[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)

Guest luthienanarion

If you see the main menu, your crash is not caused by this mod. The end.

By that point, the DLL has already done everything is was going to do.

Guest luthienanarion

...saying this mod doesn't cause crashes, well, we all know how mod authors are with their favorite mods...

Considering that I'm the one person who knows exactly what it does and when, I can say that. If the DLL is the cause of a crash, it will happen before the menu loads. A crash at any other time is because of something else.

I don't give a flying fuck about this game or this mod, so don't try to project your bullshit perceptions of mod authors onto me.

I tried out the new dll with  my Skykids MO profile, which mostly has mods to make the game look better

and stability enhancements. I have not encountered any problems so far. I tried picking up various objects,

including healing potions, and used it with an existing save game.

Luthien is not infallible, but he has managed to pull off some really high level work in various Bethesda

games that require a skill set way beyond the run of the mill modder.

Guest luthienanarion

If your game is crashing before the menu loads, something in your load order is fucked. There's no way for me to tell you what that may be, because Hawk wants logging disabled for release builds.

If you are 100% sure your game is not crashing on startup due to a missing master:

Here's a list of things that are completely irrelevant:

1) Your windows version. This has never mattered, and it never will.

2) Your hardware, at all. Yes, I mean that none of it matters.

3) Anything in the game that is not an ARMO record. If potions are crashing your game, point your finger elsewhere.

3) Meshes, textures, or any other non-plugin data files of any kind. The DLL only checks whether they exist or not.

Some things that could cause problems:

1) If you are running a pirated copy of Skyrim, you fucked up. Buy it.

2) If you are running a Skyrim version other than 1.9.32.0, you fucked up. Update it.

3) If you installed a version of SKSE other than 0.1.7.3, you fucked up. Update it.

4) If you ran a SkyProc patcher with Skykids enabled, you fucked up. Delete its patch and re-run it with SK disabled.

5) If you have a Skykids patch for a hair mod, you fucked up. Delete it.

6) If you installed RaceCompatibility from anywhere other than this page, you fucked up. Replace it.

7) If you somehow do not have all of the 32-bit Visual C++ runtimes installed, get them here, here, and here. There is no reason not to have these.

If your SKSE log states that the DLL reported as incompatible, one of the following is true:

1) Your game version is not 1.9.32.0. See above.

2) Your Skykids.ESM has been modified. Replace it with the copy in the archive and do not edit that file in any way for any reason.

If none of the above applies to you and the game crashes while running the SK_Init() routine before the menu, an ARMO record in one of your plugins is massively broken in some way.

If your game crashes at some point AFTER the main menu, it's caused by something else. Start pruning hair mods.

Funny, put the dll in...crash, replace with original...no crash, because we all know you are an absolutely perfect programmer who has never, ever made a mistake with a game you don't even play, end of story.

It's actually not that simple.  Crashing after you stick in a mod doesn't MEAN that mod is CAUSING the problem.  It can mean that, that mod is REVEALING the problem.

That is the thing with modding.  Why we clean mods with Tes5edit and we do so many other things.  An unclean mod will work fine, but might suddenly stop working when you add another mod.  That doesn't mean the other mod is the problem.

A few days ago I tried to start a breton character using unpetite and she had huge boobs.  I was like WTF? So I checked UNPetite and there were no overrides.  I checked all my textures and meshes in other places and no overrides.  And "obviously" big boobs when they should be petite is a mesh problem.

After much searching, I found out that Empyrean Warpaints was overriding a Racemenu script moving Empyrean Warpaints higher than Racemenu fixed it.

I had another problem a few weeks ago when I changed the resolution of my monitor and made a few changes to my enblocal.ini.  Suddenly I notice the enb message saying that it was using my integrated intel card instead of the nvidia card.  So I spend a lot of time resetting my enb local and switching enbs, and all kinds of other troubleshooting.  And finally remember that I changed my resolution.  So I go back and apparently changing resolution made the intel driver take control.

So yea, lots of times in modding what you would think is the problem, is not the problem.  If other people can't duplicate your problem, and you described the problem sufficiently, then that means there is something you aren't telling us, generally something apparently completely unrelated causing the problem.

Just for a point of reference.  I play on a laptop with integrated intel 4600 and Nvidia.  I'm using windows 10 with ENB, Wrapper version not injector version.  I've probably near to 400 active mods in the left panel of MO and play skykids almost exclusively after I converted from RCOTS.

What I don't get is why you're fisking with the .dll specifically.  The skykids package is a package and should be treated as such.  If I ever had a problem with skykids I went back to the OP and redownloaded everything and re-read the instructions and followed them as religiously as I could to eliminate user error.

This is not what I wanted, for my rough manners, I apologize, but, for me, it's still broken, why?

1. My copy is legitimate

2. My copy is updated

3. I am running the latest SKSE

4. I am not using SkyProc

5. Here's the kicker, I'll be damned if anyone is going to tell me what mods I can run or not, I'll keep using the old version with my hair mods.

