kobold tinkerer Posted September 24 Posted September 24 6 hours ago, Ranot said: Functions the same until it's time to pick an animation. The node searches through it's children entities and picks an animation based on which ones there are. If the node has a male scavenger leader and a female miner for example, it'd look for an animation for those two. If the node has a male scavenger leader, a female miner, and a trap(which says that it has the female miner captured), then an animation of the male scavenger leader fucking a trapped female miner would play. what stops from doing this already? there is a piece of code that keeps cheking if second enemy approaches so double scene could start. you could do the same for triple or whatever, just check for those entities that could trigger scene change. 6 hours ago, Ranot said: Instead of an enemy spawning, a node containing a 'Trap' entity could spawn (I'll use a hole in the wall as an example). It sits idly until a compatible entity (like the player) gets too close, the trap activates and the player is pulled into the hole with their rear hanging out ( the player is added as a child to the node). The player is held there until they break out, and enemies can use them until they do so. When the player breaks free they're removed from the hole ( the node ), and the node reverts to how it initially was with just the 'Trap'. (Maybe there could be some silly mechanic where you could kick a rock into it to block it or something, lol) why not create a trap entity (static enemy, think of meat realm background eyes) that would trigger a scene that just doesnt end until you break free or another scene start if enemy approaches and starts fucking you? 6 hours ago, Ranot said: Say the player is already getting banged by 2 orcs, but then a third comes by. They want some fun too but there isn't a 3-way animation, so they enter the node and stand to the side. A few more come by and suddenly there's a line that's rearing to go. The node keeps track of which enemies are in the scene, their order, and whatever other information that the gangbang scene needs to know. If an enemy passes by and sees an enemy that they hate, but that enemy is in line for sex, that enemy may decide to join the queue instead. this can be done already, just like the first paragraph i quoted. example: you are being fucked by hamis, if shotgunner gets close enough he is added to the scene, but DOES NOT become invisible, he just stand there and waits. when scene ends, instead of setting you free, you start another scene with shotgunner. continue until the line ends or whatever conditions. i'm sorry, i fail to see what problem "node" entity solves that cannot be solved already
kobold tinkerer Posted September 24 Posted September 24 (edited) 1 hour ago, Ink_Ribbon said: Otherwise anyone wanting to pick up the development would have to reverse-engineer the release files there is nothing to reverse engineer. git repo and mod archive that you download contain the same code. we are safe from mod team self destruct scenario. noita uses lua and xml, lua is interpreted language, meaning it just executes whatever you write in the text file without any source code that needs compiling into binary files. xml is just markup language. that makes all noita mods source available by default. kinda like renpy games or minecraft, which is written in java. Edited September 24 by kobold tinkerer 1
Vitalie Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 (edited) 8 hours ago, Ink_Ribbon said: Otherwise anyone wanting to pick up the development would have to reverse-engineer the release files. Dawg the git repo at any given time has like at most 8 files changed and maybe a couple dozen lines of code different. What you download for the mod IS the source code Edited September 24 by Vitalie
Vitalie Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 7 hours ago, kobold tinkerer said: why dont you just make a backup branch and do commits so many people can work on different stuff at the same time instead of mergin branches? we've already got a workflow that works super well and im not going to change it for no reason
