[Project Zomboid] ZomboWin - A ZomboLewd Framework mod

On 1/4/2024 at 3:15 AM, lyzas said:

While the mod author @SolarEdge implements it, I leave here my version with masturbation.

I added better animations but since I ripped them from some Sims 4 animation pack without permission from their authors I set back the original ones, so in case someone has better animations and is willing to grant permission I would gladly add them.

I haven't tested it with male MC, my MCs are female.

ZomboWin_1.00_Mast.rar 10.18 MB · 69 downloads

I felt the original masturbation animations were too lacking, that's why I removed the option. Im not an animator so masturbations won't return until I am able to source some good animations. Though I did message LeonidasWho for some commission work but I don't think he frequents here anymore. Sadly.

However, I do plan to add masturbation as a gameplay mechanic.

If you don't mind me asking, what resources did you used to learn animations and making them work for project zomboid?

On 1/7/2024 at 1:48 AM, SolarEdge said:

I felt the original masturbation animations were too lacking, that's why I removed the option. Im not an animator so masturbations won't return until I am able to source some good animations. Though I did message LeonidasWho for some commission work but I don't think he frequents here anymore. Sadly.

However, I do plan to add masturbation as a gameplay mechanic.

If you don't mind me asking, what resources did you used to learn animations and making them work for project zomboid?

Yep I agree, I also felt it too lacking, that's why I ripped some good animations and added a couple features. In my personal version I added a "rough" option which increases fitness while doing it but also might attract zombies, and a "quiet" option which don't attract zombies and increases stealth very slowly xD

The process I follow for animations:

First I just ripped them from a Sims 4 package and exported them to Blender using Sims 4 Studio, this is a good tutorial to do so, but just for personal use, it would be great to get a good animator here or get permission from an animator to include them in the mod as you said, I hope we can get someone :)

Then I followed this small tutorial to know how they are done for Project Zomboid, there are a couple of things to note, like bones orientation

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3035712003&searchtext=Search+Project+Zomboid+Guides

And then importing the previous Sims exported animation to Blender in the same file and retargeting them using Rokoko. This can be done with any model and animation, so no need to use Sims 4 animations.

https://support.rokoko.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410463481489-Retarget-an-animation-in-Blender

There are a couple more steps but in general that's the workflow I follow. If an animation looks weird after retargeting I adjust it a bit before exporting it.

Edited by lyzas
1 hour ago, HunterLife said:

Not sure what I am doing wrong here but I have the mod extracted to my mods folder just like zombolewd but the win and defeat mods do not even show up to activate in the mod manager. image.png.99dcc465d871a0505a9500f1bfe78fd5.png

This took me a while, and it was confusing, but the base mod goes somewhere else. 

C:/ - Users - "whatever your user is called" - Zomboid - Mods

For whatever reason placing it in the mod folder in Zomboid's Steam folder doesn't work.

Works great so far! One question though, are there any options to tweak the number of NPCs that spawn in the world? I really like the zombie defeat element of this but I'd rather have fewer NPCs. Right now it looks like you spawn with one by default and more NPCs run past you every few minutes.

General warning for those considering to install the Superb Suvivors mod linked in the OP: The Suvivors' series of mods has always been buggy, crashy and prone to savegame corruption. The version linked in the OP is no different: Got regular CTDs the moment i tried it.  This has nothing to do with ZomboLewd. It's just the Survivors mod behaving like it's always been.

6 hours ago, Joeynator3000 said:

Ugh, I want to play this game more, but holy crap the controls the horrid...tried using a controller and that doesn't work for whatever reason, too. -.-

Zomboid suffers from "More is less" when it comes to controls: It has options for almost every possible style, but zero guidance. And worse: The most complex controlscheme possible is the default.

