Texturing Questions...

delilah

this is NOT working out for me.

some setting must have gotten changed or shome shit because i NEVER had this problem before.

i did just as you said...  or tried to.

the only way i know of to access the uvw editor is by adding the unwrap uvw modifier.  so i did that.

then i opened the editor

selected all the verts

CRTL-W ( weld selected)

stupid green lines go away

export as nif

import into 3dsmax...

fucking green lines everywhere again!!!

its not happening on import because the mesh is fucked up in bodyslide2 also

the only preference changes i made today was to adjust the gamma...  but i didnt like it and set it to the original again.

i opened one of the snake armor scenes from a couple weeks ago and exported a nif with no problem.  it imported just as it was supposed to

so, i have no idea what i have done wrong.

EDIT:

im gonna see if i can export this armor from the other scene

Well assuming you did collapse the unwrap UVW modifier to the stack, have you added a smooth modifier above the edit mesh/poly modifier before export?

i dont usually collapse the stack...  i just leave it as is and export.  as far as the smooth goes...

BSDismember

Skin

smooth (4)

editable mesh

by the way...  xreferencing the current scene into the older armor's scene worked at first...  but the offset was terrible.  when i cleared out the old scene, and referenced the new one, it turned to shit again.

EDIT:

it looks like collapsing the uvw before i export has fixed the issue.

thanks a ton, vioxsis!

BSDismember

Skin

smooth (4)

Unwrap UVW

editable mesh

Add it there weld the verts and then right click it and pick 'collapse to'

Then try exporting it, if it still does not work would you mind sending me the .max so i can look at it myself?

actually, what i did was add the unwrap uvw, weld verts, collapse to, then added smooth, skin and dismember and exported.  no broken verts and loose faces in bodyslide 2 now.  YAY!  *\o/*

armor looks great in game now except for the crushed breasts im getting.  but i think that is from the HTD stuff i have installed. i had been using the havok hair and tried the havok item to add collision to all my armors, but the 2 items clashed, i think.with the hair and the item equiped, my boobs froze at odd angles.  with no hair and just the item i get crushed boobs when i wear tbbp armor, and with just the hair it flowed really slowly when i stopped moving....  like i was on mars or some other shithole with low gravity.

• 1 month later...

so, im back...  been a little busy while tax season was in full swing, but it is winding down now.

Vioxsis,

i have spent the last week messing around with this same armor but it does not want to play nice.  i think i have the crushed breast issue licked but it still opens up all the edges when i export the mesh and try to tweak it in outfit studio. i have noticed something though...  if i export the nif from max and open it in outfit studio everything seems ok, but outfit studio throws an exception and crashes when i try to safe.  however, if i fix all the lighting shader issues in nifskope first, studio doesnt crash when i save but all the edges are open.  so maybe my issue lies in nifskope?  anyways, i have no clue what to try next so i am taking you up on your offer and sending you the max file.  it is my most recent and up to date version of the armor and i hope you can get it sorted out.

thanks in advance

@ vioxsis

Thank you so much for working on that armor for me.  the panty and skirt textures were offset but i think it is all moot anyways because i discovered something...

i made a copy of the nif you sent and was working with that when i noticed that the skirt was still appearing  with broken verts everywhere...  even when i loaded your original nif into max.  so i tried to figure out why they would be broken in max now but not in OS so i took a better look at my nif import setting.  i have never checked the "weld verts on import" box because before OS you  needed 2 versions of the armor (_0 and _1) and welding verts would change vert counts...  also i was ALWAYS setting the weld verts threshhold on export to 0.0000 instead of the default 0.0100.  Long story short... S  welding verts on import and export fixes the whole issue.

however, i am still having a crushed breast issue. my version of the Schwertleite armor looks great in max and even in OS but, once in game the breasts get flattened.  its not so noticeable with huge boobs, but my character keeps them at a less extreme level and the crush is very noticeable.  i remember posting about this in a different thread and i "thought" i had it solved but it is still there.  i will search for the other thread and edit this post with a link, but if you happen to know how to fix it...  since your nif doesnt have the crush issue.

thanks in advance

here is the link to my crushed breast post...  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24246-bodyslide-20-and-outfit-studio-out-now/page-32?do=findComment&comment=640124  iirc i tried stuffed_bunny's 3rd suggestion.  but it still doesnt seem to work

i will play with it more though

EDIT:

i will try to describe this as accurately and as briefly as i can...  originally my issue consisted of my armor "floating" a little bit above the boobs.  he armor moved and jiggled like it should, it just didnt line up with the actual boobs.  now i have the inverse happening.  my boobs are positioned where the armor was, and the armor is now sunken a little bit to where the boobs used to be.  as i have absolutely no idea how i managed this i therefore have no clue how to fix it

Archived