Project Sugar Cake (Sex and Stat Framework + Gameplay Mod)

12 hours ago, Verasmile2 said:

We can always hope, maybe they could add a NSFW DLC specifying the explicit content and that even after installing it there would be options to enable, like by default only the fade to black but by enabling you can add the actual animations, PC + pals, pregnancy for PC and so on

image.png.e5f523d4d89d4a50a68afbaf45e2c2c7.png

On 2/25/2024 at 5:42 AM, Verasmile2 said:

We can always hope, maybe they could add a NSFW DLC specifying the explicit content and that even after installing it there would be options to enable, like by default only the fade to black but by enabling you can add the actual animations, PC + pals, pregnancy for PC and so on

Do you realize that when that post states, "will add sex," they could just add a gender change and some cosmetic stuff? Sex can simply mean gender as well, and I'd bet money that's where they would've gone with it. Funny prank though.

EDIT: After reading more of the posts in that TwitterX thread, maybe they mean some kind of intercourse. But I wouldn't bet on it. Besides, modders will 99.9% of the time make something(s) that are just better, raunchier, lewder, and more hardcore than what this dev would be willing/able to do I suspect. Especially given how the game is rated right now, just seems extremely unlikely.

Modders here will cook, and I'm sure we'll have a veritable feast in the not too distant future.

Edited by HalcyonAndOn

Got a new update out and updated the main post!

Here's the update post on SubscribeStar - https://subscribestar.adult/posts/1204456

From Discord

"

Finally got things done and stable? I think? Multi-character animations are now fully functional! Did a ton for this update, including the API system, new backend structures to make future additions much easier, the framework for a cache system to speed things up once we have thousands of animations, new validation systems for animation gathering/searches/playback, new complex climax animation handling, maybe more things?

Changed the default hotkeys for the temporary gameplay module integrated into SCake as well for triggering anims and such.

Input Definitions

L : Start solo player anim event

O : Stop any anim event involving player

U : Show player sexual pleasure in reportUI

K : Start anim event between player and target

J : Select 2 targets and start an anim event between them

I : Stop any anim event involving the target

In the future, once we have a UI and persistence these will be configurable. ^-^ (hopefully these work for now >.<)

Oh, I also released the SDK so now you can make mods integrating into SCake easily! ^-^

"
Overall a really big update that basically makes SCake actually usable, however we still need more animations so that part still feels lacking. I'm shifting focus into making animations easier to import with a string parser and will be making proper download pages for the mod to potentially gain more interest.

On 2/25/2024 at 10:09 AM, Innersight said:

...I've been wondering if someone could simplify what this project is about? I kind of got overwhelmed by the level of information.

In short, it's an animation framework that also handles a couple stats for mods to hook into, that's the main thing. I do plan on making more gameplay oriented stuff, but those will be 'modules' that hook into the main framework as their own individual mods (though distributed along-side Project Sugar Cake).

On 2/25/2024 at 3:27 PM, zileteh said:

That's because the scope is kind of huge...

It's a long-term project, and in that scope it's not that huge with most of these things being fairly reasonable to expect in a modern framework, and most of what I propose would be gameplay modules I wish to make 'with' the framework I'm building (but are separate mods). And sorry if I don't inspire confidence, I'm trying my best and have been hard at work getting things going. I've not really seen much like this from anyone else either, just kinda feels like they all went silent after the initial hype.

Can confirm mod appears to work as intended. For best results you need to wait till a pal is standing still to get movement to work properly and the distances need to be pretty short but aside from that it appears things are working.

Unfortunately without a working 2 player animation its hard to say if everything is working but so far so good.

sooooo i have the mod installed properly and none of the keybinds are working for me. i'm on steam deck and other mods work, just not this one specifically for some reason. i'm keybinding the proper keys to the proper buttons and nothings happening when i press them

8 hours ago, Spirit_Shard said:

Got a new update out and updated the main post!

Here's the update post on SubscribeStar - https://subscribestar.adult/posts/1204456

From Discord

"

Finally got things done and stable? I think? Multi-character animations are now fully functional! Did a ton for this update, including the API system, new backend structures to make future additions much easier, the framework for a cache system to speed things up once we have thousands of animations, new validation systems for animation gathering/searches/playback, new complex climax animation handling, maybe more things?

Changed the default hotkeys for the temporary gameplay module integrated into SCake as well for triggering anims and such.

Input Definitions

L : Start solo player anim event

O : Stop any anim event involving player

U : Show player sexual pleasure in reportUI

K : Start anim event between player and target

J : Select 2 targets and start an anim event between them

I : Stop any anim event involving the target

In the future, once we have a UI and persistence these will be configurable. ^-^ (hopefully these work for now >.<)

Oh, I also released the SDK so now you can make mods integrating into SCake easily! ^-^

"
Overall a really big update that basically makes SCake actually usable, however we still need more animations so that part still feels lacking. I'm shifting focus into making animations easier to import with a string parser and will be making proper download pages for the mod to potentially gain more interest.

