Mass Effect 4

Lovely Rose

Guest tomm434
He survived such a fall once..

I've heard this argument before. And I already know the counter plea. :P

In Mass effect 2 Shepard was in  a space suit. And there were just bits on him left on the planet for Cerberus to recreate.

in Mass effect 3 Shepard is already in bad state and he is bleeing and has no space suit, nothing to protect his face\body and all. So there is no way that he survived the fall.

The only thing that can happen if IT is false is that he wakes up on Citadel and probably dies later because there is no one to save him(all ships are broken). Could CItadel enter earth atmosphere and land there(so Shepard is inside it's... ehm.. protection field)? Maybe but unlikely.

while Liara and co are out there space-hiking and making little memorial plaques for the fallen nobody ever cared to look if there were any survivors on the Citadel?

I think that when waifu rejects to stick Shepard plate on the Normandy's wall all of the crew are still on the planed they landed so they have no news from outside yet. And I think that the purpose of this change in perfect Red ending is that somehow waifu feels that Shepard is alive (or just doesn't want to accept that)

I think IT has been pretty much debunked after the Extended Cut. It was always giving too much credit to BioWare. They made the EC so detailed and emphatic about the fate of almost everyone. Except the main character. Who barely got a mention.

I find it exceptionally insulting that the only ending where we even get a hint of survival is where a near dead torso draws a breath, alone, abandoned and severely injured. On what I can only assume is the Citadel, since the EC shows it still in orbit. How long can someone survive with those injuries? Better yet, how long until someone decides to check ground zero for survivors? Isn't that a logical place to search?

If that is not a clear "Fuck you" to the most invested fans, then nothing could ever be.

I think IT has been pretty much debunked after the Extended Cut. It was always giving too much credit to BioWare. They made the EC so detailed and emphatic about the fate of almost everyone. Except the main character. Who barely got a mention.

I find it exceptionally insulting that the only ending where we even get a hint of survival is where a near dead torso draws a breath, alone, abandoned and severely injured. On what I can only assume is the Citadel, since the EC shows it still in orbit. How long can someone survive with those injuries? Better yet, how long until someone decides to check ground zero for survivors? Isn't that a logical place to search?

If that is not a clear "Fuck you" to the most invested fans, then nothing could ever be.

Well, yeah, I can sign practically all of this

He survived such a fall once..

I've heard this argument before. And I already know the counter plea. :P

In Mass effect 2 Shepard was in  a space suit. And there were just bits on him left on the planet for Cerberus to recreate.

in Mass effect 3 Shepard is already in bad state and he is bleeing and has no space suit, nothing to protect his face\body and all. So there is no way that he survived the fall.

This is one of those fuel to the IT fire gibberish moments, really.

Shep is in a space suit / full armor right up until the collapse/blackout approaching the transfer beam on earth. Then suddenly.. trees everywhere, a crummy pistol, back in regular clothes, etc.

Not an 'argument' though just an observation. My 'argument' is that much of what shepard sees/remembers after collapsing and up until opening the arms is a hallucination, and *everything* after that point is. ;) Why do they keep having to open and close these stupid arms anyway? Last time I looked the ring side has a giant hole in it that never closes.

Shep is in a space suit / full armor right up until the collapse/blackout approaching the transfer beam on earth. Then suddenly.. trees everywhere, a crummy pistol, back in regular clothes, etc.

Not an 'argument' though just an observation. My 'argument' is that much of what shepard sees/remembers after collapsing and up until opening the arms is a hallucination, and *everything* after that point is. ;) Why do they keep having to open and close these stupid arms anyway? Last time I looked the ring side has a giant hole in it that never closes.

Well, for me everything after Sovereign's defeat in ME1 is an illusion. Simply because it makes less sense with every additional minute once ME2 starts. Just like a dream, nothings fits in the end, and you wake up full of sweat and a drousy head ...

Damn I am still a bitter person about this game...

I'm shocked that the story writing turned SOOO bad. I had less problem in ME2 than others, but 3? Ulg, three was plain insulting, and i'm not even talking about the ending! Who thought about focusing on Cerberus most the game? WTF! What happened to the plot line about dark energy? What happened .... I could go on and on...

Seriously, I could do better creating a logical ending. LOL ME3 seems to be written like a crappy fan fiction!

I'm shocked that the story writing turned SOOO bad. I had less problem in ME2 than others, but 3? Ulg, three was plain insulting, and i'm not even talking about the ending! Who thought about focusing on Cerberus most the game? WTF! What happened to the plot line about dark energy? What happened .... I could go on and on...

Seriously, I could do better creating a logical ending. LOL ME3 seems to be written like a crappy fan fiction!

