Anime NPC Overhaul

slash69

How should clothing changes be implemented? This will be an optional feature with a seperate esp.  

156 members have voted

1. 1. How should clothing changes be implemented? This will be an optional feature with a seperate esp.

• Replace vanilla clothes with various mods. (Pro-Easier on my part. Con-Might get rid of clothing players want.)
    • Edit each NPC to wear new clothes. (Pro-Saves vanilla clothing. Con-Will take much longer to do.)
    • Other (Please explain with a post.)

animenpctitle-1.png

The Modular NPC Mods are a collection of various NPC replacers, overhauls and addons that I hope to one day complete. It is my attempt to try out modding (hence the relative simplicity of this mod) and contribute to the great LoversLab community. They aim to do three things:

1. Replace existing vanilla NPCs.

2. Replace existing NPCs in various mods with more 'beautiful' characters.

3. Create additional NPC packs that add themed groups of NPCs to the world.

I used the term 'Modular' in naming the mod because I wanted to create a system where the user can pick and choose with what components they want. Because the initial 'Anime NPC Overhaul' group of mods I am making aren't exactly very lore friendly (see below), I didn't want this to stop the users from using the other parts of the pack that will replace fugly NPCs from various mods, or additional NPC packs.

I made this thread to post progress and get much needed feedback, ideas and suggestions from the Loverslab community.

10/1/12

Changed the structure of the mod as well as how I plan to release it. I will now first release the mod with only the female NPCs being overhauled. This will allow users to use this mod on top of another overhaul mod, so that players may still have males in their world. I will then release a version which also converts males into females. Please note that the version which retains males does not edit any of them at all; I wasn't actually planning to have males in the mod originally but decided to include this option for the people who wish to have males.

Post ideas for types of girls and fetishes (e.g. maids, schoolgirls, amazonesses, demonesses) you would like to see, and possibly what race and which NPC it should be. Also feel free to contribute save games for faces, as long as they are for one of the listed races. You will be listed in the credits of course.

Ideas for outfits are also welcome. As are any other ideas/suggestions/criticisms.

Introduction:

This particular mod will replace all NPCs in the game, turning them into a variety of custom races. It will come in two versions; one that changes all NPCs and turns males into females and one which changed female NPCs only, leaving males unchanged. The female only version would allow users who wish to keep male NPCs to then use this on top of other overhaul mods to have revamped males as well. This mod in no way intends to be lore friendly and is made for the sole purpose of eye candy. You should not expect this mod to conform to any bounds of realism or original lore. Thus, you can expect this mod to be quite...extreme. Think of 'Queen's Blade' as an example of what this may turn out like.

Rather than trying to remain faithful to the original vanilla races, each vanilla race will instead be replaced with a group of custom races defined with a loose genre. For example, Orcs will be replaced with various demon races. Bretons will be replaced with Bella's three race mods. Therefore, rather than seeing the new NPCs as a Breton, Imperial or Nord, it would probably be better to see Tamriel as a much larger mixture of these new races.

The mod will also change all of their outfits with a variety of custom made clothes and armor. I plan to use outfits for different bodies on different NPCs to add a bit of variety in body shapes and sizes, and the player can use this in conjunction with the Setbody 2ch mod.

Race Conversions (Final):

(Will add images once I have made a few NPCs for each race).

Khajiit:

Tabaxi, Snow Tabaxi, White Tabaxi, Kunne, Miqote

Generally tried to use the anthropomorphic races. I plan to give them an Egyptian theme mostly. Think of golden jewelry and thin, revealing veils.

Altmer & Bosmer:

Moonshadow Elves, Ancient Elven Sorceress, Tolkien Elves, Nec Mystic High Elves

Mostly fair skinned elven races. Their look and outfit could vary from more ordinary citizen types to the whole 'forest guardian' type of elves.

Dunmer:

Xeo Ice Elf II, Diablo Elf Ice Cube, Diablo Elf Original, Diablo Elf Purple Mulburry, Xenius Drow, Kaleen

I know it looks like a lot of races, but three of those come from the same mod. Like the Altmer and Bosmer, they will vary a lot in what fetishes they cater for.

Imperials:

FF Race Modified, Xenius Humans, DK High Imperials

Just your stock standard humans, but hotter. Will probably be the most diverse in what tastes they cater for. I might end up throwing in the custom races for the other vanilla races if I want more diversity in races.

Bretons

Succubus Race, Vampire Race Reloaded, Blood Elves

All three of Bella's races. This should give the Bretons their own type of look. Generally they will have a more magical theme and be things such as witches and sorceresses. Generally have a more elegant look than the Imperials I think.

