Dragon's Dogma 2 modding

9 hours ago, Spiritseer said:

This is misinformation, and I really wish more of you would spend more than five seconds looking into things before licking your screen the moment some stranger says something on Twatter and then waving your hands in the air to acknowledge your changed timeline.

Capcom does not have an anti-mod stance. There is a lot of nuance and context to all the shit people are throwing together as once thing that's being left out because, you know, people. For instance, the whole nude chun-li mod incident. Capcom's literal one and only concern was that it was at a god damn tournament and could have easily been a cheat and that the computer should have been checked--that's it. Idiots turned that into them fearing their reputation and hating mods, and idiots like you spread it around without bothering to look further.

I could keep going on about every facet of this stupid debacle, but you really should just use your brain for once instead and do it yourself. For instance, the CEO saying he hates mods? No, actually, he LITERALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THE IMPORTANCE OF MODS TO PC GAMING, the platform Capcom has officially and publicly stated is now their primary target platform, then SPECIFIES that mods are at the end of the day no different than cheats when it comes to cheating, which is obviously true in some cases. Many mods are in fact cheats or effectively operate as one. It was a mod (well, multiple things could do it but ya) that utterly circumvented Shadow of Mordor's cashshop grind by giving you infinite currency.

THAT is Capcom's concern (which yet again tied into the chun-li incident people warped), likely as they move into the same thing every other game is doing by milking mtx and online components, which they already experimented with. Don't be shocked when Monster Hunter Wilds is online only, has a battle pass disguised as a hunter pass or something, and individual monster hunts are sold as DLC or part of that battle pass and modding in the game is utterly dead.

Finally, that new DRM everyone is losing their minds about? It doesn't actually affect mods at all--directly from the mouth of actual modders who have already made mods and decided to take a look at it--with the sole exception of mods that act like cheats. So things that manipulate the exe or try to inject code... and this is specifically also what the DRM's creators say it is for.

It is very likely to affect things like cheat engine/trainers and possibly script extenders, but nothing else, and certainly not 99% of the mods these games already have. What's even more hilarious is that the way the new DRM does all this is basically the same as Denuvo (which these games already have), and is so far just as laughably easy to remove. The dev team is super tiny, I have no idea what Capcom thinks this will accomplish, but regardless, there is no rational reason to assume they are anti-mod.

This is already super long and I still skipped a lot of context and incidents people misconstrued, so go do the research yourself if you care. If you can't be bothered, then also try not to be bothered to open your mouth and continue spreading misinformation about things you know nothing about, thanks.

I'm one of the modders that talked about the whole Enigma thing, so I can add a few thoughts and information on new development about this:

As you said, I think people have greatly overblown what Enigma can do, and they misunderstood why it was added. It's stupid Capcom added it, but I don't see how it could be related to preventing mods as it barely does anything in that regard, and its functionality is very much geared towards bolstering DRM (though it's drastically easier to defeat than Denuvo). By the way, Dragon's Dogma 2 demo has Enigma as well, though I assume it'll be gone in the final release (the same way RE4R demo had Enigma but it was replaced with Denuvo in the final game).

While Capcom has officially stated they have an anti-modding stance (by claiming they treat it the same as cheats), they haven't done much to actually prevent file modding (the biggest exception was when they encrypted PAKs for MHR -- but I've always gotten the impression the MHR team is especially aggressive against cheats and mods). But well, with the Dragon's Dogma 2 demo, they finally did the thing I was surprised they hadn't done earlier. They've added a check that prevents loose file mods from working.

On the bright side, it's a very simple check that's easy to remove once you gain access to modifying game code. More bright news is that they didn't even touch an alternate method for installing file mods. But it's more valid now for people to say that Capcom is actively trying to prevent mods. The situation is pretty confusing as we've had people from Capcom say they really like mods (Itsuno himself said so in an interview 5 years ago), and even the engine programmer that said they effectively treat mods as cheats also said that most mods are seen as a positive addition. And you could argue this new check they've added isn't a conscious attempt to prevent modding, but rather to prevent cheating. I'd say bottom line is: some of the stuff Capcom is doing is worrying and I wish they'd stop, but it's still super doable to mod their games.

By the way, the new check they've added has a rather hilarious side effect. It can lead to a bug that crashes the game for normal users. If you were to install Steam to a folder called something like "c:\natives\steam" then the game will crash instantly because it will detect any of the files in its install directory as a mod/cheat.

Edited by QuackFluffy
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, badboyz08 said:

hopefully some big tiddies
already some nude on nexus 

Yeeep! This is what I'm waiting on; an unlock to the boobs sliders :) A bonus if they can also unlock boob jiggle/physics, so few games have them.

5 hours ago, Kargrin said:

Modders just started working with the meshes, please wait a little more

Yeah, I've been reading in the Modding Haven Discord that this game's proving harder to mod than everyone expected. I think everyone mistakenly assumed that it'd be easy because it was on the RE Engine. (I know at least I certainly did.)