For example: You don't need a key for aiming. Just hold right mousebutton. You don't need a key for sprint - just enable doubletapping the runkey. You don't need a key for modeswitch, don't need a key for stomping, don't need a key for manual ground attack, none of the vehicle keys other than ignition and radial menu. The list goes on and on. Yet all those keys are mapped by default, making players think controlling zomboid is like a flight simulator, when in fact you don't need half the keys listed in the options.

And if you play with guns, do yourself a favor and forget all those manual keybinds too: All you need is a key to activate the radial reload menu: You can do everything from there, including putting bullets into spare magazines (the way this works is: Have two magazines - one inserted in the gun, one in the main inventory, and loose bullets in a container like the backpack. Then memorize this magic formula: Hold the reload button, eject old mag, wait for the menu to reappear automatically, insert new mag, wait for menu to reappear, put bullets into spare (old) mag, release the reload button. You can turn and walk around while doing all that to for example retreat from approaching zombies)

And for the love of god, map the spacekey to pause/unpause, because this is not a realtime game. It's realtime with pause, especially in combat, so most accessable key needs to be pause/unpause. While you're at it, install the mod AlternativeLMT, so you can set orders during pause without pressure, then unpause to have them executed.

Edited by libertyordeath
3 hours ago, Megumin. said:

As someone who doesn't have Project Zomboid. Seeing this mod is enticing me to buy the game. But I'm rather curious about how ZomboDefeat even works in this game.

If anything it makes the game slightly easier since the zombies don't straight up kill you. They can still bite (which will eventually kill you), but for the most part they'll just strip you down and, well, you know. lol

I also like the option where you can have your ripped clothing fall on the floor so there's a chance you'll lose it for good if you're being chased. >:3

On 1/14/2024 at 10:08 PM, Megumin. said:

As someone who doesn't have Project Zomboid. Seeing this mod is enticing me to buy the game. But I'm rather curious about how ZomboDefeat even works in this game.

It's really simple: When a zombie normally tries to hit the player, ZomboLewd instead hijacks the action and makes it remove a piece of clothing. If no clothing is left, a sex animation is played. While the animation plays, all nearby zombies are constantly "pushed back" from the action to not interfere. When the animation ends, all nearby zombies fall down and have have to get up again. This gives the player about 2 seconds grace time to run away instead of being caught in an iloop.

That's all ZomboLewd Defeat does. This is the whole mod. It cannot really do more than that, because of the game's limitations.

A while ago i wrote a long post about why sexmods for Project Zomboid are a pipedream, until the developers add proper NPC AI and modding support for that. And since the devs have promised that for 5 years and counting, and still have no roadmap on when it's gonna happen, sexmods for Zomboids are basically just hopium for the time being.

My prediction turned out right except for one mistake i made: I assumed there was no clean way to hijack the gamelogic and play sexscenes without attacking zombies interrupting. And indeed, there is no "proper" way to do that. What i didn't know was, there's an exploit to make it work anyways: Remember NPC AI is basically nonexistent in Zomboid? Yeah, but you can still spawn NPCs - and since their AI is "blank", the modder then has full control over them. 

That's how ZomboLewd works: When a zombie tries to attack, ZomboLewd replaces the zombie with a blank NPC that looks like a zombie, plays the sexanim, and then swaps the NPC back to a zombie. In other words: The lack of proper NPC AI in Zomboid actually allows ZomboLewd to do what it does. Pretty ironic.

Also props to whoever coded this. I looked at the source and it's basically a neutron star: Ultra small and dense. I know LUA, and still can't make sense of how a few magic codelines make stuff happen in this mod. Especially the code for selecting from available animations: It's just a few lines of code that might as well be documented as "-- Here be dragons".

So just so you know: Whoever is in charge of this is the real deal, not some hobby amateur. That's a very scarce ressource in modding communities, and on LLabs it's even more rare to have highly skilled coders. Unfortunally, even the best codewizard can only work within what the game engine allows. And in the case of Zomboid it's very little. It's basically a miracle this mod was even made, because this community shouldn't even have access someone capable of exploiting such a tiny and specific loophole in the game engine.

