Tale of Two Wastelands forum

Thasic

Would it be possible for the Powers That Be to create a unique forum page in the Fallout area for mods, ideas, rantings concerning Tale of Two Wastelands? It's a bit new but really seems to be catching on. There are a number of threads on LL concerning the mod but they're hard for TTW users like me to locate. One common area would be most appreciated.

Anyone else agree? 

I think there are only a couple of TTW-specific mods on here (correct me if I'm wrong) and that's hardly any justification for a new subsection. If there were a greater selection of mods and a great deal more discussion threads, I'm sure Ashal would create a new subforum (like he did with the HDT subforum for Skyrim recently).

Unfortunately not everyone is using the tag system, which would make finding existing TTW threads easier among the FNV content.

I think TTW is actually a special niche, kinda like SexOut.  I'm working on a mod now that will be TTW compatible.  I'm duplicating files paths to match what they used in their BSA.  But I think TTW is a mod specific system and not everyone uses it.  I see no real point in having a new TTW section with less than 10 mods in it. Just my opinion.  And I agree about the tag situation.  I'm tagging all of my uploads and when I check the tags...mine is the only upload listed!

Guest endgameaddiction

Truth is, if there is no section, there's no motivation. There won't be a section and there won't be enough motivation to have a section created. Everything will remain scatted with FO3 FNV and TTW.

• 3 weeks later...

I think TTW is actually a special niche, kinda like SexOut.  I'm working on a mod now that will be TTW compatible.  I'm duplicating files paths to match what they used in their BSA.  But I think TTW is a mod specific system and not everyone uses it.  I see no real point in having a new TTW section with less than 10 mods in it. Just my opinion.  And I agree about the tag situation.  I'm tagging all of my uploads and when I check the tags...mine is the only upload listed!

Thats great news. Since TTW runs so damn smooth these days(not one crash yet) this is the only way to play the game imho.

Since I installed TTW I haven't had the CTDs I used to get with NV only.  I like TTW and I rarely go to the NV side of things.  I have the DC Wasteland and all of the FO3 dlcs with the NV weapons and armor system.  WHY would I go back to the Mojave?  Every once in a while I'll go to Gun Runners to buy gear...that's about it though.

If you do get FO3 specificallly to use with TTW I suggest getting it and all of the DLCs from Steam.  The TTW platform runs better with those versus the GOTY disc for FO3.

Guest endgameaddiction

I was the same way. I do have to admit that having TTW installed made FO3 look much better on NV's engine. Only thing that I miss about TTW. It was unstable for me. I removed it a second time when I was never able to go from the city ruins to Freeside. Perhaps I will try it again when it's close to completion. But the fact of having to use FNV's GECK is dishearting. that GECK hates me. So to ever mod for that game again. won't happen.

I'm sure the devs might work around with a translated version once it's reached it's final stage. Unless they find someone who's willing to do it. I want to say that a translated version is close to a no, but TTW is a big conversion and worth translating the whole thing, so I am sure some people out there (if not them) would do it eventually.

Archived