Oversensitive people at the nexus

There was a new Daughter of War armor released and it made hot files, and people were throwing a fucking FIT because it had a swastika symbol on the shoulder-pad.

Am I just completely emotionless, or are the kiddies at the nexus massive whineasses?

Also, if I'm not allowed to mention the nexus, feel free to PM me and let me know and I'll have this deleted.

Nexus fucks are morons.

EDITED

Reason #27 (and counting) why Nexus will NEVER HAVE THE PRIVILEGE of hosting my content again.  Why the fuck would I want that?  Your typical Nexus member is 'that guy' who wore his underwear in the shower in gym class and I don't want THAT GUY using anything I make.  (Note, my reference to the hypothetical 'that guy' is NOT a slam directed at the OP.)

Pretty sure this will turn into a political discussion... oh wait, it already did.

Nope.  Just pointing out the obvious.

Edit: Looked at the images on Nexus.  It's a Nazi swastika alright.  Arms facing the wrong way for it to be an East Asian one.  Not that I really care about what happens at Nexus, outside of making fun of them.

It IS a nazi swastika, yeah... but for fucks sake, people need to learn to stop whining over everything. I'm not sure if they're just trolls or they're just the most sensitive people ever. Also, this isn't really a discussion... more of a ranting thread.

Also, Kendo, what kind of work did you have? Would love to see it :)

Aw thats quite sad. Such a good mod and obviously lots of work went into it just for a bunch of people to complain like that. And I must agree with you guys, I have many issues with Nexus, some shady things happening there, lots of rude members.

Oh well, just keep doing what we're doing here and strive to be better than those people and Nexus, and obviously in some ways In my opinion we are :)

If you'd like a copy of the file, PM me. I was 100% Positive it was going to go under the 'indefinite review' status, and am willing to provide a copy (However, I'm not going to post it publically incase the autho is against that.). I'll also PM the author asking him if he'd like me to re-upload it here at LL, assuming this is the old "INDEFINITE "REVIEW"" bullshit they pull.

Guest kimbale

Just to clear this up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

If everyone lets the biggest assholes in history take age old, iconic symbols that are deeply rooted in human psychology from humanity the world will never be mentally free. Same goes for runes, i get wierd looks for writing down some in college. Or the prussian culture. I could go on for ages, being german myself...

I've saw that armor... and I'm not surprised by the uproar.

Yes, in theory IS the old symbol (the cross orientation), but in reality this is often a cover for people who actually are referring to nazi swastika.

Its design on the armor looks pretty modern day too... and also its position on the pauldron seems a reference to modern day military.

So I would say: It's clearly a nazi reference... Why people should not complain? In some countries (like germany) It's even illegal.

But there is more.

I would say it's quite ugly and really out of context. The armor is well done, it's not a child play. Then the modder put that swastika like out of nowhere. It doesn't look like it has been forged with the pauldron. The texture are not right. It would be the same if the author spend hours refining armor details and then dropped a MacDonald "M" over it.

So it's a very weird design choice coupled with sensitive political issue. 
I'd say I'm quite surprise at the courage of Nexus guys to keep it on the hotfiles.
Nexus is not Loverlab. They are different world and they should stay separate. I enjoy both.
Loverslab it's like the back alley, the pirate cove, the underground place where there is (almost) no limit. That's because LL is not in the spotlight.

Nexus is like Disney co. They're on the outside world. Everything they do will be evaluate and discussed. They are obliged to take in consideration what is commonly called Politically correctness.

It's an understandable thing to get upset over. It was, and kind of still is, a symbol of dark times...

I know, I'm probably the only one here that "defends" nexus, but hey what can I say; They've treated me fair over the past year or two I've been with them. Not gonna jump on the hate wagon to please others.

Though Lowes is having a decent sale on pitchforks and shovels if anyones interested.

It's an understandable thing to get upset over. It was, and kind of still is, a symbol of dark times...

I know, I'm probably the only one here that "defends" nexus, but hey what can I say; They've treated me fair over the past year or two I've been with them. Not gonna jump on the hate wagon to please others.

Though Lowes is having a decent sale on pitchforks and shovels if anyones interested.

They've never really given ME any shit personally, too (Okay, maybe a few times, but as you may have guessed, I don't take things personally / am very hard to offend). However, after watching what has happened over the past... what, two years? No, it's probably been longer. I've been with the nexus since early Oblivion days, I believe. After watching the shit that happens, how unbelievably BAD some moderators are, it just gets to you. There's a point where you say "This is fucking stupid" and sort of adopt a "I'm-gonna-bash-you-every-chance-I-get" Personality.

At least, that's how it is for me. Don't get me wrong, a good majority of the nexus' actual community is pretty okay, it's not them I direct my hate towards, as I've rarely seen an 'asshole' user (Though I know they exist). It's the moderators, especially TVD. They just power trip constantly, and when they ban people (Usually for inflamatory posts), they put inflamatory statements IN their ban text. What the fuck?

Anyways, /endrant . This thread has turned into a huge nexus rant. I'm okay with this but I can see it getting locked in the forseeable future.

EDIT: By the way, this post isn't directed at you, your post just kind of spurred a random rant from me. Again, it wasn't meant to offend you or anything.

