Is racemenu better than ECE

Is ECE better at making pretty ladies than RaceMenu/Chargen? No.

Is RaceMenu/Chargen better at making pretty ladies than ECE? No.

ECE is probably easier to use, though, as it seems to have chargen tri options with starting points in places that people probably already feel are pleasing to the eye, and then not moving the sliders too much. Seeing the same noses and eyes and stuff from user to user, and most of the chargen options to choose from have common shapes we all seem to like.

You have to be willing to make drastic steps and adjustments in both plugins, though. Racemenu moreso, as ECE I feel starts at more commonly pleasing shapes.

If you work at it enough you should be able to create similar likeness between both. I managed to do it when I made the jump back to Racemenu, although my character looks older and more mature(but that was probably due to just improving on face making, to finally have my character look even more to how I want).

Well after changing from ECE to Racemenu(CharGen+ECE morphs), I feel ECE is a lot easier to use and overall I spend less time making a character. Racemenu has more functions though, texture customisation...etc which is pretty cool. 

The latest ECE has a change log, something Racemenu lacks. It lets you undo/redo changes to your character which I think is very important to see the contrasting difference between tweaks. 

One question I have is whether the ECE tri mesh morph for Racemenu has the same quality as the original ECE morphs? 

I do agree with being able to make changes and if I don't like them being able to undo them. Basically what I gather from what everyone is saying that neither out does the other, but one is just easier and done has more options and it's really personal choice. Thanks for all the information. I'll just keep at it until I figure it out.

I do agree with being able to make changes and if I don't like them being able to undo them. Basically what I gather from what everyone is saying that neither out does the other, but one is just easier and done has more options and it's really personal choice. Thanks for all the information. I'll just keep at it until I figure it out.

ECE has the undo option, but you can't save until you're about to exit the menu. Racemenu you can save/load while you work.

If you're working on a face for awhile in ECE, it's best imo to finish during, and save, then reopen showracemenu and continue. Cause otherwise, it would suck to crash while working on a face for a long period of time.

I like the extra slider with RaceMenu. And the extra overlays kick butt, too. ECE seems easier to work with for the most part, though.

The best of both worlds is RaceMenu with the morphs from ECE added! This way you don't have to pick just one and I've had issues when I've had both installed. There are CharGen addons for RaceMenu that make this all possible, though, and no crashes or other issues.

I prefer ECE over racemenu, had to leave LoverGirl race behind and go with Lunari as ECE supports it but not lovergirl, either way it depends on what you want, I prefer ECE with the 2x 2x sliders when you install, just wish the 2 were compatible with each other to the point they worked along side each other..Plus with ECE I have made some very pretty girls for my game....

I honestly don't see the reason to use RaceMenu for "fine tuning" since ECE got the Vertex Edit feature.

Yep i feel the same way. Since vertex edit came out i can fine tune the sharp edges under the chin and pretty much anywhere on the face. 

But expired6978 has said that he/she wanted to merge ECE into racemenu or vice versa. Now if both expired6978 & tktk1 could collaborate and do that it would be the best of both worlds.

I honestly don't see the reason to use RaceMenu for "fine tuning" since ECE got the Vertex Edit feature.

Yep i feel the same way. Since vertex edit came out i can fine tune the sharp edges under the chin and pretty much anywhere on the face. 

But expired6978 has said that he/she wanted to merge ECE into racemenu or vice versa. Now if both expired6978 & tktk1 could collaborate and do that it would be the best of both worlds.

They've already been merged. You can add the morphs from ECE to RM, this way you can still have the RM overlay options (which I do like).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36925/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D36925&pUp=1

Enhanced Character Edit (I believe that's what it stands for). I've used that and Race Menu both (even at the same time once, but that was bad LOL). And then there's the Chargen addon for RM that adds ECE's morphs and vertices editing while still allowing for the overlays from RM.

I'll probably go back to RM with the ECE addons. It's a more complete package and the layout is nicer than ECE's I think.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12951/?

They've already been merged. You can add the morphs from ECE to RM, this way you can still have the RM overlay options (which I do like).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36925/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D36925&pUp=1

Not completely though. Racemenu still cant use vertex edit and ece log.

i say racemenu. ece had issues with custom chars and the older version wouldnt let me use apachiskyy hairs. only a small amount of hairs were available. plus theresa tattoo mod for racemenu.

also it was annoying thay ece face morphs automaticky set in it would have been nice to at least have a toggle feature so i can use my own hairs if i wanted to although ece does have some nice face morphs

I like racemenu better than ECE.  I couldn't stand ECE's UI in the last version I used; it feels too much like vanilla skyrim's UI, which I think was dumbed down in all the wrong ways to cater to console users.

That, and I'm making custom NPC's right now, and the head export on Racemenu is a godsend.

• 7 months later...

I like them both but I really don't like Racemenu having tons of sliders with the exact same name and no descriptor to tell you what they do.

ECE starts out with more pleasing shapes, in my opinion and is easier to understand in terms of what the sliders actually do. My only issue with ECE is that it seems to start off with really small heads so you gotta make them bigger or your character will have Mario Movie Goomba Syndrome. :)

Archived