need this in Kenshi), Rhetoric (ability to lie and convince people of hard to believe truths), Haggling (getting better deals, convincing people to join for less), and Leadership (ability to recruit NPCs, convince captives to join you, convince slaves to join you in a rebellion, be more motivating).

 

Figured you'd be interested in it as it is also going to include a full NSFW mode where you can roleplay out entire sexual scenes with your ingame partner(s), with reproduction and an unnecessarily deep sexual, arousal, libido and reproductive system. (SFW is Fade-to-black.)

There's a lot of systems already in the current unreleased project, and one thing I would be kinda into adding is possibly, when in NSFW mode, having sex animations to go along with it as an optional sub-system instead of just being text based during sex interactions.  Could have its own tab for Loverslab Animations perhaps.

So, if anyone wants to contribute some animations made for the Kenshi rig or something, I might end up making this a whole big thing.

I'm not really sure how the Steam Workshop would feel about a full on sex system being included directly in one of the mods though, so I might keep that as a separate LL downloadable module.

 

Actually, I think an even better solution would be to have the framework automatically scan a folder for animation packs. Modders could drop their own packs in there, and the game could automagically detect the different positions/interactions based on the animation labels and an included .json metadata file.

In fact, I'm probably just going to do it this way once I get the framework properly set up for it, as that'd make it so much easier for people to just make new positions for it.


But anyways, just in general, if you've got any ideas for features for the mod feel free to let me know. Been just posting about it to my Discord and a bit on Reddit, and they never give me any interesting ideas.

 

Oh yeah, also I decided to make hive queens reproduce via parthenogenesis, and have a whole thing in place for making your own hive from scratch technically.

 

1.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.JPG

9.JPG

Edited by Teirdalin
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, whateverdontcare said:

That sounds amazing. How complete is it?

 

Pretty much complete really, I mean I haven't tested the animation interaction framework yet, but other than that it's basically done.  Just needs more bugtesting and feature testing mostly.

 

Which quite frankly, is a lot.

Edited by Teirdalin
Posted

If anyone wants to test things I can toss up a test version for people to goof around with and make bug reports with and help think of features.

Posted

This sounds absolutely insanely awesome! Do you need help with anything in particular? Only anims? Havent done any anims with kenshi rigs and I can see how the height slider might be a pain in the ass to get things lined up. 

Posted (edited)

Get me some basic animation pack and I'll be able to properly start working on integrating the animation system better.  

As for testing;  just find situations where the conversation system just straight up refuses to work.  Had some issues with prayer day.

 

Also, test impregnation through ERPing both in SFW and NSFW mode.

Edited by Teirdalin
Posted

It works pretty good but did have a weird bug with a recruit at a bar. No matter what I wrote to him it just ended the conversation right there. No response just straight exit from the dialog. But the dialog was clearly logged. 
image.png.e1457553b979cea3a0c1009753664f1e.png
Besides that small thing. No other bugs so far. 

Just a UI thing that would really help. The dialog box for your response is rather small. You can at max write in one short sentence. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks fort he heads up, going to improve that once I finish up with Project CARS initial release.

Edited by Teirdalin
Posted (edited)

So,  fight clubs?
I've added a brawling system so seems like it could be nice.  Also I could add brothels too technically.  Also, pulled away from using Rekenshi to my own plugin loader I named TPL.

Edited by Teirdalin
Posted

Got rid of pausing during conversations and adding full TTS and Jaw sync next if doable, which most certainly it should be.

Posted

this is really sick! excited to try it out
for someone that knows little to not much about AI, how does this work? do we need like an API key outside of this mod and how much does that usually cost? also on the github tpl site is it built on 1.0.65 rather than 1.0.68? how do we rollback our game version?

apologiesfor all the questions
thinking of using this with 

along with reactive world and maybe kaizo



thanks for your work, will let you know how it goes

Posted (edited)

It should be for the latest version of Kenshi unless a new version literally just came out.  As for how the AI works; it uses Gemini Dev API keys.  And has a smart daisy chaining system to use the least used key you put in, incase you 'coincidentally' gotten multiple different APIs from different gmail accounts you have access to 'somehow'.

 

Due to arguments with the ReKenshi guy and his licensing minions, I decided to drop this project for now until a more modder-friendly alternative to ReKenshi comes along.

I hate GPLv3.

Edited by Teirdalin
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 9/21/2026 at 9:51 PM, cocoabeanslayer said:

this is really sick! excited to try it out
for someone that knows little to not much about AI, how does this work? do we need like an API key outside of this mod and how much does that usually cost? also on the github tpl site is it built on 1.0.65 rather than 1.0.68? how do we rollback our game version?

apologiesfor all the questions
thinking of using this with 

along with reactive world and maybe kaizo



thanks for your work, will let you know how it goes

 

It would be great to have a toolkit that would allow you to link objects from this "collection" as a new category of objects, or give objects from this mod their own types of interaction. 


This would make it possible to create a more accurate binding specifically to these objects from the collection, rather than a random one, which is determined by the principle of which bed is free and which is closer.


Then it would be possible to create a foundation for direct dialog interaction with NPCs to use these objects.


This would help solve the problem with HoneyDiplomacy. But for this, need to work with RE_Kenshi, which I would like to avoid at the moment...
 

Edited by SAVENTTO

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...