Anime NPC Overhaul

slash69

How should clothing changes be implemented? This will be an optional feature with a seperate esp.  

156 members have voted

1. 1. How should clothing changes be implemented? This will be an optional feature with a seperate esp.

• Replace vanilla clothes with various mods. (Pro-Easier on my part. Con-Might get rid of clothing players want.)
    • Edit each NPC to wear new clothes. (Pro-Saves vanilla clothing. Con-Will take much longer to do.)
    • Other (Please explain with a post.)

I suggest:

DesuChan persocoms for imperials/bretons (not for argonians!!)

DesuChan Kawa-Kajiits for kajiits

Nec mystic high elves for altmers

Argonoid for the argonians (or Miqote for a full change of appearance)

Replace all the vanilla clothes/armors (they are fugly) whit customs' date=' add some variations to specific NPCs.

[u']An all females world is my dream, who needs males anyway, they are useless :D[/u]

Well, it would certainly make for an interesting kind of world. And a very yummy one at that.

Thought I'd share one of my characters then' date=' I don't know if it fits the theme of the mod, but I might as well try ;). The character's name is Lletya and is a Moonshadow elf. The hair is from the Cute Elves mod.

Screen

Link

It's a .off file, I can upload it to you as a save file instead if you want to extract the face from that one.

Sounds like a promising project, looking forward to it! :)

Thanks. I'll probably need a save like you said.

Thanks. I'll probably need a save like you said.

Aight' date=' here you go, let me know if it works. There might be several mod dependencies, but as long as Moonshadow Elves and Cute Elves are installed it should work!

Lletya Save

I removed Cute Elves from the races, so do you mind if I change the hair? I'll try to find a similar hairstyle. I might also tweak her face a bit if you don't mind?

so this is gonna be released around january right?what about the clothing part?

also would it be possible to change my vote to the one that keeps vanilla clothes' date=' dont really want to lose them

[/quote']

Yeah don't worry, I'm adding the new items separately as I want to be able to customize the outfits more. About the release date, I'm aiming for January for all the faces but not the clothes or any additional stuff. I don't know if I will be able to get it all done by then though...I find myself fussing too much over each face. Hopefully I'll be able to draw in some people who would be willing to contribute batches of faces :rolleyes:

Edit: Also, just a little heads up for anybody who may post anything here. I'm going away for two weeks or so, so I won't be able to respond to posts here. Don't worry, I'll still be working on this :)

I removed Cute Elves from the races' date=' so do you mind if I change the hair? I'll try to find a similar hairstyle. I might also tweak her face a bit if you don't mind?

[/quote']

I don't mind at all, if you have any use of it, change it however you like!

If it lessens your workload I can upload some more of my chars, if however it's only time consuming to work with them I won't bother you any more :P

Slash, you ahve pm turned off so I cannot send you a message. Here is the reply I tried to send you:

My take on modding is you shouldn't have to ask permission. That being said you can use any of my stuff. However I have never actually written any outfits. I have only fixed, corrected,added BBB, and compiled them into shops. I was the last keeper of the SPB collection and I guess I still am. I stopped updating it when I ran out of space in the market and I moved it all into Gabriella's Sexy Boutique. You should use the outfits from there instead because they have more bug fixes and BBB. The Boutique includes virtually every outfit from SPB and NPR. Do not use Neo's stuff though. He apparently had copyright issues and didn't want to lose credit with other modders. Likewise I do not want to lose credit with him. But Gabriella's Boutique is a much more thorough compilation of SPB and NPR mods. Actually it's the only compilation of NPR mods. NPR's officially stance on othe rpeople using his stuff is he doesn't care-Use AWAY! SPB did not want his SPB joke mods mixed with the more serious A-Type 2 mods. I never included those anyways so as long as you only use what's in teh Boutique you won't be mixing anything. Anything not SPB or NPR in the Boutique you would have to ask for permission from the original authors like Pain Bringer and the Vamp outfits but those guys are all cool and would give it no problem. There were only few outfits other than the main three anyways.