Nords:

Demoness, Furies, Seducer (They're from the demoness mod)

Nords are turned into an elven race (couldn't find a human race that had what I had in mind) and will generally be things like amazonesses, warriors and barbarian types. Oh and they're going to be the big boobies race. :P

Redguards:

Chocolate Elves, Diablo Elves Chocolate, Xenius Battlespire Dark Elves

Just all the dark skinned races. Will probably be more diverse like the imperials.

Orcs:

Red Diablo Elf, Chingari

Delicious, delicious demons.

Argonians

Xenius Dryads, Desuchan's Persocoms Reconstructed

Basically the miscellaneous bunch. There weren't any lizard races I liked. I might take the races in here and use them for some imperials if I want to spice them up some more. Also, if people suggest quite a unique looking race, I'll add them to the Argonians. I might add argonoids to them.

Golden Saints

Xenius Moon Elves

Will probably go for the angel look for them.

Dark Seducers

Xenius Night Elves

Will probably give them some sort of mistress theme.

Removed the Dremora, there are mods out there that replace them so you can use those, and I wanted to use Succubi for the Bretons to make them a bit more common and put them in the normal world instead of only being in Oblivion.

List of some other ideas (anything else I think of doing or suggestions I like):

- Turn all Arcane University students into schoolgirls. Hentai's School Girl Collection mod will probably be used for outfits.

- Some sort of Umbrella Script where NPCs will use umbrellas when it is raining, plus detection to apply the shaders in the 'Get Wet' mod to NPCs who aren't holding umbrellas and are in the rain. This will probably be a later, seperate mod.

Polls:

Made these polls to help me with anything I can't decide on and to see what everyone would prefer. More will be added as necessary.

16/12/11

1. How many unique faces (not including hair) should there be for each custom race?

For example, if you chose 'Five faces', this would mean that a vanilla race like the Bretons would have five unique faces to use across all Bretons in the world from their selection of custom races.

2. Is brightly coloured anime hair a good idea?

15/12/11

1. Should NPCs wear different sized outfits?

If yes, then that means you would like clothing fitted for different body types on different NPCs. For example, perhaps the Imperial Legion guards all wear a DMRA armor, while some other villagers will use clothes for HGEC C-cup. Then you come across a bandit using HGEC D-cup. This allows for more variation in bodies. On the down side, when you take off the NPC's clothes their body will still be whatever body mod you have installed. To solve this, I will only use bodies in the SetBody Mod 2ch edition, so you can set their body types when they are nude as you go along.

2. BBB Outfits?

Pretty self explanatory. Will NPCs use BBB outfits exclusively?

3. Which combination of outfit styles do you like?

Good example of what I mean by modern are Tona's Mod Store and Hentai's Schoolgirl Collection. Good examples of futuristic are Mecha Musume and Ghost Armor. Some examples of fantasy are in Apaachi. Personally, I think a combination of all styles is best.

4. How skimpy should outfits be? (see comparison)

Left to right: Normal, Revealing, Skimpy, Practically Nude.

nuditycom.jpg

Personally, I think a combination of all levels would be best (maybe dress nobles more conservatively for example, but make arena outfits really revealing.

Original Post:

So I've started work on this NPC replacer personally (it's based off of MBP++, XeoSP++ and other stuff), but I thought I might as well share it on here when it's done anyways. It basically aims to create very extreme anime & fantasy style NPCs, and will also change all male NPCs into females. It will not be exactly lore friendly or faithful to the original game, but basically just litter the world with eyecandy ;). Alongside other mods like Triratna's various Monstergirl mods, it would create one epic world of deliciousness *nosebleed* (any fans of the Monstergirl Quest game here? :heart:)

...Ahem...

I was also thinking of using a variety of custom races for each vanilla race. I just wanted to get some opinions on what races should replace which vanilla races as well as any other ideas people might have.

Khajiit - Tabaxi, Snow Tabaxi and Miqote

Dunmer - Diablo Elves (Original), Xeo Snow Elves II, Diablo Elf Ice Cube (Basically all the blue elves)

Altmer - Moon&Diablo Elves, Moonshadow Elves, Diablo Elf Cheese (All the pale elvish races)

Bosmer - Lop Ears Elves (Not sure what else?)

Nords - Not sure?

Imperials - Not sure?

Bretons - Vampire Race Reloaded (Any 'magic' race that isn't elvish)

Orcs - No idea? Maybe the red Diablo Elf?

Argonians - No idea? I was thinking of using them as the 'monster/humonoid race' and using stuff like the Desuchan Persocom race. Or maybe I should just use the Argonians in Xeosp++.

Redguards - Chocolate Elves, Diablo Elf Chocolate

Golden Saints - Not sure

Dark Seducers - Succubus Race

I also like the look of the Night Elves and Final Fantasy race (maybe I should use FF for humans?). Not sure of which race to use them for though. I probably need a more diverse selection of races. Blood Witches, Tolkien and Falmer races look nice too.

