Dragon's Dogma 2 modding

2 weeks until Dragon's Dogma 2 releases, and I'm all for it.  They released a character creator today for people to begin making their characters early.  Hopefully some modders get a head start on the game before release.  It runs on the RE Engine, so the same engine as Resident Evil 4 and Street Fighter 6, both have quite a lot of mods on the Nexus.  I'm going to try learning some modding on that engine, but doubt I'll be the one to make something incredible.  But hopefully somebody does though. 

steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.thumb.jpg.2a77693ecf0bfd95e8b46064c2b97e66.jpg

main observations so far is that the size slider doesnt go down as far (dd1's goes to 100 while this one goes to 160 iirc). cheat engine can fix this supposedly but we'll see what consequences that has when the game is actually released

on the other hand its way way easier to make conventionally attractive characters in this game and also making fatter characters looks a lot better

The first game had some rudimentary nude mods but never got the love it deserved. This game not only looks so much better graphically, it also runs on the engine that is the home to some of the best looking adult mods of all time. The potential is there!

Slider unlock should be the easiest thing to add. While Arisen editing shouldn't cause an issue, when people upload modded pawns into the server, that might trigger some system in place or cause people to get banned from the pawn servers. Not too much of an issue even if you do get banned in all honesty. You just get stuck with streamer pawns for your other 2 slots

Edited by YTPHaruko
1 hour ago, SonicMan1234 said:

This game needs better hair options if anything. And a color wheel mod. Game lets you change your posture and knee/elbow swing but it won't let you have blue or green hair, despite MH games having it?

I'm noticing that there's a "default colors" option above the color palette. I bet you a slider or alternative color swatches will be DLC, unfortunately.

Edited by ClumsyOtter
Just now, InfernalMED said:

Does this engine support full modding like Skyrim sex lab for example? or only it's outfits and and sliders? 

RE engine modding is fairly open ended in theory but in practice most people only ever make outfits and other model edits (look to monster hunter and resident evil 2 remake for examples)

people have changed some animations a few times in those games but never for anything as interesting as sexlab

12 hours ago, hilbo75 said:

RE engine modding is fairly open ended in theory but in practice most people only ever make outfits and other model edits (look to monster hunter and resident evil 2 remake for examples)

people have changed some animations a few times in those games but never for anything as interesting as sexlab

If I remember correctly, RE Engine animation mods (at least going off MH Rise) can only be done using some specific version of Autodesk 3DS Max from 2017 or something. You can then inject new animations onto old existing ones, like emotes.

My only concern is Capcom's anti modding stance they took recently. They haven't managed to stop it in any of their previous games, but it's not for lack of trying. I'm sure they'll figure out something eventually...I just hope it isn't for this game haha.

1 hour ago, DORODERE said:

My only concern is Capcom's anti modding stance they took recently. They haven't managed to stop it in any of their previous games, but it's not for lack of trying. I'm sure they'll figure out something eventually...I just hope it isn't for this game haha.

I hope if they manage to prevent modding, they will realize that sales will go down. But I have no idea how many people will play with mods and then boycott. Hopefully enough.

17 hours ago, DORODERE said:

This is misinformation, and I really wish more of you would spend more than five seconds looking into things before licking your screen the moment some stranger says something on Twatter and then waving your hands in the air to acknowledge your changed timeline.

Capcom does not have an anti-mod stance. There is a lot of nuance and context to all the shit people are throwing together as once thing that's being left out because, you know, people. For instance, the whole nude chun-li mod incident. Capcom's literal one and only concern was that it was at a god damn tournament and could have easily been a cheat and that the computer should have been checked--that's it. Idiots turned that into them fearing their reputation and hating mods, and idiots like you spread it around without bothering to look further.

I could keep going on about every facet of this stupid debacle, but you really should just use your brain for once instead and do it yourself. For instance, the CEO saying he hates mods? No, actually, he LITERALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THE IMPORTANCE OF MODS TO PC GAMING, the platform Capcom has officially and publicly stated is now their primary target platform, then SPECIFIES that mods are at the end of the day no different than cheats when it comes to cheating, which is obviously true in some cases. Many mods are in fact cheats or effectively operate as one. It was a mod (well, multiple things could do it but ya) that utterly circumvented Shadow of Mordor's cashshop grind by giving you infinite currency.

THAT is Capcom's concern (which yet again tied into the chun-li incident people warped), likely as they move into the same thing every other game is doing by milking mtx and online components, which they already experimented with. Don't be shocked when Monster Hunter Wilds is online only, has a battle pass disguised as a hunter pass or something, and individual monster hunts are sold as DLC or part of that battle pass and modding in the game is utterly dead.

Finally, that new DRM everyone is losing their minds about? It doesn't actually affect mods at all--directly from the mouth of actual modders who have already made mods and decided to take a look at it--with the sole exception of mods that act like cheats. So things that manipulate the exe or try to inject code... and this is specifically also what the DRM's creators say it is for.

It is very likely to affect things like cheat engine/trainers and possibly script extenders, but nothing else, and certainly not 99% of the mods these games already have. What's even more hilarious is that the way the new DRM does all this is basically the same as Denuvo (which these games already have), and is so far just as laughably easy to remove. The dev team is super tiny, I have no idea what Capcom thinks this will accomplish, but regardless, there is no rational reason to assume they are anti-mod.

This is already super long and I still skipped a lot of context and incidents people misconstrued, so go do the research yourself if you care. If you can't be bothered, then also try not to be bothered to open your mouth and continue spreading misinformation about things you know nothing about, thanks.