Managed to get internet at the place I'm staying at for two weeks. :P

I removed Cute Elves from the races' date=' so do you mind if I change the hair? I'll try to find a similar hairstyle. I might also tweak her face a bit if you don't mind?

[/quote']

I don't mind at all, if you have any use of it, change it however you like!

If it lessens your workload I can upload some more of my chars, if however it's only time consuming to work with them I won't bother you any more :P

If you want to, go right ahead. Any help is welcome :)

http://kopi707.blog9.fc2.com/page-3.html

kopi has some nice savegames from different races. Maybe that will help in terms of faces. :)

(he also has some nice looking male saves)

Thanks for the find!

Slash' date=' you ahve pm turned off so I cannot send you a message. Here is the reply I tried to send you:

My take on modding is you shouldn't have to ask permission. That being said you can use any of my stuff. However I have never actually written any outfits. I have only fixed, corrected,added BBB, and compiled them into shops. I was the last keeper of the SPB collection and I guess I still am. I stopped updating it when I ran out of space in the market and I moved it all into Gabriella's Sexy Boutique. You should use the outfits from there instead because they have more bug fixes and BBB. The Boutique includes virtually every outfit from SPB and NPR. Do not use Neo's stuff though. He apparently had copyright issues and didn't want to lose credit with other modders. Likewise I do not want to lose credit with him. But Gabriella's Boutique is a much more thorough compilation of SPB and NPR mods. Actually it's the only compilation of NPR mods. NPR's officially stance on othe rpeople using his stuff is he doesn't care-Use AWAY! SPB did not want his SPB joke mods mixed with the more serious A-Type 2 mods. I never included those anyways so as long as you only use what's in teh Boutique you won't be mixing anything. Anything not SPB or NPR in the Boutique you would have to ask for permission from the original authors like Pain Bringer and the Vamp outfits but those guys are all cool and would give it no problem. There were only few outfits other than the main three anyways.

[/quote']

Doh! Yeah, I just realised about my PMs before reading this. I thought everybody I was PMing was ignoring me...

Anyways thanks for that, I'll be sure to list all original authors/distributors/modders/fixers and so forth within the credits.

Also, a question for anybody perusing this thread:

Do you have FaceGenTexturing on in your Oblivion.ini files or do you prefer to turn it off? Having it on allows you to use all the skin features in the character creator, but some people prefer to turn it off as they believe it makes characters look ugly. The reason I'm asking this is because getting some of the characters to look nice in the dark with this on is a bitch!

For me' date=' FaceGenTexturing is off because I had some problems with ... i think it was MBP and since then I never turned it on again.

[/quote']

I would just turn it off, but one of the things I like about it is that it matches the eyebrow color with the hair color. Otherwise you'll have people with green hair and black eyebrows...:-/

Sup man ,

I actually had some similar idea but the the thought of all the work that would require doing it alone (and it will probably end up like a big clusterfuck if files are not sorted).

But since you have begun working on this project I would happily help you if you want any assistance regarding NPC , armor replacing and other stuff like that.

Sup man ' date='

I actually had some similar idea but the the thought of all the work that would require doing it alone (and it will probably end up like a big clusterfuck if files are not sorted).

But since you have begun working on this project I would happily help you if you want any assistance regarding NPC , armor replacing and other stuff like that.

[/quote']

Thanks. If you would like to help, I could always use a hand making the faces. Depending on how active you want to be in the mod's creation, I could just give you a list of people to make faces for. Or you could just make any faces you like and I'll apply them to the NPCs as I go along. Later on, I could also get your help with other things such as armor and clothing replacements.

Hi everyone,

I figured that while I'm working on the faces, I might as well start on getting some ideas for the general theme I should go for with each group of races. For example, perhaps the Bretons could be dressed up in various outfits that reflect them being a magical race, such as witches and sorceresses. Nords I am generally going for the warrior type of look and will be dressed up as amazons, barbarians and warriors. Of course these ideas are more of a guideline, and each race's outfits would not have to strictly be within these themes. Some themes may span various races, or some races may borrow themes from other races. Once I get a good general idea of these themes, I can then start compiling a list of some nice outfits to use.

