Project Sugar Cake (Sex and Stat Framework + Gameplay Mod)

Question about downloading lewd animations: Will the topic author will post a link in the main thread or would we have to search for animation packs? Hopefully in a future this thread will be pinned along with another thread having links to extra animations.

I am working on some pal x pal basic loops that will allow many pairings.
maybe not of the best quality, but I hope it'll become a base start for others to add more fancy animations on top.

I'll add a few more starting pals, and probably release this as is.

Here are some previews. (Note that pals missing proper lewd meshes, as we don't have them yet in a proper unified method. Honestly hoping for a SOS-alike system, otherwise genitalia will be just "hopefully" in right place.)

Spoiler

Annd of course do note that these are purely animations, they do not add anything other than play on demand.

9 hours ago, TemtemLover said:

maybe not of the best quality, but I hope it'll become a base start for others to add more fancy animations on top.

Those still look really good! I'm glad to see how much progress has been made since the launch of the game!
Hope this is just the start of more amazing mods from the community and we can finally love the Pals how we all wanted to from the start!

On 4/8/2024 at 11:25 PM, TemtemLover said:

Nice work so far!

Hopefully in the future adding animations will be simple instead of editing the loader.json file. I tried this for hours and when I finally got the entire thing to work, it seems only the basic animation set seems to work.

image.png.362127442dd798a821f7a9493b303d99.png

Just released a large update, Project Sugar Cake is officially in BETA!

SubscribeStar Post for the update : https://subscribestar.adult/posts/1251821

I went ahead and made a proper downloads page for SCake to make things a bit more official and help avoid some confusion I've been seeing around. (Lots of people seem to think SCake isn't public or released yet, but it's here!). With every downloads post is an automatically made thread, and it's probably for the best here since now that thread can focus on the actual release and not just on questions about dev or speculative questions/pre-release updates. I'll continue to watch both threads, so people can post in whichever they want, though keeping an updates post here has been a bit of a challenge (I tried to update information in too many places and found myself overwhelmed a bit) so I will be simplifying the main post and direct to the downloads page.

Here's the post from Discord covering the update

"
This update’s big features are related to the new UI and input system with refinements to all other aspects of the mod. SCake now has a custom input system that ties into a custom UI that allows settings configuration, seeing installed animations/events, and even adjusting animation playback with position and camera control! There’s a ton of changes and tweaks under the hood not mentioned in the changelog either with many optimizations and code simplifications that will make updating various sections of the mod much easier as well as improve performance. This was certainly one of those updates where I kept telling myself “oh, just one more quick addition” over and over and over… One particular thing I had to stop myself from continuing on is validation since it was taking a lot of time to research and get going, so the systems are there but not fully implemented or are disconnected/unused in the current build, so you can still start anims in cases where things will break and some strangeness can still happen. But overall, excited to see this update release! (I also made a quick logo and display set up to make posts not just a bunch of text, though I’m not super happy with them. Just another thing to improve over time I suppose.. ^-^)
___
The SubscribeStar post goes over the branding and the current road map
. My web tools are not working with the changes I've been making to my personal site so I'm not going to update this one there as it would take too much time...
"

This update is pretty massive with a lot of new front-facing changes as well as some backend tweaking and optimizations all over the place. Much happier with where the framework currently is and excited to see where we all take this next! Remember to leave me your ideas and feedback,. all the support and reports have made things go a lot smoother than expected!

On 4/6/2024 at 12:41 PM, Lordchaosc said:

Question about downloading lewd animations: Will the topic author will post a link in the main thread or would we have to search for animation packs? Hopefully in a future this thread will be pinned along with another thread having links to extra animations.

I've discussed this over on our Discord, but I'll also leave it here. I would really like to link to animation paks as long as they are freely available and easy to access! We have a dedicated mods release channel in our Discord which has some animation packs, but linking to those in external places is difficult (I encourage people to upload elsewhere as well, but I can't force people) however when they are posted places like LoversLab I'll try and link to them on the Downloads Page for the mod! I can't keep track of everything however, so if things really take off at some point it would be a good idea for someone to make their own 'animation tracking' thread or something! (They could maybe leave updates on where in-progress packs are as well?)

