Immersive First Person View with SexLab--Works Quite Well

Blackbryre

Using this with Sexlab and an Oculus Rift, well it is pretty realistic now I would say.

A fantastic mod that works well in Skyrim overall, with and without Sexlab and a must have for Oculus Rift users.

Makes me wonder...

Does this mod include manual mouselook? Moving just the camera, I mean. That's the way I always imagined using the Rift... one stick move, one stick rotate, head moving to shift camera and look around a bit.

(Skyrim computer isn't working, would have def tried this mod otherwise)

It does. Be aware it's not a real one, like you could see in ArmA for example, and the head of your character won't actually follow your crosshair which can lead to some clipping issues.

But yes you can. When you are standing still and during idle animations.

Doesn't go that well with some positions but I can manage with that. Oh and it's easy to change the distance in pov if the camera goes INTO the other persons head. Changing the distance there solves that problem.

Doesn't really solve the problem since if you push the value too far it will cause clipping with your OWN head.

I'm still waiting for a mod that makes YOUR head invisible, some guy did it but he won't release shit.

Doesn't go that well with some positions but I can manage with that. Oh and it's easy to change the distance in pov if the camera goes INTO the other persons head. Changing the distance there solves that problem.

Doesn't really solve the problem since if you push the value too far it will cause clipping with your OWN head.

I'm still waiting for a mod that makes YOUR head invisible, some guy did it but he won't release shit.

Just need someone to release an invisible helmet, one of the ones that removes the headmesh like the Heavy Imperial one for example, then turn it invisible.

Equip that and bingo.

Well that's just awesome. Now I just need a way to toggle it so the invisible helmet comes off whenever I switch to 3rd person. Maybe 'More Hotkeys, Please' can accomplish this! Hmm.

I haven't really used hotkeys in skyrim, do they work similarly to oblivion?  If so, you could just set the hotkey for the helmet to be the same as toggling your first person view, and it should unequip when you enter first person and reequip when you exit.  But like I said I may not know how the hotkeys in skyrim really work.

Using this with Sexlab and an Oculus Rift, well it is pretty realistic now I would say.

A fantastic mod that works well in Skyrim overall, with and without Sexlab and a must have for Oculus Rift users.

I have the developer kit now but don't you get really queezy and dizzy with all the bobbing? I don't want to loose my lunch looking around right now lol...

I'm still trying to find a way to make blowjobs give off a realistic view. Right now even at the nearest value I tried, the body of the receiver still disappears

are you sure you are in 'near' mode?  make sure you have a hotkey bound to switch between near and far.  sometimes the mod doesn't make the best choice for you.

During sex a profile is used that will have near mode same as far mode (30). So that wouldn't help him. I'm beginning to think that these values work differently for everyone from the reports I have got. Try settings like 5 or 10 of near distances on "custom" profile.

During sex a profile is used that will have near mode same as far mode (30). So that wouldn't help him. I'm beginning to think that these values work differently for everyone from the reports I have got. Try settings like 5 or 10 of near distances on "custom" profile.

Skyrim is the most inconsistent platform I've ever developed on :P

Well that's just awesome. Now I just need a way to toggle it so the invisible helmet comes off whenever I switch to 3rd person. Maybe 'More Hotkeys, Please' can accomplish this! Hmm.

I haven't really used hotkeys in skyrim, do they work similarly to oblivion?  If so, you could just set the hotkey for the helmet to be the same as toggling your first person view, and it should unequip when you enter first person and reequip when you exit.  But like I said I may not know how the hotkeys in skyrim really work.

I forgot to report back!

I never used the hotkeys in Oblivion that I recall, but it sounds like they do work the same, because I did basically what you said... I had already set 'F' to toggle IFP (don't need Bethesda's 1st person anymore!), so I used 'More Hotkeys' to also set 'F' to equip/unequip the invisible helmet. Worked like a charm! 

The only problems with it are pretty obvious: 1) enemies can take it away during mods such as Submit or Sanguine's, 2) sometimes the toggle gets reversed (but that's easily fixed), and 3) it only makes your character's head invisible, not any headgear you are wearing. That means you can still have to set your 'distance' out a bit, which sucks, but still alright.

I forgot to report back!

I never used the hotkeys in Oblivion that I recall, but it sounds like they do work the same, because I did basically what you said... I had already set 'F' to toggle IFP (don't need Bethesda's 1st person anymore!), so I used 'More Hotkeys' to also set 'F' to equip/unequip the invisible helmet. Worked like a charm! 

The only problems with it are pretty obvious: 1) enemies can take it away during mods such as Submit or Sanguine's, 2) sometimes the toggle gets reversed (but that's easily fixed), and 3) it only makes your character's head invisible, not any headgear you are wearing. That means you can still have to set your 'distance' out a bit, which sucks, but still alright.

Glad I could pass the idea along.  For the items being stolen thing, I suppose the helmet could be made into a quest item, then you could just hit "limited removal" and so forth and they couldn't take it from you.  Unfortunately I know nothing about the invisible armour mod, so it might come down to needing to use the CK to make them quest items yourself, but in theory it could work.

Have never liked playing 1st person view in skyrim had always played 3rd person and with sexlab just used tfc for a 'fake' 1st person view.

But i decided to give this a go since op said it works well with sexlab and all i can say is ...........wow!

You can use it in werewolves form, havn't tried it but i wonder what it'll be like with sexlabwerewolves mod, were you can rape as a werewolf  :D.

Look at the compatibility section in the description here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49036/?

There's a bunch of things to try just for that.

And yeah I am using SOS, zaz, sexlab and many many other things that use MCM menu and never had a problem. I don't know really. :-/

If you have used "optimization" of papyrus INI section that could also cause this to happen.

Added this last part to the compatibility as well as I just remembered it. :P

Archived