[Project Zomboid] ZomboWin - A ZomboLewd Framework mod

On 2/4/2024 at 1:26 AM, sidfu1 said:

you realy didnt mod your skyrim right in that case. all those issues are symptoms of a bad modded game.

Wrong, it's the other way around: Developer error, not user error. Almost every framework on loverslab is notoriously hard to assemble (and "assemble" is the correct term, since it's always a giant patchwork clusterfuck). And out of all frameworks in this community, sexlab is the hardest to get working without bugs and quirks. I'm a developer and i have over 20 years computing experience, yet it took me over FIVE HUNDRED hours of trial and error to finally get an NSFW skyrim setup that works flawlessly and almost never crashes.

So yes, it is possible, but the effort and knowledge required completely unrealistic for the average user. 

Zombolewd in comparison? Unpack the main mod, naked zombies mod, and some nudemod. Activate all three in the correct order. DONE! 30 minutes work maximum, compared to 500 hours. Now one might say the comparison is unfair, because this framework doesn't even offer a tiny fraction of sexlab features. True but also false: Even just getting bodies set up in skyrim takes dozens of hours worth of experience. And that's just one of the prereqs - equivalent in scope to just unpacking an activating a PZ nudeskin.

TLDR: Bottlesoldier's criticism of skyrim NSFW modding is completely valid, because that's the average experience of users unwilling to spend hundreds of hours to get shit working.

Edited by libertyordeath

no that is literally user error. you say your a dev but you must realy not interact with  the users or help troubleshoot for users much. it takes around 1-2 hours to setup a bare bones  skyrim nsfw  game..... and it only takes 2 hours if you  cant decide 3ba or bhunp for your body or which body texture.

ive literally did it multiple times due to various computer or external issues.

dont bother replying as i wont read it and i dont want to hijack the topic from zombilewd

20 hours ago, sidfu1 said:

it takes around 1-2 hours to setup a bare bones  skyrim nsfw  game..... and it only takes 2 hours if you  cant decide 3ba or bhunp for your body or which body texture.

Person 1: "It takes dozens of hours worth of experience to set up bodies in skyrim"

Person 2: "Nonsense! I spent dozens of hours to become a pro at this, and now that i know everything in advance, it only takes me 1-2 hours. Therefore you're wrong."

Person 3: "I can't understand why not everyone is a professional 3D artists and earns 200K a year. Sure, i spent 10 years in the industry to become a grandmaster, but now i can pump out models by the dozen per hour. Why can't people who can barely open microsoft paint be as rich as me?"

I leave it to the audience to decide which "persons" are the clowns here. Full disclaimer: I am totally drunk as a type this, barely strugling to type a coherence sentence. Let's see how i fare against the establishment. Yes, this is a direct challenge in the same vein as The Critical Drinker: Can a fucking drunk dev and gamer veteran make more sense than anyone else?

You decide.

Edited by libertyordeath

Question: how do I install this mod? I've tried putting both the zipped and unzipped folders into the 'mods' folder of the steam folders, no dice - they don't show up in the mod manager. I haven't really installed non-workshop mods before, so am I just putting it in the wrong place?

1 hour ago, Xavius said:

Question: how do I install this mod? I've tried putting both the zipped and unzipped folders into the 'mods' folder of the steam folders, no dice - they don't show up in the mod manager. I haven't really installed non-workshop mods before, so am I just putting it in the wrong place?

Try putting them inside this one.

C:/Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Zomboid/Mods

1 hour ago, lyzas said:

Try putting them inside this one.

C:/Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Zomboid/Mods

Thank you, that was the fix I needed! It's always so confusing when there's two different folders for the same thing, but one just doesn't do anything.

On 2/5/2024 at 12:46 PM, libertyordeath said:

...Even just getting bodies set up in skyrim takes dozens of hours worth of experience...

*Early Skyrim modding flashback*

*Scream for I hated those times*

*Smile for it has made me a better modder*

*Cry because I have become addicted to the pain*

*Continue to indulge in the pain*

8 hours ago, DreadfulDredgen said:

Does this require the ZomboLewds framework or not? I am a bit confused as the description says it uses the framework, but also that it's standalone and does not work with it.

You don't need ZomboLewds. 

Is it possible to have some more control over what items get stripped from your body when attacked? One of the mods I use add a wig of sorts that seems to be always taken first. Saw that there was at least an option to ignore some clothing like skirts and dresses, but some more options would be nice too :)

For example the "Take A Bath" mod has an option to not remove headwear when taking a bath which works perfect for me.

Edited by Hostfan

Having some trouble getting things to work. It is in the right folder and all, the C:/Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Zomboid/Mods one, it is also in the game and I can clearly see it among the list. But for some reason I cannot edit options with mod options? I tried to use Change Sandbox Settings as a mod for singleplayer, no dice. Tried to see with host and make a playset that way, also no dice.

On 2/11/2024 at 8:54 PM, DreadfulDredgen said:

Having some trouble getting things to work. It is in the right folder and all, the C:/Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Zomboid/Mods one, it is also in the game and I can clearly see it among the list. But for some reason I cannot edit options with mod options? I tried to use Change Sandbox Settings as a mod for singleplayer, no dice. Tried to see with host and make a playset that way, also no dice.

If you don't have it already, grab Mod Options - then check your pause menu with esc and the options there.

Edited by Etheric12
Typo correction.
On 12/26/2023 at 9:04 AM, Lyonsx said:

Nice job! I been testing this, I know "Dynamic Monologue" Don't work well with this, I get that error and numbers going up fast on it then CTD. I have one Idea! You should mix in https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3042111975  Pregnancy mod!! That be actually cool, Have 50 or whatever chance that the baby can be zomb or not! I think this a cool mod, and can't for future updates! OH and PZNS NPC framework work good for tests and stuff! If anyone interested lol.

Hi, there has already been an attempt to link the 2 mods:

but I don't know if it's possible to add that to ZomboWin...

On 2/13/2024 at 3:56 PM, blabla012345 said:

Hi, there has already been an attempt to link the 2 mods:

but I don't know if it's possible to add that to ZomboWin...

I do love immersion in my games, it's be nice to have more consequences for sexual interactions. Pregnancy, std, misscarriage, ect. Not that im pushing for it, but it's be kind of cool if you were able to have a baby in game so that if you die, you can play as that baby. Like npc meets extra life type mechanic. I dont know how to make mods, myself, but maybe my idea will inspire you or someone else? if not, that's chill. I dig the mod btw, thx

1 hour ago, Transcendent Lala said:

Hi. I know it was somewhere but I cant remember them mod for it. Where was the mod that added traits like Necrophiliac. Experienced in sex. Succubus and things like that. It also Added lewd as well as submissive/dominant. 

That would be this thread's OP mod, ZomboWin.

You can look at the lua at this location to see them:

ZomboWin PR 1.00\ZomboWin\media\lua\shared\NPCs\ZomboWinTraits.lua

Not sure how many of them are functional atm though.

18 hours ago, SlicedBread said:

That would be this thread's OP mod, ZomboWin.

You can look at the lua at this location to see them:

ZomboWin PR 1.00\ZomboWin\media\lua\shared\NPCs\ZomboWinTraits.lua

Not sure how many of them are functional atm though.

I added it into my zomboid mods folder and I am not seeing them appear. I used to have traits I could add for succubus. Submissive. Lewd. Experienced and now they are not appearing. I just checked. I had to do a complete reinstall of the game and mods. Now Idk why I dont see these traits especially if this is the correct mod