2 hours ago, ClumsyOtter said:

Yeah, I've been reading in the Modding Haven Discord that this game's proving harder to mod than everyone expected. I think everyone mistakenly assumed that it'd be easy because it was on the RE Engine. (I know at least I certainly did.)

Praydog said the anti tamper is worse in this than any other RE Engine game so far. Everyone assumed it was the same as the last games because of the CC demo, but its different in the full game and causes crashing. He can't even get the REFramework running properly yet. He's working on it though, so give him your energy and lets pray a breakthrough happens!

47 minutes ago, DORODERE said:

Praydog said the anti tamper is worse in this than any other RE Engine game so far. Everyone assumed it was the same as the last games because of the CC demo, but its different in the full game and causes crashing. He can't even get the REFramework running properly yet. He's working on it though, so give him your energy and lets pray a breakthrough happens!

God i hope so. fucking capcom and their anti modding stance recently is such a shame

Godspeed to the modders, this games potential is so high 🙏

Got a question for people here. 1. Can you play offline (Haven't tried myself) 2. Do pawns randomly generate or are they all just a metric shit ton of pre-gens from Capcom? 3. Denuvo only really matters when it comes to the online aspect, right?

@Screws - Yes you can play offline.  In fact I went online only to grab other peoples pawns and switched back to offline.  There are pre generated pawns and unique pawns. I have no idea about the anti cheat, isn't this the same that MH uses?

Unlike the review bombing I'm seeing, I've had no issues running the game at max settings at 4k with raytracing.  The town does have a bit of an fps hit, but that's to be expected with a ton of crap in one area.  The open world on the other hand is as smooth as butter, and same with battles.  Imo that's more important to optimize.

Also for anyone with a 40 series card, this is a big win already from Puredark which he released for free:

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/39

3 hours ago, Silvist said:

@Screws - Yes you can play offline.  In fact I went online only to grab other peoples pawns and switched back to offline.  There are pre generated pawns and unique pawns. I have no idea about the anti cheat, isn't this the same that MH uses?

Unlike the review bombing I'm seeing, I've had no issues running the game at max settings at 4k with raytracing.  The town does have a bit of an fps hit, but that's to be expected with a ton of crap in one area.  The open world on the other hand is as smooth as butter, and same with battles.  Imo that's more important to optimize.

Also for anyone with a 40 series card, this is a big win already from Puredark which he released for free:

https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/39

Never played MH, but from what I've heard Denuvo is making it harder for modders, but I have no evidence to this.

Not sure where you are hearing that from, I'm guessing reddit.  I believe this is for anti tampering, not anti cheat.  They did alot of moving around with the ones they were using, but the reason I brought up MH is because its "heavily" modded.  Both world and rise.  I used mods no problem online and never had any issues.

Speaking of which I'm already seeing some nice skimpy outfits in the game:

workbitch3.thumb.png.e4aa1b49fd172198ab111e8625fe44bc.png

workbitch2.thumb.png.a9d3940ca345ea7cefe52d3250465384.png

There's also some kind of dancer like outfit I've seen from some npcs traveling around.  There's also some outfits tied to unlocks, which sadly doesn't let you preview them.

Wow man, even the armors that SHOULD have a sideboob have it replaced with a blob of random textures. :x
Mature-rated game btw.

I'm mostly waiting for mods that remove that sort of arbitrary censorship.
Oh, and the tattoos disappearing on certain parts of the body have to go too.

7 hours ago, Silvist said:

Not sure where you are hearing that from, I'm guessing reddit.  I believe this is for anti tampering, not anti cheat.  They did alot of moving around with the ones they were using, but the reason I brought up MH is because its "heavily" modded.  Both world and rise.  I used mods no problem online and never had any issues.

Speaking of which I'm already seeing some nice skimpy outfits in the game:

workbitch3.thumb.png.e4aa1b49fd172198ab111e8625fe44bc.png

workbitch2.thumb.png.a9d3940ca345ea7cefe52d3250465384.png

There's also some kind of dancer like outfit I've seen from some npcs traveling around.  There's also some outfits tied to unlocks, which sadly doesn't let you preview them.

There are many others, which is nice.

dd2-38379198255.thumb.png.133c94b4a2dd444ccb69f332e29d69cd.png

Unfortunately japanese culture is stuck in the 1950s forever, they think the "west" hasn't moved an inch culturally since then. Besides, places like kotaku and ign are irrelevant in today's age. Most people get their information from other people or youtube, not so much from "articles."

Aside from that rant I'd definitely like to see stuff already in the game expanded like more hairstyles (there's way too few) and character creation sliders unlocked, if I want to be shorter or taller there's no reason an offline game should be preventing that.

Another thing, these games seriously need dye features for gear. This is such a basic feature in most modern games I'm still astonished when games don't have it.

Edited by Mntnt
3 hours ago, KryperCreeping said:

Where can you get this outfit? Its exactly what I was looking for, for my character

Stargazer top, merchant sells it west of Bakbattahl and you get it for free very late in the story from a chest.