Edited by libertyordeath

Glad that this project got picked up again and majorly improved upon. I haven't had any major issues with it running as of yet.

Only real bug I noticed was Survivor NPCs (from Superb Survivors) sometimes having their attackers vanish into thin air when the animation was done playing. *poof!*, gone, like they were never there. I call it a minor bug because, compared to before where it either wouldn't work at all or simply crash the game, I'll take the occasional vanishing zombie 😄

I'm looking forward to seeing more progress!

I hate to make requests or suggestions to something that's already very complex with other features in the pipeline, but I do wonder if this mod could have functionality with the Pregnancy Mod. I can already manage this manually by adding that trait through the Debug menu. I do believe it works if added mid-playthrough, and seeing as this mod can already add and take away Traits, I figure it would be a natural evolution. Of course, nothing is ever simple when it comes to modding!

On 1/17/2024 at 6:20 AM, libertyordeath said:

A while ago i wrote a long post about why sexmods for Project Zomboid are a pipedream, until the developers add proper NPC AI and modding support for that. And since the devs have promised that for 5 years and counting, and still have no roadmap on when it's gonna happen, sexmods for Zomboids are basically just hopium for the time being.

I've been following (and playing) PZ since the Desura days when everything was a 2D sprite and zombies looked like bald green aliens, 5 years is nothing. Basically, the main devs are total amateurs - I don't mean that as an insult, just a description of facts. The first alpha for instance had no way of saving the game and the devs thought they could simply add a save system whenever until they hired a guy for the music who also happened to know a bit about coding and he told them that a save system needs to be embedded from the start. After that, their laptop supposedly got stolen - which I am still highly suspect about because it happened right after they realized they need to start from scratch anyway.

Basically, they code without thinking long term. During the steam release they struggled massively with chunk loading and de-loading. Build 41 (the one where they switched to 3D models) also caused major rewrites of the code and I suspect build 42 takes so long because the same thing happened again. As far as I understand it the zeds are an entirely different entity from the player or human NPCs running on their very own logic because god knows why. We'll get animals in the next release whenever that may happen so I guess they needed an entirely different system to run animal AI and pathfinding that plays nice with all the other spaghetti codes that the game runs on.

Will Male zombies ever bite with the Defeat mod on?

Otherwise, the mod is neat and I appreciate the traits included to make the game more sexually oriented. Though as a suggestion I think mechanics revolving around creampies/cum would be cool. I know there's a trait for swallowing being a food source but maybe I guess having buff/debuff for being creampied would be neat

Edited by heavytop

Thanks all for those who replied and offered suggestions, I appreciate your input and feedbacks!

Regarding pregnancy mod, When I have the time, I will try to implement this feature. As of now, I'm sticking to making my own content within the mod first.
Regarding multiplayer, as of now, any use of NPC makes it not possible for multiplayer. Though I do think from skimming through ZomboWin's (NOT defeat) code, raping other players could be a possible feature! Take my word with a grain of salt though, I'm by no means a professional at LUA.

@libertyordeath, thank you for explaining to others how the mod works lol I am a bit hasty when I wrote this post because I want to get back to coding asap!
I agree with your opinion about the original devs making this possible, they really knew their stuff when they coded this.

@Joeynator3000, thanks for helping others out too!

@GrimReaper, thank you for the kind words and github link. I will take a look!

@lyzas, thanks for the posting the tutorial!

@heavytop, depends on your mod settings. With the default settings however, they do not. Though I am currently working on moving away from having the mod be so heavily influenced by settings. Instead I am in the process of making traits and occupations influence gameplay instead.

This might look a litle bit off topic but i found this skin, which i like it and so far i manage to remove the underwear (since there is only the SFW version), can anyone help in removing the blood and adding the female parts and idk more details since i rlly suck with photoshop.

F_ZedBody01_level3.png

Edited by Deathtrooper246