Does anyoe know how to ... ?

Bromm83

1. Will our animations work as intended on a bed?

2. Does anyone know how to script a bed to start a sex animation on it if you have declared a variable telling it you have someone with you?

3. Could we combine this with going to sleep after and starting a conversation on wake up?

This would be very helpful for my "newish" project!

As for 1, I've seen animations occur on top of beds due to random chance - any flat surface can be used for sexing.

For 2, some sort of furniture script will probably be required.

For 3, all that you'd need to do is set restrained the actors and use startconversation once the blackout is lifted.

While I'm unsure how to do all these things, I know it should be doable without much difficulty.

As for 1' date=' I've seen animations occur on top of beds due to random chance - any flat surface can be used for sexing.

For 2, some sort of furniture script will probably be required.

For 3, all that you'd need to do is set restrained the actors and use startconversation once the blackout is lifted.

While I'm unsure how to do all these things, I know it should be doable without much difficulty.

[/quote']

Scriptng the bed should be easy to making it start the sexscene, problem is placing them on the bed, not just starting it right beside the bed...

BUt yeah I agree it should all be doable!

I have no idea how similar they are' date=' but if you have Oblivion installed you might take a look at how LoversBed works. Might help at least with forcing the anims to happen on top of a bed if there's one nearby.

[/quote']

I don't have oblivion installed, and I am not at home so that I can install it either. =(

But will have a look at it once I get home in a few weeks if I haven't found a solution by them.

Thanks for the help so far both of you! At least now I have people agreeing with me that it shouldn't be too hard ;)

wsex has a bed option also and is likely going to be more helpful to look at than Lovers.

I don't think it would be that difficult, I believe there is already some kind of AI package/script built in for NPCs to find the closest valid bed.

#3 makes it a whole lot easier, if you already have the bed you want to start on. Just before the sex call, set both actors positions to the bed position and they *should* end up "on it" rather than "in it", though I have not tested to confirm.

Also glad to see you posting up a storm. Welcome "back"!

There is a see you sleep like mod on the nexus: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39188

There are scripted events happening on the bed' date=' perhaps having a look at those scripts can help.

[/quote']

Indeed, I am not sure if this is of any help, but WSex and SexualInnuendo over at The Nexus have an option to 'find a bed' and it usually works pretty well. Whatever code they use could be replicated here?

I also used See You Sleep and it works like a charm. I have thought we need something a little more 'bed' and maybe even furniture related.

There is a see you sleep like mod on the nexus: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39188

There are scripted events happening on the bed' date=' perhaps having a look at those scripts can help.

[/quote']

Indeed, I am not sure if this is of any help, but WSex and SexualInnuendo over at The Nexus have an option to 'find a bed' and it usually works pretty well. Whatever code they use could be replicated here?

I also used See You Sleep and it works like a charm. I have thought we need something a little more 'bed' and maybe even furniture related.

wsex/SI is probably a great place to look first. See You Sleep isn't going to be any help -- it doesn't find a bed or move you to one, it waits until you're already on one AFAIK. If you're already on one, sexout works ok as-is. It's finding one and getting you on it (not in it, under it, etc) that's the tricky part.

I have thought we need something a little more 'bed' and maybe even furniture related.

Indeed. I've always thought some more environmentally-aware sex would be wildly hot. Getting fucked up against a wall, bent over a table, fucked on a bed, etc.

Unfortunately that'd probably need to be a plugin all to itself, and would of course require yet more new animations and whatnot.

[/quote']

wsex/SI is probably a great place to look first. See You Sleep isn't going to be any help -- it doesn't find a bed or move you to one, it waits until you're already on one AFAIK. If you're already on one, sexout works ok as-is. It's finding one and getting you on it (not in it, under it, etc) that's the tricky part.

Actually both will be of help!

I also want to activate sex scenes by activating a bed when I have a person following me.

Yes, this plugin will be epic ;) I am working on some other stuff right now, but will look through those mods later and copy their good work!

Damn... The way wsex does it requires me to change some basic stuff in sexout.esm.

set refBed to wsexQuest.refBed
set refReceiver to wsexQuest.refReceiver
if refBed
	if  wsexQuest.bedHeight == -1
		if refBed.isInList wsexBeds5
			set bedz to 5
		elseif refBed.isInList wsexBeds10
			set bedz to 10
		elseif refBed.isInList wsexBeds35
			set bedz to 35
		else
			set bedz to 0
		endif
	else
		set bedz to wsexQuest.bedHeight
	endif

set newx to refBed.getpos x
	set newy to refBed.getpos y
	set newz to refBed.getpos z + bedz

Prideslayer, you want to add something like that to sexoutNG?

I don't like making plugins that modify the main scripts, that just makes me have to update it every time you change anything...

