So upgrading to this version requires vcomp120.dll. And I've read in a few places the only way to get this DLL is to install Microsoft Visual studio 2013. Isn't that asking a bit much for every person to install Visual Studio just to get this DLL? Since it's part of the VS 2013 redistributables, why isn't it just included with the package?

Edit: today's your lucky day. After a lot of frustrated searching, I finally found where one can download the VS2013 redistributable packages directly from Microsoft, without having to install Visual Studio itself.

(x86): http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9832156

(x64): http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9832146

Microsoft doesn't make this info easy to find, so perhaps you can add this to the mod description so those who need the redistributables can easily find them. :)

It should be part of the VC++ redistributable package. You pretty much can't run half of current games without it so I don't think it's too much to ask. Perhaps you installed some older version a long time ago that happened to me once.

I think this is a problem, because neither Skyrim nor SKSE need this particular VC++ redistributable package (VC++ 12 for x86).

I can confirm version 1.9 doesn't need this package, and version 2.1 does (no idea about 2.0)

I'd like to know what has changed in storageUtil since 1.9. Something in the IDE? New C++ stuff that needs the newer dlls?

Please could you add it as a requirement for PapyrusUtil?

It should be part of the VC++ redistributable package. You pretty much can't run half of current games without it so I don't think it's too much to ask. Perhaps you installed some older version a long time ago that happened to me once.

Sorry but that's not really true. Most games aren't made with Visual C++ 2013. Very few places use it in fact because it's so new. VC 2010 is still pretty much the most popular compiler. Businesses don't jump on the latest version, they allow it to mature and for problems to be ironed out before using it mainstream. Not to mention it can cost Enterprise users a lot to constantly upgrade. If a newer version doesn't bring anything to the table for a company's products, there's no real incentive to upgrade.

And yes I buy modern games. Not a single one uses VC 2013. They all use 2008 or 2010. VC 2008 was the first compiler For windows 7, which is now by far the target platform for windows. So thus why most games use that or newer. But unless a company just started out in the last 2 years, it's unlikely they would have 2012 or 2013. Heck, Personally I still use VC 2005, and it works just dandy. It was targeted at Windows Vista, and since Win 7/8 can run Vista programs just fine (and windows XP programs as well), it's all good.

It's also possible this DLL comes with window 8, since it's newer. But for people like me sticking with windows 7, it's just not going to be there. It would just be nice to add the link to your listing so those who need it can find it easily.

Ok added link. I compiled last versions with C++ 11 support to get few algorithms working more easily without needing to write my own (case insensitive text search). This shouldn't really be necessary and I didn't know it would cause so many problems, I'll try to remember to compile older version again next time I update.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got export/import animation adjustments to json working for the most part now with the current version 2.1, any chance I could get you to recompile it with the older VC though? I'm real hesitant to release a new sexlab with the feature if it means also having to deal with the inevitable massive support headache of making people install VC2013 redistributable.

If case insensitive text search is the primary motivator for the newer version, why not just simply make the string compare lowercase versions of all string lookups?

A way to simply get a value from the JSON file rather than just straight importing it to StorageUtil would also be dandy, A JSON equivalent of the File functions.

Any chance of also simplifying the resulting json files? They are really overly verbose and make editing them a bit odd as the scope of of the form key your editing is all over the place, I'm assuming they are that way as you just tied them to the storage structure, but if possible it'd be nice if they instead formatted something like this:

{
   {
      "key" : [ 77, 268843487, "SexLab.esm" ],
      "intlist": {
         "SexLabReverseCowgirl.Positions" : [ 0, 3, 1, -1 ]
      },
      "floatlist" : {
         "SexLabReverseCowgirl.Adjust.NordRaceF.NordRaceM" : [
         ],
         "SexLabReverseCowgirl.Adjust.NordRaceF.BretonRaceM": [
         ]
      }
   }

}

as opposed to the current style which looks something like this:

{
   "intlist" : [
      {
         "value" : [
            {
               "key" : "SexLabReverseCowgirl.Positions",
               "value" : [ 0, 3, 1, -1 ]
            }
         ]
      }
   ],
   "floatlist" : [
      {
            {
               "key" : "SexLabReverseCowgirl.Adjust.NordRaceF.NordRaceM",
               ]
            },
            {
               "key" : "SexLabReverseCowgirl.Adjust.NordRaceF.BretonRaceM",
               ]
            },
         ]
      }
   ]
}

Same message for me: missing vcomp90.dll

storageutil 1.9 has references to vcomp100.dll. Maybe everybody have that version?

