Hi, I'm trying to mod Skyrim Special Edition on my own and after installing Funnybizness Animation Pack I got a lot of warnings on FNIS and I dont know how to fix them, I tried to look it up online but nothing helped. I really never modded before so sorry if its super obvious, im using Vortex

I cant attach a photo so im gonna type the errors;

| "GENDER Specific Animations" - see FNIS Description> "Patches"
| "SKELETON Arm Fix" - see FNIS Description > "Patches"
"HKX File Compatibility Check Skyrim/SSE" - see FNIS Description > "Patches"
"File Redirection (Vortex/MO profiles support)" - see FNIS Description > "Patches"
|*tktk 1's "TK Dodge / Ultimate Combat" - www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1530
*xp32's "PC Exclusive Animation Path" (PCEA) - Mod NOT AVAILABLE for SSE!
*xp32's "New Animation for Running with Bow" - Mod NOT AVAILABLE for SSE!
*xp32's "New Animation for 1H Weapon" - Mod NOT AVAILABLE for SSE!
*xp32's "Momo Acrobatic Jump" - Mod NOT AVAILABLE for SSE!
rongphale's "Horsemen Mounted Combat Enh." - Mod NOT AVAILABLE for SSE!
*Moljka's "Blocking Combat Behavior Improv. for Skyrim" - Mod NOT AVAILABLE for SSE!
DServant's "Archery Gameplay Overhaul SE" -http://www.nexusmods.com/.../mods/24296
*Spike DragonLord's "Centaur Race Alpha WIP" - Mod NOT AVAILABLE for SSE!

For starters untick all the entries which say "Mod NOT AVAILABLE for SSE!"

If you don't use one or both of the entries with the nexus link then untick those.

I don't use SSE so I can't be sure about the remaining apart from the Skeleton Arm Fix - leave that one ticked.

"File Redirection (Vortex/MO profiles support)" - see FNIS Description > "Patches"

these are common settings used by many (?most?)  players in SSE. 

For the last one in that group, IFF I have vortex set up to autorun during deployment, I check it. I think it has some comm function for vortex/nexus during vortex transfer installs. I leave it turned off IFF I'm running FNIS alone, all by itself, from a shortcut. I think  it flags as a warning or maybe even error if left checked, while manually running FNIS. 

|*tktk 1's "TK Dodge / Ultimate Combat" - www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1530

Check this IFF you have the associated mod installed

*Moljka's "Blocking Combat Behavior Improv. for Skyrim" - Mod NOT AVAILABLE for SSE!

Should be pretty clear. Don't check these if you're playing SE/AE. 

DServant's "Archery Gameplay Overhaul SE" -http://www.nexusmods.com/.../mods/24296

PS> IFF means if and only if. 

Edited by anjenthedog
15 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

these are common settings used by many (?most?)  players in SSE. 

For the last one in that group, IFF I have vortex set up to autorun during deployment, I check it. I think it has some comm function for vortex/nexus during vortex transfer installs. I leave it turned off IFF I'm running FNIS alone, all by itself, from a shortcut. I think  it flags as a warning or maybe even error if left checked, while manually running FNIS. 

PS> IFF means if and only if. 

the only checked box that I have is SKELETON arm fix, the rest are all off

Fairly certain this issue was resolved, no? You have/had the LE variant of the Funnybiz mod/mods installed.

Edit: and for those wondering what black magic is this: ScorchingFlesh PM'ed me and we sorted it out.

Edited by traison
2 hours ago, ScorchingFlesh said:

the only checked box that I have is SKELETON arm fix, the rest are all off

Fairly certain you are going to need gender specific checked, given the website this discussion is on.

otherwise I'd guess that characters will appear in any role in the animations, which might work for non-binary characters but YMMV.

25 minutes ago, JimUpdating said:

Fairly certain you are going to need gender specific checked, given the website this discussion is on.

My understanding as well. 

And the HKX checkbox supports (afaik) older behaviors one might encounter from legacy mods.

In any case, unless someone can authoritatively show evidence that checking any of the three "primary" checkboxes will *harm* their game, it seems prudent to leave them checked (or check them if they aren't) to "cover the bases".

Edited by anjenthedog
2 hours ago, traison said:

Fairly certain this issue was resolved, no? You have/had the LE variant of the Funnybiz mod/mods installed.

WADR, If so, it was resolved via PM, which can't be seen in public discourse. "ScorchingFlesh PM'ed me and we sorted it out."

At least I see no evidence in this thread that the OP admitted he/she had installed an LE mod, although it's quite possible considering how many of us fall victim to seeing "shinies" in YT vids and click links without thinking at early stages of modding.  (at least that's how I ended up installing many LE mods. from watching showcases presented by LE players - and clicking the presented **LE-associated** links - when I was still fresh, ignorant of the SE/LE distinction, and slightly more careless than I normally am.

for the OP:

Bit of unrequested advise that may serve you as a "newb" (not an insult, just a statement of fact >>> "I really never modded before so sorry if its super obvious"). When performing widenet searches (google, etc) for a mod for SE/AE, prepend "skyrim special edition" to your search, in order to isolate returns from their LE variants, since there are a ton of LE links that may take precedence when searching for mods, due to LE's "elder" status on the net. 

Also, when installing mods, make sure to go slow. Often times, we get into "trouble" by installing multiple mods then finding the game won't work. You may or not have experienced it, but there's one sure way to avoid it, One mod at a time, with subsequent checking of its efficacy *in-game* before you install another.

Edited by anjenthedog
more blather
1 hour ago, anjenthedog said:

At least I see no evidence in this thread that the OP admitted he/she had installed an LE mod

That's because that was sent to me via PM for some reason, rather than here. My previous comment was aimed at the author of this thread as a nudge-nudge to say something in this thread to stop others wasting time on what has already been solved.