We had some lenghty discussion on the Bioware Forums during the whole shitstorm/controversy about that...ME2 is mostly considered to be a great game by many, and yes, whn I played it it was entertaining and promising in many regards...but with the release of ME3 it sadly became obvious that Bioware didn't seem to have much of a plan where to go with their story .. .or they changed it in a way it made less and less sense...

However, even the premise of ME2 is ... not good, even when you don't know about ME3 just yet. First going back to status quo was a bad decision: Half the terran and turan-fleets get destroyed by the Geth-Fleet including the super-dreadnought-sovereign-REaper...but sure, nobody wants to acknowledge it now, all evidence gets denied and so on yadda yadda...

Instead we get the entire focus on Cerberus ... which could have been okay in some way...but I still really don't see much point in it, storywise. And the suicide-mission, okay, was quite cool until the Terminator-Reaper showed up...but the entire "cast" you have to recruit beforehand? Why so many? And even add more through DLCs? Granted, many chars are quite awesome, but the game would have been better focusing on less chars and give them more screentime.

And the collectors...did anyone ever feel some kind of threat by them? Not me...and really, if the whole point of the REaper'sinvasion  was to harvest intelligent life for reproduction (which was a cool and relentless concept) why the collectors are more or less portrait as almost powerful enough to threaten Earth and build a Reaper prior to the actual invasion? Questions upon questions raised by ME2 ... and ME3 does answer them in a dreadful way, if at all. Too many plotpoints are never really explored anymore, characters are reduced to cameos and so on...

Really, I can understand that with games the companies always have this interest that every game is accessible storywise to newcomers .. but does this really work in a coherent trilogy? I think not. And when Bioware/EA even advertised ME3 to be the best part for newbies to start ME3 (!), I am speechless...

Of course tastes are different. But ME2 in my book would have focused on Shepard preparing the galaxy for war, not squeezing this into ME3, which is overburdened by war against both Rapers and Cerberus (Reapers almost play a supporting role! What the ... ?). No status quo, no denial of the truth!. The entire galaxy would have been in slight panic and know what is about to happen, and Cerberus would have played the part they did in ME3, and it would have been revealed towards the end that Cerberus was in fact unknowingly indoctrinated, and despite what they thought about themselves they did their best to prepare the galaxy for the Reaper Invasion - which yes would have been all about the harvest of intelligent life for procreation of more Reapers ... so no mercy, its about continued existence for each race...but not a lot morale dilemma as they tried to somehow create in ME3 and Starchild. Its them or us, and the answer is quite clear...

ME2 could have ended with Shepard (apparent) death as a fine cliffhanger for ME3 and her bad ass comeback during the already ongoing invasion. The galaxy then is at the brink of destruction, but thanks to the efforts of us in the prior games we are not unprepared and able to delay the inevitable, just like the Protheans once did. But, as would have been established already in ME2, there actually IS a way to stop the Reapers. A plan set in motion eons ago, and its up to Shepard to unravel this secret...in my version, the Keepers on the citadel would have been a major part of this, something the Reapers had not forseen...and yeah, it all would have lead to a showdown above Earth, like the trailers for ME3 implied all along, ending the trilogy with a big bang and on a satisfying note ... though also with a galaxy devasted, billions dead and a new dark age dawning - a perfect setup for sequels...

Guest tomm434

I see your butt still hurts :D  just like mine's did when I first finished the game. I got second worst ending(I didn;t play online) and I was like WTF - it this all? No epilogue or something. Maybe it's just me, not doing something properly...

And the collectors...did anyone ever feel some kind of threat by them? Not me...

Actually, I think they are dangerous because of their birds - they can win almost any battle. I think that would take just a couple of flock of them could have won the battle for earth(really, only Mordin could make devices something against them and I doubt that Alliance would have given all of their soldiers these devices). But yep,building a human reaper seems pointless to me.

ME3 can be illogical sometimes(like how the hell Turian ships hold Reapers for days?! All it takes is a single ship and it will destroy all turian flee in no time because nothing can hurt it - at least before Battle for earth I didn't see a singe Reaper ship taken down. Ok, if they have no magic shields like Sovereign. Hardbringer do - at least show trhem or tell us, show us that they are not invincible but narration avoids that).

And what I didn't like in ME3 - there are a lot of enimies on screen and they all are generic. When you kill identical NPC for a 100th time, it becomes boring. In ME2 I had fun playing Vanguars (that feeling when you're playing on Insane and rushing to the enemy and shoot him at point blank range,). Here even on insane difficulty most of the enemies have no shieds(too many of them) and I don't feel the impact from the shotgun. in ME2 mercs had some kind of personality - they were not too many of them and they talked so I felt each of them. In ME3 there is only  Liu Kang with the sword and he's not really interesting.