Edited by Spiritseer
2 hours ago, hilbo75 said:

ogami4/sakura4 did something very rare and posted pictures of a nude mod for both men *and women* on their deviant art but they havent released any mod yet. maybe they're waiting for the full game release. https://www.deviantart.com/ogami4/gallery

Looks like he did release a file, actually. He put the DL in the description on this page:

https://www.deviantart.com/ogami4/art/Dragons-Dogma-2-Nude-Male-1029348897

From what he's saying, it sounds like all of the character complexion options are different textures. Looks like character mods are going to be quite the undertaking for those also trying to make their mods available to different character customizations.

47 minutes ago, ClumsyOtter said:

Looks like he did release a file, actually. He put the DL in the description on this page:

https://www.deviantart.com/ogami4/art/Dragons-Dogma-2-Nude-Male-1029348897

From what he's saying, it sounds like all of the character complexion options are different textures. Looks like character mods are going to be quite the undertaking for those also trying to make their mods available to different character customizations.

ah i see. thats convenient since im using that skin for my arisen.

looking at it in game, its very low resolution compared to the real texture i think. just fine for a test mod though

since the default skin is the youngest looking one im going to assume a lot of people's nude mods will stick to that one. i do hope that someone makes one for all skins at some point though

image.thumb.png.1c4677c042cc3d8d774ed4fca2577444.png

Edited by hilbo75
3 hours ago, Spiritseer said:

This is misinformation, and I really wish more of you would spend more than five seconds looking into things before licking your screen the moment some stranger says something on Twatter and then waving your hands in the air to acknowledge your changed timeline.

Capcom does not have an anti-mod stance. There is a lot of nuance and context to all the shit people are throwing together as once thing that's being left out because, you know, people. For instance, the whole nude chun-li mod incident. Capcom's literal one and only concern was that it was at a god damn tournament and could have easily been a cheat and that the computer should have been checked--that's it. Idiots turned that into them fearing their reputation and hating mods, and idiots like you spread it around without bothering to look further.

I could keep going on about every facet of this stupid debacle, but you really should just use your brain for once instead and do it yourself. For instance, the CEO saying he hates mods? No, actually, he LITERALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THE IMPORTANCE OF MODS TO PC GAMING, the platform Capcom has officially and publicly stated is now their primary target platform, then SPECIFIES that mods are at the end of the day no different than cheats when it comes to cheating, which is obviously true in some cases. Many mods are in fact cheats or effectively operate as one. It was a mod (well, multiple things could do it but ya) that utterly circumvented Shadow of Mordor's cashshop grind by giving you infinite currency.

THAT is Capcom's concern (which yet again tied into the chun-li incident people warped), likely as they move into the same thing every other game is doing by milking mtx and online components, which they already experimented with. Don't be shocked when Monster Hunter Wilds is online only, has a battle pass disguised as a hunter pass or something, and individual monster hunts are sold as DLC or part of that battle pass and modding in the game is utterly dead.

Finally, that new DRM everyone is losing their minds about? It doesn't actually affect mods at all--directly from the mouth of actual modders who have already made mods and decided to take a look at it--with the sole exception of mods that act like cheats. So things that manipulate the exe or try to inject code... and this is specifically also what the DRM's creators say it is for.

It is very likely to affect things like cheat engine/trainers and possibly script extenders, but nothing else, and certainly not 99% of the mods these games already have. What's even more hilarious is that the way the new DRM does all this is basically the same as Denuvo (which these games already have), and is so far just as laughably easy to remove. The dev team is super tiny, I have no idea what Capcom thinks this will accomplish, but regardless, there is no rational reason to assume they are anti-mod.

This is already super long and I still skipped a lot of context and incidents people misconstrued, so go do the research yourself if you care. If you can't be bothered, then also try not to be bothered to open your mouth and continue spreading misinformation about things you know nothing about, thanks.

I'm not sure who pissed in your cheerios, but try to relax a bit. I didn't parrot anything from Twitter or spread any misinformation. Capcom themselves said that they view mods as cheats and they do not condone cheating in their games. That seems pretty cut and dry for them being against mods. You can try and rationalize it, give reasons, hypotheticals, read between the lines or do whatever mental gymnastics you need to do, but I'll stick with the factual words that they said themselves.

All I did was comment on what they said and say that I hope they don't fuck with this game. Have they done anything to prevent modding so far? No. But that doesn't mean they won't if they continue to go along the mods = cheats thought process. Any type of restriction on a single player game that you own is an absolute loss for the entire modding community.

34 minutes ago, DORODERE said:

I'm not sure who pissed in your cheerios, but try to relax a bit. I didn't parrot anything from Twitter or spread any misinformation. Capcom themselves said that they view mods as cheats and they do not condone cheating in their games. That seems pretty cut and dry for them being against mods. You can try and rationalize it, give reasons, hypotheticals, read between the lines or do whatever mental gymnastics you need to do, but I'll stick with the factual words that they said themselves.

All I did was comment on what they said and say that I hope they don't fuck with this game. Have they done anything to prevent modding so far? No. But that doesn't mean they won't if they continue to go along the mods = cheats thought process. Any type of restriction on a single player game that you own is an absolute loss for the entire modding community.

one of the few qoutes that bundled in that interview was also about the mods that destory save files which was a problem that corrupted save files in mh rise when unwitting players accepted illegal quest made using mods, those are the mods enigma is aimed at while the nativePC mod is fine