In short, it's an animation framework that also handles a couple stats for mods to hook into, that's the main thing. I do plan on making more gameplay oriented stuff, but those will be 'modules' that hook into the main framework as their own individual mods (though distributed along-side Project Sugar Cake).

It's a long-term project, and in that scope it's not that huge with most of these things being fairly reasonable to expect in a modern framework, and most of what I propose would be gameplay modules I wish to make 'with' the framework I'm building (but are separate mods). And sorry if I don't inspire confidence, I'm trying my best and have been hard at work getting things going. I've not really seen much like this from anyone else either, just kinda feels like they all went silent after the initial hype.

Nice, its great to see some progress. Will there be an video showcasing player x pal?

7 hours ago, Jamesflaaa111 said:

sooooo i have the mod installed properly and none of the keybinds are working for me. i'm on steam deck and other mods work, just not this one specifically for some reason. i'm keybinding the proper keys to the proper buttons and nothings happening when i press them

I had this report before as well, I'm not sure what's going on or how to fix it as I don't have a Steam Deck. UE4SS only works on windows iirc (at least last I checked) so make sure you're running palworld through a compatibility layer/translation layer like Wine. If Project Sugar Cake is installed and running properly you should see pink text show up on the left side of the screen.

5 hours ago, Lordchaosc said:

Nice, its great to see some progress. Will there be an video showcasing player x pal?

I haven't made any proper multi-actor animations, only have stuff purely made for testing. I've posted samples in the Discord if you're curious but it's nothing fancy yet >.< (Will most likely make more animations in the future, just have some other technical stuffs to do first X.x)

3 hours ago, picomajin said:

Is all you can do with this mod now to play the main character's masturbation?

Currently the BasicsAnimPak only includes a single female solo animation and it'll be a bit before I make more, but hopefully people will start implementing their own animations soon. ^-^

10 hours ago, Dragneel013 said:

See ya guys in 5 years when there are animations and the framework have been improved. 

That's a pretty toxic attitude man. If you want things faster, then help make it faster.

39 minutes ago, UnimaginitiveUsername said:

Considering the original post was just a little over a month ago this is some amazing progress you're making.

Honestly I think this mod has more progress than any other Palworld animation mod

18 hours ago, Dragneel013 said:

See ya guys in 5 years when there are animations and the framework have been improved. 

Blud, do you think these thing are made with a magic wand or something? wanna make it go faster? learn how to and go help the modders

5 hours ago, Lordchaosc said:

Honestly I think this mod has more progress than any other Palworld animation mod

Considering it's the only one I've seen that actually has posted any level of proof it exists, yeah. Everything else I've seen posted has been literally nothing more than a concept and maybe a Discord.

23 hours ago, Algene said:

Blud, do you think these thing are made with a magic wand or something? wanna make it go faster? learn how to and go help the modders

On 3/17/2024 at 6:30 AM, Lognatz said:

That's a pretty toxic attitude man. If you want things faster, then help make it faster.

Home boy the game is still early access. So it means as they will update and add new things which will break mods.. 5 years is generous. If its earlier even better. However you need to be realistic man the game is not even finished and your going to deal with a lot of broken mods people moving on to a different games. People have to wait on modders for the content which will take time as the game updates. I'm just being realistic I don't overestimate nor underestimate. I just look at the facts. 

23 hours ago, Algene said:

On 3/17/2024 at 6:30 AM, Lognatz said:

Home boy the game is still early access. So it means as they will update and add new things which will break mods.. 5 years is generous. If its earlier even better. However you need to be realistic man the game is not even finished and your going to deal with a lot of broken mods people moving on to a different games. People have to wait on modders for the content which will take time as the game updates. I'm just being realistic I don't overestimate nor underestimate. I just look at the facts. 

4 hours ago, Dragneel013 said:

none of that is supportive. It's only purpose is to dismiss the efforts of the modders. That's what people have a problem with.

1 hour ago, Innersight said:

none of that is supportive. It's only purpose is to dismiss the efforts of the modders. That's what people have a problem with.

Who said I wasn't? I am stating facts. Do you want me to lie to you and say you will do wonderful things? Does false reassurance make you feel good about yourself?  

9 hours ago, Dragneel013 said:

Who said I wasn't? I am stating facts. Do you want me to lie to you and say you will do wonderful things? Does false reassurance make you feel good about yourself?  

You already are lying. You're lying to make things feel worse. Five years is an extreme embellishment. If that's the type of energy you put out there then getting people tired of your energy is inevitable.

Look at this from the eyes of creators. They're putting a lot of heart and soul into these mods - and making decent time for it. Would you want to hear people making things up about how bad it'll be? The whole "woe is me" spiel because they aren't getting their free stuff fast enough?

On 3/16/2024 at 2:46 AM, Spirit_Shard said:

Currently the BasicsAnimPak only includes a single female solo animation and it'll be a bit before I make more, but hopefully people will start implementing their own animations soon. ^-^

Ohh that's curious. Let's say a person was going to try to make their own animation, what would be the best way to do that within your framework?