On 4/8/2024 at 2:25 PM, TemtemLover said:

maybe not of the best quality, but I hope it'll become a base start for others to add more fancy animations on top...

Just wanted to mention I really appreciate the work you and the others have been doing! (I know you've seen me say this over on the discord, just wanted to make my appreciation public over here as well >.<)

I think the animations are a great start, and your method to cover a larger number of pals will no doubt act as a base for a good while!

23 hours ago, kdu0714 said:

... I hope the animation continues endlessly. Is there any setting I can adjust for this? or can you make such a setting?

The newest release allows the customization of Animation Event duration, so you can extend how long animations last! A more 'director' style playback is in the plans, but won't be implemented for a while longer. When that system is in-place however you'll be able to set up animations to play as long as you want while being able to switch between them with more direct control over the animation.

5 hours ago, Lordchaosc said:

Hopefully in the future adding animations will be simple instead of editing the loader.json file. I tried this for hours and when I finally got the entire thing to work, it seems only the basic animation set seems to work.

I'm investigating various ways to try and make this easier, the current plan is to create a .bat file that puts them into the _LoadList.json automatically but I didn't get time this update. I'd like to figure out a way to avoid needing the load list entirely while also keeping the update compatibility of blueprints, but I don't have any solid solutions yet.

Also the animation player is fully featured, you will just need animation packs which include advanced animations. The SCake_BasicsAnimPak for example features a climax animation and will automatically play it when appropriate, we just don't have any complex animation releases yet as far as I'm aware. (We're still trying to get a baseline going for as many pairings as possible at the moment, while also setting up resources to make animation creation/importing easier)

Hi i have one problem i have installed all from Sugar cake and Temtems mods but i cant trigger any sexscene only the pals have theyr cocks idk if i have make something wrong but i have all installed how it mentioned here but do i miss something? i know it gives a fe mods here where you can create your own pals but do i need that all to make the sex animation work?

Looking forward to where this is going. If I might make a suggestion. I assume this can be a house of cards, but expressions can go a long way, and it could even be enough to make the difference betteen sugar Cake and Sour Cake (if that is still a thing?)

Just a heads up, I've decided to start working on some Anims of my own with a bit more work than the female solo one (also going to try going back and making an enhanced version of that anim) for a new anim pack. If anyone has any specific ideas/suggestions please let me know! ^-^ (We also have an animation suggestions thread over on our Discord, so if you have requests and want to ensure peoples working on anims see it, that may be a good call.)

3 hours ago, Bottlesoldier said:

...If I might make a suggestion. I assume this can be a house of cards, but expressions can go a long way, and it could even be enough to make the difference betteen sugar Cake and Sour Cake (if that is still a thing?)

Project Sugar Cake is sour cake, sour cake was just the original code name for it in my docs based on the situation at the time, I changed it to Sugar Cake so it better fits the tone (and because I really like the cake concept after failing to think of something else lol). In terms of 'expressions' I assume you mean facial expressions? These can already be controlled, some with bones but mostly through montages however an integrated way in SCake is planned, along with built-in sound triggers, just haven't gotten to it yet.

10 hours ago, Toran_Firesun said:

Hi i have one problem i have installed all from Sugar cake and Temtems mods but i cant trigger any sexscene...

Make sure you installed everything correctly. When SCake is properly working you'll see pink text on the left side pop-up. Hawk32 left a post over on TemtemLover's anim pack thread showing how the folders should be set up - https://www.loverslab.com/topic/229244-modscake-pack-temtemlovers-animations-mesh-pack/?do=findComment&comment=4351171 (They also kindly posted these on our Discord as well, it's pinned in r18_modding ^-^)
You also need UE4SS installed like it says in the readme.

4 hours ago, Spirit_Shard said:

Just a heads up, I've decided to start working on some Anims of my own with a bit more work than the female solo one (also going to try going back and making an enhanced version of that anim) for a new anim pack. If anyone has any specific ideas/suggestions please let me know! ^-^ (We also have an animation suggestions thread over on our Discord, so if you have requests and want to ensure peoples working on anims see it, that may be a good call.)

