[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

new to outfit studio(and pretty much conversions overall) so far some of the conversions work just as planned, but is it normal for some equipment to open up normally in NIFScope, but when opening up in outfit studio, the body included with the armor stays the same, but the armor itself is offset below the body and shrunk heavily (like 1/50th size or something)

Normal for OS yes, not normal in general. The armors have been exported with wrecked skin transforms by the author.

All you can do for now is to scale/move them back manually in OS with the "Shape -> xxxx Shape" operations or fix the transforms in another program first.

I've been away from skyrim for awhile, but I'm trying to get back into armor conversions. I've updated my bodyslide and ref skeleton. I noticed the HDT body is no longer being developed and I still prefer to use it instead of reweighting all of my old conversions for a new body :( when I tried to do a conversion using the HDT body as a reference, the shape data nif file doesn't have HDTbody bone locations. So it looks fine in OS, but in game the mesh gets stretched away from the breast. Which version of the extended skeleton do I need for the right bone placements?

Thank you all for these wonderful toys to play with!

I've been away from skyrim for awhile, but I'm trying to get back into armor conversions. I've updated my bodyslide and ref skeleton. I noticed the HDT body is no longer being developed and I still prefer to use it instead of reweighting all of my old conversions for a new body :( when I tried to do a conversion using the HDT body as a reference, the shape data nif file doesn't have HDTbody bone locations. So it looks fine in OS, but in game the mesh gets stretched away from the breast. Which version of the extended skeleton do I need for the right bone placements?

Thank you all for these wonderful toys to play with!

You will have to switch to another HDT body and the (one of the) latest XPMS Extended skeletons. Neither "HDT Body" nor the skeleton it used are supported (or available) anymore.

Thank you, Cell. I was afraid of that. Any recommendations that have close bodyweights or am I going to have to start all over? At least Meshrigger will help with the reweighting :(

edit: doh! in all my wisdom in my effort to keep my HDT body on the reinstall I didnt over write my old config file with the bodyslide update. While going through the new config file I saw a cbbe HDT body and loaded up that nif. So, originally I was hoping to pick your brain for a body and now I see your brain has already put it on my hard drive! I'm sorry for my ignorance and once again, sincerely, thank you, Cell. 

A question and a comment:

Q: Is there a quick way to do many conversions at once?  I'm doing NEO's Oriental dresses to my bodyslide slider set and although the tweaks are very easy, I'd like to know if there's an even faster way.  I noticed that I saved a bunch of things along with the actual .nif so I'd think there's some way to exploit that.

C: I'm not sure how others feel about this, but I would appreciate it if the steps were accompanied by an explanation as to why we were doing it.  Some of them are fairly straight forward, but other steps seem redundant without an explanation (like loading up a CBBE body initially and then loading the same body as a reference later in Guide 1).  Either way, it might help with troubleshooting if the uninitiated, like myself, have a better understanding of what's actually going on.

When I try to open it with Nifskope I get this:

""device position incorrect after block number 141 (NiNode) at 0x14f58f ended at 0x14f593 (expected 0x14f5df)""

"failed to load file footer"

""infinite recursive link construct detected 8 -> 0""

"failed to load nif from 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/skyrim/Data/meshes/Jacksh/KasumiNinja/DOA5/cuirass_0.nif'"

Unknown property: "NiNode"

Error: 48407 invalid index(es) in block # 9 NiTriShapeData.Triangles

""device position incorrect after block number 3 (NiSkinInstance) at 0xd4bd ended at 0xd521 (expected 0xd51d)""

You know, there's a really good reason why I numbered my guides.

Read Guide 0.

I have the same error but my NIFSkope just doesn't load further to do that you said to do. It just get's stuck on the loading screen and then "The program has stopped working" pops up.

Just started using outfit sutdio managed to follow all your steps, and when I equip the armour in game the armour shows fine but the skin texture isnt showing its just transparent any ideas?

What kind of use did you make of Outfit Studio? Does the body still appear in NifSkope/OS after you load in the exported NIF?

Just started using outfit sutdio managed to follow all your steps, and when I equip the armour in game the armour shows fine but the skin texture isnt showing its just transparent any ideas?

What kind of use did you make of Outfit Studio? Does the body still appear in NifSkope/OS after you load in the exported NIF?

yes the nif shows up properly in nifscope body and all

did the steps starting with 0, done a standard non-hdt armour for first time.

i will load up some pics as soon as i get home :)

""device position incorrect after block number 141 (NiNode) at 0x14f58f ended at 0x14f593 (expected 0x14f5df)""

"failed to load file footer"

""infinite recursive link construct detected 8 -> 0""

"failed to load nif from 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/skyrim/Data/meshes/Jacksh/KasumiNinja/DOA5/cuirass_0.nif'"

Unknown property: "NiNode"

Error: 48407 invalid index(es) in block # 9 NiTriShapeData.Triangles

""device position incorrect after block number 3 (NiSkinInstance) at 0xd4bd ended at 0xd521 (expected 0xd51d)""

You know, there's a really good reason why I numbered my guides.

Read Guide 0.

I have the same error but my NIFSkope just doesn't load further to do that you said to do. It just get's stuck on the loading screen and then "The program has stopped working" pops up.

Bump.

ah i found out what was the problem, the body was still set as BSDismemberSkinInstance so I changed it to NiSkinInstance and BAM, everything is working the way it should.

