Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 CBBE Conversions

1 hour ago, RedMonika said:

Meikel,

These would still work with CBBE, right? Just need the body to be swapped out?

Yes but you have to remove the additional boneweights that came from CosioHD and re add the boneweights from CBBE HDT but i really recommend CosioHD if you don't use it since you can build with it both body's that means CBBE and CosioHD or UNP and CosioHD the only thing u have to watch out then is that you bodyslide preset dosent increase any body sliders from CosioHD that CBBE dosen't contain so that u wont see any difference between CBBE and CosioHD with the outfits that's how i do it atleast since i like to use CBBE conversions to.

7 minutes ago, orgs1n said:

Are any guide or instructions available on how to convert an outfit/body (to CBBE SE) when the body isn't in a standard T-pose?

image.png.ced27842292cfe658f4710bd9dad89a4.png

That looks like a modified baseshape.......select a conversion reference based on the bodytype that matches best, add the cbbe reference (and remove the arms from it) so you can see better.  Then conform and check for clipping as normal.  Are you taking care of this pack?

oh nvm youre doing SE. 

I only do LE

19 hours ago, Imperfection said:

Thanks to everyone who shares their tips, workflows and workarounds as these are invaluable. It just takes some experimentation and a willingness to make mistakes, its the only way to find the correct method cause lets face it documentation on OS is "sparse". With a combination of masking, deleting, duplication and mirroring you can do some seemingly complex things with Outfit Studio like the harness on this skirt.

amiella.jpg

In general, what was the strategy you used to do this lol

1 hour ago, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

In general, what was the strategy you used to do this lol

It was a while ago but from what i remember, (based on pics current facing)

> turn off mirror edits across x axis on toolbar (15th button) to start

> mask off the left hand "drooped" strap > invert mask > delete vertices to remove it completely

> mask right hand strap > invert mask > separate vertices > give new mesh name

> select new right hand strap in mesh tree > right click > duplicate > give part new name

> select duplicated strap in mesh tree > right click > mirror > x

> select both new mesh straps in mesh tree > slider menu > conform selected

> delete bones from mirrored strap (bones tab) and then copy bone weights as normal

When masking you can select a small portion of the object then use the "D" key to slowly expand the selection area out across the connected piece, this will give you an idea of how connected it is to the other pieces it is touching and sometimes you can get it to select only the piece you want easily with this method but depends on quality of source mesh.

In the end I ended up with 3 mesh pieces skirt, strapL, strapR from the original 1 piece.

Hope that helps, if its not clear or I missed some steps let me know and maybe I will make step by step pdf with pics.

EDITED

18 minutes ago, Imperfection said:

> mask off the left hand "drooped" strap > invert mask > delete vertices to remove it completely

> select new right hand strap in mesh tree > right click > duplicate > give part new name

> delete bones from mirrored strap (bones tab) and then copy bone weights as normal

When masking you can select a small portion of the object then use the "D" key to slowly expand the selection area out across the connected piece, this will give you an idea of how connected it is to the other pieces it is touching and sometimes you can get it to select only the piece you want easily with this method but depends on quality of source mesh.

In the end I ended up with 3 mesh pieces skirt, strapL, strapR from the original 1 piece.

Hope that helps, if its not clear or I missed some steps let me know and maybe I will make step by step pdf with pics.

EDITED

Ohhhhh Lol that makes sense, here I was thinking you used the moves vertices command and “reshaped” the droopy strap back into position.  I was amazed

3 hours ago, meikel1403 said:

Yes but you have to remove the additional boneweights that came from CosioHD and re add the boneweights from CBBE HDT but i really recommend CosioHD if you don't use it since you can build with it both body's that means CBBE and CosioHD or UNP and CosioHD the only thing u have to watch out then is that you bodyslide preset dosent increase any body sliders from CosioHD that CBBE dosen't contain so that u wont see any difference between CBBE and CosioHD with the outfits that's how i do it atleast since i like to use CBBE conversions to.

So, Casio has the same shape with CBBE? I don't necessarily need to change anything I use with CBBE like skin texture or armor mods? I have a crap ton of armor mods and a crap ton of CBBE armor mashups

1 hour ago, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

Ohhhhh Lol that makes sense, here I was thinking you used the moves vertices command and “reshaped” the droopy strap back into position.  I was amazed

Oh wait ya I did do it that way ? be amazed!!

LOL that would be beyond almost anyone's patience level including mine, hahahah!!!

1 hour ago, Imperfection said:

EDITED

Damn it

I haven't noticed that the latest version of OS has mirror function

I always do it in 3dsmax

2 hours ago, RedMonika said:

So, Casio has the same shape with CBBE? I don't necessarily need to change anything I use with CBBE like skin texture or armor mods? I have a crap ton of armor mods and a crap ton of CBBE armor mashups

In essence Cosio is a CBBE body with additions (sliders, bones, polygons and a working animated vagina).

