NudeShy X (X5 BETA #10.4)

Maybe ecchi chest traps? Though this endeavour involves planning ahead the compatibility for Maskar Oblivion Overhaul and Oscuro Oblivion Overhaul.

I'd love to have some kind of random pervert mage spawn inside cities. The given pervert mage NPC would cast ecchi spell on player or female NPCs and disappear/run away etc.

Maybe ecchi chest traps? Though this endeavour involves planning ahead the compatibility for Maskar Oblivion Overhaul and Oscuro Oblivion Overhaul.

I'd love to have some kind of random pervert mage spawn inside cities. The given pervert mage NPC would cast ecchi spell on player or female NPCs and disappear/run away etc.

This kind of reminds me of an idea I had where wolves would randomly, instead of battling, steal some clothing and run away. :P

Good idea. I might do both.

Chest traps sounds like an interesting idea. I'd implement it using code so it wouldn't conflict it with anything.

But what would a chest trap do? Spawn an armor damaging razor whirlwind or something when opened?

Not sure if this is possible in the settings, but is there a way to configure it so the NPC doesn't take ANY damage until their clothing is at least partially or fully destroyed?

Yeah, it's possible. OBSE is pretty versatile.

I could add that to the next version pretty easily.

edit: How should it work?

Sorry I'm just jumping in here, but I'm curious.

How to negate the damage taken with obse?

Is it possible within one frame, without messing with the maximum health value?

It's actually surprisingly simple. ^_^

Use an "onhealthdamage" eventhandler

To get the one being damaged (because the two variables accepted by the function are damage and attacker), use getself.

so

target := getself

target.modav health (abs damage)

is all you need to negate all incoming damage. I use absolute value because "damage" is actually a negative number applied to the character.

It adds the amount the character is being damage for before the moment before the health is applied to the character, so it cancels it out.

This mod is amazing. I am impressed by the amount of work put into customization options.

Some issues or confusion I experience during my testing:

These two variables don't seem to have any effect. Any keywords I put don't result into my character covering herself up when wearing such items.

"takeplayeroptions.CountAsNudeUpper"

"takeplayeroptions.CountAsNudeLower"

Also the only way I was able to get the game to remove armor when it hits 0 health was to set "nudeshychanceofbreakoffbrokenarmor" to a value greater than 0. ex. 100. Given the comment for this variable, I thought it was a special case for the breakundies system, which I am not using. I thought "nudeshyunequipbrokenarmorsetting" was the variable that controlled if armor would be removed or not, as the comment states. Hopefully you can understand my confusion.

Lastly, I am confused on the functionality of the "nudeshyundergarments" module. I would have thought that once armor or clothing got removed, the game would equip the appropriate undergarments. This was not the case because it seems that the game is unable to do so when "nudeshycantequiparmorduringbattle" is set to 1. Setting it to 0 resulted in auto-equipping the undergarments. Is this intended? I figured that variable's purpose was to stop manual equipping not auto-equipping.

Hope you can clear this up. Thanks.

I found another mysterious crash and fixed it. Turns out, male NPCs were using very old code. XD whoops!

So I updated their code to match the code used for female NPCs. I also updated the male player character code as well.

The next version should run a lot smoother.

This mod is amazing. I am impressed by the amount of work put into customization options.

Some issues or confusion I experience during my testing:

These two variables don't seem to have any effect. Any keywords I put don't result into my character covering herself up when wearing such items.

"takeplayeroptions.CountAsNudeUpper"

"takeplayeroptions.CountAsNudeLower"

Hmm.... you're the second person to tell me their count as nude options aren't working. It's strange that this problem isn't shared between everybody, but I think I may have a fix for it.

Try it with the next version and if it still doesn't work, then let's go from there.

This is a pretty difficult bug to fix, though, as the bug doesn't seem to be shared between everybody and I can't seem to replicate it. :/

Also the only way I was able to get the game to remove armor when it hits 0 health was to set "nudeshychanceofbreakoffbrokenarmor" to a value greater than 0. ex. 100. Given the comment for this variable, I thought it was a special case for the breakundies system, which I am not using. I thought "nudeshyunequipbrokenarmorsetting" was the variable that controlled if armor would be removed or not, as the comment states. Hopefully you can understand my confusion.

Look for the option to turn off breakundies support. Sometimes OBSE misfires the check (or sometimes it's just a conincidence) and thinks that your armor is breakundies compatible.

Or you can try it with the next version which I will be releasing shortly. I included an extra check that won't let that happen if you are not running BreakUndies.esm.

Lastly, I am confused on the functionality of the "nudeshyundergarments" module. I would have thought that once armor or clothing got removed, the game would equip the appropriate undergarments. This was not the case because it seems that the game is unable to do so when "nudeshycantequiparmorduringbattle" is set to 1. Setting it to 0 resulted in auto-equipping the undergarments. Is this intended? I figured that variable's purpose was to stop manual equipping not auto-equipping.

Actually, that's a strange bug that you've found. It should be able to detect underwear and attempt to equip over it.

I'll be fixing that soon.

Is there any difference between 9.5 ini files and 9.6 ini files? Will the 9.6

mod run fine on 9.5 ini files? Do you recommend clean save with each update? I upgrade each version of nudeshy with clean save and wonder if it is recommended/necessary. It just happen I upgraded to 9.5 yesterday and I am too lazy too upgrade to again. :D

Just trying the new beta 9.6. Problem I had earlier with bombshell skin I'm getting part cleared, works OK when cuirass or greaves are destroyed now, but still have the same problem when boots or gauntlets are destroyed.

