Kingslayer101 Posted September 8 Posted September 8 Quick question. I'm cleaning up my modlist and going to do a new save which means building alot of things over again... is there going to be an update soon? Dont want to go do all the effort and find that there's a new update 😂
HereBeTentacles Posted September 8 Author Posted September 8 1 hour ago, Kingslayer101 said: Quick question. I'm cleaning up my modlist and going to do a new save which means building alot of things over again... is there going to be an update soon? Dont want to go do all the effort and find that there's a new update 😂 Next update probably wont be for another month or two if I had to guess. I have finished most of the bugfixes and flavor stuff talked about here but haven't really started on the next few tasks/quests yet. You can probably still install now if you want to use the mod though. There is an update button that will update the mod on an ongoing save and outside of that the only other thing you might have to do is install the leash framework mod and regenerate your LODs if you generate custom ones. 2
Zi3g Posted September 11 Posted September 11 Ngl as great as the last update was, I have a feeling this next one is going to be epic with everything you've been teasing so far. I get giddy every time an LL notification pops up haha. Also I had mentioned awhile ago about the mail bag not appearing on my character when equipped and after doing some research I found the cause was due to me switching to the custom Snow Elf race from the Ancient Falmer mod. To fix this, I changed the RNAM - Race record of the bag under Armor and Armor Addon to DefaultRace (I think it was originally set to Argonian) in SSEEdit and now the bag is visible! Just thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to change it for the next release. Of course after I'd spent a long time making sure everything else was compatible with Snow Elves, I happened to stumble across the Daedra Seducers Redeux race mod and now my Dragonborn is a human/succubus that can fly all over Tamriel with the click of a button. Modded Skyrim is truly a blessing and a curse for someone like me lol.
HereBeTentacles Posted September 12 Author Posted September 12 3 hours ago, Zi3g said: Also I had mentioned awhile ago about the mail bag not appearing on my character when equipped and after doing some research I found the cause was due to me switching to the custom Snow Elf race from the Ancient Falmer mod. To fix this, I changed the RNAM - Race record of the bag under Armor and Armor Addon to DefaultRace (I think it was originally set to Argonian) in SSEEdit and now the bag is visible! Just thought I'd mention it in case you wanted to change it for the next release. That would explain it, not entirely sure how custom races work with armor items but I used whatever the default was which probably doesn't include snow elves as valid races. 3 hours ago, Zi3g said: Ngl as great as the last update was, I have a feeling this next one is going to be epic with everything you've been teasing so far. I get giddy every time an LL notification pops up haha. Not sure if they are what you are referring to but I posted some progress updates and images in the DDNG thread for the mod. Here is another one, made a new cart for use in future quests: Spoiler 1
Tobitup Posted September 12 Posted September 12 6 hours ago, HereBeTentacles said: That would explain it, not entirely sure how custom races work with armor items but I used whatever the default was which probably doesn't include snow elves as valid races. Not sure if they are what you are referring to but I posted some progress updates and images in the DDNG thread for the mod. Here is another one, made a new cart for use in future quests: Hide contents Feels like you just casually killed SLUTS mod 1
HereBeTentacles Posted September 12 Author Posted September 12 (edited) 14 hours ago, Tobitup said: Feels like you just casually killed SLUTS mod I don't think my mod really does the same thing as SLUTS so I wouldn't say it killed it or replaced it. Plus I currently can't get NPCs so sit on the cart without it launching into space half the time so still have to work on making it behave properly before that gets in. Edited September 12 by HereBeTentacles 1
isee Posted September 12 Posted September 12 27 minutes ago, HereBeTentacles said: I don't think my mod really does the same thing as SLUTS so I wouldn't say it killed it or replaced it. Plus I currently can't get NPCs so sit on the cart without it launching into space half the time so still have to work on making it behave properly before that gets in. Sounds like it's some sort of frame rate problem, given that's usually the cause of wacky physics in Skyrim. Either that or some really niche collision detection issue when the actor is being attached to the cart. If I remember correctly back in the day the vanilla carriages would occasionally have this problem when you tried to use them for fast travel, 'climbing onto' the carriage would cause havok to freak out. Hopefully it didn't work perfectly fine the first time and give you a false sense of security. : P
sigmalicious Posted September 12 Posted September 12 Loving the introduction to this mod so far but seem to have come across a bug, not entirely sure if its a problem with my modlist or what but once ive waited and been summoned back to the ranch for the first day in the stable, after talking to renna to get the tack she calls for roselle to come and help and for some reason roselle just refuses to come over, she sometimes walks past but never stops to actually interact so im just stuck staring at renna waiting for roselle. Once again not sure if its a problem with my modlist but some help would be appreciated
HereBeTentacles Posted September 12 Author Posted September 12 18 minutes ago, sigmalicious said: Loving the introduction to this mod so far but seem to have come across a bug, not entirely sure if its a problem with my modlist or what but once ive waited and been summoned back to the ranch for the first day in the stable, after talking to renna to get the tack she calls for roselle to come and help and for some reason roselle just refuses to come over, she sometimes walks past but never stops to actually interact so im just stuck staring at renna waiting for roselle. Once again not sure if its a problem with my modlist but some help would be appreciated That is a known problem with that scene that only happens to some people that I wasn't able to reproduce/figure out for a while. It should be fixed in the next version but for now you'll either have to use one of the skip options in the MCM or wait. The skip and enslave option will bring you to the end of that quest, so you won't miss too much.