Nah, I still think the whole collector-story-arc lead nowhere and should have been skipped alltogether. ME2 should have been the build-up for war, half of what happened in ME3 taken out and put into ME2, and expand on those ideas/stories, rather than fill both games up with pointless plots, chars and enemies that lead to nowhere...

I agree that the Turians etc never really stood a chance against even a portion of the Reaper-Fleet. But thatS' again ME2's fault. If that game had been about upgrading the fleets, preparing for war etc it would have made an actual prolonged war against the Reapers in part 3 more believable ...

Oh and as you mention Harbinger...I mean why in all hells do you "introduce" some kind of new adversary that goes on our nerves during every battle .. and than he never plays any important role again? Yeah, Reapers are a collective and Harby not their king. But again bad planning and writing: They realized too late they NEED some kind of villain in ME3 ... the Illusive Man and his emo-assassin of course are used for this, but they are NOT the main enemy, its the FUCKING REAPERS! And they don't have any spokesperson .. until Starchild gets shoehorned in at last minute ...

Its one big facepalm. God knows writing is not easy. Not if you write alone for yourself, and surely not when EA is at your throat and demands deadlines and shows you demographics and excel-sheets about the typical gamers and their preferences etc...But really, if you want to make a coherent trilogy you have to stick to at least a basis: Beginning - middle- end, and how you get their. Details can be changed as you progress the story ... but the main arc should be there and act as the guideline from beginning to end...

And yeah, my butt hurts extremely ... because it makes me so angry that this amazing chance to create a great trilogy and universe was treated so badly, and they don't even acknowledge they screwed up... :@

2 was by far my least favourite of the trilogy. I agree it would have been better spent readying the galaxy for war and a death cliffhanger at the end would have been awesome. Don't get me started you never see Harbinger again.

My main problem with 3 wasn't the end, or the various endings, but the execution of it. I'll refrain from rambling about it as I've already writen at length on the subject, butI am quite glad they have decided to move on from Shephard and will do something new. It's going to be hard to top Reapers and cycles of extinctions spanning a billion years though.

Oh, that and I hope they never *ever* EVER make any reference to Tali's face whatsoever. 

*raises hand*

Okay, i wasn't going to post here because of mass effect hate, but now i need to know because google of course isn't going anywhere with me.

So only IT can save him. And Bioware rejected IT. So I think he dies anyway(unless someone tells me how he woke up on earth after CItadel blew up)

This is one of those fuel to the IT fire gibberish moments, really.

WTF is IT>?!!?!?!?!!?!?!

and yeah didn't they already say sheps dead anyway? i'm seeing most posts are either "EA sucks" or "Maybe shepards alive!?".

1: Mass Effect topic. EA sucks, page long rants not related to Mass effect 4

2: Sheps dead, baby.

Oh, that and I hope they never *ever* EVER make any reference to Tali's face whatsoever. 

With the pictures i've seen with other peoples interpretation of it, i second this.

The only way for me to be able to play a new Mass Effect game, is if they tear down anything related to the old games. And start completely fresh. I don't want to read or hear anything related from the old games. I don't want to see old names on weapons, ships, characters etc etc. But even then it might not work for me. The scar is still to strong.

Tbh, I don't give a flying fuck that my Shepard died. For me that is the ultimate thing you can do, save the galaxy, but the prize is death.

As @ChancellorKremlin wrote, it was the execution that made me fucking pissed. All that fucking hard work from ME1 to ME3 (with all the fucking money grabbing DLC's included) just to be greeted with an FUCK YOU! HAHAHAHA!!!

Bioware has to come up with something extremely good, in terms of writing if I am ever gonna even consider start trusting them again. My hope is all time low thou, due to EA.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

WTF is IT>?!!?!?!?!!?!?!

"Indoctrination theory." The thought that Shep was becoming indoctrinated and the entire starchild bit is really an internal battle against indoctrination.

No shit? That's actually what i was hoping for.

Alright yeah all they said was that sheps done, not dead. sorry about that, 'done' and 'dead' mean the same thing to me in that context.

But i'll agree with H3bunchofnumbers and kremlin, execution was bad, althuogh i was awesome enough to skip the DLCs cause i knew they were garbage anyway. but all that work, man! i played 1 three times and i lost count of how many times i played 2. the ending just felt... mellow after that. not 'fuck you' mellow (and am i the only one that thinks the EC just made the ending worse? at least i know that my guys abandoned me in our finest hour.) but it just had a 'not thuoght out mellow' kind of feeling, you know?

Archived