Project Sugar Cake (Sex and Stat Framework + Gameplay Mod)

6 hours ago, Innersight said:

You already are lying. You're lying to make things feel worse. Five years is an extreme embellishment. If that's the type of energy you put out there then getting people tired of your energy is inevitable.

Look at this from the eyes of creators. They're putting a lot of heart and soul into these mods - and making decent time for it. Would you want to hear people making things up about how bad it'll be? The whole "woe is me" spiel because they aren't getting their free stuff fast enough?

Nah I wasn't I told the facts that it will take 5 years. If its less than better. But the facts don't that the game is early access and will update which will cause mods to be broken. On top of that not many modders are going to mod the game or poeple will move on. Those don't change. If your upset just know that the facts don't give a fuck about your feels. Nor do I. 

5 hours ago, Dragneel013 said:

Nah I wasn't I told the facts that it will take 5 years. If its less than better. But the facts don't that the game is early access and will update which will cause mods to be broken. On top of that not many modders are going to mod the game or poeple will move on. Those don't change. If your upset just know that the facts don't give a fuck about your feels. Nor do I. 

Probably best that you just be about what you had mentioned before and comeback in 5 years. Do everyone a favor. Also, you don't know what the word "facts" mean. What you are talking about is assumption or an educated guess at best.

1 hour ago, dijitz23 said:

Probably best that you just be about what you had mentioned before and comeback in 5 years. Do everyone a favor. Also, you don't know what the word "facts" mean. What you are talking about is assumption or an educated guess at best.

I get it. Stay mad alright. What is this sentence structure? Sure I'll do me and you do you. 

Don't feed the trolls! Replying to negative, low-effort complaining is a waste of your energy that can be spent on MUCH better things

JSON animation importer sounds super cool! Are here any proof-of-concept videos or animations to show off? Or is everything still in the pipelines?

16 minutes ago, zileteh said:

Don't feed the trolls! Replying to negative, low-effort complaining is a waste of your energy that can be spent on MUCH better things

JSON animation importer sounds super cool! Are here any proof-of-concept videos or animations to show off? Or is everything still in the pipelines?

I agree. lmfao 

Posted (edited)

I've released an in-depth guide for setting up and importing animations with SCake! This guide will take you from knowing nothing about Palworld modding to getting animations playing in-game! It's a bit long as there's a ton of information and it's fairly thorough, but there are sections you can skip if you don't need them or are already familiar with Palworld modding. Also, it's the first article available on my website using my new format and tools! If you check it out on my site (michaelpstanich.com) I'd love to hear your feedback! ^-^

"SCake Guide : How to set up animating and import animations for Project Sugar Cake"

On my site : https://www.michaelpstanich.com/article/SCake_HowToMakeAnimsGuide.html
(I plan to also post it here on LoversLab but haven't gotten to it yet, I was too tired when I got the article published >.<)
(GDrive docs version available on Discord or linked on SubscribeStar (https://subscribestar.adult/posts/1226924), don't want to post directly here for safety)

We've been doing a lot of animation stuff over on Discord, getting a lot of modding resources made so people can jump right into animating as quickly as possible with plenty of samples being posted! I recommend people check it out if you're interested! (people may post some samples here laters, I'll also be doing some anim stuffs soon and will post those here when I get the chance)

On 3/23/2024 at 8:32 PM, zileteh said:

Over on Discord we have regular updates and discussions, it's just easier to post quick snippets and chat about things on there. X.x I don't know how to show a video of the JSON importer, it just does everything in the background and just shows a message when stuff registers (or an error if it broke lol), but it does work, we've been using it to get anims in-game since release. I did post a screenshot of the blueprints however, if that's what you mean?

On 3/24/2024 at 8:24 AM, bittertib said:

If the tools are already there then would it be possible to add to the game? There is a lot of model swaps but would it be possible to lets say add in new characters not as a swap but as a new entity? 

Technically you could add new stuff to the game, but because UE4SS doesn't enable editing datatables dynamically you would have to overwrite game data in a way that's not compatible. I think a lot of functions still need to be reverse engineered as well, a lot of AI stuff still isn't well understood.