6. I'm using the correct version of Race Compatibility, I need it for Better Vampires anyway.

7. I have ALL the Visual Basic runtimes for both 32 and 64 bit architectures.

So it comes down to hair mods, I stand by my statement...

On second thought, I'm taking the entire damned thing out, I REFUSE to have a DRM encumbered mod in my load order, and before you say it doesn't have any DRM, try editing the esm, and I REFUSE to have a dll running hidden, possibly malicious code that crashes my game because I'm running some mods the creator doesn't approve of, I won't be back here, so deal with it or not.

Hello!

Have somebody the same  problem, that skykids use the same meshes as the adult people? Skykids girls have breast´, curvy body, only with armor, clothes.

I use CBBE, with bodyslide mesh conversions. Is that the problem?

Have somebody an idea, how i can fix it?

Sorry for my english, it is bad :blush:

Hello!

Have somebody the same  problem, that skykids use the same meshes as the adult people? Skykids girls have breast´, curvy body, only with armor, clothes.

I use CBBE, with bodyslide mesh conversions. Is that the problem?

Have somebody an idea, how i can fix it?

Sorry for my english, it is bad :blush:

For the converter to work, there has to be another lolified armor in the meshes/skykids-armorswap directory. with the same folder and name as the normal armor.  If there is not a lolified copy, then your character will just wear the normal armor, and the fit will suck.

So assuming there is a bodyslide for the problem armor, run bodyslide with your skykids CBBE body settings, save to folder (crtl-ok I think) Then copy the directory structure of the other mod into skykids-armorswap, and then paste the meshes from the bodyslide output to the folders you made.

Now when you don the armor, it should switch to the child version instead of wearing the adult version.

Hey can someone help: I have installed just as followed. Everything did fine, characters changed and voices etc... But none of them have armor or clothing on. They are all Vanilla underwear. May get a link please? Thanks

-SS

Sounds like you messed up the armorswapper installation.  Did you install in the middle of a playthrough?  Click on a naked npc and open the console.  Type disable wait for the npc to dissapear and then enable.

This is not what I wanted, for my rough manners, I apologize, but, for me, it's still broken, why?

1. My copy is legitimate

2. My copy is updated

3. I am running the latest SKSE

4. I am not using SkyProc

5. Here's the kicker, I'll be damned if anyone is going to tell me what mods I can run or not, I'll keep using the old version with my hair mods.

6. I'm using the correct version of Race Compatibility, I need it for Better Vampires anyway.

7. I have ALL the Visual Basic runtimes for both 32 and 64 bit architectures.

So it comes down to hair mods, I stand by my statement...

On second thought, I'm taking the entire damned thing out, I REFUSE to have a DRM encumbered mod in my load order, and before you say it doesn't have any DRM, try editing the esm, and I REFUSE to have a dll running hidden, possibly malicious code that crashes my game because I'm running some mods the creator doesn't approve of, I won't be back here, so deal with it or not.

Sour grapes dude.  A great many mods will have incompatible mods list.  So yea, someone is gonna tell you what mods you can run or not.  Or at least tell you that if you run those mods, they are incompatible, so fix it yourself. 

If you have problems with dlls, then there are a LOT of mods you'll need to remove.  SKSE, bug fixes, onetweak, precachekiller, Quickloot, Racemenu, ECE, SmartSouls, meh, pages of mods just from doing a *.dll search of my MO/Mods directory.  So yeahhhh. 

Sour grapes.

Thanks for the Answer, its work,

but the mod "Remodeld Armor with HDT" iritate the armorswapper.dll, the esp change the Outfit and i can't change that to normal look.

I try something, maybe ^^

Edit:

So, i don't find a way for the vanilla switch (Vanilla-Armor to Skykids-Armor with modded "Adult" Armors)

But i found a solution, not the best,

install skykids:

https://mega.nz/#!eQsAyY5Q!wR8o0kZP7ZiEGIpzYiCFVthXkMlriXFwaGVE58L9r-s

install Textures from RCOTS Armor Pack:

https://mega.nz/#!hJ...GpqD-RXQbG34ud0

install Textures from RCOTS FriendChildren:

https://mega.nz/#!QN...SjQpoYGC18sR5R0

install RCOTS Armor & Clothing packed for Skykids:
https://mega.nz/#!UR...RGS557faOsTQQfs

at least install RCOTS Immersive Armor, packaged for Skykids (v1.1).
http://www.mediafire...ive_armor1.1.7z

You don't need the esp's... 

What for a work ... :mellow:

I have found a solution for "Skykids no wear armor/clothe",

I have translate the esm and no cloth, if i use the original esm all okay, very strange -_-

additional mods to Skykids:

Inconsequential NPC patch

Hostle NPC patch

XPSME 3.6 Patch

Alternate Look

+ the meshes from above ^^

I have found a solution for "Skykids no wear armor/clothe",

I have translate the esm and no cloth, if i use the original esm all okay, very strange -_-

additional mods to Skykids:

Inconsequential NPC patch

Hostle NPC patch

XPSME 3.6 Patch

Alternate Look

+ the meshes from above ^^

Modifying the Skykids ESM is not allowed. The plugin will not load if you have made any changes to it.

