anyone know why my downloads are failing ?

De1974

I don't think there's anything wrong. But who knows? :D

Is the download being interrupted? Is it corrupted?

If it's being interrupted then first be sure to make certain it's nothing at your end causing it to stop. Could other be watching TV or downloading other data/media? Is your 'net signal to your computer weak (loose wire or too far from the modem/router)?

If the downloads are coming through and not in OK condition afterward, then what program are you unzipping them with? I prefer to use 7Zip since it opens all these files just fine and is free (with zero bugs or glitches).

I have the same problem since ... Today.

My connection is very stable, i only make one download at a time, and as of now i am the only one using my connection, i have no triple play option (so no Voip and no TV on my ADSL line)

Download usually interupt itself in between 1 and 10 Mb

Tried with DownThemAll (download won't start)

Firefox Minimum 1 Mb Maximum 10 Mb.

Google Chrome Maximum 1Mb.

I download from anywhere else with absolutely no problem (beside a download capped a 120kb/s), a 60 mb download like Sexlab should be done in 8 minute with my bandwich, and my connection is stable enough to actually make a 2Gb download download overnight without a download manager (i have done it multiple times).

So as far as i can tell, it happens only on loverlab, and only recently.

As a network admin i believe i have done everything i could do on my end of the line.

Archived