Edit: I was also given permission by the mod author to re-upload his mod on LL. Look for it in the 'Non-Adult Section' tomorrow (Or today, depending on your timezone. 3:40 AM where I am.). I don't have any screens of it so I'll have to take a few.

...Who cares... what's wrong with Nazi swag? Come at me bros!

But seriously it's been too long since WWII. They aren't demonized in schools like they use to be and for the most part they are just classic movie villains now (Empire, hellboy, etc). They're relics of the past that pretty much aren't talked about anymore (never in Germany) along with the fact that there are current threats like what's happening in places like Africa. I personally don't see why people are so focused on past evils when there is genocide going on right now.

I bet if I made a mod with a big red cross on the chest people won't complain about the crusaders. They killed Jews, gentiles, everybody else not like them too. Hell you play them in some games as the good guys. Bet in 50 years you'll be playing Nazis in video games as the good guys. Stroheim please... "German Science is the best in the world!"

Plus no matter how you turn it the swastika is a very powerful symbol artistically the hard curves lines with sharp 90 degree angles makes it an instant symbol of strength compared to the symbols of fear which incorporate curves which are more common today.

...Who cares... what's wrong with Nazi swag? Come at me bros!

But seriously it's been too long since WWII. They aren't demonized in schools like they use to be and for the most part they are just classic movie villains now (Empire, hellboy, etc). They're relics of the past that pretty much aren't talked about anymore (never in Germany) along with the fact that there are current threats like what's happening in places like Africa. I personally don't see why people are so focused on past evils when there is genocide going on right now.

I bet if I made a mod with a big red cross on the chest people won't complain about the crusaders. They killed Jews, gentiles, everybody else not like them too. Hell you play them in some games as the good guys. Bet in 50 years you'll be playing Nazis in video games as the good guys. Stroheim please... "German Science is the best in the world!"

Plus no matter how you turn it the swastika is a very powerful symbol artistically the hard curves lines with sharp 90 degree angles makes it an instant symbol of strength compared to the symbols of fear which incorporate curves which are more common today.

It's understandable why SOME people would still get offended by this (Specifically the ones that were alive during this event). However, most of the population needs to just... grow a pair and learn to move on. It happened, the past is the past, they need to stop dwelling on it, otherwise it'll always be 'emotionally traumatizing'.

Apparently I'm now Dr. Phil.

So what you're saying then, is that someone was attention whoring, and they got attention?  Well huh, how about that.

Yes, putting anything resembling a swastika on your armor, clothes, house, whatever, is attention-whoring, whether it's trying to own the swastika itself, or so you can be that guy who goes: "nuh uh stoopid it's just an Asian symbol of deep meaning blahblahbuddhishm blah" and make yourself feel superior in your understanding of the world.  

Symbols only have meaning as far as a shared understanding, nothing more intrinsic than that.  The swastika had a much more recent and much more severe impact on the Western world, so it's what it is going to be seen as.  It might not be older, but it is MUCH more iconic, and now much more rooted in human psychology.   

As for the Nexus, rarely had a problem.  Seen some unfair enforcement, but typically listening to people complain about being booted or the modmin tactics I'm reminded of the Shawshank Redemption's line "Don't you know man, everybody's innocent here".  

@cornbread
Regarding the crusaders. It's not a problem with the symbol per se. It's the context.

If the mod was about adding third reich soldiers (or panzer tanks! Cool!) in Skyrim I don't think there would be any rant about the presence of the swastika. I'm sure the rant would have been all about the lorefriendliness, but it wouldn't really have turned in a hot political debate.

In that case the presence of the swastika would have made sense. Which does not, in my opinion, in the case of Daughter of War. 

@cornbread

Regarding the crusaders. It's not a problem with the symbol per se. It's the context.

If the mod was about adding third reich soldiers (or panzer tanks! Cool!) in Skyrim I don't think there would be any rant about the presence of the swastika. I'm sure the rant would have been all about the lorefriendliness, but it wouldn't really have turned in a hot political debate.

In that case the presence of the swastika would have made sense. Which does not, in my opinion, in the case of Daughter of War. 

Well, considering that I explained the symbol on an artistic level in my post apparently you don't understand the artistic piece. Which is easy if your not an artist but it fits the armor perfectly, if you understand what the artist was trying to get across. Since you don't, I can't help you. You literally can't give someone an artistic eye or the knowledge to understand art interpretation. So for many it will be a political statement even though there was no political thoughts in the piece.

Sadly today most people just go by "hey, that looks cool." Severus616 never went by that and all of their piece can be viewed as a collection all sharing the same artistic touch or signature letting you know who that artist is before you even see the name. I pointed out the crusaders because their Lady Templar armor has a big ass cross on the front of it, and nobody batted an eye. Which shows you that it's just over sensitivity when it comes to Daughter of War.

Nobody is really mad they just think they should be... and that's sad.

First thing I saw when I looked at that armor, was the emblem on the shoulder pads, I thought, "Wait, is that a swastika? The Hindu symbol for peace and harmony? Yes, yes it is."

For sec there I was worried, it could of been a Holy Cross! Now there's an iconic emblem associated with billions of deaths, torture, and dismay through out history. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking anyone or anything, I have no interest in religion or politics, everyone has their right to believe what they believe imo.

My only question is, How well they really know what they believe?