The default shape with all sliders on 0 is the same, except that Cosio will be a bit more round thanks to additonal polygons. This is especially visible at the shoulders.

For textures... it depends. CBBE textures don't have the parts for the inside of the vagina. Without a texture the inside of the vagina will appear a solid colour, the exact colour depending on enviromental lighting, active spell effects and sometimes it seems pure randomness.

In other words if you plan to have the female characters have sex, you really want to have a Cosio texture (or you can copy the vagina parts from a cosio texture into your favourite CBBE texture. That should be possible in theory, though I never tried it myself).

Other than the vagina, CBBE textures work fine on the cosio body.

8 hours ago, RedMonika said:

You gonna need from CosioHD a main body skin patch it has almost for every body textures patches included and they are compatible with CBBE.

Hi, I believe everyone know the famous armor Aradia Kato

but is that possible to make Aradia kato outfit to one piece armor from multiple part??

once i install Maria eden or DDA, there will become either the corset or bra to choose to wear

(sorry for my poor english, which is mean when i put on the bra, the corset will automatic unequip 

yes is very old armor but i like it XD

17 minutes ago, sexhaizai said:

Hi, I believe everyone know the famous armor Aradia Kato

but is that possible to make Aradia kato outfit to one piece armor from multiple part??

once i install Maria eden or DDA, there will become either the corset or bra to choose to wear

(sorry for my poor english, which is mean when i put on the bra, the corset will automatic unequip 

yes is very old armor but i like it XD

Short answer yes...

You can either change esp and nifs slots to match what you want or combine in nifskope or outfit studio mesh pieces to achieve same.

Sounds like from your description bra and corset use same slot but looking at the meshes in Aradia Kato mod the bra uses 32 and the corset 49 so you should be able to wear at same time. So the other mods you mention are most likely the issue and I don't know either of those.

EDIT

I found other version of that mod on my hard drive that has bra as 46 and corset as 56, again no conflict.

1 hour ago, Imperfection said:

Short answer yes...

You can either change esp and nifs slots to match what you want or combine in nifskope or outfit studio mesh pieces to achieve same.

Sounds like from your description bra and corset use same slot but looking at the meshes in Aradia Kato mod the bra uses 32 and the corset 49 so you should be able to wear at same time. So the other mods you mention are most likely the issue and I don't know either of those.

EDIT

I found other version of that mod on my hard drive that has bra as 46 and corset as 56, again no conflict.

good to hear this,

so i need nifskope and creation kit to combine skirt corset and bra in i slot right??

yesterday i just simply copy paste in nifskope but nothing happen

I dont use creation kit, i iuse xedit to build my own gear mod so cant speak to ck

in nifskope you have to change each mesh piece's partition (slot) number to match your esp, simple copy and paste is not enough. So if for example bra is 32 and corset is 49 you can copy mesh from corset to bra and then change partition number of corset mesh to match bra in this case 49 > 32. Then the esp would not have to be changed it would just load what you want on slot 32 the bra&corset combo you made, just put your combo mesh in folder same name as bra original.

You can same in Outfit Studio as well if your more comfortable with that.

Spoiler

434864575_skychangepartition.jpg.4fd30e02746e8421c9c8aa64f5ae2e5f.jpg

On 8/5/2019 at 12:00 PM, Amethyst456 said:

You don't need to create a new esp. In most of my convert I still use the original esp, I only need to edit the esp if the outfit has texture set (to reorder the texture).

If the outfit still has original body, it may because:

- You forgot to build the outfit in BS

- You change the name of the file while saving the outfit in OS, so when you build the outfit in BS, it creates new nif files instead of modify the original nif. 

I trying to convert outfits with texture sets and when finishing the conversion in outfit studio, of coarse there is only one texture in game because saving the project somehow screws up texture sets even though I left all the names the same.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?  The above quote line "I only need to edit the esp if the outfit has texture set (to reorder the texture)."  Is there a video or something anywhere with a step by step process?  This is a huge pain in me arse!

4 hours ago, RJMAN said:

I trying to convert outfits with texture sets and when finishing the conversion in outfit studio, of coarse there is only one texture in game because saving the project somehow screws up texture sets even though I left all the names the same.  Can someone please point me in the right direction?  The above quote line "I only need to edit the esp if the outfit has texture set (to reorder the texture)."  Is there a video or something anywhere with a step by step process?  This is a huge pain in me arse!

What are you trying to do?

1 hour ago, RedMonika said:

What are you trying to do?

For example, I tried to convert the Goma bikini set to a different body.  MB1 bikini in game has like 6 to 8 different colors but all uses the same mesh.  When you follow the basic guide for converting outfits to cbbe and get to save project, (I leave all the names the same as well), something happens after you save to where now all the bikinis will be the same color.  Which is usually black.  Everything is converted to the new body because I did change out the old one with cbbe, but there is that problem and for the life of me I've searched all the internet for a solution and cannot find one.  None of the guides talk about this.