Fallout Mod Manager Crashing.

Molevalence

It's 7am out here in Calgary. First day of work but I thought I would throw this out before I head out for 14 hours. Hopefully it will be answered by the time I get back. My Fallout Mod Manager constantly crashes whenever I try to access the package manager section. It always gives me the error:

Something bad seems to have happened. If it was not too serious a crash dump would have been saved in (it gives the location)

I will post the crash dump text below. I researched a few things briefly but did not want to do them as I didn't have enough time.

January-02-14 - 10:09:52 AM

Fomm 0.13.21
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at WebsiteAPIs.NexusAPI.Login(String p_strUsername, String p_strPassword)
   at WebsiteAPIs.NexusAPI.Login()
   at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager.WebsiteLogin()
   at Fomm.PackageManager.PackageManager..ctor(MainForm mf)
   at Fomm.MainForm.bPackageManager_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Thank you all who answered and see you tonight hopefully. :P

Hi.

May I ask, when you select "package manager", is there a pop-up window asking you to login?

If so, go up to preferences, and choose not to have FOMM update. The pop-ups will cease. That thing is just buggy.

Early on in using FOMM, I also experienced uh-oh something bad crashes if I had deleted an active Esp. or Esm. manually from the Fallout folder without first having deactivated it from the package manager. It would remain listed in the manager, causing chaos.

Archived