Let me take a closer look at what it's doing, but yeah that shouldn't be a problem.

As a hackish workaround for testing, you can set the various offset vars in SexoutNG before the CIOS call, just make sure to save first, or preserve them and set them back after sex, as they're saved and apply to every animation that is run.

Of course they only take effect if you're using NG (actorA/B/C), though you could also manipulate the user-set vars for the classic calls as well; don't know the names off hand, but they're the ones the keypresses modify.

For NG, the vertical ones are fVOffsetA, fVOffsetB, and fVOffsetC.

So you should be able to do a similar formlist thing and then se fVOffsetA and B (for 2p animations) to whatever 'bedz' would be for that bed in the script above.

Edit: I plan to add per-call ones that reset to zero as well, they just aren't in yet. I can have them in for the .30 release though; fVOffsetOnceA, etc. Would make testing animation alignment easier as well, just keep forgetting to put them in.

Ok, going to add five more vars you can use to the SexoutNG quest vars:

ref refSurface : Reference to the bed, table, or whatever it is you want to have sex on. Will use formlists for height similar to wsex to guess if you don't also/instead supply the following vars.

float fSurface(X, Y, Z) : If fSurfaceH is set, these are offsets from its location. If not, they will be absolute positions.

float fSurfaceAngle : Direction to face (Z angle). If not supplied, will use the Z angle of refSurface. If that isn't set either, will just use the current system (orientation of actorB will not change, A and C change to suit).

My goal here is to support more than just sex on beds for MORE WIN later. Sex on beds, on counter tops, against walls, in 'devices', etc. Why not go the full 9, I say. ;)

Does it sound like these will work for you? Ideally you'll want to supply all the vars, so it will move the actors starting position to the X/Y/Z of the refSurface, then adjust them by the X, Y, Z offsets, and turn them to face the right direction.

Ok' date=' going to add five more vars you can use to the SexoutNG quest vars:

ref refSurface : Reference to the bed, table, or whatever it is you want to have sex on. Will use formlists for height similar to wsex to guess if you don't also/instead supply the following vars.

float fSurface(X, Y, Z) : If fSurfaceH is set, these are offsets from its location. If not, they will be absolute positions.

float fSurfaceAngle : Direction to face (Z angle). If not supplied, will use the Z angle of refSurface. If that isn't set either, will just use the current system (orientation of actorB will not change, A and C change to suit).

My goal here is to support more than just sex on beds for MORE WIN later. Sex on beds, on counter tops, against walls, in 'devices', etc. Why not go the full 9, I say. ;)

Does it sound like these will work for you? Ideally you'll want to supply all the vars, so it will move the actors starting position to the X/Y/Z of the refSurface, then adjust them by the X, Y, Z offsets, and turn them to face the right direction.

[/quote']

wsex used a package added to the NPC to send them to the nearest bed, then used the angles of the bed it was sent to and just added the height of the bed (from the lists). If that helps any.. (refBed in that script snippet is target of the package added to the NPC)

But as long as we have lists with the height of stuff it really shouldn't be a problem for the modders to make it work. I still need to study it tho... positions and angles are not my strong areas in scripting (only made plugins, never worked with the core of it..)

It works! Even without setting any of the extra offsets' date=' just refSurface!

[/quote']

Thats great!

I started working on a bed finder spell/scanner, stopped when I thought that a simple sleep package would work to send the NPC to a close bed, but that isn't going to work worth a damn (Veronica started marching from the cove back to 188 trading post, others wandered all over also -- seems they look for a bed they OWN or one that isn't owned). So, it's back to the scanner.

Also tried on the pool table in the goodsprings saloon. That one is going to require a Z offset. ;)

It works! Even without setting any of the extra offsets' date=' just refSurface!

[/quote']

Thats great!

I started working on a bed finder spell/scanner, stopped when I thought that a simple sleep package would work to send the NPC to a close bed, but that isn't going to work worth a damn (Veronica started marching from the cove back to 188 trading post, others wandered all over also -- seems they look for a bed they OWN or one that isn't owned). So, it's back to the scanner.

Also tried on the pool table in the goodsprings saloon. That one is going to require a Z offset. ;)

Hehe. Well it sounds like we will get sex on furniture soon! I am ready to add it to 3 plugins I am working on currently (two of em merely updates of old ones tho..) This will call for several new animations tho.. ;)

Should be able to have that soon, yes. Made one formlist so far with all the beds I found in it (52 of them), and will begin with scanning for those. New spell will exist to tell the NPC to walk to the closest bed (closest unoccupied if I can manage it!) and then wait there for some amount of time before getting tired of waiting.

Plan to do the same with other furniture items that are bedlike (pool tables, counter tops, etc) and then chairs (which will require new animations as well).

Archived