On 12/27/2023 at 1:23 PM, Strec2 said:

It seems Bodyslide project is not really launche for now but did you try this?

https://github.com/fo76utils/nifskope

https://github.com/fo76utils/nifskope/releases

I use those very programs. Thing is, the geometry isn't stored in the nif file in Starfield, but in a separate .mesh file. I can edit that using Blender, and export it to the format used by Starfield with a blender plug in. That's how I've done what I've done so far.

That said, it would be really nice to make all my suits using CBBE-Starfield. Then, if anyone wanted a vanilla body, or VBB 100% or CRT or whatever they could just build the suits against their preferred preset and it would look the way they wanted. As it is I have to make a separate version for each body shape.

And then there's morphs for muscular, fat and whatever which are a pain to do for even one mesh, let alone half a dozen. With Outfit Studio, it's just another slider to check, and I do it once. Pregnancy too.

*** Meanwhile, Back In Gotham City ***

I've been fooling around with a halter again. Something like this:

image.png

The main thing that decided me to this approach is that it helps hide skin tone mismatches between head and body it also covers up potential seams and the bit of pipe work around the edge means I can raise the halter part quite a bit without it looking out of place.

I want to do some more tweaking, but preliminary results are quite promising:

Photo_2023-12-29-081215.png

The main tweak I want do is replace that off-kilter and misshapen fishbowl with something that looks a bit better...

Photo_2023-12-29-081135.png

It'd be nice if I could make that forward LED flash too. The material is supposed to blink, but it doesn't seem to want to do that. Probably a nifscope setting I'm missing.

@Strec2 If you ask nicely, I might put you a nice embossed SRU logo on that chest plate :)

I added that metal halter to the black suits. It does a good job of hiding any clipping between the head/neck mesh and the suit. I might do latex-ey looking ones for the colored suits though.

Also maybe tone down the shiny gold look. They're supposed to be dull bronze. A burnished steel look could work as well,

Photo_2023-12-30-030900.png

That damn SRU badge has vanished altogether for some reason. Still, on the bright side, at least the LED glows now. I'm thinking of having sevaral of them spaced around the collar. Maybe three-a-side and keep front and back free.

Photo_2023-12-30-030002.png

I got the SRU imprint to appear. It's not as dramatic as the Blender test run, but at least it's there. I can probably improve on that quite a bit if I fiddle with the texture set.

Photo_2023-12-30-052409.png

I'm also considering an opaque helmet variant in case this keeps happening.

Photo_2023-12-30-052612.png

Call me sexist, but I like my slavegirls without facial hair :)

For the badge, look how the head implants are done in Starfield vanilla game. It is a n independant cloth addon that you can add on any head cloth.

If you can do the same placed on the upper or lower body it may be added on any cloth.

I'll deliver soon the 0.98 version of SRU with the head implants so you will have better screenshots ?

Edited by Strec2

Currently the collar/LEDs/halter/pipework/badge assembly is one nif file. It uses the slot used by the straps over the constellation spacesuits.

If you only wanted part of that, you can copy the branch in nifscope and paste it into another nif.

I'll look forward to seeing that next release ;)

Oh-Kayyy! This is probably about as good as I'm going to get it :)

Photo_2023-12-31-071338.png

Next up, get the other colored suits working properly, better boots (I think I'll just use cuffs tbh), maybe some other logos for the collar and maybe apply some on the cuffs.

Then I want to try hanging some scripts on the wearables and see what I can do with that. If I can script OMOD records I might be able to force poses by changing the attachments, and I can do that from a script.

Also, this stuff still isn't morphed, and until I get that sorted, non standard body shapes are going to clip a bit.

And I'm still not giving up on some sort of visible forcefield effect. Lots to do :)

3 hours ago, DocClox said:

Oh-Kayyy! This is probably about as good as I'm going to get it :)

Photo_2023-12-31-071338.png

Then I want to try hanging some scripts on the wearables and see what I can do with that. If I can script OMOD records I might be able to force poses by changing the attachments, and I can do that from a script.

You may have surprises using the animation system ?

For example, in package, you can easily add an animation on package end........ But changing the package don't cancel it. During my tests I had slave kneeling arriving at destination and...... kneeking while running after I order them to follow me, weird.

