Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 CBBE Conversions

2 hours ago, RJMAN said:

For example, I tried to convert the Goma bikini set to a different body.  MB1 bikini in game has like 6 to 8 different colors but all uses the same mesh.  When you follow the basic guide for converting outfits to cbbe and get to save project, (I leave all the names the same as well), something happens after you save to where now all the bikinis will be the same color.  Which is usually black.  Everything is converted to the new body because I did change out the old one with cbbe, but there is that problem and for the life of me I've searched all the internet for a solution and cannot find one.  None of the guides talk about this.

I'm not really able to follow but if I understand correctly you're converting a bikini that has several different colors? So, the bikini sets are separate from each other in the original mod? Do you have the conversion setup? What I would do is copy the texture paths and replace the original nifs if that makes sense.

11 minutes ago, RedMonika said:

I'm not really able to follow but if I understand correctly you're converting a bikini that has several different colors? So, the bikini sets are separate from each other in the original mod? Do you have the conversion setup? What I would do is copy the texture paths and replace the original nifs if that makes sense.

I think they're specifically referred to as "extended textures" which are specified in the esp and I can look them all up easily enough with TESVedit, but you can't make a texture path in outfit studio because they are all tied to the same outfit using the esp. I know this is very confusing and I'm wanting to give up.  Alot of outfit makers do it now to save space.  I've tired looking at the shape data in nifskope and the esp in TESVedit to see if anything changes after the conversion but everything still looks fine so I cannot figure this one out.

5 minutes ago, RJMAN said:

So they are not separate outfits per say.  They are the same one in game but different colors.  You cannot load them each separately for conversion in outfit studio which is why I've run into this problem.

What's the mod?

What does the original nif look like? You could just set your conversion and replace the original nif with that. It should work in game

3 hours ago, RJMAN said:

Goma Mini Bikini.  I think Shadow converted it.  I'm trying to convert it to COSIOHD.  I load the project, delete the body, add the new project body, copy bone weights, and conform all and save.  Easy enough but then the problem.

Oh, I don't know anything about Cosio but meikel1403 does

CBBE HDT Bodyslide Patch by:

NIND \ slingray120 \ jimmyyu

DM me with your slider numbers and a picture of the clipping if you want something specific fixed!

20200113014116_1.thumb.jpg.0e3229c741aa86ec6cb16603b921d436.jpg

Android 18 Custom-Voiced Follower CBBE HDT Bodyslide

IMAGE PREVIEWS:

Spoiler

20200112154613_1.thumb.jpg.510a381c5caaaf86f3d8ea8897be2bc0.jpg20200113022126_1.thumb.jpg.ee49c71b6dd85cf74665f70d60ef5106.jpg20200113022500_1.thumb.jpg.618b90c8018f13ee12dadddde523ee20.jpg

HDT DEMO:

Credits:

Thank you to Ezarr for letting me convert your Follower!

14 hours ago, RJMAN said:

I think they're specifically referred to as "extended textures" which are specified in the esp and I can look them all up easily enough with TESVedit, but you can't make a texture path in outfit studio because they are all tied to the same outfit using the esp. I know this is very confusing and I'm wanting to give up.  Alot of outfit makers do it now to save space.  I've tired looking at the shape data in nifskope and the esp in TESVedit to see if anything changes after the conversion but everything still looks fine so I cannot figure this one out.

When using textures sets the order of the shape files in the nif matters, I also would not change any of the names of the shapes unless you are sure what you are doing.

For example the texture set is defined in the esp and is based on the 3d name (the name of the shape in the nif) and the 3D index (the order of the meshes in the nif). Index 0 is the first shape node list ed in the tree, Index 1 the next and so on. This is the case for both the armor object and the armor addon forms in the esp. The index of the mesh and texture assignments must match or the textures will be assigned out of order. If you reorder or rename meshes in Outfit Studio then it will most break the textures set assignments. I think when i tested this a long time ago the 3d name could be wrong but the index must match, but better to keep the shape name and index correct, just makes it easier to keep track. You still have to create both the armor object and the armor addon object for each texture, they just in this case will all point to the same nif.

Example picture of nif tree and corresponding esp with texture set index.

Hope that makes sense

Spoiler

texturesetnifesp.jpg.db0c8e8e3c88bdd23e8ebfa4535d7bf6.jpg

1 hour ago, Imperfection said:

When using textures sets the order of the shape files in the nif matters, I also would not change any of the names of the shapes unless you are sure what you are doing.

