Evi1Panda Posted February 1 Author Posted February 1 Quote Did the files actually get saved? Oh yes, actually it is need to now how exactly it doesn't work. Log should help.
newsletter Posted February 1 Posted February 1 Form what i understand in was able to access the date/aaf files and read them and create a override files but not able to add to the override file Ps: all other mods I tried worked
Evi1Panda Posted February 1 Author Posted February 1 1 hour ago, newsletter said: Form what i understand in was able to access the date/aaf files and read them and create a override files but not able to add to the override file Ps: all other mods I tried worked You're avoiding the question. The questions were quite specific: Does NAF work (and, as a follow-up, how did you understand this?) and provide the log.
newsletter Posted February 2 Posted February 2 Naf works and their is no other logs however with debug on I remember seeing the aaf animation files in the NAFicator debug
Evi1Panda Posted February 2 Author Posted February 2 6 hours ago, newsletter said: Naf works and their is no other logs however with debug on I remember seeing the aaf animation files in the NAFicator debug F4SE makes default logs. In win logs placed in MyDocs/MyGames/Fallout 4/F4SE/modname.log.
Tseverin Posted February 2 Posted February 2 On 1/27/2026 at 8:03 PM, dosfox said: If you are using MO2 the files are in Overwrite/NAF. I forgot to mention that I didn't find them there when I said I didn't know where the files went.
Tseverin Posted February 2 Posted February 2 @Evi1Panda Is it possible to swap genders in some animations? I tried editing .xmls to achieve this and then run NAFicator and the game crashes to desktop. Maybe I didn't edit the .xmls correctly?
dosfox Posted February 2 Posted February 2 (edited) Panda's NAF XML Authoring Guide is the definitive guide to NAF XML structure and content. If you are editing XML files you should be familiar with this. Try using @Dlinny_Lag's excellent AAF XML scanner to check your edited files. It detects most syntax errors. Edited February 2 by dosfox
Tseverin Posted February 2 Posted February 2 12 hours ago, dosfox said: Panda's NAF XML Authoring Guide is the definitive guide to NAF XML structure and content. If you are editing XML files you should be familiar with this. Try using @Dlinny_Lag's excellent AAF XML scanner to check your edited files. It detects most syntax errors. Yep. I went to through the naficator logs and found the problem last night.
Evi1Panda Posted February 2 Author Posted February 2 (edited) 13 hours ago, dosfox said: Try using @Dlinny_Lag's excellent AAF XML scanner to check your edited files. It detects most syntax errors. It's just set to AAF, it's not showing anything critical. It shows that it doesn't like the furniture id format (0x). This is a natural way to display hex numbers, not just a set of numbers and letters. NAF Bridge works perfectly with this. I'm sure we can ask @Dlinny_Lag to add Bridge-compatible version! P.S. And yes, it definitely performs more thorough checks in some areas, such as verifying the presence of furniture for a position and checking that all sequences for the same actors are correct in staged animations. This is convenient and important, and once again confirms that this tool should be utilized. However, I do not observe any issues with the syntax in NAFicated files. Edited February 2 by Evi1Panda
Franco Cozzo Posted February 3 Posted February 3 4 hours ago, newsletter said: I don't know why but NAFicator works now The magic of modding! Love when that happens.
Samhsay Posted February 17 Posted February 17 Is Savage Cabbage nafication doing right? I just have only two or three naficated animations in list.
Evi1Panda Posted February 17 Author Posted February 17 1 hour ago, Samhsay said: Is Savage Cabbage nafication doing right? I just have only two or three naficated animations in list. Then look at logs. Nobody knows whats happening inside your system.
Hpl55 Posted September 30 Posted September 30 (edited) I am not sure how to make sense of this: 1- have no aaf folder in root/data so i used the mo2 mod aaf folder with its xml, correct? 2- when i do that, does the tool see all the other xml animations from other mods? Does it register aaf-themes…. And patches? Do i have to deactivate all of them too? What about mods that need aaf and patches? because if not 3- i have missing masters to aaf.esm wich i deactivated. There is no aaf dummy plugin. Do i ignore the missing masters error? Edit 4. well missing masters CTD. 5. animation data in NAF folder is. 1.512kb does that sound right with about 8 animation packs and other mods with animations?? Edited September 30 by Hpl55
Hpl55 Posted October 1 Posted October 1 Hmm i think i did all that you say is needed. But i ctd on new game. i deleted all XML from AAF Folders of all AAF mods (like Amputator) that was correct? i enable Animation esp and aaf addon mod esps like just buisness correct? i do not use aaf U patch or themes esl?! can anyone help out why i ctd on load/new game?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now