Posted (edited)

OK. Time to look at morphs. The default shape is always "Basis". This is what that looks like.

basis.png

Then there's Overweight. You may want the eyeball bleach for this one.

fat.png

Then there's Strong:

strong.png

Lastly Thin. Only CRT chooses to do something different with the Thin morph:

boobs.png

The green color is just to make it obvious where there's clipping against the red items or the flesh tone of the head and neck. This is actually a naked outfit. Although I'll probably use Basis for all the colored suits as well. In fact with the halter in place, I can go back to the original idea of just using the skin mesh as the outfit. That means it will work for all body mods ... except that someone will need to conform it to VBB or whatever, otherwise there'll be gaps and clipping. So not so much, really.

Edited by DocClox

I've been playing around with badge options for the collar. I quite like this variant. Not sure the why the SRU letters glow more on  the sides than the front, but it's not bad as it is.

Photo_2024-01-04-060147.png

About your "Display" cockpit that you mentioned a bit ago and even had some teaser shots of your designs: I give you this...

image.thumb.png.bbc8997dec7f5df9b74eca5d13e83008.png

I've only just gotten to this point. The first time I've seen the inside of a Starborn ship. That level of technology does not need that chair. At that level of technology she could be spread eagled on a rack, or bent over with her ass facing the front, or laying back in a force field with her legs spread wide with a multitude of robotic tentacles working all the holes she's got while she takes the ship into combat or lands it in New Atlantis.

Barbarella never had it that good, though she wishes she had. Gloria VanDeen would have used it to her advantage in a spectacular way.

Obviously, those are pipe-dreams right now. Still, it's a great thought you had with that lewd cockpit idea.

I hope you haven't abandoned it.

On 1/11/2024 at 6:14 AM, buzzbombr said:

I hope you haven't abandoned it.

Not at all. There's just not very much I can do until I can make new furniture, and that's going to need the CK. I think I've got the hang of transparent materials, so a see-thru cockpit should be doable, and I can probably use mods like DerreTech as a template for how to make new modules.

What I am thinking of doing is making some SRU oriented modules that repurpose existing furniture. I was thinking I might make some externally mounted glass pods for storing captives. I could use the kneeling captive marker for a pose, and mount an array of the pods on the outside of a ship. Then when the ship lands, there are rows of naked captives/slaves on display for all to see. I was thinking I might call that ship The Exhibitionist.

Or, for a variation on the theme, it might be possible to take the legs-apart stance used by Ikande on the Vigilance and flip the marker so the actor is on her back. It would look a bit odd, but if I set it up so only the lower half of the body is visible, then you could walk around the ship and get an unimpeded view of those legs and all points in-between. Thought I might call that ship the Kiss And Tell.

That said, there's probably not going to be much happening for a week for so. I have to read the eulogy at my father's funeral on Monday, and that's preoccupying a lot of my time at the moment.

Edited by DocClox
11 hours ago, DocClox said:

Not at all. There's just not very much I can do until I can make new furniture, and that's going to need the CK. I think I've got the hang of transparent materials, so a see-thru cockpit should be doable, and I can probably use mods like DerreTech as a template for how to make new modules.

What I can thinking of doing is making some SRU oriented modules that repurpose existing furniture. I was thinking I might make some externally mounted glass pods for storing captives. I could use the kneeling captive marker for a pose, and mount an array of the pods on the outside of a ship. Then when the ship lands, there are rows of naked captives/slaves on display for all to see. I was thinking I might call that ship The Exhibitionist.

Or, for a variation on the theme, it might be possible to take the legs-apart stance used by Ikande on the Vigilance and flip the marker so the actor is on her back. It would look a bit odd, but if I set it up so only the lower half of the body is visible, then you could walk around the ship and get an unimpeded view of those legs and all points in-between. Thought I might call that ship the Kiss And Tell.

That said, there's probably not going to be much happening for a week for so. I have to read the eulogy at my father's funeral on Monday, and that's preoccupying a lot of my time at the moment.

My condolences. I recently lost my mother and it's been difficult. If you feel talking about it with a stranger will help, drop me a PM.

I'm glad you haven't dropped your forced-exhibitionist cockpit ideas and in fact expanded upon them. As per usual, I like your ideas. The ships sound like a riot. I'm not into the slavery thing. In my game they could be an interstellar gratis Uber. "Yes, I do offer free rides to other planets, and the view from the cabins is unparalleled. There is a catch, though...."