For example the texture set is defined in the esp and is based on the 3d name (the name of the shape in the nif) and the 3D index (the order of the meshes in the nif). Index 0 is the first shape node list ed in the tree, Index 1 the next and so on. This is the case for both the armor object and the armor addon forms in the esp. The index of the mesh and texture assignments must match or the textures will be assigned out of order. If you reorder or rename meshes in Outfit Studio then it will most break the textures set assignments. I think when i tested this a long time ago the 3d name could be wrong but the index must match, but better to keep the shape name and index correct, just makes it easier to keep track. You still have to create both the armor object and the armor addon object for each texture, they just in this case will all point to the same nif.

Hope that makes sense

Hide contents

? I think this may help me fix an issue with my blood magic conversion.  Thank you!

2 hours ago, Imperfection said:

Hope that makes sense

Reveal hidden contents

This is very useful information.  I found something interesting.  Everything is fine until I build the new body in bodyslide.  Anyways I'll use your info and see if that solves my problem.  Thanks for all the help so far.

7 hours ago, Imperfection said:

Hope that makes sense

Reveal hidden contents

This is separate from the nif; though, right? In my experience the parts of the armor in a nif need to be lined up between the 0 and 1 but what they're named doesn't matter. I've seen nifs have different names for the pieces but they line up in their placement with each other.

4 hours ago, RJMAN said:

This is very useful information.  I found something interesting.  Everything is fine until I build the new body in bodyslide.  Anyways I'll use your info and see if that solves my problem.  Thanks for all the help so far.

What happens when you build a new body?

1 hour ago, RedMonika said:

What happens when you build a new body?

The problem I mentioned happens.  The new body is correct with the new physics and everything but all the bikinis are now one color which I assume is the default, black.  However before I build in bodyslide everything is fine.  So it can't be a problem with the nif file, but I'm still kind of new with these kinds of conversions so what do I know?

3 hours ago, RedMonika said:

This is separate from the nif; though, right? In my experience the parts of the armor in a nif need to be lined up between the 0 and 1 but what they're named doesn't matter. I've seen nifs have different names for the pieces but they line up in their placement with each other.

That's correct and why I said "I think when i tested this a long time ago the 3d name could be wrong but the index must match", thanks for confirming. Unless you talking about nifname_0 and nifname_1 as that has nothing to do with textures sets.

2 hours ago, RJMAN said:

The problem I mentioned happens.  The new body is correct with the new physics and everything but all the bikinis are now one color which I assume is the default, black.  However before I build in bodyslide everything is fine.  So it can't be a problem with the nif file, but I'm still kind of new with these kinds of conversions so what do I know?

My guess is something your doing in bodyslide is causing the shape nodes to be in a different order then what the texture assignment is expecting, use the image I posted to compare your esp to your output nif file in regards to the 3D Index.

1 hour ago, RJMAN said:

I just found this.  Very helpful.  This would've saved time if I'd found it sooner.  Haha.  Literally the same problem and same outfit.  Only two years ago.  Geez...?

Pretty much exactly what I posted in my image a few posts back, I know what you mean though as its hard to search for the problem when you don't know the right terms.

6 hours ago, Imperfection said:

That's correct and why I said "I think when i tested this a long time ago the 3d name could be wrong but the index must match", thanks for confirming. Unless you talking about nifname_0 and nifname_1 as that has nothing to do with textures sets.

All of this can be confusing to those with little OS experience. Just want to put in that the pieces of an armor in a nif just need to be lined up with each other. What they're called on the right menu doesn't matter but their placement does. You're right; though, the name of the nif needs to coincide with the name the esp is pointing to. 

4 hours ago, RJMAN said:

I just found this.  Very helpful.  This would've saved time if I'd found it sooner.  Haha.  Literally the same problem and same outfit.  Only two years ago.  Geez...?

Well, as GI Joe says: "Knowing is half the battle." At least you found some info.

CBBE HDT Bodyslide Patch by:

NIND \ slingray120 \ jimmyyu

DM me with your slider numbers and a picture of the clipping if you want something specific fixed!

20200114015651_1.thumb.jpg.949e226fda343e39c5b42438f20fac90.jpg

Twilek (Oolala) Dancer CBBE HDT BS

(NOW ZAPPED)

IMAGE PREVIEWS:

Spoiler

20200114013907_1.thumb.jpg.02c42a3546456bf192e1d213a75e3631.jpg20200114013517_1.thumb.jpg.56d4f793495fac0dc2dffdca0d9f2310.jpg

HDT DEMO:

Credits:

Thank you to Neodavinci for making this awesome star wars outfit.