Edit: Also like the look of the stuff in Xenius' Race Compilation. There's an angelic looking race in that which would work great for golden saints. Maybe I could use the Chingari race as well for Orcs.

Edit2: Dryads look awesome! Maybe I'll replace lop ears with them, so I can get a more diverse look.

Other ideas were:

- Turning the Arcane University into some sort of typical shoujo-anime high school, complete with the uniforms. *two thumbs up*

- (If all goes well) Releasing patches for other mods (e.g. changing Crowded Cities NPCs).

- Modding NPCs to wear custom armor and clothes. Not sure if I should do this however, because it would make the mod require way too many things...

Feedback, ideas and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Sounds very interesting - I like the idea.

Kaleen maybe for Nords (blue tones) or Argonians.

Blood Elves maybe for Imperials.

My first brainstorming ideas for races' date=' which should fit in your idea ;)

[/quote']

Thanks, Blood Elves look great. Nice idea for the tones. If I do use Kaleen though I'll probably use them for Dunmer. In general anything blue=dunmer. I also need to cut down on the race selection eventually, don't want too many requirements for users.

Another places for some highschool-like stuff could be the Temple of Melons from the Double Melons Wardrobe or the Hentai Lovely House - another larger places for some highschool girls. I remember some kind of futa academy/highschool here in the forum but can't find it. LoversCrowningIsle could also be a fitting place.

What they could possibly wear:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21007

or

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33273

Another places for some highschool-like stuff could be the Temple of Melons from the Double Melons Wardrobe or the Hentai Lovely House - another larger places for some highschool girls. I remember some kind of futa academy/highschool here in the forum but can't find it. LoversCrowningIsle could also be a fitting place.

What they could possibly wear:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21007

or

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33273

Yeah, I was thinking of using Hentai's uniforms. As for Crowning Isle and Hentai's Lovely House, I'll probably reserve those for later. Right now I'm mostly focusing on just replacing vanilla NPCs. Then it'll be more replacers for various mods. Maybe I'll add new/overhauled locations at a later date, I'd need to practice more first though.

Edit: What do you think of dedicating one of the races for a more 'far East' collection of races?

Hmm ... Cheese Elves, Synx, Corean Dark Elves or the Corean Race itself could fit if you feel for a more eastern-like race.

Mhh I'm looking forward to see your results ... I just love the most races, which you already mentioned ;)

Where do you plan to get a good and different facegen data for all the NPC's? They will all be like dopplegangers without this.

And why turn all males into females?

Otherwise - that's a mod of my dreams. Especially if the ideas about Arcane University and custom clothes will go live.

Hmm ... Cheese Elves' date=' Synx, Corean Dark Elves or the Corean Race itself could fit if you feel for a more eastern-like race.

Mhh I'm looking forward to see your results ... I just love the most races, which you already mentioned ;)

[/quote']

I'll probably keep Cheese elves as Altmer, as I want to generally use the pale elvish races for them. Synx and Corean might be good though, especially since they're already a part of MBP.

Where do you plan to get a good and different facegen data for all the NPC's? They will all be like dopplegangers without this.

And why turn all males into females?

Otherwise - that's a mod of my dreams. Especially if the ideas about Arcane University and custom clothes will go live.

I was going to make about 10 or so faces for each custom race (depends on how many are grouped into one vanilla race). I also thought if people wanted' date=' they could contribute some save games to use as faces. In the worst case scenario, I could just spend a week or two focusing on faces.

And why wouldn't you turn all males into females? ;)

Good idea

Nords - Human, Carrier

Imperials - Blood Witch

Argonians - miqote ('monster/humonoid race'-dremora, Tang Mo)

Thanks, will take them into consideration. Not sure about the Tang Mo though, personally don't find them very attractive. Oh and thanks, I forgot about the Dremora. Maybe I'll just use the races in XeoSP++ though, unless anybody has a really good race to replace them.

About the clothes, how does everybody think I should implement this? It would be easier to just replace vanilla clothing with custom clothes rather than editing what every single NPC is wearing, but I could see this being an undesirable feature.

I think it would be easier to make some NPCs to companions, give them yourself what they should wear and leave them. I'm no pro in modding in Oblivion but I think, it would take a hell of time more to give them different clothes/armors/whatever.

I think for the beginning, you should focus on the races and when they're done you can still update or improve with more things.

The imagination of Oblivion with Chocolate Elves, Diablo Elves in all kinds and all the other nice races ... oh dear I should think about the first serious male char :D

Dislike futa so ... no :P

Heresy! Also about the companion thing you said before, I'd probably still prefer to somehow make the armor replacement automatic, as I would like this to be more of a plug and play overhaul, rather than something users are required to customize. Maybe adding the option to change their outfits could be done, but I think this can already be done with mods like MCS.