sigmalicious Posted September 12 Posted September 12 Ah thank you for the quick reply! was getting nervous that i might have broken something :c
DonQuiWho Posted September 13 Posted September 13 12 hours ago, HereBeTentacles said: I don't think my mod really does the same thing as SLUTS so I wouldn't say it killed it or replaced it. Plus I currently can't get NPCs so sit on the cart without it launching into space half the time so still have to work on making it behave properly before that gets in. Don't know if it will help, but as long as you drive carefully - think on taking your Gran out for the afternoon - this one is fairly stable. DQW
HereBeTentacles Posted September 13 Author Posted September 13 10 hours ago, DonQuiWho said: Don't know if it will help, but as long as you drive carefully - think on taking your Gran out for the afternoon - this one is fairly stable. DQW It was moreso attaching an NPC to the driver's seat that was making them freak out, not so much the driving around. I think I figured it out though, seems like as long as they aren't moving when you attach them it works alot better. 1
sinfullsinfull Posted September 14 Posted September 14 On 9/13/2026 at 2:38 AM, HereBeTentacles said: That is a known problem with that scene that only happens to some people that I wasn't able to reproduce/figure out for a while Sounds similar to mine bug I had. I created NPC with simple patrol and one time he started to run instead of walking and was doing it way beyond his patrol points. So I thought it is because the points were next to a wall and the package radius was big enough to choose a point into the wall or maybe because there was no navmesh around the wall too. So I reduced the radius and he started to behave as expected
HereBeTentacles Posted September 15 Author Posted September 15 21 hours ago, sinfullsinfull said: Sounds similar to mine bug I had. I created NPC with simple patrol and one time he started to run instead of walking and was doing it way beyond his patrol points. So I thought it is because the points were next to a wall and the package radius was big enough to choose a point into the wall or maybe because there was no navmesh around the wall too. So I reduced the radius and he started to behave as expected I tried that along with moving the markers and navmesh around, as well as remaking the scene from scratch and nothing seemed to work. I fixed it by just adding a timer that skips tbe broken part of the scene if it takes too long.
Hellethia_ Posted September 24 Posted September 24 Hello ! I decided to do a rerun from scratch of your mod, but i'm running on troubles from start quest. After i get to the cottage to get some rest, i slept the equivalent of 2 weeks in the bed, and the quest is not progressing. I can't talk to any of the residents in the ranch. Could you help me please ? Maybe i can use a SetStage on the quest to go further but i don't know the quest ID or the stage. It's strange because i didn't have the hay sleeping issue on the past run. Thank you !
HereBeTentacles Posted September 24 Author Posted September 24 (edited) 5 hours ago, Hellethia_ said: Hello ! I decided to do a rerun from scratch of your mod, but i'm running on troubles from start quest. After i get to the cottage to get some rest, i slept the equivalent of 2 weeks in the bed, and the quest is not progressing. I can't talk to any of the residents in the ranch. Could you help me please ? Maybe i can use a SetStage on the quest to go further but i don't know the quest ID or the stage. It's strange because i didn't have the hay sleeping issue on the past run. Thank you ! Strange. Can you type "sqs zzranchintroquest" and "sqv zzranchintroquest" and show me what both commands say? Since you're right at where that quest would end anyway I think to fix it you can just stop the quest by typing "stopquest zzranchintroquest" and then "startquest zzranchintroductionsquest" to start the next one. Edited September 24 by HereBeTentacles
Hellethia_ Posted September 25 Posted September 25 17 hours ago, HereBeTentacles said: Strange. Can you type "sqs zzranchintroquest" and "sqv zzranchintroquest" and show me what both commands say? Since you're right at where that quest would end anyway I think to fix it you can just stop the quest by typing "stopquest zzranchintroquest" and then "startquest zzranchintroductionsquest" to start the next one. Thank you so much for your quick answer ! Here are the screenshots of the results of the commands you asked me Spoiler I hope it will help you ! I keep a save at that timeline just in case, and don't hesitate to ask me if you want me to test things for you ❤️
Hellethia_ Posted September 25 Posted September 25 Hello again ! Okay i found the issue: Go To Bed mod is actually the problem. I had the same issue in my earlier post in the following quest when you had to take rest and think. So i thought it could be an activator during sleep and it was the only mod i was using that is altering sleep. I remember that you fixed a similar issue a long time ago in the cell on the hay, but you fixed it and it worked well for me. But maybe that same fix should be applied for those 2 sleeps during the intro quest too ? When i removed the Go To Sleep mod, i actually got undressed during my sleep, i don't know if it is your activator or not, but my clothes are not removed with Go To Bed. Don't bother to update your mod just for this, or everybody will hop in like "Leash update ? Leash update ? Leash update ?" 😁
HereBeTentacles Posted September 25 Author Posted September 25 1 hour ago, Hellethia_ said: I remember that you fixed a similar issue a long time ago in the cell on the hay, but you fixed it and it worked well for me. But maybe that same fix should be applied for those 2 sleeps during the intro quest too ? The bed used in the house is a completely normal vanilla bed so I don't think that it is the same problem as before. I use Go To Bed as well and I don't think I have noticed any breaking issues with it. One thing I have noticed with it is that if you press sleep button before the animation from Go To Bed finishes it will bring up the wait menu instead of the sleep menu, which can cause problems for things you need to sleep for. Maybe check and see if that is the cause of the issue? Otherwise I am not sure. I don't see anything wrong in the screenshot. The only thing I can think of other than the Go To Bed issue is maybe somehow Go To Bed affects register for sleep in some weird way, or maybe the register for sleep got lost somehow.
BaconManOfDoom Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago Location for the main door seems to conflict with a cave added with Vicn's Glenmoril
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now