Anways, tl;dr

Suggest your ideas for the general appearance and themes for each race. You don't need to specify a race for an idea if you don't want to, e.g. 'I want schoolgirls in the mod'

Edit: Also, anybody know any good human races to use for Imperials? I'm finding the FF race a bit hard to make faces for.

Hi everyone' date='

I figured that while I'm working on the faces, I might as well start on getting some ideas for the general theme I should go for with each group of races. For example, perhaps the Bretons could be dressed up in various outfits that reflect them being a magical race, such as witches and sorceresses. Nords I am generally going for the warrior type of look and will be dressed up as amazons, barbarians and warriors. Of course these ideas are more of a guideline, and each race's outfits would not have to strictly be within these themes. Some themes may span various races, or some races may borrow themes from other races. Once I get a good general idea of these themes, I can then start compiling a list of some nice outfits to use.

Anways, tl;dr

Suggest your ideas for the general appearance and themes for each race. You don't need to specify a race for an idea if you don't want to, e.g. 'I want schoolgirls in the mod'

Edit: [b']Also, anybody know any good human races to use for Imperials?[/b] I'm finding the FF race a bit hard to make faces for.

DK High Imperials

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33044

33044-4-1279234167.jpg

Hi everyone' date='

Anways, tl;dr

Edit: [b']Also, anybody know any good human races to use for Imperials?[/b] I'm finding the FF race a bit hard to make faces for.

DK High Imperials

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=33044

33044-4-1279234167.jpg

Looks very nice. Will definitely give this race a go. Thanks!

Here is an idea:

Add umbrellas to NPCs

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=539

You can use that model, or similar.

You can use a detection system similar to get wet: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2909

Thus, npcs will only actually have them out when it is raining (duh)

Also, bonus points if you could make get wet only apply the texture to a actor that doesn't have an umbrella out.

Here is an idea:

Add umbrellas to NPCs

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=539

You can use that model' date=' or similar.

You can use a detection system similar to get wet: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2909

Thus, npcs will only actually have them out when it is raining (duh)

Also, bonus points if you could make get wet only apply the texture to a actor that doesn't have an umbrella out.

[/quote']

Nice idea, but it's kinda outside of what the mod originally intends. I really like this though, and I'll add it to the 'ideas' section. I might try to do this in the future once I'm done with the clothing and face replacements.

Added two save files' date=' Ice Elf1 and High Imperial1, to my 4shared folder. Not sure if you can see it, but I believe so since I've set to to visible.

High imperial:

highimperial.jpg

Ice Elf:

iceelf1.jpg

I'm sorry for not contributing a lot, this is since I usually spend around an hour per face since I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Thanks, but I'm using Ice Elf Xeo II, not the Original Ice Elf! :P

Actually, if you would like a more active role (or even a small one), feel free to PM me like Flussy has done. I've given him/her a bunch of NPCs to make faces for. This just helps in organizing everything, as everybody kinda has their own little part to work on. Plus I find it easier to make a face if I know what kind of personality I'm aiming for.

Just a few little previews. Will post more once I stop being lazy and screencap them all. Ignore the dodgy textures on them (e.g. Ogier Georick), they won't be visible in the game provided FaceGenTexturing=0 in the ini. Some Generic NPCs may share a few faces, e.g. the Mythic Dawn Assassins here simply because I'd rather spend more time on the unique NPC's faces. Also hair is usually a lot brighter in-game, so some of the hairs look a bit dull here.

Palonirya

Palonirya.jpg

Ogier Georick

OgierGeorick.jpg

Jensine

Jensine.jpg

Delos Fandas

DelosFandas.jpg

Blue Team Arena Combatant

ArenaICBlueTeamGladiator.jpg

Mythic Dawn Assassin

CGMythicDawnAssassinAmbushC.jpg