Suggestion...
need  another submenu based on location!
body   choice is not enough since it has
- righ arm

- left arm

-both arms

-belly

-pubic

-ass

- trampstamp

- upper back

-lower back

- right leg top

- right leg ankle

- left leg up

- left leg ankle

- right breast

- left breast

- both breasts.

- full body

that is 20 dds files   will show in menu after you choose body/animals!
all  wolf  , then another 20 choices for bear then another 20 for lion  then another 20 for tiger then another 20 for spider then another 20  ...  get the idea ?????? this menu would be unusable!

changing the .json format to add "boydypart"  or" final target location "in each line would allow your mcm menu to have a 3rd drop down menu after you choose the catgeory in the face/body/feet branch!   in that submenu after you choose your raget location then  it will be as many choices as there are animals in that pack! usable even if there are 20 of them!

:)

That's more or less what I used to do. Now, I think it's better to just add more sections. So, instead of calling it "Animals", if it becomes a problem the thing to do is make a section called "Wolf", and a section called "Lion", etc.

That said, feel free to add a "location" tag to your json files. The MCM doesn't use it, but if it starts looking like the way to go, it can. Until then, it doesn't hurt to have the extra information there.

That's more or less what I used to do. Now, I think it's better to just add more sections. So, instead of calling it "Animals", if it becomes a problem the thing to do is make a section called "Wolf", and a section called "Lion", etc.

That said, feel free to add a "location" tag to your json files. The MCM doesn't use it, but if it starts looking like the way to go, it can. Until then, it doesn't hurt to have the extra information there.

Fair  enough!

Fair  enough!

check this out as a template  ...  2 hidden variables "parent" and "location"

parent is the name of the real section and pack and files folder

location is is sub target area!

did the renaming as pack(section)_subsection(example wolf or in this case skull)

this would be in "symbols" pack or section  .. skull subsection ..   shortcuts used in body only!

only subsection appears in body menu! but still  my stuff alone would probably use 30 slots in body! 

see if this is ok before I do the rest !

AND IF ANY USER WANTS MORE LOCATIONS LET ME KNOW THIS IS A TEMPLATE!

Symbols_Skull_basic_pack.rar

Two mods I know use your API:

Quick as You Like

Dibellan Defender

For Dibellan Defender it requires 5 body slots and one face slot to be effective.

Quick as You Like's latest version force installs 5 body slots, removing the effects of Dibellan Defender completely.

A small request - could the three of you get together and discuss the etiquette of sharing?

It's not a life threatening issue.

Just the more mods that start using your API, the more confusing/disruptive it will get.

Thanks  :dodgy:

Two mods I know use your API:

Quick as You Like

Dibellan Defender

For Dibellan Defender it requires 5 body slots and one face slot to be effective.

Quick as You Like's latest version force installs 5 body slots, removing the effects of Dibellan Defender completely.

A small request - could the three of you get together and discuss the etiquette of sharing?

Just the more mods that start using your API, the more confusing/disruptive it will get.

Thanks  :dodgy:

I am the Dibellan Defender person :) and I've been chatting with DocClox, so as far as that goes, we're covered.

As to the etiquette... to me, it seems about right currently. When QAYL applies tattoos, it's involuntary. If those rats tattoo over your holy Dibellan markings, you'd expect to lose their power. When you have a chance to replace them, the power comes back.

QAYL locks its tattoos on, so you can't just remove them through the SlaveTats menu, which is fine. That's what the locking option is for, but if it doesn't supply a way of removing the tattoos eventually, I'd call that a problem that needs to be addressed.

I might add a "remove tattoos" service to one of the alteration or restoration mages, if this becomes a larger problem.

Will this work if I use Enhanced Character Edit? Or if I used both Racemenu 2 and ECE? The SlaveTat option greys out for me when I try to use it

It should work eith ECE if you have NetImmerse Override installed. I don't use that combination myself, but others do.

Yeah, I am a bit greedy with the slots. I could trim it back to three, if I use combination tats for the backside. So "Team Bitch" would always get the Blue Rosette and #1 for instance. I'm a bit reluctant to do that since it lessens pressure on the PC to find solvent.

I can increase the solvent supply in game. That's intended to be the major factor controlling how hard these things are to remove, and I can (and was intending to) restore pre-existing tats after the QAYL ones are removed. But it's like murfk says - these are bad, bad people and being nice about it wouldn't have the same kick.

I'm not too worried. The DD mods get along nicely enough. We should be able to as well.

I am the Dibellan Defender person :) and I've been chatting with DocClox, so as far as that goes, we're covered.

QAYL locks its tattoos on, so you can't just remove them through the SlaveTats menu, which is fine. That's what the locking option is for, but if it doesn't supply a way of removing the tattoos eventually, I'd call that a problem that needs to be addressed.

I might add a "remove tattoos" service to one of the alteration or restoration mages, if this becomes a larger problem.

The latest version has a bottle of solvent in the chest at the end. Players from console-adding as many as they like and, once I get the quest finished, there'll be bottles turn up in alchemist inventories and dungeon loot. There is one, (the daedric "meat-stamp") that won't remove with the solvent, but that's going to be the focus of another quest and ... well, I have plans :)

I think the best approach is to address problems if and when they arise. I mean there may not be any :)

I think the best approach is to address problems if and when they arise. I mean there may not be any :)

Agreed. My only concern is that mods that use the locking feature also provide a way to unlock and remove the tattoos. It doesn't have to be easy.

Restoring previous tattoos is a nice feature, but not critical as I see it.

Anyone want to do their own Tattoo pack?

Never mastered a crayon, though?

Look what I found:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41652/?

Has runes, maori, tribal, dragons, kanji, bdsm, etc

Author provided as a resource FOR modders, so will be no permissions issues, other than a message there.

I remembered these from Fallout 3 days, just now and thought I'd share.

I use Paint.net with .XCF plugin and .DDS plugin from Nvidia developer site - all free.

@murfk:  Can your system be modified to accept two .dds files per slot - texture file and normal? 

On a different note, I have a couple of imperial dragon and stormcloak bear vectors just begging to be turned into tats.

I'm thinking cheek brands, suitable for marking fighters captured in the civil war. If I get time tonight I'll make a pack and post them

@murfk:  Can your system be modified to accept two .dds files per slot - texture file and normal? 

I've already set aside the "bump" attribute of tattoos for this purpose, but I haven't been able to figure out how to apply them yet. Still, if you have a normal map for a tattoo, please do add it to the bump attribute.

Anyone want to do their own Tattoo pack?

Never mastered a crayon, though?

Look what I found:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/41652/?

Has runes, maori, tribal, dragons, kanji, bdsm, etc

Author provided as a resource FOR modders, so will be no permissions issues, other than a message there.

I remembered these from Fallout 3 days, just now and thought I'd share.

I use Paint.net with .XCF plugin and .DDS plugin from Nvidia developer site - all free.

That mod is the source of about 70 % of what I am uploading here  :)

along with some other also shared sources!

I will   make the pack structure agreeable with  mod organizers ( not include /data)

but  this way it will not include a key photo of the TAT!  , perhaps also a note pointing to original graphic designer!

how are you going to display that photo for downloaders ??? this download page here does not allow that???

ok here is first symbol pack!

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Symbols_Skull_basic_pack.rar

post-19877-0-04245400-1406902908_thumb.png