Ranot Posted September 24 Posted September 24 (edited) Yeah, this is why I thought it'd be a good idea to bring it up. 12 hours ago, kobold tinkerer said: what stops from doing this already? there is a piece of code that keeps cheking if second enemy approaches so double scene could start. you could do the same for triple or whatever, just check for those entities that could trigger scene change. As far as i can tell, this isn't actually possible in the current code. The reason is that the player isn't involved in this scenario. The code assumes that the player is involved in some way, and the reason why it works for the npc kobold's is because they use the same animations as the player. But yeah, a few minor tweaks and that could be fixed. 12 hours ago, kobold tinkerer said: why not create a trap entity (static enemy, think of meat realm background eyes) that would trigger a scene that just doesnt end until you break free or another scene start if enemy approaches and starts fucking you? That would work too. I was thinking for more diverse interactions like what Vitalie has in mind. If a scene could easily switch between a trap animation, sex animation, or whatever else. 12 hours ago, kobold tinkerer said: this can be done already, just like the first paragraph i quoted. example: you are being fucked by hamis, if shotgunner gets close enough he is added to the scene, but DOES NOT become invisible, he just stand there and waits. when scene ends, instead of setting you free, you start another scene with shotgunner. continue until the line ends or whatever conditions. It could be done, sure. But is it efficient? ...eh. 12 hours ago, kobold tinkerer said: i'm sorry, i fail to see what problem "node" entity solves that cannot be solved already Sometimes, it's not about solving a problem. It's about making it better. Kind of like the init system, the point is to make things more organized and easier to manage. Not forcing the sex_scene to manage everything on it's own loosens it up to have code specifically for the sex_scene itself, it wouldn't need to also manage extra entities, different types of entities, the properties of the scene (fixed in place, ragdolling, pathfinding to a specific point, etc.) or whatever else. So, I guess the idea is that I'd prefer to have a few different entities that each handle a different task, rather than lumping it all onto one entity. It's kind of something I'd just like to try out. If it feels really stupid or unhelpful I can just change it back. Edit: I do see the irony of calling a large mess of folders as "more organized and easier to manage". But this doesn't involve a bazillion folders this time, I swear! Edited September 24 by Ranot
Ranot Posted September 24 Posted September 24 6 hours ago, Vitalie said: we've already got a workflow that works super well and im not going to change it for no reason Thought I'd mention. I DID manage to pull the minor update without needing to redo anything. I think I had to manually wipe one of the branches from my gits memory so it'd know to pull from master, not some non-existent branch. So I'm less concerned about needing to redo a bunch of work now.
kobold tinkerer Posted September 24 Posted September 24 2 hours ago, Ranot said: Sometimes, it's not about solving a problem. It's about making it better can i get philosophical? if you made something better, that means there was a problem that was making it worse than it could be.
Ranot Posted September 25 Posted September 25 11 minutes ago, kobold tinkerer said: can i get philosophical? if you made something better, that means there was a problem that was making it worse than it could be. What's the difference between a wagon and a car? They're both modes of transport, and they both work. So why do we use cars instead of wagons?
kobold tinkerer Posted September 25 Posted September 25 (edited) 35 minutes ago, Ranot said: What's the difference between a wagon and a car? They're both modes of transport, and they both work. So why do we use cars instead of wagons? wagon has a problem of not being as good as a car i have changed to EntityGetFilename to identify enemy and it seems to work without problems so far. this is unrelated, i am just saying it here to not have two posts. Edited September 25 by kobold tinkerer
Ranot Posted September 25 Posted September 25 (edited) @kobold tinkerer Here, this is more-or-less what I'm proposing, Modular Programming. The problem it solves is flexibility and purpose. I mean... yes, the solutions you suggested would work. But it will get harder and harder to do more stuff as sex_scene is being piled onto. Yeah... this does seem to be a pretty big difference in our coding styles. It'll probably be pretty hard to see eye-to-eye on this stuff. I want you to know that I don't think you're wrong. I do value your opinion, that's why I asked in the first place. I tend to aim for the moon, so it can help to be pulled back to earth sometimes. Edit: Huh... so I guess I'd be saying that "sex_scene has a problem of not being as good as a node". Obviously there's some actual reasons why a car is better than a wagon. Goes faster, less maintenance, easier to manage. Except maybe the faster part, that's how I feel with comparing the sex_scene and node. And great about the EntityGetFilename! That should help immensely when trying to identify entities. Also, I'm going to take a step back and rethink the node stuff. I may make a little example for fun, but I'll see what I can manage with sex_scene first. Edited September 25 by Ranot
