IGNORED

SkyEdit alpha release

Symon

Does it worry you that random people sitting in their own homes can produce this software for games they had no part in creating whereas the multimillionare corperation that created the game are taking 2 months to get their act together?

Good find sir! good find!

work for a few corporates and its easier to see the bigger picture.

no it does not worry me at all. remember Bethesda didn't have to create a moddable game for millions of hungry creative minds - they didn't have to, but they did and they are taking a very big load on.

plz dont take this message personally,i do understand your frustration :)

A heads up for those who haven't seen it yet:-

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:SkyEdit

Doubtless' date=' like Enchanted editor and Tes4Edit, this will become an essential tool. You can make some kinds of mod with it already while waiting for Beth to get round to releasing the CS for Skyrim.

Best of all, no Steam required.

[/quote']

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!!!! I made a post of That Skyedit Thing.

Does it worry you that random people sitting in their own homes can produce this software for games they had no part in creating whereas the multimillionare corperation that created the game are taking 2 months to get their act together?

Three possible reasons for this:

1.) I think Bethesda could trump this if they wanted to right now, but because they're a professional company, they have to release the construction kit when it's in a 100% quality state. That's not to say it will be without flaws, but it at least has to be in acceptable finished condition. SkyEdit does not need to abide by such standards.

2.) This is theory crafting I made a long time ago, but I believe the Creation Kit is basically already finished, but Bethesda is holding out on it until after Christmas to avoid any unnecessary backlash the Construction Kit may cause in regards to the nude modding community. This may seem like a moot point, since there are already nude mods, but with the CK, they would be more prevalent, and the CK will be Bethesda's way of indirectly endorsing such mods, even if the mods aren't their own creations. Due to Skyrim's much larger marketing campaign and increased brand awareness, Bethesda would be wise to take greater precautions in how people perceive their product. Bethesda doesn't want to deal with the "Hot Coffee" crap until they've made the bulk of the sales. Once the Christmas sales are finalized, Bethesda can finally say, "Fuck it, release the hounds."

3.) ^ And or they delayed the CK to work on implementing the crappy STEAM file sharing service we've been hearing so much about. SkyEdit doesn't have to worry about that.

2.) This is theory crafting I made a long time ago' date=' but I believe the Creation Kit is basically already finished, but Bethesda is holding out on it until after Christmas to avoid any unnecessary backlash the Construction Kit may cause in regards to the nude modding community. This may seem like a moot point, since there are already nude mods, but with the CK, they would be more prevalent, and the CK will be Bethesda's way of indirectly endorsing such mods, even if the mods aren't their own creations. Due to Skyrim's much larger marketing campaign and increased brand awareness, Bethesda would be wise to take greater precautions in how people perceive their product. Bethesda doesn't want to deal with the "Hot Coffee" crap until they've made the bulk of the sales. Once the Christmas sales are finalized, Bethesda can finally say, "Fuck it, release the hounds."

[/quote']

the ck isnt going to include a model editor. it doesnt affect nude mods in any way whatsoever. i dont know why everyone things modeling and texturing are somehow going to be revolutionized when the ck comes out. bethesda has never included a way to edit their models or textures and they are most likely not going to start now.

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!!!! I made a post of That Skyedit Thing.

I'm thinking my post was 48 hours before yours (unless dates are a bit squiffy round here) and quotes a site other than the Nexus that many people are banned from. (grin).

Three possible reasons for this:

1.) I think Bethesda could trump this if they wanted to right now' date=' but because they're a professional company, they have to release the construction kit when it's in a 100% quality state. That's not to say it will be without flaws, but it at least has to be in acceptable finished condition. SkyEdit does not need to abide by such standards.

[/quote']

You are familiar with Bethesda's "100% Quality" patches they release I assume? backwards flying dragons and such? Oblivions CK was a bit of a mess too or was it the GECK? or was it both? I really cant remember...

very true, 2pac4eva however ReMeDy "may" be meaning sex related quests.

and psst.. watch who you quote (unless thats the forum playing up :P)

deadmetal, it'll be here soon nuffins perfect in life. give em a break, patience is a virtue but i too would prefer it in a pill form or a drink :P

i'm sure the creation kit is pretty near, only another 5,492 save games, bat files, 256k textures resized to 4096, 1kb esp's, twisted crab mods and fart sounds to go. hehe :)

Archived