12 hours ago, buzzbombr said:

In my game they could be an interstellar gratis Uber. "Yes, I do offer free rides to other planets, and the view from the cabins is unparalleled. There is a catch, though...."

That could work really well with a survival/fuel economy/travel time overhaul, where you were often forced to depend on taking passage with commercial shipping.

[edit]

You know, with that kneeling pose, and with the right restraints to enforce the pose, it might be possible to slowly rotate the marker on all three axes, so you get them slowly tumbling in the pod, making sure they can be viewed from all angles if anyone wants to watch for long enough. Makes sure whoever is in the pod gets a chance to see the people watching as well...

Edited by DocClox
10 hours ago, DocClox said:

That could work really well with a survival/fuel economy/travel time overhaul, where you were often forced to depend on taking passage with commercial shipping.

[edit]

You know, with that kneeling pose, and with the right restraints to enforce the pose, it might be possible to slowly rotate the marker on all three axes, so you get them slowly tumbling in the pod, making sure they can be viewed from all angles if anyone wants to watch for long enough. Makes sure whoever is in the pod gets a chance to see the people watching as well...

"Estrus in Skyrim" (I think that was the name) had a cool feature where when you cast the spell, a crowd would form to watch the show and disperse when it was done. Then the now naked victim would use their hands to cover up and run away in shame. It was pretty cool.

Well, I'd hoped to get some time to work on this over the holidays, but that was not to be. So I'm now trying to pick up the pieces and get something functional again out of the debris where I dropped everything on the floor just before Christmas.

So: I've got the basic naked suit. The halter covers the neckline, which means I can use the default body. I'll do some hand and foot meshes as well, but one thing at a time.

image.png

I also got the red latex suit working. These have been generally broken for a while now, so it's nice to get it to render without strange gaps or messed up UV,

image.png

Again, this is using the default mesh, although I can't guarantee that it won't clip horribly against the halter with different body shapes

I might do that halter in the same material as the suit for the colored options. Let the piping hide the body seam and make it look like it's all one mesh.

I also tried experimenting with emissive materials. The results were interesting:

image.png

image.png

Bit bright, and a bit to transparent as well. I think if I knew a bit more about shader models, I'd be able to layer this on top of the skin mesh as a shader and do it all in the one material file. I might have to do some reading.

You can particularly see the problem here: you can see through the body to the pack behind. And for some reason. he feet fade away to full transparency. I'd assumed there was an alpha map with a gradient somewhere involved, but there's not a .dds file in the whole thing. More shader magic.

image.png

Also interesting: I applied one of the Apollo filters from photo mode:

image.png

The blur/glow gets eliminated and you can see the body shape more clearly.

Anyway, going to stick with the solid plastic looking materials for now. I may come back the emissive materials when everything else is working.

Edited by DocClox

OK. Trying to get this to a stable point for another release. Got some odd things going on with materials

The naked suit works as expected:

image.png

Here's Red:

image.png

Black works OK:

image.png

Yellow is interesting. It's a bit see through, which is surprising.

image.png

Green is bugged for some reason. Was working fine and then it stopped. I'll get it.

image.png

Blue works fine. Except it comes out green!

image.png

White though...

image.png

Not going to lie, I'm seriously thinking of making that the "naked" material. Shows everything but still has that shiny "encased in plastic" look.

So: something odd is going on. What I've been doing is copying the working red mat file, changing the names and the RGB values for the color and applying them to the default body mesh. But clearly there's some unexpected blending going on against the body textures.

I know I can do white, because I did it before, with a different stock texture. Still, I think I'd like to run with this see-thru effect. I might tweak the black and red and see if I can get a bit more body to show through. Any pure white might have to be opaque though.

What do people think?

Incidentally, I've rebuild the mod from the ground up here. There was way too much cruft accumulating in the old one. How do folks feel about the SRU collar badge or the embossed halter?  I haven't copied them into this version yet. It's on the to-do list along with a few others. Trackers Alliance and the CF Skull are the forerunners. Worth waiting to get them in this release, or publish this lot and put them in the next?