Oh and bump for edited first post. I hope I can draw more interest...

well hopefully this well come out soon i want to try this

Thanks, helps to keep me motivated when I know people are interested in this. But most likely this will not be out until January next year; I only started this yesterday and am still in planning. Still, be sure to visit the thread once in a while, as I am adding a poll section to see what people would like in the mod and it will be regularly updated.

About the clothes' date=' how does everybody think I should implement this? It would be easier to just replace vanilla clothing with custom clothes rather than editing what every single NPC is wearing, but I could see this being an undesirable feature.[/quote']

Because most perverts here play female character. Having les and futas only is like removing 1/3 of fun.

About clothes: i think this can be done in two stages:

1) Replace clothes first. This is relatively fast, and will get rid of vanilla rags completely(DIE VANILLA!1 :@).

2) change clothes here and there to add more variety.

I think this is the most effective way.

About the clothes' date=' how does everybody think I should implement this? It would be easier to just replace vanilla clothing with custom clothes rather than editing what every single NPC is wearing, but I could see this being an undesirable feature.[/quote']

Because most perverts here play female character. Having les and futas only is like removing 1/3 of fun.

And if all the nice looking races are running in Oblivion then you have a good reason to make a male character - like I plan to do it :P

Well, I think the final groupings look something like this. Human mods are surprisingly hard to find! So many of the good mods are elves. I decided to combine some of the races together. Let me know what you guys think.

Dunmer: Different blue tinted races.

Kaleen

Xeo Ice Elf II

Diablo Elf Original

Diablo Elf Purple Mulburry

Diablo Elf Ice Cube

Xenius Drow

Khajiit: Anthropomorphic races.

Tabaxi

Snow Tabaxi

White Tabaxi

Miqote

Kunne

Altmer, Bosmer: Various elves.

Moonshadow Elves

Ancient Elven Sorceress

Seducer (Part of demoness mod)

Demoness (Part of demoness mod)

Furies (Part of demoness mod)

Imperial, Breton, Nord: Because of the rather small selection of custom races for these three vanilla races, I will try to give each vanilla race a distinct style. Nords will mostly look and be dressed as amazonesses and warriors. Imperials will have a more generalised look. Not sure what to go for with the Bretons though.

Modified FF Race

Corean

Xenius Human

Redguards: All dark skinned races.

Diablo Elf Chocolate

Xenius Battlespire Dark Elves

Chocolate Elves

Orsimer: Demons.

Red Diablo Elf

Chingari Race

Argonians: Humonoids.

Xenius Dryad

Capucines Aquamer Race

Vampires: All vampires in the game will be converted to these.

Demoness

Xenius Vampire

Xenius Day Walker

Golden Saints:

Xenius Moon Elf

Dark Seducers:

Xenius Night Elf

Children:

Mini Tabaxi

Lop Ears Elves

X117 Race

This selection creates the following requirements:

Kaleen

MBP, MBP++, BP

XEOSP, XEOSP++

XEO ICE ELF II

Diablo Elf 6 in 1 OMOD

Xenius Race Compilation

Ancient Elven Sorceress

Demoness

Modified FF Race

Capucines Aquamer Race

x117 Race++

I was also thinking of ditching the whole grouping and adding more elves to the human races. Elves are delicious.

I think that this will cover many races' date=' where everyone will find their favorites and should be pleased.

Take Blood Elves to humans if needed :P

[/quote']

Added blood elves to humans. And thus began many days of face creating...

If anybody would like to contribute faces, whether it be from existing characters or new ones please let me know. Just make sure that the face is for one of the races in the mod.

And if all the nice looking races are running in Oblivion then you have a good reason to make a male character - like I plan to do it :P

So you will be the one and only male in the world? Boring.

So you will be the one and only male in the world? Boring.

I could always just do all the female NPCs first and release that as a male/female version I guess.

I suggest:

DesuChan persocoms for imperials/bretons (not for argonians!!)

DesuChan Kawa-Kajiits for kajiits

Nec mystic high elves for altmers

Argonoid for the argonians (or Miqote for a full change of appearance)

Replace all the vanilla clothes/armors (they are fugly) whit customs, add some variations to specific NPCs.

An all females world is my dream, who needs males anyway, they are useless :D

If anybody would like to contribute faces' date=' whether it be from existing characters or new ones please let me know. Just make sure that the face is for one of the races in the mod.

[/quote']

Thought I'd share one of my characters then, I don't know if it fits the theme of the mod, but I might as well try ;). The character's name is Lletya and is a Moonshadow elf. The hair is from the Cute Elves mod.

Screen

screenshot254.png

Link

It's a .off file, I can upload it to you as a save file instead if you want to extract the face from that one.

Sounds like a promising project, looking forward to it! :)

Archived