Jump to content

[mod] CK3 Storyline Editor


Recommended Posts

Posted
Spoiler

ad

On 8/26/2026 at 1:27 PM, gianclod said:

New version is in. Main changes:

Court positions @frhghz

  • New Court positions tab for custom court and landless jobs (name, description, image, skill, gold per month, how many, holder/liege modifiers).
  • Event effects Appoint position and Remove position, plus a Has position trigger.
  • The appoint picker includes vanilla jobs, your catalog types, and types from required other mods.
  • Landless (camp officer) jobs sit in their own family, separate from court.
  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.421a0abecb65de16130431ef68eadf55.png

image.png.9547aad2fadfd4fac670027364584d72.png

Who / Applies to

  • The existing Who field can target court, council, and family roles by name: physician, bodyguard, spymaster, chancellor, marshal, steward, court chaplain, heir, real father, realm priest, without using Custom.
    • should be easier to target more existing roles

Change sex @Mouxxx

  • New Change sex effect. Titles, family, and player control move with them.
  • This uses a kill and replace logic not an actual character sex change.
  • The old character dies of natural causes (not murder).
  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.20bd3255a7c167c2b31098decb129b9c.pngimage.thumb.png.e9408ed7b8791ca587600a61f4400222.pngimage.thumb.png.adae40afc6936991a93a6b7aa81c74ac.png

Export / install

  • You can save your CK3 mod folder in Mod settings. Later exports overwrite that mod instead of only downloading a ZIP.
    • doesn't work with all browser

 

What's next

Too much stuff xD the backglog is getting only bigger, but after working on the color modifiers for new character i had the idea of adding generic custom potrait modifiers, so in the same way you can give modifiers to characters you should be able to assign potrait changes, like hair, clothes, etc

@gianclod

 

Hey, I'm back from vaccation and finally have a stable internet connection again 😭🫠

 

First Thank you again for your work and your ongoing support of this tool 😍🤩

While away I managed to construct a first playable draft, which again humbled me, realising, how much work flows into story or mechanic altering mods generally🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠

Nontheless, your tool has helped me not to sink in a sea of events and consecutive, splitting and again reuniting eventchains.

Now I just need to bring the further ideas on the paper so to speak, and integrate them.

And maybe at the end of the year I have an playable version ready, that I'm comfortable releasing into to mod universe.....😁😅

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

1.7.6 is out! Quit a lot of stuff and some early implementations as well. The onlie version is also updated to the same version.

  • You can now scan your local game and use vanilla images for your custom traits, events, effects, etc.
  • Unique cultures and traditions creator @frhghz@lostcause516
  • Unique buildings @frhghz
  • Event window type similar to phanze's @TheFlyingDick
  • Custo Hold court petitioners events early implementation
  • General bug fixing
Edited by gianclod
Posted
2 hours ago, gianclod said:

1.7.6 is out! Quit a lot of stuff and some early implementations as well. The onlie version is also updated to the same version.

  • You can now scan your local game and use vanilla images for your custom traits, events, effects, etc.
  • Unique cultures and traditions creator @frhghz@lostcause516
  • Unique buildings @frhghz
  • Event window type similar to phanze's @TheFlyingDick
  • Custo Hold court petitioners events early implementation
  • General bug fixing

I'm trying out the new version. I'm trying to scan the 'game' folder but I get an error message saying "Can't open this folder - file:/// can't open this folder because it contains system files." The folder I am choosing is definitely the correct one I think. The one containing the graphics and game assets in my steam apps folder (for me this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\game). 

Posted
14 minutes ago, bongbingbong said:

I'm trying out the new version. I'm trying to scan the 'game' folder but I get an error message saying "Can't open this folder - file:/// can't open this folder because it contains system files." The folder I am choosing is definitely the correct one I think. The one containing the graphics and game assets in my steam apps folder (for me this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crusader Kings III\game). 

Are you using Chrome? Your browser might be the one refusing to open anything under program files x86. Let me have a look

Posted
7 minutes ago, gianclod said:

Are you using Chrome? Your browser might be the one refusing to open anything under program files x86. Let me have a look

Hey, yes I was using Chrome. I tried using Firefox and then it worked. Don't know if the issue was Chrome in general or because I have some extensions in Chrome that might interfere. Just out of curiosity I tried opening the mod in an incognito window of Chrome, and same result as before, same error message. 

But this feature seems to work fine in Firefox, it scanned for the icons and everything. Thanks for the reply. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, bongbingbong said:

Hey, yes I was using Chrome. I tried using Firefox and then it worked. Don't know if the issue was Chrome in general or because I have some extensions in Chrome that might interfere. Just out of curiosity I tried opening the mod in an incognito window of Chrome, and same result as before, same error message. 

But this feature seems to work fine in Firefox, it scanned for the icons and everything. Thanks for the reply. 

yea I think it's a chrome specific issue with defaultsystem files location. I'm looking into if I can do anything about it since I guess most people use it

Posted

Hello, I just wanted to say that I think this tool would be improved if it was possible to define the parentage of spawned characters beyond just just the player. For instance I am thinking of an event where the player discovers his long-lost sibling, or perhaps finds out that his father had a secret bastard. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...