CantaLoped Posted March 14, 2025 Posted March 14, 2025 I just recently started modding Fallout 4, and followed the TFM guide. Everything works well so far. Like the title says, I'm curious as to how janky will the AAF animations be if I use CBBE instead of Fusion Girl (which the TFM recommends). Are there any examples? I'm asking because there's quite a number of mods that I want to try that lists CBBE as a requirement. Kinda contemplating if I should just make a new Profile on MO2 just for playing Fallout 4 without the NSFW stuff...it'll be a pain tho since I'm already 10+ hours in.
Andy14 Posted March 14, 2025 Posted March 14, 2025 1 hour ago, CantaLoped said: I just recently started modding Fallout 4, and followed the TFM guide. Everything works well so far. Like the title says, I'm curious as to how janky will the AAF animations be if I use CBBE instead of Fusion Girl (which the TFM recommends). Are there any examples? I'm asking because there's quite a number of mods that I want to try that lists CBBE as a requirement. Kinda contemplating if I should just make a new Profile on MO2 just for playing Fallout 4 without the NSFW stuff...it'll be a pain tho since I'm already 10+ hours in. I have no problem with CBBE and animations. And the claim that animations with CBBE are "janky" is, to put it mildly, "nonsense." Whether an animation looks good or bad depends primarily on which skeleton and mesh the animation author used and how far I myself deviate from that specification. That, and only that, is what matters. 1
CantaLoped Posted March 14, 2025 Author Posted March 14, 2025 55 minutes ago, Andy14 said: I have no problem with CBBE and animations. And the claim that animations with CBBE are "janky" is, to put it mildly, "nonsense." Whether an animation looks good or bad depends primarily on which skeleton and mesh the animation author used and how far I myself deviate from that specification. That, and only that, is what matters. I see. So as someone who uses CBBE, are you saying that there is barely any noticeable difference between using Fusion Girl and using CBBE (after applying Knee fix) when playing NSFW AAF Animations? Cuz if so, I might just switch to CBBE completely.
Andy14 Posted March 14, 2025 Posted March 14, 2025 18 minutes ago, CantaLoped said: I see. So as someone who uses CBBE, are you saying that there is barely any noticeable difference between using Fusion Girl and using CBBE (after applying Knee fix) when playing NSFW AAF Animations? Cuz if so, I might just switch to CBBE completely. A difference can only occur if the animation was created with an incompatible skeleton and/or mesh. I created my own skeleton for CBBE. This allows you to play Fusion Girl animations without restrictions and also has the knee fix for CBBE. I'm uploading it here. If in doubt, anyone can do it themselves in 5 minutes in nifscope. skeleton.7z (unpack in Fallout 4\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\CharacterAssets. Make a backup of your skelton before.) 5
travelmedic Posted March 14, 2025 Posted March 14, 2025 Not a jank issue... Does the CBBE body have working genitals? i.e. a vagina that opens during intercourse animations? FG does, don't remember if CBBE does as well.
tattooleak Posted March 14, 2025 Posted March 14, 2025 There is animated fannies body it has support for that.
CantaLoped Posted March 15, 2025 Author Posted March 15, 2025 21 hours ago, Andy14 said: A difference can only occur if the animation was created with an incompatible skeleton and/or mesh. I created my own skeleton for CBBE. This allows you to play Fusion Girl animations without restrictions and also has the knee fix for CBBE. I'm uploading it here. If in doubt, anyone can do it themselves in 5 minutes in nifscope. skeleton.7z (unpack in Fallout 4\Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\CharacterAssets. Make a backup of your skelton before.) Holy shit, thanks. Guess I really am making the switch to CBBE now. Cheers, man. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now