Help needed for New Vegas

I can't really make up much with the crashlog.

What is going wrong?
if:

- The game not showing the menu at startup --> missing soft/hard requirements or wrong order of loading plugins/mods.

- game crashes at new game --> Severely missing textures/meshes, incompatible meshes/textures /  mod conflict within doc Mitchell's house / game not running with 4GB patch and having memory issues / exceeding 137 plugins and not having the plugin-fix / missing soft requirements

also helps if you can post your load and/or installation order. (screenshots of the mod manager are also fine if you don't know where to find the lists)

On 1/31/2024 at 1:47 AM, dborg2 said:

I can't really make up much with the crashlog.

What is going wrong?
if:

- The game not showing the menu at startup --> missing soft/hard requirements or wrong order of loading plugins/mods.

- game crashes at new game --> Severely missing textures/meshes, incompatible meshes/textures /  mod conflict within doc Mitchell's house / game not running with 4GB patch and having memory issues / exceeding 137 plugins and not having the plugin-fix / missing soft requirements

also helps if you can post your load and/or installation order. (screenshots of the mod manager are also fine if you don't know where to find the lists)

Well good news I figured it out finally.  Installing NVAC fixed it right up, something to do with an issue with AMD's 24.1.1 drivers.  Now there's a new problem though.  I'm currently using the Shojo race mod but for the life of me I can't get the hairs to work.  Managed to get COTW and just use the meshes/textures, the rest of the mod I ignored.  But still my new Courier 6 is a skin head, doesn't make any sense.  Also using Ezekial Project but can't get the KO animations to work unless I got the key binding wrong.

Edited by legendarytoyou

If I recall correctly (it's a long time ago I even saw those mods) the requirements for the Shojo race are Mikoto-beauty and Lings-hair.

Do you have both mods installed?

I don't know anything about Ezekial Project.

2 hours ago, dborg2 said:

If I recall correctly (it's a long time ago I even saw those mods) the requirements for the Shojo race are Mikoto-beauty and Lings-hair.

Do you have both mods installed?

I don't know anything about Ezekial Project.

I have Lings-hair installed yes but that's the first I've heard of Mikoto-beauty.  I'll look into it, thanks.

On 2/2/2024 at 1:39 AM, legendarytoyou said:

I'm currently using the Shojo race mod but for the life of me I can't get the hairs to work.  Managed to get COTW and just use the meshes/textures, the rest of the mod I ignored.

Which version of Shojo are you using? This?

23 hours ago, DXCinereus said:

Which version of Shojo are you using? This?

No actually, this one https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35097

But you got me thinking, is the one you posted more up to date?  And I think I might have narrowed down the issue.  I never installed the Custom Race mod https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35196

That MAY have been the problem

23 minutes ago, legendarytoyou said:

No actually, this one https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35097

But you got me thinking, is the one you posted more up to date?  And I think I might have narrowed down the issue.  I never installed the Custom Race mod https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35196

That MAY have been the problem

Just tried that mod.  Nope still skin headed with no options.  Every hair style chosen just goes skin head.😭

I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with my active mod list.  Here it is if anyone wants to give me any tips.

0  0     FalloutNV.esm
  1  1     DeadMoney.esm
  2  2     HonestHearts.esm
  3  3     OldWorldBlues.esm
  4  4     LonesomeRoad.esm
  5  5     GunRunnersArsenal.esm
  6  6     ClassicPack.esm
  7  7     MercenaryPack.esm
  8  8     TribalPack.esm
  9  9     CaravanPack.esm
 10  a     YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm
 11  b     Shojo Race.esm
 12  c     Lings.esm
           Shojo Race Vegas.esm
 13  d     CustomRace.esm
 14  e     MikotoBeauty.esm
 15  f     The Crucified.esm
 16 10     EzekielProject.esp
 17 11     NVStripOpen.esm
 18 12     Free at Last.esp
 19 13     zzjayHairsFNV.esp
 20 14     Unofficial Patch NVSE Plus.esp
 21 15     YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp
 22 16     HairPatcher.esp
 23 17     MikotoBeauty.esp
 24 18     LingsPrettyThings.esp
 25 19     NCRTrooperOverhaul.esp
 26 1a     Roberts_NewVegas.esp
 27 1b     TrueBladeOfTheWest.esp
 28 1c     TrueBladeOfTheEast.esp
 29 1d     RangerSequoiaSafehouse.esp
 30 1e     PacifistPerks.esp
 31 1f     EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
 32 20     StripOpenMain.esp
 33 21     EzekielProject EVE Patch.esp
 34 22     The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
 35 23     FasterAccessToLucky38.esp
 36 24     Imp's Timescale Adjuster.esp
 37 25     UniqueThinkTank.esp
 38 26     calyps-sexyfisto.esp
 39 27     Better Burned Man.esp
 40 28     RaestlozPCIdles.esp
 41 29     Holster.esp
 42 2a     Neckchains.esp
 43 2b     TheBackpack.esp
 44 2c     MojaveStyles.esp
 45 2d     zz_MegatonHairs_Vanilla_Races.esp

Hope someone can help.  This is driving me nucking futs.🤣😭

Good news everyone!  I finally narrowed it down, apparently it had to do with AMD's recent 24.1.1 drivers for the 6700xt, my current GPU.  This mod on the Nexus fixes the issue:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/79299

Unfortunately it causes extreme slow down and performance problems.  It also address' though that the old Game Byro is starting to show its age.  Apparently the texture structure is extremely outdated hence why 24.1.1 can't create it because its now considered obsolete software.  For now anyone having the same missing hair issue can use the above fix but sadly it to is also out of date.  Need to wait for a possible update.  Thank you everyone for all your help.🥰

UPDATE:  Managed to get rid of the performance issues as well.  Use OneTweak will fix it right up.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/79211

There should also variants for Oblivion and Fallout 3 as well.  These were created to address how outdated the GameByro engine is in comparison to the Creation Engine.  Hope I can give some relief to people who are having the same grief I was.  Enjoy.

Edited by legendarytoyou

When it rains it pours.  I fixed the hair issue now I can't get the body to work properly.  I use BlackBlossom's Beware of Girl Body Replacer.

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34702

I just get some funky looking textures and black nickers looking undies.

I prefer some realism in game so having under wear that's super glued on is not very realistic.  If anyone can help in this department I'd be very grateful.  Thank you all again for your help.

Edited by legendarytoyou
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 2:48 AM, dborg2 said:

means you have a mesh that doesn't correspond to the texture from Beware of Girl.

If I recall correctly 'Beware of Girl' expects a Type 3 body.

Well I tried installing Type 3 body replacer, even manually installed in the Shojo folder even with CoTW installed as well.  Still nothing, I've given up.  It's not a game breaking problem and can still play New Vegas so I'll work without.  Unless I'm missing something, I'll just stick with the glued on undies.🤣🤷‍♂️

Edited by legendarytoyou