Immersive First Person View with SexLab--Works Quite Well

Blackbryre

Check that you have a profile setup for 'custom' animations (it's profile 5 by default in the newest version). Set the clipping distance very low, and you're all set.

It works really well, and even looks pretty dang realistic when my character is giving BJs. On some of the Sexlab animations I have to back her off from her partner a bit more than I would when watching the animation in 3rd person, but it's pretty rad overall.

The problem with this type of mod is that when your in 1st person view and have the camera too close to an object it starts to turn invisible, if your using it during a sexlab scene you end up seeing one of the actors insides, like thier teeth or something, thats not very immersive. I couldn't find an option that stopped it from happening in the MCM menu either so it kinda ruins the mod. Is it possible to stop this from happening?

Yes, if you are using default profiles then go to profile 5, change forward / back distance to around 50 and set both near distance values to 10 or even 5 (they are 30 on there by default). If head still goes into partner's body then it's part of the animation try seeing it in 3rd person you will see.

The problem with this type of mod is that when your in 1st person view and have the camera too close to an object it starts to turn invisible, if your using it during a sexlab scene you end up seeing one of the actors insides, like thier teeth or something, thats not very immersive. I couldn't find an option that stopped it from happening in the MCM menu either so it kinda ruins the mod. Is it possible to stop this from happening?

You need to set the view further in to the head in the profile you have for custom animations (default is 5), I use around 10 to 15 any more and you cant see past your own chest. I set the near and far clipping to 0 as well.

It also helps if you can use an invisible helmet or the Dragon priest masks aren't to bad either if you don't want to be headless when switching to full third person view.

Or for the lolz use an invisible helmet in conjunction with the Dovacore Helmet (need the space core DLC fot it), great for immersion during submerged sexual acts.

well seems you can tick it to disable the view when you aim a bow. I've been trying that and it seems to do ok. however, sometimes it seems to revert back to a bunch of bounce I've toned down after sheathing the bow. I have to toggle the key to inactive back to first person to get it to "remember" my settings.

Yes of course I know this, but the stated goal is to never use Bethesda's crummy first person again! Also I was being silly.

I think archery isn't actually that bad, as long as it's not attempted from stealth. Stealth in general is very shaky, but that's because of the way the character animations work and I don't know if there's anything this mod could do about it.

Maybe add XP32's new bow animations? There's also a sneal animation replacer I played with that gave a crawl on all fours option (think of the potential for SL mods! :D) and a more Catwoman-like version of sneaking.

I may have to put those back on just to see for myself!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using this for quite a while and given the quantity of people who fail to configure this mod properly, I will now share one of my favorite presets.

Compatibility:

I'm using a UNP body replacement mod with mature textures, and a Breton character. Not sure how it works on other races, but if you have a breton female character, it should work well.

You can use any of the preset slots, just remember to set up your own keybinds later.

Preset:

cnzFAZW.jpg

Screenshots:

SFW:

eIoGVCX.jpg

7uCze41.jpg

oIya7Ks.jpg

NSFW:

This is your last chance to turn back...

TEBcOy1.jpg

Pt1wAwj.jpg

Use this, modify this, share this. I was trying to get the perfect eye level, but so far the POV is a point on top of the nose. If it were possible to have a merge of two cameras overlapping from each eye to simulate real-life vision, that would be awesome, but for now, for non-oculus users, this should be the best possible first person breton experience.

I've been using this for quite a while and given the quantity of people who fail to configure this mod properly, I will now share one of my favorite presets.

Compatibility:

I'm using a UNP body replacement mod with mature textures, and a Breton character. Not sure how it works on other races, but if you have a breton female character, it should work well.

You can use any of the preset slots, just remember to set up your own keybinds later.

Preset:

cnzFAZW.jpg

Screenshots:

SFW:

eIoGVCX.jpg

7uCze41.jpg

oIya7Ks.jpg

NSFW:

TEBcOy1.jpg

Pt1wAwj.jpg

Use this, modify this, share this. I was trying to get the perfect eye level, but so far the POV is a point on top of the nose. If it were possible to have a merge of two cameras overlapping from each eye to simulate real-life vision, that would be awesome, but for now, for non-oculus users, this should be the best possible first person breton experience.

I've set up my IFP just like that as well, also made a "glasses" profile where you can actually see the glasses in front of your eyes. It's not really practical though, vision field up/down reduced to 15° and left/right to 25°, that means you can't move much. 

Also, presets for IFP are kind of useless, since it depends largely on face presets. If I try yours for example, well the camera glitches through the forehead when I look on the sides. 

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Compatibility:

Preset:

cnzFAZW.jpg

Screenshots:

SFW:

eIoGVCX.jpg

7uCze41.jpg

oIya7Ks.jpg

NSFW:

TEBcOy1.jpg

Pt1wAwj.jpg

Hiii !

Thanks a lot for sharing these config settings !

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to make the angle even more than 181 for up/down view? In some animations you really wanna look pretty much all the way around?

I've tried editing this in the config file (you can export a config file), but even if I increase the angle there and the numbers in MCM says 300degrees - its still at an effective 181.

Thats on my wishlist :)

Increasing the headbobbing helps with the angle, but as you increase it further it gets impossible to watch - cause too much violent looking around (because viewpoint is attached to the eyes/head)

Also making the viewpoint attach to something else would probably fix this whole thing (i.e attach it to the neck/chest) Cause usually the chest/neck is much more in one place than the head thrashing around (dont ask why my head is thrashing around, lol).

btw Im a retired gamedev/modder thats looking into picking it up again as a hobby, and I have some plans (crazy ones) - hopefully they will see the light of day. And this forum is definately the place for them.

• 1 month later...

Been a while since i did the setup for this mod...

Immersive First Person MCM - profile #13 -> enable custom 1

Then you can finetune this profile#13 with some things that others probably have posted plenty of times, like disable the headbob, move the camera so far back that you just can't see your own face, etc.

HOWEVER this only works with animations that have the 3rd person camera set up properly, and using an oral animation is a pretty bad idea just like anything else that can potentially obstruct the camera.

Archived