Also, in a fight with the new nudeshyenhancedarmorprotection option set to 1 was getting this in the console log, though it didn't seem to do any harm and not seeing it when set to 2.

Error in script 8d0360b1
Division by zero
    File: Nudeshy X.esp Offset: 0x02CB Command: Let
Error in script 8d0360b1
Operator / failed to evaluate to a valid result
    File: Nudeshy X.esp Offset: 0x02CB Command: Let
Error in script 8d0360b1
Division by zero
    File: Nudeshy X.esp Offset: 0x02FE Command: Let
Error in script 8d0360b1
Operator / failed to evaluate to a valid result
    File: Nudeshy X.esp Offset: 0x02FE Command: Let

I found issue related to First Person Enhanced Camera by LogicDragon and Nudeshy. I always wondered what caused first person camera twitching upon switching from 3rd person to 1st person view. It is Nudeshy doing this twitching because when I disabled Nudeshy from the load order the twitching issue has gone.

Here is video of the twitching I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrNGM9nbApk

Just trying the new beta 9.6. Problem I had earlier with bombshell skin I'm getting part cleared, works OK when cuirass or greaves are destroyed now, but still have the same problem when boots or gauntlets are destroyed.

I didn't realize bombshell included hands and boots. This is an easy fix.

Also, in a fight with the new nudeshyenhancedarmorprotection option set to 1 was getting this in the console log, though it didn't seem to do any harm and not seeing it when set to 2.

noted. I'll fix this in the next version.

I found issue related to First Person Enhanced Camera by LogicDragon and Nudeshy. I always wondered what caused first person camera twitching upon switching from 3rd person to 1st person view. It is Nudeshy doing this twitching because when I disabled Nudeshy from the load order the twitching issue has gone.

Here is video of the twitching I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrNGM9nbApk

Makes sense. There's an update3d that turns off nudeshy animations when you go into first person mode.

I never did find out exactly why certain third person walking animations make first person ones go super fast. There aren't exactly any web resources on it, so I just "fixed" it with an update3d. :P

In any case, I can fix this. Update3d shouldn't be called so many times.

I'll come out with a new version that fixes these issues. Just let me get some important stuff done first.

To get the one being damaged (because the two variables accepted by the function are damage and attacker), use getself.

so

is all you need to negate all incoming damage. I use absolute value because "damage" is actually a negative number applied to the character.

It adds the amount the character is being damage for before the moment before the health is applied to the character, so it cancels it out.

Hmm...

Scripted ModActorValue could modify the maximum health value.

So you need to revert it back after one frame.. no?

I tried the very similar thing before - OnHealthDamage callback to negate incoming damage, for Evy race 'absorb physical damage' ability

But it wasn't so simple because of this maximum health change and other possible arbitrary restore/fortify health effects.

so

Hmm...

Scripted ModActorValue could modify the maximum health value.

So you need to revert it back after one frame.. no?

I tried the very similar thing before - OnHealthDamage callback to negate incoming damage, for Evy race 'absorb physical damage' ability

But it wasn't so simple because of this maximum health change and other possible arbitrary restore/fortify health effects.

Actually, no. Just use an if statement.

something like if (currenthealth + abs damage > maxhealth)

return

endif

What I'm doing for the next version of nudeshy, is

if (currenthealth + abs damage < maxhealth)

else

target.setav health (maxhealth)

endif

This way, the health never goes above what it should. It's basically the same code I use to have armor take damage when the actor takes damage. I don't know why I forgot about that...

The problem with using this method is that the onhealthdamage event handler seems to have some sort of problem. A lot of mods use harmless script effect magic to modify a character in some way. Somehow, onhealthdamage seems to register them, then use what seems to be the value it used for the last time onhealthdamage registered something.

So I have to use it in conjunction with the "onhit" and "onmagiceffecthit" event handlers. These give the actor an item before the onhealthdamage eventhandler, then I make onhealthdamage check to see if the actor has the item that the other handlers gave her, and act accordingly.

The problem with this method is that, if you make onmagiceffecthit not give the item when the magiceffect is Script Effect, then that means a lot of custom spells won't be able to activate what is in the onhealthdamage event handler. \\

this is a very difficult hurdle that I've had to overcome with this mod. It still isn't perfect, but I've gotten it to a playable state.

Yepp.. that'll do. Thank you.

Unfortunately that's not negating the *exact* amount of damage, though..(for example, if an actor takes one shot kill damage, the script above will not prevent them from dying) But I guess that's enough for your purpose.

I think such code (that takes fortify health or restore/damage health over time into account) would be a bit heavy for an ability script that runs once every frame.

Yeah, sorry, I came back when I realized I made a mistake.

unfortunately, this is one of those times when the code might not be so elegant.

What you should do is store the actor and his max health in an array. You use the array to account for multiple people being one hit killed at once.

The array will then, in the next frame set everyone who was put above their maximum health back to the appropriate amount of health.

edit: Nudeshy has a lot of functions like this. Every time one of these functions does this, it sets the quest responsible for the array to wait another frame. This way, it never misses anybody who needs to be set.