Edited by DocClox

I prefer this see through version tbh. I like the embossed halter and honestly if it were me I'd opt to not have a logo. (a logo 'links' it to one mod, whereas 'no logo' offers a framework for other mods to include this beauty.) As to the "why is my blue turning green?" question - it probable works in an additive manner, and skin is a bit yellowish. blue + yellow = green...

Definitely the nude version for me. I'd also say no logo. No reason for an affiliation, and if I want to wear it as my personal space suit, I'd prefer not to have a logo. I really like the bubble/cowl interface. It's got that cool, classic scifi vibe. I've been using your naked space suit exclusively (level 35 now) and I love the sound her bare feet make as they patter along. Even in first person, it reminds me that she's basically naked in space. It's just cool. Ridiculous, but cool.

5 hours ago, denMos6678 said:

As to the "why is my blue turning green?" question - it probable works in an additive manner, and skin is a bit yellowish. blue + yellow = green...

I think you're right. Doesn't help t hat there was quite a lot of green already in the shade I'd chosen; I was going for a sort of navy blue effect. I shall have to fiddle with the RGB values a bit.

I got the pure green one working. Still that bit of blending going on so you can see the nipples through the material. I kind of like that. The engine gets really confused if you have duplicate material names it seems. So if you copy a .mat file, you need to go in and change the names of all the layers. If you don't, materials can just stop rendering for no readily apparent reason.

Also, the leg guards have re-appeared again as well. I think I might re-do them as more of an ankle cuff. On the other hand, I was thinking of making the arm guards extend further up the arm, mainly to mask the seam between hand and body, although that's not been much of a problem so far.

image.png

5 hours ago, denMos6678 said:

I prefer this see through version tbh. I like the embossed halter and honestly if it were me I'd opt to not have a logo.

2 hours ago, buzzbombr said:

Definitely the nude version for me. I'd also say no logo. No reason for an affiliation, and if I want to wear it as my personal space suit, I'd prefer not to have a logo.

OK. So I'll keep the pure naked one, and maybe use the shiny supposed-to-be-white one as an option. No logos or halter boss, but I'll probably add them in as equipable extras.

2 hours ago, buzzbombr said:

I really like the bubble/cowl interface. It's got that cool, classic scifi vibe. I've been using your naked space suit exclusively (level 35 now) and I love the sound her bare feet make as they patter along. Even in first person, it reminds me that she's basically naked in space. It's just cool. Ridiculous, but cool.

Good to know :D

Take the RGB values of the blue you want, subtract the skintone, and you have values leftover. Theoretically, (depending on the values ofc, and more specifically the 0-100% spread between RGB based on 256 base ) using the colour you're left with should (again, if they work additively) give blue as a combined effect. It's a bit more complex in reality, but this tip should give you a starting point for tweaking...

22 hours ago, denMos6678 said:

Take the RGB values of the blue you want, subtract the skintone, and you have values leftover. Theoretically, (depending on the values ofc, and more specifically the 0-100% spread between RGB based on 256 base ) using the colour you're left with should (again, if they work additively) give blue as a combined effect. It's a bit more complex in reality, but this tip should give you a starting point for tweaking...

Sounds like it should work, but it's probably a bit beyond my shader-fu at the moment, especially if I've got to write it in JSON.

That said, I think I know what the problem has been. The layers are set up as Multiplicative. So if the overlay is black, the skin texture gets multiplied by zero and the result is black. If it's white, then the skin text get multiplied by 1 and all you see is the skin. So if I change the layer to additive, I can probably get it to do what I want. Assuming I can find the right field to change that is.

Just for the hell of it, here's a few things that didn't work.

This one uses the alien tea material. It's emissive and transmissive, so in theory I can make it glow and slightly transparent, which is something I want to do for Starborn armors. This was  the unaltered material.

image.png

But then I set the color to white and the normal map to the default body...

image.png

... and because the layers combine using Multiply, we don't see any white, just the skin texture. Still translucent mind, not sure it was emitting though.

Then I tried combining the textures in paint.net, so I had a white suit with just a touch of pinkness showing though. I plugged that into the Ranger Badge texture that a lot of clothes use...

image.png

Safe to say that's not the result I was hoping for, although it might be a fallback for a Starborn suit if plan A doesn't pan out.

Oh what fun we have ... :)