Project Sugar Cake is sour cake, sour cake was just the original code name for it in my docs based on the situation at the time, I changed it to Sugar Cake so it better fits the tone (and because I really like the cake concept after failing to think of something else lol). In terms of 'expressions' I assume you mean facial expressions? These can already be controlled, some with bones but mostly through montages however an integrated way in SCake is planned, along with built-in sound triggers, just haven't gotten to it yet.

Make sure you installed everything correctly. When SCake is properly working you'll see pink text on the left side pop-up. Hawk32 left a post over on TemtemLover's anim pack thread showing how the folders should be set up - https://www.loverslab.com/topic/229244-modscake-pack-temtemlovers-animations-mesh-pack/?do=findComment&comment=4351171 (They also kindly posted these on our Discord as well, it's pinned in r18_modding ^-^)
You also need UE4SS installed like it says in the readme.

I gotta ask, how would this mod work with other mods that change models of pals? I know there are some mods that anthromorphize certain pals, but how would that interact with animations exactly? Is there a way to make separate animation lists for pals of certain mods or what?

2 hours ago, Screws said:

I gotta ask, how would this mod work with other mods that change models of pals? I know there are some mods that anthromorphize certain pals, but how would that interact with animations exactly? Is there a way to make separate animation lists for pals of certain mods or what?

This is a very difficult problem to solve, but I've also kind of conceded that it's not really on me to fix necessarily. When changing the entire anatomy of a pal you're effectively saying you're going to do all animations, physics, hitboxes, systems, ect, and not just the mesh. I have a system in mind that can read and detect the skeletal mesh parameters to try and 'predict' if the skeleton is compatible or not, and if we get a proper mutli-shape pal framework at some point I do have skeletal mesh compares in the compatibility settings, those systems just don't exist yet in any form. (The closest we have is OK Framework and there's a handful of issues with that approach)

There's also limits with how UE5 references and uses assets, which is by path, so if someone replaces the original skeleton I can't just say "oh, it's this one" I have to run really complicated math that tries to compare to an existing set of params, but this could cause issues with alterations that are not changing anatomy drastically.

Overall though, I will always focus support on the original pal designs/anatomy first, mods that are closest to vanilla will have compatibility first, then we can worry about the others.

11 hours ago, Spirit_Shard said:

This is a very difficult problem to solve, but I've also kind of conceded that it's not really on me to fix necessarily. When changing the entire anatomy of a pal you're effectively saying you're going to do all animations, physics, hitboxes, systems, ect, and not just the mesh. I have a system in mind that can read and detect the skeletal mesh parameters to try and 'predict' if the skeleton is compatible or not, and if we get a proper mutli-shape pal framework at some point I do have skeletal mesh compares in the compatibility settings, those systems just don't exist yet in any form. (The closest we have is OK Framework and there's a handful of issues with that approach)

There's also limits with how UE5 references and uses assets, which is by path, so if someone replaces the original skeleton I can't just say "oh, it's this one" I have to run really complicated math that tries to compare to an existing set of params, but this could cause issues with alterations that are not changing anatomy drastically.

Overall though, I will always focus support on the original pal designs/anatomy first, mods that are closest to vanilla will have compatibility first, then we can worry about the others.

That's fair, I was just wondering if... ehhhh if its possible I guess to make animations work with alternate models and if so how it would work. It sounds like it could work, its just a really complicated process lol.

I do love the work you're doing though. You're awesome! : )

3 hours ago, rdisaac said:

seems to work on me  , i got anim and event menu but don't know how to play animations XD

the "o" key does nothing when aiming on pals

I : Up : End any animation the target is involved in
    K : Down : Start animation between player and the target
    J : Left : Select 2 targets to start an animation for

17 hours ago, Hetaya said:

I : Up : End any animation the target is involved in
    K : Down : Start animation between player and the target
    J : Left : Select 2 targets to start an animation for

thanks a lot ❤️