IGNORED

Cool sims hair pack

Ryanhabs

For those that don't browse nexus for files. Better hair is starting to roll in.

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3809

This is the coolsims hair pack. I'll try to load it an post some screenies later.

Edit: Ok so calling it a "pack" at this time is a bit over zealous, there is only 1 hair in the pack so far but it looks better than the stock ones. I'm under the impression there will be more to come.

Here is a front and back screenie for y'all.

PyMTx.jpg

96Uom.jpg

It's a start at least. The vanilla hairs are killing me anymore. Even more so now that I can get my characters to look very smooth and clean, and they have this greasy, rat's nest for hair... He mentioned about fixing the current issues and adding more hair styles in the comments section so I have my fingers crossed.

It's a start at least. The vanilla hairs are killing me anymore. Even more so now that I can get my characters to look very smooth and clean' date=' and they have this greasy, rat's nest for hair... He mentioned about fixing the current issues and adding more hair styles in the comments section so I have my fingers crossed.

[/quote']

Nice find! I can't wait for all the custom hairs!! It's fairly easy to port at least SOME working Fallout era hairs into blender and simply rotate them to match Skyrim hairs. Some adjustments for clipping and taste perhaps, and a little texture edits for transparency issues, and things should just be breezy!

here is a saram hair I have added, virtually with zero tweaks, aside from repositioning. I also found it is super easy to chop the default hairs up and move or add pieces around (like braids). Of note is the Argonian's who have horns on the brow sliders and Khajiit who have earrings on the hair sliders. These items coul dbe imported and merged with existing hairstyles for truly wicked combos!

hairtest.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

note the transparency issues in certain lighting/angles

Yep, but it was worth being said imo for those waiting for something more complete.

But even as it is it's already faaaaaaar better than the vanilla's one xD

Actually the best would be to find a way to automaticly convert all the best TES4 hair meshes to Skyrim. From what I've seen the gap (for the graphics) between those 2 isn't as big as it was between Morro and Obli.

But w8&see, sure we'll get some awesomesauceness in the next months.

@AboveWolf would you happen to have a tutorial or a link to a tutorial + the set of tools needed? I'm assuming just the vanilla Nifskope and blender won't cut it?

Actually' date=' the latest nifskope and blender are all you need, as well as the fallout 3 custom hairs. They import straight into blender, but not all export well. I tried one of fallen's just now, but it won't show up. Notice the 'hairline' mesh from Skyrim is still a decent hair from the front!

dragonborn.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's the same process as bodies and armors. I just opened the default hair I wanted to replace (long in this case) and changed the exported one's dismember values to match, left the nitrishape alone, copied the lightingshader+texture path, changed texture files, copied alpha (linking them in properties of course!) those are the final steps, all the intial work is pretty much the same. :)

So after hearing all the fears from the Nexus, I sucked it up and tried using these hairs and they're fucking fantastic! I don't know what those people on the Nexus were bitching about. I don't see any bald spots, and yes, the hair is shiny, but big whoop, it's "anime hair!" Of course it's supposed to be!

I think this is a fantastic hair mod and should be in everyone's collection, unless they don't like anime hair.

This seems like a good thread to ask it in. I asked on the nexus but did not get a response.

Anyone know if it would be possible to give your character's hair any type of movement. like if you walk forward it will flow behind you.

I found it annoying in oblivion how some hairs would go right through your armor, body.

Evilokami, I suggest sending "Ghogiel" a message and asking him. He is a really cool guy who seems to know everything about meshes.

In my uneducated opinion would have to say yes it is possible. Oblivion hairs were for whatever reason impossible to be weighted, only clothes or wigs could have weights. In Skyrim though hairs are weighted so I presume you could attach it to a bone in a custom skeleton or something like that, I barely know what I'm talking about but I think that's correct :)

This seems like a good thread to ask it in. I asked on the nexus but did not get a response.

Anyone know if it would be possible to give your character's hair any type of movement. like if you walk forward it will flow behind you.

I found it annoying in oblivion how some hairs would go right through your armor' date=' body.

[/quote']

It could probably be done now by weighting the hairs to one of the skirt bones. For quality though you would probably want to make a new bone plus new animations for it

Archived