9 hours ago, Torsten Torsten said:

"- Dynamic Gender/Sex Support"

What exaclty can i understand by that?

It means enabling more fluid genders for characters, it's enabled in SCake by using a "Sex Equipment" system rather than genders, so a "male" is recognized as having a "penis" but not breasts, female is having "breast and vagina", futa has "penis and breasts", that sort of thing. I explain it more in the Sugar Cake - Metadata.txt that distributes with the mod!
(SCake already supports it, however the game only registers Male/Female at the moment. In the future you will be able to configure which pals of which gender will apply to what 'equipment')

Edited by Spirit_Shard
1 hour ago, Spirit_Shard said:

It means enabling more fluid genders for characters, it's enabled in SCake by using a "Sex Equipment" system rather than genders, so a "male" is recognized as having a "penis" but not breasts, female is having "breast and vagina", futa has "penis and breasts", that sort of thing. I explain it more in the Sugar Cake - Metadata.txt that distributes with the mod!
(SCake already supports it, however the game only registers Male/Female at the moment. In the future you will be able to configure which pals of which gender will apply to what 'equipment')

Okay thats what i thougth. I wasnt sure tho

On 3/27/2024 at 1:42 AM, Hawk32 said:

Here's a couple teasers of some WIP animations that were shared and a small demonstration of player x pal.

On 3/27/2024 at 5:35 PM, TemtemLover said:

A few more cooking previews, we are mostly experimenting with rigs right now, but these are likely to be in the game at some point.
Warning! Quite gay <:

First and second animation by bokonus, thirdby me.

This is exciting! We've all been looking forward to these

On 3/27/2024 at 3:35 PM, TemtemLover said:

A few more cooking previews, we are mostly experimenting with rigs right now, but these are likely to be in the game at some point.
Warning! Quite gay <:

Holy shit, I'm super hype now :D

Imagine if there was a tool to convert skyrim anims to pal world anims.... there is a LARGE backlog in that community to pull from

14 hours ago, zileteh said:

Holy shit, I'm super hype now :D

Imagine if there was a tool to convert skyrim anims to pal world anims.... there is a LARGE backlog in that community to pull from

If that were possible, it'd be great, but there's basically zero chance of the skeletons being compatible to allow for that. Best that could realistically be done would be to look at some of those animations as reference material for making new anims

10 hours ago, AmaryllisThorne said:

If that were possible, it'd be great, but there's basically zero chance of the skeletons being compatible to allow for that. Best that could realistically be done would be to look at some of those animations as reference material for making new anims

Lamentably this is real, maybe if you're up to a lot of work you can do it, but honestly? is faster to do it from scratch

On 3/27/2024 at 5:35 PM, TemtemLover said:

Warning! Quite gay <:

These look amazing! Really looking forward to seeing more, and to see how this all turns out in the end

Ok here's some really shitty pictures showing how to add animations to your game. This is assuming you have the framework installed already.

image.png.f8333c86ab1b30fdde4fa6eabc6b338f.pngInstall2.png.0fe2077a170b73f7f10ea4c465dbe6bf.pngInstall3.png.c744522e071c011dce60667c5ac3b39f.pngInstall4.png.333e34f5197439d31a7593dbaacfc8db.png

Basically open up the animation file drag and drop the animations to the correct folders.

1: (AnimationName).pak goes in the ~mods folder along with the AnimJSON (folder) if one is included in the zip file.

2: In the AnimJSON(Folder) you place the (AnimationName).json

3: Open _Loadlist.json in your choice of text editor and then add the name of the animation to the list. In this case "BanimMod" and "SCakeBasicsAnimPak"

* Important Note: Spacing is important make sure all your lines line up nicely in the _Loadlist.json or it will fail.

Nope new update does not affect it.

image.png.65357f5b0d80825da2bb6177a29fd2a1.png

image.png.d923dc642bb709222c7d1cae8626c780.png

You'll know you've installed correctly if these pop up on the load screen keep in mind my instructions are only for adding animation packs. Not the installation of the base framework or ue4ss.

On 3/28/2024 at 5:35 AM, TemtemLover said:

Warning! Quite gay <:

This look sooo good