Modify the playable child plugin or the alt-male plugin instead.

1.  Since you did away with the armor patcher, maybe you could do away with the need to build independent child races?  (just overlay the default paths with your stuff using the fancy armor programming?)

2.  Using the armor swapping tools as a basis, should you be able to swap actual children, could you have it auto add custom races?  Nezumi, Fennec, Lungaris?

3.  Could you please add the spiderman and dragonborn bone armors?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Please be aware that nifhealer healed these files:

skykids-armorswap\sk-boy\armor\draugr

draugrarmormale_0.nif

draugrarmormale_1.nif

skykids-armorswap\sk-boy\armor\falmer

falmerarmorm_0.nif

falmerarmorm_1.nif

skykids-armorswap\sk-boy\armor\steel

cuirass_0.nif

cuirass_1.nif

cuirasslight_0.nif

cuirasslight_1.nif

This may cause crashes, or not, but I haven't ever noticed any hostile skykids wearing these now that it is brought  to my attention.

Is the Skykids.esm included in the mine package in the OP current? Because I'm getting a CTD when interacting with a talking activate (the Mara statue from Live Another Life) with it active.

Skykids.esm info:

Size: 995 KB
Author: en_hawk
CRC: 3DBD800F

Active Mod Files:

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  HearthFires.esm
04  Dragonborn.esm
05  RaceCompatibility.esm
06  Skykids.esm
07  Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp  [Version 3.1.4]

I haven't had a chance to start picking apart Skykids.esm yet to see exactly what the problem is but I did find this like in Live Another Lifes readme that may help explain the crash.

Guest User#25981

After replacing vanilla NPCs with Skykids I experience very low FPS once a child char gets visible on the screen. I was relieved to read that XPMSE child skeleton fixes this problem and that it was due to HDT. However I tried installing both 3.6 skeletons and also disabled HDT on NMM yet the problem persists in new games. To be sure, I allow the skeletons to overwrite everything else. It's curious that when I play as a child character the fps doesn't drop, the problem only occurs with NPC replaced children. The problem is specifically related to Skykids because when I tried converting npc's using RSchildren the FPS didn't drop. I'm also suspecting it's related to the FaceGen data because when I zoom on the child npc under the neck the FPS remains high. I've experimented for several hours trying to disable different mods or reinstall them with different settings to no avail. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

I use both of those and have not had that problem.

I have used both these together for months with out any issues until now. I'm honestly not sure whats going on and that why I asked. If someone could verify that the CRC in my last post is correct I would grateful.

=== Edit ===

Its the updated SK_Armor_SKSE.dll found here that's causing the crash.

Replacing the new dll with the old dll and no more craches on interacting with "talking activaters".

Here's an updated SK_Armor_SKSE DLL: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Ah0kg7qJoibmk2QlJCTjEtb2c

Updates from the version that comes with Skykids:

• The game no longer crashes at the main menu if Skykids.esm is not enabled.
  • Health, magicka, stamina, and their regeneration values are copied from the corresponding adult races.
  • Racial spells are copied from the corresponding adult races.
  • Keywords are copied from the corresponding adult races.
  • The Skykids races are detected as their adult counterparts by conditions (and scripts?).
Notes:

• The race-data spoofing and modified race detection allows you to use (race) overhaul mods without patches. I recommend Imperious.
  • If you are using Requiem, disable Skykids and related plugins when running its SkyProc patcher and re-enable them afterward. Otherwise, it will bitch about nothing and quit.
  • The Skykids ESM cannot be modified, but the Playable Kids and Alt Male Body plugins can. If you absolutely must change a record in the ESM, do it in a patch.

I use both of those and have not had that problem.

I have used both these together for months with out any issues until now. I'm honestly not sure whats going on and that why I asked. If someone could verify that the CRC in my last post is correct I would grateful.

=== Edit ===

Its the updated SK_Armor_SKSE.dll found here that's causing the crash.

Replacing the new dll with the old dll and no more craches on interacting with "talking activaters".

Here's an updated SK_Armor_SKSE DLL: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Ah0kg7qJoibmk2QlJCTjEtb2c

Updates from the version that comes with Skykids:

• The game no longer crashes at the main menu if Skykids.esm is not enabled.
  • Health, magicka, stamina, and their regeneration values are copied from the corresponding adult races.
  • Racial spells are copied from the corresponding adult races.
  • Keywords are copied from the corresponding adult races.
  • The Skykids races are detected as their adult counterparts by conditions (and scripts?).
Notes:

• The race-data spoofing and modified race detection allows you to use (race) overhaul mods without patches. I recommend Imperious.
  • If you are using Requiem, disable Skykids and related plugins when running its SkyProc patcher and re-enable them afterward. Otherwise, it will bitch about nothing and quit.
  • The Skykids ESM cannot be modified, but the Playable Kids and Alt Male Body plugins can. If you absolutely must change a record in the ESM, do it in a patch.

I am also running that one as well.