I lost my amulet fragment when arrested in Markarth!

afro-herbalist

I've been doing some quests in that Dwemer city of Markarth, and when I finally got to the bottom of their "conspiracy", I ended up getting arrested and sent to the Cidhna prison mines. I knew it was standard procedure to lose all your shite when you get nicked, but after I escaped, and that woman gives you your stuff back, I noticed the "amulet fragment" I was wearing had not been returned "unto" me.

I forgot what the amulet fragment was called, but I got it from this cave on a tiny island, which is called the "Hall of...some mages name", and its connected to a mystery about a mage who was killed by the king, and his kids were also eventually killed. You can get this mystery side-quest by reading a book (I think it was forbidden legend). At the end of the cave, you have to fight 3 hard as nails Draugr's in a room with 2 platforms. Man that amulet was a B*STARD to get hold of, now its just vanished from my inventory... WTF? I wonder what else this stupid Foresworn woman "forgot" to bring back to me.

Gonna have to go back in time by a couple of saves, see what else I might be missing.

Just to be safe it would be a very good idea to store those items in one of your houses (provided the damn thing isn't a quest item and locked into your inventory) before doing quests like that (I know, I know, that upon hindsight thing :( ).

Another bug that is opposite of yours is I found a couple of musical instruments that seemed significant as they had someone's name (example: Bob's drum). I went ahead an picked them up only to get the quests to go search for them latter (from the bards college) but since I found them "before" getting the quest, they won't leave my inventory even after talking with the quest giver. :(

Beth, Beth, Beth, hurry up with the dang CS so we can fix your game :)

Haha thats messed up man, the instrument thing. Well anyway, I THINK this amulet fragment is a quest item, but I guess it might not have been. I never tried to take it out of my inventory.

The quest was a bit of a strange one. I first got it while searching bookcases in DragonsReach for skillbooks (lol). I found a book called something like "Lost Legends". After picking it up, realising it wasn't a skill book, then discarding it, I got a message saying something like "Find someone who knows about the legend of (forgot the name)". I think it placed a marker on my map, but I never visited it. Later, a LOT later, I'd just finished a sidequest in a small village, which rewarded me with the 'Saphire Dragonclaw', and decided to head for the HUGE waterfall/cliff which the village is near (to see the view!). In the lake I noticed a small island with a couple of tree's, decided to check it out, and "Hey look, a cave, wonder whats inside". So I cleared the pretty interesting flooded cave, got this amulet from the "HYPER DRAUGR EX+", then realised I'd actually completed part of that "forbidden legend" quest without knowing anything about it. I guess I just skipped the 'Find someone who knows' part of the quest entirely. Maybe I'll bump into him later, and he'll tell me to head to that cave I already died 8 times in, then the game will crash for the 1st time ever cos the questline turned inside out.

It was a cool amulet, it gives you like +20 health or stamina, and its only half the full thing, so maybe when you get the other half, you get an extra +20 magica or something.

I have completed that particular quest and the amulet is the best one I have come across "in game" so far. It is actually a three part deal :)

LOL on you stumbling on it without trying, as this was similar to my finding the instruments, although I never got any quest updates from grabbing them :(

I am finding out 1st hand and also reading about others experiences, that you have to be careful about where you go as you can break quests by hitting a place too early (before getting the quest or reaching the proper part of a quest) :(

MMM same problem here i clean the dungeon before i take the forbidden legend.I kill the three bosses and leave.

When i take the mission i returned to the cave and the part of the amulet is under land in the platforms zone and impossible to take.

I have the fragment of +20 to health.

sotnas, are you playing on the pc? If so just pull up the console and make sure you don't have anything selected and type tcl (noclip mode) and you can walk through the floors/walls or straight up in the air if need be. Once your done just get back to open space a little above the ground and type tcl again and your back to normal :)

If your on PS3 or Xbox......your screwed...:(

I've been doing some quests in that Dwemer city of Markarth' date=' and when I finally got to the bottom of their "conspiracy", I ended up getting arrested and sent to the Cidhna prison mines. I knew it was standard procedure to lose all your shite when you get nicked, but after I escaped, and that woman gives you your stuff back, I noticed the "amulet fragment" I was wearing had not been returned "unto" me.

I forgot what the amulet fragment was called, but I got it from this cave on a tiny island, which is called the "Hall of...some mages name", and its connected to a mystery about a mage who was killed by the king, and his kids were also eventually killed. You can get this mystery side-quest by reading a book (I think it was forbidden legend). At the end of the cave, you have to fight 3 hard as nails Draugr's in a room with 2 platforms. Man that amulet was a B*STARD to get hold of, now its just vanished from my inventory... WTF? I wonder what else this stupid Foresworn woman "forgot" to bring back to me.

Gonna have to go back in time by a couple of saves, see what else I might be missing.

[/quote']

I just had that happen as well. The amulet fragment disapeared from my inventory initially. It returned after I gained a reward from another quest. Glancing through my inventory, it looks like other things had vanished but returned once I got a quest reward.

sotnas' date=' are you playing on the pc? If so just pull up the console and make sure you don't have anything selected and type tcl (noclip mode) and you can walk through the floors/walls or straight up in the air if need be. Once your done just get back to open space a little above the ground and type tcl again and your back to normal :)

If your on PS3 or Xbox......your screwed...:(

[/quote']

Thanks gregathit for the advise,i tried but icant found it,there is the signal but not the amulet,thanks anyway.

I think i musa wait for the CS :rolleyes: .

S!

those 3 Amulet fragments combine into a amulet that give you three enchantments on it. I got mine early' date=' was like 30% on all three things manna, health, stamina.

Are you sure it did not combine during some turn in of quests ??

[/quote']

Thanks, but no I only had the one fragment. I dont even know what quest I need to complete to make it re-appear. Its obviously a bug in the Radiant Story quest system or something. I havent played the game since then, I dont want to go any further without my beloved partial amulet. I'm still at the part where I've only just escaped the prison, and that little mini-revolution broke out where about 10 guards had their asses handed to them, and Lydia just stood there, in the crossfire of arrows, swords & magic, just staring at me LOL.

Archived