12 hours ago, DocClox said:

I've been looking at that, too. Turns out actors have a default outfit and a spacesuit outfit these days., so I could override both. I wonder what happens if I have some thing flagged as using both  BODY and SS BODY slots. Will it exclude itself? Or is the engine smart enough to take that as meaning "works in both roles"? Something else where I need to experiment.

I think, that you have to edit both entries, one without the helmet and the gloves and one with them. So you can also switch the colours for the suit. Like having the black suit for Andreja, combined with the naked space suit or the constallation variant... 

in this picture it looks like there is a collar in that outfit:

6721-1699721802-248476627.png

I will check if I can take a better look on it ingame....

Edit: 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It was not easy to find.... As you can see, you cant see nipples....(I guess, we will see this in retexed versions pretty often) 

Edited by Pfiffy

Yeah, it would be nice if we could remove or reposition the spikes from the Neon Dancer outfit and retexture it.
I also thought there were many clothing outfit slots but the game only uses a few for the Helmet, Pack, Spacesuit and Hood and Jumpsuits. Pretty much as onsies, no vanilla options for belts/bandoliers/shirts/boots/pants etc. No idea if those slots actually function :/

Edited by Halstrom
11 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

It was not easy to find.... As you can see, you cant see nipples....(I guess, we will see this in retexed versions pretty often) 

OK, that's worth a look. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

Yeah, it would be nice if we could remove or reposition the spikes from the Neon Dancer outfit and retexture it.

Hmm... it's just a mesh edit:

image.png

I could probably take the top and cut that down into a yoke. I should be able to make the export, and hide the collar seam that way.

I'll probably work from the vanilla suit though

image.png

With a bit of luck, the morphs will still be in there. If I can make this thing hide the vanilla neck properly, that probably isn't going to change much, and it can clip into the body if yoke and body are the same color.

I should have some time over the weekend. So many things I want to try.

52 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

I also thought there were many clothing outfit slots but the game only uses a few for the Helmet, Pack, Spacesuit and Hood and Jumpsuits. Pretty much as onsies, no vanilla options for belts/bandoliers/shirts/boots/pants etc. No idea if those slots actually function :/

There are still some unused slots, and they are usable. You have to be a bit careful though. A lot of slots are used by the spacesuit, which has duplicates for many of the normal biped model entries, presumably to enable spacesuit hiding. And the ones that remain unused, it's not clear what their behavior is with respect to spacesuits.

Aside from that, it's basically shirt, pants, gloves and hat, with boots being part of the pants half. There are some addons for spacesuits: one for straps, one (or maybe two) for patches, and there's a floating name for Sarah and Andreja that I'll find a way to stick down at some point. Probably once I have a collar. There's also a slot for the varius straps that go over the top of the Constellation suit, and of course, there's one for the Constellation Watch.

29 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

From what I read and see, the models are complicated enough without additional slots for now.....

I was just looking for a sexy model that covers the Neck area. This is Vanilla, so the morphs are already there, And it would look pretty cool as transparent version with a body underneath.  

This could work

I took the top of the neon Dancer and deleted all the faces except for a halter over the shoulders and then set a material and pasted in the head and body

image.png

Looks seamless, should be weighted and morphed already. Need to do something about the neck. Might try the same trick with the headgear.

Of course, it might still look like shit in-game. I'll test that out after I've eaten.

13 hours ago, DocClox said:

This could work

I took the top of the neon Dancer and deleted all the faces except for a halter over the shoulders and then set a material and pasted in the head and body

image.png

Looks seamless, should be weighted and morphed already. Need to do something about the neck. Might try the same trick with the headgear.

Of course, it might still look like shit in-game. I'll test that out after I've eaten.

Too bad, that I can't see the pic...

This one also looks promissing:  Space Undersuit Remodeled at Starfield Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Ingame it looks a bit shitty, but you might make use of the idea....

And this one has a Collar, that covers the neck part:  Robotics Outfit at Starfield Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Is it possible to use the texture of the neon Dancer as another alternative for the female body/your Spacesuit? 

9 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Too bad, that I can't see the pic...

Yeah. I couldn't tell if it was just taking a long time to appear (as they sometimes do) or if the upload had failed, and I didn't have time to hang around and see which it was.

image.png

I cut down the dancer top and used it as a yoke to hide the neckline. It seemed to work well enough. Needed a bit of tweaking of the hemline there, but nothing that can't be fixed.

But ... it won't bloody import!.

I tried taking the full top, but I had to hide the faces for the spikes, and that meant I had to get rid of the double verts bethesda always seem to leave in their models, and that changed the vert count and it wouldn't import.

I'm fairly sure it's something to do with the morphs. I've generated new morphs, named them as I think they should be named, put them where I think they need to go, but still nothing.

Trouble is, I'm a coder not a modeller, and at times like this it shows.

9 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Is it possible to use the texture of the neon Dancer as another alternative for the female body/your Spacesuit? 

Not sure. The dancer mesh is in two parts: upper and lower body. So they all have their own UV maps and I'm now sure how I'd handle that  Probably easier to paste the dancer meshes into a spacesuit record and edit the mesh to lose the spikes. Except I can't get anything I edit to import.

Not going to lie, I'm feeling a little discouraged right about now.

