Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 CBBE Conversions

On 1/31/2021 at 12:58 AM, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

NIND's CBBE Bodyslide  #151

Bikini Mage Armor LE

Greetings once more,

If I may, I would like to ask a question regarding the Bikini Mage Armor which NIND so skillfully ported. Perhaps somebody else ran into a similar situation and has more experience in this matter:

How would one go about creating multiple versions (read: different variations of zaps, of which there are many in this armor) of the Bikini Mage Armor to use ingame without having to reslide it every single time and thus actually losing the old version?

Here is what I did:

1) Use BodySlide to set the zaps to the preferred combination, then build the outfit

2) Rename the resulting .nif files (for instance "mageapprenticerobesf_0" to "mageapprenticerobesf_A_0")

3) Create a new armature (ARMA) in the .esp and point it towards the newly renamed file

4) Create a new armor (ARMO) in the .esp and point it towards the previously created armature

4) Repeat steps 1 to 4 as often as deemed necessary, renaming the files B, C (and so on) accordingly

At first, I also renamed the .tri file created by BodySlide (the file responsible for morphing in-game) but I realized my mistake when none of the morphs were working. Obviously, despite renaming the .nif files, they would still point to the original .tri file.

Using any old .tri file from previous builds would not work either, since only the pieces (zaps) present in the particular outfit would morph, others would not.

The solution was to disable ALL the zaps in BodySlide (resulting in a jumble of pieces...which actually provided very modest coverage...oh, the horror o.O), then build the outfit and keep the resulting .tri file. One simply has to make sure not to overwrite it on building subsequent sets.

I apologize for this wall of text. If anybody took the time to read through that: Am I going to unnecessary lengths here and there is an easier way I simply fail to see? I admit that I haven't testet this thoroughly in-game yet, but at first glance, everything seems to be in order.

I would very much appreciate futher opinions on this topic. If not, that's fine too.

Regards, s3ngine

14 minutes ago, s3ngine said:

Greetings once more,

If I may, I would like to ask a question regarding the Bikini Mage Armor which NIND so skillfully ported. Perhaps somebody else ran into a similar situation and has more experience in this matter:

How would one go about creating multiple versions (read: different variations of zaps, of which there are many in this armor) of the Bikini Mage Armor to use ingame without having to reslide it every single time and thus actually losing the old version?

Here is what I did:

1) Use BodySlide to set the zaps to the preferred combination, then build the outfit

2) Rename the resulting .nif files (for instance "mageapprenticerobesf_0" to "mageapprenticerobesf_A_0")

3) Create a new armature (ARMA) in the .esp and point it towards the newly renamed file

4) Create a new armor (ARMO) in the .esp and point it towards the previously created armature

4) Repeat steps 1 to 4 as often as deemed necessary, renaming the files B, C (and so on) accordingly

At first, I also renamed the .tri file created by BodySlide (the file responsible for morphing in-game) but I realized my mistake when none of the morphs were working. Obviously, despite renaming the .nif files, they would still point to the original .tri file.

Using any old .tri file from previous builds would not work either, since only the pieces (zaps) present in the particular outfit would morph, others would not.

The solution was to disable ALL the zaps in BodySlide (resulting in a jumble of pieces...which actually provided very modest coverage...oh, the horror o.O), then build the outfit and keep the resulting .tri file. One simply has to make sure not to overwrite it on building subsequent sets.

I apologize for this wall of text. If anybody took the time to read through that: Am I going to unnecessary lengths here and there is an easier way I simply fail to see? I admit that I haven't testet this thoroughly in-game yet, but at first glance, everything seems to be in order.

I would very much appreciate futher opinions on this topic. If not, that's fine too.

Regards, s3ngine

That is the fastest way yes...... the most efficient (if you wanted to make more outfits for each) would be to make a sort of "Source NIF" with all the parts of the outfit on it, (with alpha enabled) and then making retextured outfits in the esp that applied a 100% transparency texture to different parts of the outfit (effectively making them invisible.)

If you have never done transparencies with textures before, please see method 2 of this tutorial:

On 17/09/2017 at 9:53 PM, Kshahdoo said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, no need to apologize :) You didn't do anything wrong. You found the root of a problem and this is really wonderful news! I absolutely love this outfit :P Thank you for you time and efforts.

P.S. Btw, here is a link for you. Blacksmith's 2015 New Year Gift :)

CLICK ME

Archive is working, i opened it, before uploading.

If you need download anything like this in the future, don't hesitate to ask, okay? :)

Is there an updated link?

1 hour ago, thegrimreaper2 said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/106479?tab=posts

Any conversion for this yet? Cbbe bodyslide exists for SE, hoping with this UUNP verison for LE that a CBBE HDT LE Bodyslide version will come soon too :) 

the mod should work fine anyway. the bodyslide files recognize CBBE slides:

Spoiler

image.png.45928536b3206235ae1bb0553f78a65a.png

this means that you can use it but you'll have a couple of steps to do so. I have a tutorial that goes through this but you'll have to build them and then replace the body with yours:

From this:

Spoiler

image.png.e1728e383735fd6b0b69ebf4cfaa8c55.png

To this:

Spoiler

image.png.1b4c13e5bcd6f6387eba005145f2d0cd.png

I built the outfit and replaced the body with mine from another.

40 minutes ago, RedMonika said:

the mod should work fine anyway. the bodyslide files recognize CBBE slides:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.45928536b3206235ae1bb0553f78a65a.png

this means that you can use it but you'll have a couple of steps to do so. I have a tutorial that goes through this but you'll have to build them and then replace the body with yours:

From this:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.e1728e383735fd6b0b69ebf4cfaa8c55.png

To this:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.1b4c13e5bcd6f6387eba005145f2d0cd.png

I built the outfit and replaced the body with mine from another.

Awesome man, where can I find this guide? 

EDIT: Never mind found it

2 hours ago, kshlbrkskh@gmail.com said:

Hey guys. It's been years of this Dem vanilla armor replacer - and i like it a lot.

But this takes a lot of work to convert it all to CBBE. Maybe anyone done it already?

I've googled but found nothing...

Also question! Do you think you can use meshes from SE into LE?

That's pretty much the spice collection - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89129

5 hours ago, kbshowtyme said:

I was about to post that.  Some others are from BD UUNP Armor and clothes replacer the Cbbe bodyslide version.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89849

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/96311?tab=description

Right. You can install one with its esp and disable the esps from the others. Then go through bodyslide and build the set you want to use. What is built will be what's used. For example, I use Remodeled Armor by CT77, Spice, BD UUNP, and a couple of others. Build what I want and that's what's in game. I just use the esp for CT77s mod.