I had installed C++ 2010 redistributable, version 10.0.40219, since december 2013 it seems (also a bunch of 2005's and 2008's)

BTW, SKSE doesn't use vcomp*.dll at all.

I run a search for vcomp90.dll on my windows dir, and found 9 of em. 4 for x64 and 5 for x86. What do we miss?

googe-fu said: either "#include <omp.h>" is missing in the code, or dll is compiled in debug mode, not release mode. Or... well, something else.

Did something change in a newer release that I'm not aware of? In an older version, I was able to go storageutil.setfloatvalue(playerRef, "breastcurrent", netImmerse.getnodescale(playerRef, "NPC L Breast", false)). In the newer version, if I try this and try to retrieve the value right after, I get zeroes back. Do I need to use temporary variables as an inbetween now?

Yes it should work I used it like that in another mod. Maybe new version has messed up something like dweezer said.

I will have to do another test.... I noticed my code was missing something when I switched to global variables.

Thanks for confirming there wasn't any known restrictions with MCM.

I fixed my issue with PapyrusUtil. I found that the SL Framework (1.39b) that is on my system was using the compiled version of StorageUtil.dll that was 510 kb in size. When I replaced it with a fixed one at 474 kb, suddenly everything variable-related was working again. Go fig, that's what I get for using MO and not checking who's overwriting what.

• 3 weeks later...

Handful of people reporting SexLab giving the error for PapyrusUtil not being version 2.2 despite being 100% sure it's using the latest version, apparently the game loads up fine, but the PapyrusUtil papyrus functions all fail to bind, making the version check SexLab does return false. Some have also reported that installing vcomp100.dll fixes the issue for them. Any idea why this might be the case or if a fix is possible?

I also have some suspicions that the current version of PapyrusUtil is what's causing the corrupted save some people have been getting as well, and looking at their skse logs they all fail and corrupt after failing to create the .skse save file whenever saving the game. May be related to the above or something else entirely, just putting it out there incase you have any idea or suspicions yourself..

Also any chance of releasing source code? I'm working on learning C++ and SKSE plugin development to move some of the sexlab functions off papyrus, something to tear apart and poke at would help a lot in that process.

Handful of people reporting SexLab giving the error for PapyrusUtil not being version 2.2 despite being 100% sure it's using the latest version, apparently the game loads up fine, but the PapyrusUtil papyrus functions all fail to bind, making the version check SexLab does return false. Some have also reported that installing vcomp100.dll fixes the issue for them. Any idea why this might be the case or if a fix is possible?

I also have some suspicions that the current version of PapyrusUtil is what's causing the corrupted save some people have been getting as well, and looking at their skse logs they all fail and corrupt after failing to create the .skse save file whenever saving the game. May be related to the above or something else entirely, just putting it out there incase you have any idea or suspicions yourself..

Also any chance of releasing source code? I'm working on learning C++ and SKSE plugin development to move some of the sexlab functions off papyrus, something to tear apart and poke at would help a lot in that process.

Ashal, you should check the source of JContainers, the mod is hosted here on LL and the source on GH. I know SL doesn't use JContainers, but it is a alternative storage framework for Papyrus developers if you want to see how SKSE plugins are developed using C++, etc.

Ashal, you should check the source of JContainers, the mod is hosted here on LL and the source on GH. I know SL doesn't use JContainers, but it is a alternative storage framework for Papyrus developers if you want to see how SKSE plugins are developed using C++, etc.

It's not just storage stuff I want to pick at, that kind of stuff is all very untethered from the Skyrim stuff itself, being almost entirely just an interface for the storage engine. Making it mostly useless in respects to wanting to figure out the Skyrim parts of it specifically