...From what I read and see, the models are complicated enough without additional slots for now.....

Take your time... I'm sure, there will be a spikeless Dancer sooner or later. It is the sexiest Dress in the game so far. A dirty edit would be to simply recolour it for a start, or at least add it as an additional spacesuit.  

15 hours ago, DocClox said:

Trouble is, I'm a coder not a modeller, and at times like this it shows.

Well, I'm not a modeller and I'm not a coder. In fact I'm pretty bad at both... I'm just a porter and for Starfield there is nothing to port right now.... When we started modding Skyrim SE I did a lot of stupid things to make it work and kept a lot of fustrated people working on it, too. It makes me proud to see where it is now.

Don't give up!

What you have done so far is pretty cool. And it doesn't have to be perfect right now. 

Take a look at the trousers of the remodeled Undersuit:  The trousers dont have spikes and a texture might be a good variant to the latex textures. I'm not able to do anything else than wait for outfitstudio right now....

43 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Don't give up!

I'm not going to give up. Just feeling a little sorry for myself last night.

I think it's just one thing that I'm not getting.  But there's so many new factors compared to previous games, ... Ah! Never mind. I'll get there.

4 minutes ago, DocClox said:

I'm not going to give up. Just feeling a little sorry for myself last night.

I think it's just one thing that I'm not getting.  But there's so many new factors compared to previous games, ... Ah! Never mind. I'll get there.

That is what I want to read! 

After spending years with Skyrim SE, I switched to Fallout 3/New Vegas/4 this year and had a lot of problems with the differences in the design of the Nifs especially in FO4. I still don't understand how things work, especially the palette settings. And it seems like the new nifs are far more complicated. 

Outfitstudio would make things much easier...  

20 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

Outfitstudio would make things much easier...  

Oh boy, would it ever!

I'm going to try a rebuild from scratch. Modder theenco wrote a howto for making new outfits using his Nexus TacSuit outfit as an example. So I'm going to take that and change all the names to NSS. Then, once that loads in-game with theenco's original assets, I'm going to try replacing them one by one and see what works and what doesn't.

This way I start with all the morphs and meshes and what have you all set up correctly, and if one step breaks things, I'll know what it was. I'd try fixing the current version, but it's a mess! Too much stuff I didn't know was going to be important, and inconsistent naming that I still don't know if it's important or not.

There's also an export-to-nif option I might try and see if that works better. At the very least I'll know it has the vertex and indices counts set up correctly.

[edit]

I'm also thinking of exporting the Va'ruun Dominatrix outfit into its own mod. Try and keep this from becoming a collection of unrelated odds and ends as sometimes happens with my mods.

Edited by DocClox
2 hours ago, DocClox said:

I'm also thinking of exporting the Va'ruun Dominatrix outfit into its own mod. Try and keep this from becoming a collection of unrelated odds and ends as sometimes happens with my mods.

While in the current development system, and until the tools become more reliable, personally I would keep every single outfit separate, that way you can be certain that they are not affecting each other in any way, we all know how Bethesda tend to use the same thing for multiple uses, and it not always being obvious that they have done so.

It's a point. The Dominatrix outfit is just a black naked spacesuit that extends to the head and works well with the Va'ruun helmet. But it's a bit half-assed at the moment. If I make it a separate mod I can maybe fix those issues, and maybe some other stuff, like injecting a few NPCs with the outfit into the Za'ruun zealot lists.

I'm sure this is something I did, but when I use this mod the colored space suits just look like the normal naked texture. I have several other clothing mods working correctly so I know this isn't a basic issue like archive invalidation.

I initially installed via Vortex, but uninstalled and re-installed manually and get the  same result. What I find odd is on the Dominatrix version of the spacesuit, the black cowl is on the face, but the rest of it is just the naked body texture.

Interesting. Fun thing is I'm not actually including any textures. I'm just changing which vanilla material some of the nifs reference. That red suit just takes the default skin mesh and applies the red shiny material form the desktop spheres toy you see kicking around the place.

Here's another test package. If this doesn't work it'll need to wait until I get home.

naked_spacesuit_0_03b.7z

Someone suggested it might be getting overriden in your My Games folder.

Also, do you have a skin/body replacer? The suits are just the default body mesh, but if something overrides the naked skin AA record, that could mess things up.

Is there any time table for the next release? I messed around with too many mods and have to start a new game. I just want to know if I install the old version or wait for a new one...

And did you check the textures/mats ot the pants from the space undersuit? I like the look... Don't know if there are different colours possible, but it would be a nice alternative to the latex look.  

54 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Is there any time table for the next release?

The timescale is: I'm banging my head against a brick wall, waiting for the bricks to move. It's hard to set a date on that. That said, take a look at this. I mean it looks like shit, but ...

Photo_2023-11-28-213138-thumbnail.png

... the collar goes all the way up to the helmet line. It's z-fighting like crazy with the head mesh, but there's a couple of ways I can fix that. I don't have time to do much more tonight, but things ain't looking as impossible today as they were on the weekend.

57 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

And did you check the textures/mats ot the pants from the space undersuit? I like the look... Don't know if there are different colours possible, but it would be a nice alternative to the latex look.  

Not yet. Let me get this version working and I'll take look then.