How to delete 1 dlc from game ?

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2024 at 7:28 PM, snowdog04 said:

https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks  this has a walkthrough of how to disable packs, and a tool that will generate the text for you to copy-paste.

Note:  If you disable a pack for, say, some challenge, and plan to bring it back again, don't open existing saves with that pack disabled.  It will mess those saves up something fierce!

Hello.

And will it also delete the contents from hardisk  ? I want it to free up space.

Edited by erotoman
11 hours ago, snowdog04 said:

No, I don't know of any way to actually delete them.  With them disabled, it will be like you don't have them at all, but they will still be on your computer.

Is it possible to disable dlc installation during reinstallation ?

Thank you,

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2024 at 7:04 AM, hydropalgel said:

Are you on steam love? There is a easy way to disable them.

Origin. 🤧😆

It's easy to disable and delete on Steam.

Edited by erotoman

At least during installation one can select the drive where to install the game. Anyhow if you really want to free up space you will need to delete files and I have no idea how TS4 behaves.

I did not try this and I don't recommend to do this:
The EP01, ... folders are in c:/program files/EA/Origin/The Sims 4/ (or wherever the game has been installed to).
In Delta are the EP01, ... folders again with some more data.

You could rename the DLC folders to 'xxx' to see whether TS4 still starts (and disable the mod with the settings from https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks ). It should be possible to rename the folders again if needed - in the worst case you'd need to repair the game.

Look for the steam_api64.dll in the game folder.

Most likely there will be an .ini file here. Might be steamemu.ini; depends on what the crack is.

Open that .ini with a text editor such as Notepad. Find the section where the individual DLC are listed. Delete the lines of DLC you don't want enabled.

The DLC items will probably be stuck in your account/inventory despite disabling them. So, you'll have to start over.
https://xender.vip/

Edited by f1aret
On 4/18/2024 at 1:44 AM, f1aret said:

Look for the steam_api64.dll in the game folder.

Most likely there will be an .ini file here. Might be steamemu.ini; depends on what the crack is.

Open that .ini with a text editor such as Notepad. Find the section where the individual DLC are listed. Delete the lines of DLC you don't want enabled.

The DLC items will probably be stuck in your account/inventory despite disabling them. So, you'll have to start over.

Overwriting it will delete this dlc from the game. 
So it frees up disk space ?

On 4/10/2024 at 10:50 PM, Oops19 said:

At least during installation one can select the drive where to install the game. Anyhow if you really want to free up space you will need to delete files and I have no idea how TS4 behaves.

I did not try this and I don't recommend to do this:
The EP01, ... folders are in c:/program files/EA/Origin/The Sims 4/ (or wherever the game has been installed to).
In Delta are the EP01, ... folders again with some more data.

You could rename the DLC folders to 'xxx' to see whether TS4 still starts (and disable the mod with the settings from https://jamesturner.yt/disablepacks ). It should be possible to rename the folders again if needed - in the worst case you'd need to repair the game.

In any case, thank you for your advice.👍

On 4/11/2024 at 5:32 PM, BadxKarma said:

Safer way would to be to uninstall the everything and install what you only want. If you want the pack you want to get rid of later just install that pack again.

Hey. Great idea.

I would definitely reinstall the whole game.
I'm just not sure if you can disable (uncheck) marked dlc.
This would prevent the unchecked dlc from being installed into the game ?