Thanks for your reply, made me check over the branches while getting to take a photo :)

Hello Im trying to get an armor to scale with a pregnant belly to go along with the being female mod. I'm a complete noob when it comes to the whole armor conversions thing but I eventually... got the armor to scale correctly, it no longer crashes and doesnt clip through(well not that much that fixable)..but im getting texture flickering on my pc's skin. The armor in question im using is the hunting grounds outfit and the body im using is sevenbase. i saw a tutorial on how to get a armor to scale with a pregnant body but the thread is dead and I dont think im gonna get a response so I'm hoping someone here could help me. :P

edit:Well I managed to what I thought was solve the problem but I noticed that that the armor sometimes looks like its scaling but its not and results in a crash when equipping it.

So I have a question, would it be possible to use the mask tool (or if there is a variable of this) to stop certain parts of a mesh from being affected by the Conform Sliders function?

Example; Armor piece with Pauldron/Shoulder plates, I would like the body piece to to be affected by the sliders only, while the pauldrons aren't.

This is easy enough to do with armors that are separated into parts, but most of the Vanilla ones are usually 1 mesh.

Any tips or advice?

I need some help badly, I have read several guides and spend way too many hours trying several methods to convert an armor from 7B to UNB slim.

The 7B armor is flawless with unp bodies, but it gives large breasts to slim bodies. Long story short this is what I did:

1. use Guide 3 (among many).

2. use an unp slim body as the base with the armor I want to modify.

3. deleted the original body from the armor

4. I did a variety of resized/decreased/moved the meshes to fit the new body during my various attempts.

5. exported the new .nif file

6. but when I run the game the armor is a polygon mess, and the torso wearing the armor is misaligned from the head and feet.

7. I even tried just replacing the body in the armor file (deleting the old body and just saving without touching the armor mesh), same polygon problem occurred.

It's quite obvious I'm doing something wrong, I just have no idea what it is.

**edit: I forgot to mention, if I open the modified .nif file with Nifskope, the armor and body seem fine, but the torso has no skin tone, both the armor and body are white for some reason.

So I have a question, would it be possible to use the mask tool (or if there is a variable of this) to stop certain parts of a mesh from being affected by the Conform Sliders function?

Example; Armor piece with Pauldron/Shoulder plates, I would like the body piece to to be affected by the sliders only, while the pauldrons aren't.

This is easy enough to do with armors that are separated into parts, but most of the Vanilla ones are usually 1 mesh.

Any tips or advice?

Yes, that should work. Or you conform and afterwards mask the parts that shouldn't be affected, invert the mask and clear the slider data (it will only clear the unmasked).

I was wondering if there was a way to delete a selected area of weight painting rather than taking out the entire bone. In some older editions of bodyslide I would delete the portion of the painting I didn't want by selecting the bone of the mesh and hitting Clear Mask under the Brush menu, painting with the Weight brush where I wanted to remove weight painting and hitting Undo to remove the portion I'd just painted but keep the rest of the bone weighting.

Either I'm missing something painfully obvious (not the first time in editing meshes and textures for me) when it comes to editing weight painting or that wasn't intended and was nixed when something got changed between my old bodyslide and the newer one.

I was wondering if there was a way to delete a selected area of weight painting rather than taking out the entire bone. In some older editions of bodyslide I would delete the portion of the painting I didn't want by selecting the bone of the mesh and hitting Clear Mask under the Brush menu, painting with the Weight brush where I wanted to remove weight painting and hitting Undo to remove the portion I'd just painted but keep the rest of the bone weighting.

Either I'm missing something painfully obvious (not the first time in editing meshes and textures for me) when it comes to editing weight painting or that wasn't intended and was nixed when something got changed between my old bodyslide and the newer one.

The "old" way you said you used never actually worked for you then. It was purely a bug that made the weighting invisible until you reselect the bone, even though it was still there (see changelog).

To do it properly, hold down the ALT key and paint to subtract.

hi cell,

I have a strange problem..

I'm trying to convert in bodyslide the new Devious Devices Meshes (by koffii) from DD:Asset V2.9.0.

..during the conversion of the restrictiveCollar_1.nif everything seems ok.. but in the game, the neck armor does not follow the movements of the head.

(I copied the bones from CBBE_HDT body reference)

xihB8vh.jpg

in the original meshes works fine, the head and the neck move together properly (but HDT breast clipping..)

RiDm10r.jpg

in nifskope both files look the same..

where am I doing wrong? (NPC Head bone problem?)

thanks

S.

hi cell,
I'm trying to convert in bodyslide the new Devious Devices Meshes (by koffii) from DD:Asset V2.9.0.

..during the conversion of the restrictiveCollar_1.nif everything seems ok.. but in the game, the neck armor does not follow the movements of the head.

xihB8vh.jpg

in the original meshes works fine, the head and the neck move together properly (but HDT breast clipping..)

RiDm10r.jpg

thanks

S.

no matter, I solved..
lacked Head weight painting on the neck.....

nope!
in bodyslide head painting bone appears to be correct.

xkrlxp5.jpg

but in-game does not work.. 
:(

hi cell,

xihB8vh.jpg

RiDm10r.jpg

thanks

S.

no matter, I solved..

nope!

xkrlxp5.jpg

That would have been my guess, too. If the weighting exists, it should in theory work just fine... and it doesn't look like the weighting is too weak either.

hi cell,

xihB8vh.jpg

RiDm10r.jpg

thanks

S.

no matter, I solved..

nope!

xkrlxp5.jpg

you can't have 100% of the weight with outfit, you must do that with 3dsmax.

hi cell,

xihB8vh.jpg

RiDm10r.jpg

thanks

S.

no matter, I solved..

nope!

xkrlxp5.jpg

you can't have 100% of the weight with outfit, you must do that with 3dsmax.

oh... I'm not very practical to 3ds max... it's currently difficult to learn, I don't have much time to spend actually. 

(and in general, I'm not very good in the 3D modeling.. I'm a noob)

..you know any tutorial?
I have 3dsmax 2014, it's right?