kobold tinkerer Posted September 25 Posted September 25 17 minutes ago, Ranot said: @kobold tinkerer Here, this is more-or-less what I'm proposing, Modular Programming. The problem it solves is flexibility and purpose. I mean... yes, the solutions you suggested would work. But it will get harder and harder to do more stuff as sex_scene is being piled onto. Yeah... this does seem to be a pretty big difference in our coding styles. It'll probably be pretty hard to see eye-to-eye on this stuff. I want you to know that I don't think you're wrong. I do value your opinion, that's why I asked in the first place. I tend to aim for the moon, so it can help to be pulled back to earth sometimes. maybe your idea is indeed better and i just dont see the problem yet. my point was i want to see the problem first and then create solutions. 1
Ranot Posted September 25 Posted September 25 27 minutes ago, kobold tinkerer said: maybe your idea is indeed better and i just dont see the problem yet. my point was i want to see the problem first and then create solutions. Yeah, I gotcha. I guess... the problem I have is that I can see this rapidly turning into spaghetti code, so this was an effort to help minimize that. I was trying to think of a way to offload all the work that sex_scene has to do, to keep things simpler. Having something like a node felt like a good idea to help take on some of the burden that sex_scene has, while also providing opportunity to be used in other ways.
kobold tinkerer Posted September 25 Posted September 25 46 minutes ago, Ranot said: offload all the work that sex_scene has to do i was thinking about this too and i have an idea of moving all the enemy exceptions somewhere in another file. for example we have a lot of checks like if enemy = enemy1 do this at last stage if enemy = enemy2 do that on second to last stage like for all the enemies that need to be respawned when scene ends, or disabled some damaging component. moving all this into a single file instead of being scattered all over sex_scene.lua would be nice. maybe i will try to do that after i'm done with progress screen
kobold tinkerer Posted September 25 Posted September 25 i noticed the progress image on mod page is shown twice, the last one is outdated. should be removed to not confuse people
Vitalie Posted September 25 Author Posted September 25 55 minutes ago, kobold tinkerer said: i noticed the progress image on mod page is shown twice, the last one is outdated. should be removed to not confuse people GOD DAMN THIS WEBSITE, I literally have to delete the old one EVERY TIME, forgot to do it this last update, I have no fucking clue why it never goes away permanently
kobold tinkerer Posted September 25 Posted September 25 stats seem to work nicely. need to adapt the code to redux version now. 1
kobold tinkerer Posted September 25 Posted September 25 someone earlier mentioned about doing intermediary stage for existing animations, so they dont start immediately but first play some kind of grapple animation. i think doing the same but at the end of animation would be nice, lets say zombie finishes fucking you and instead of leaving you immediately he lies on top of you for a couple seconds, and then there is a chance that he will go for another round. that would make animations less uniform which is good. 1
kobold tinkerer Posted September 25 Posted September 25 50 minutes ago, kobold tinkerer said: stats seem to work nicely. need to adapt the code to redux version now. while i'm at it, give me some suggestions what else can be stored in stats currently: individual enemy: times enemy raped you times you initiated sex (charmed or passive creature) times double penetrated cum in pussy cum in mouth gave birth to enemy spent time fucking enemy summary: total rapes total friendly sex total double total births total faps (futa wizard orb effect) total time spent on sex
kobold tinkerer Posted September 25 Posted September 25 anyone has any idea how to make enemies move to certain location? i want enemies to hurry to join sex scene for double penetration instead of just standing nearby doing nothing. AnimalAIComponent doesnt seem to have anything useful
kobold tinkerer Posted September 25 Posted September 25 (edited) gallery code is done overwrite files in mod folder with the files i sent remove skullmage.xml, skullmage.png, wizard_wither.xml, wizard_wither.png from sex_gfx folder. those two are renamed to icemage and wizard_homing also rename worm_tiny_head to worm_tiny and eel_head to eel enemy name is now retrieved from entity filename (start_sex.lua) instead of sprite name @Ranot sorry i added a couple lines to init.lua the old fashioned way, its probably easy to change if its even needed. it adds child entity to player xml and calls a function in two hooks aside some minor tweaks (getting localized enemy name instead of filename) this should work as advertised the code that handles sex stats inside sex_scene.lua might be a bit messy sometimes (repeats the same thing two or three times with minor exceptions) but i spent a lot of time doing bug fixing and dont want to refactor it now files.zip Edited September 25 by kobold tinkerer
tree_eater Posted September 25 Posted September 25 (edited) How do you not take damage from toxic cum or other cum in that matter? I played so many runs to finally get toxic immunity and turns out you still get damages anyway. Edit: Just managed to get iron womb after I posted this. Although I think it's a good idea to have immunity perks have affect on the womb? Edited September 25 by tree_eater
Platinphoenixx Posted September 25 Posted September 25 This mod is really fun, thanks for making it! 1
Ranot Posted September 25 Posted September 25 10 hours ago, kobold tinkerer said: while i'm at it, give me some suggestions what else can be stored in stats currently: individual enemy: times enemy raped you times you initiated sex (charmed or passive creature) times double penetrated cum in pussy cum in mouth gave birth to enemy spent time fucking enemy summary: total rapes total friendly sex total double total births total faps (futa wizard orb effect) total time spent on sex Very nice! I'll add some code to keep track of those stats. 10 hours ago, kobold tinkerer said: anyone has any idea how to make enemies move to certain location? i want enemies to hurry to join sex scene for double penetration instead of just standing nearby doing nothing. AnimalAIComponent doesnt seem to have anything useful I doubt this would be the best way to do it, but my best guess at something that would work would be: set AnimalAIComponent.mHomePosition to the spot you want them to move to set AnimalAIComponent.preferred_job to "GoNearHome" set AnimalAIComponent.max_distance_to_move_from_home to 0 The original home position could be stored and given back once they don't need to be in a specific spot. This might not work... but if it doesn't, maybe it can give some ideas. 9 hours ago, kobold tinkerer said: @Ranot sorry i added a couple lines to init.lua the old fashioned way, its probably easy to change if its even needed. it adds child entity to player xml and calls a function in two hooks No worries! I somewhat expect a lot of code to still be done in init.lua. The _init stuff just provides other places to store it. 8 hours ago, tree_eater said: How do you not take damage from toxic cum or other cum in that matter? I played so many runs to finally get toxic immunity and turns out you still get damages anyway. Edit: Just managed to get iron womb after I posted this. Although I think it's a good idea to have immunity perks have affect on the womb? Could be an oversight? I do agree that perks that provide immunity should also give immunity to their cum counterparts. There could be a reason why they don't, but I'm guessing we just forgot to do it.
Seisont Posted September 26 Posted September 26 (edited) Got some more fem sprites finally designed. Had to deal with some IRL stuff so I couldn't work on them as much as I'd have liked this week but here's some progress nonetheless. 🐱 They should all look good in game. With the limited testing I did I didn't notice any glaring errors but if some are spotted just let me know and I can patch it up. Enjoy! 😸 Noita More Fem Enemies.rar Edited September 26 by Seisont 1
kobold tinkerer Posted September 26 Posted September 26 6 hours ago, Ranot said: I doubt this would be the best way to do it, but my best guess at something that would work would be: set AnimalAIComponent.mHomePosition to the spot you want them to move to set AnimalAIComponent.preferred_job to "GoNearHome" set AnimalAIComponent.max_distance_to_move_from_home to 0 unfortunately doesnt seem to do anything. i doubt those jobs parameters are even used. there is a lot of unused stuff in noita ecs, like shitting and pissing for example, remnants of initial noita game design
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now