My thoughts on the stalking mechanics...

Cezul

So we all know in Sexout, that once an npc decides he wants to rape you, he just charges in like Galahad and decides to have his/her way right?

To me, that may be functional and simple, but it ain't stalking.

Instead of a message popping up on the top right corner alerting you, add visual or audio queues.

I was thinking, you know when you have Wild Wasteland and Cass in your party when entering Freeside, and some of the guys make lewd remarks? That could be one of the audio queues for you to get moving or be on alert.

Stalking should be stealthy affair as well. Instead of cheering or whistling or taking a brute approach, maybe other npcs would use charm as well? Imagine getting approached by a nice guy in a saloon who asks if you'd like a drink, and you're all like, okay.jpg.

You drink said drink, and well, it either was some powerful liquor or had roofies in it, you daze off and the screen blacks out, and your vision comes back with you naked on a bed and said gentleman is having his way with you.

Hopefully you get the idea, in that it shouldn't be combat rape without the combat. Some other ideas off the top of my head..

- Maybe a few more audio queues? I got a mic, i'm from texas, so i reckon i could do some voice acting for the male npcs. In particular i can do a good backwards rapist redneck from the movie 'Deliverance' type voice, as well as a typical cowboy voice. As far as lines go, i was thinking just a loud, grizzly sounding "MMMMMMM!" or a definitely hilarious " You gots a purdy mouth gurl..."

- A few simple visual queues? Maybe potential stalker readjusts his ehemm,'tool' through his pants? No more than two, really. To keep it simple.

-(Halstrom) Maybe some Groping animations in busy places, or a syringe jab, maybe chloroform being used.

And that's all i got on this topic.

So we all know in Sexout' date=' that once an npc decides he wants to rape you, he just charges in like Galahad and decides to have his/her way right?

Instead of a message popping up on the top right corner alerting you, add visual or audio queues.

I was thinking, you know when you have Wild Wasteland and Cass in your party when entering Freeside, and some of the guys make lewd remarks? That could be one of the audio queues for you to get moving or be on alert.

Stalking should be stealthy affair as well. Instead of cheering or whistling or taking a brute approach, maybe other npcs would use charm as well? Imagine getting approached by a nice guy in a saloon who asks if you'd like a drink, and you're all like, okay.jpg.

You drink said drink, and well, it either was some powerful liquor or had roofies in it, you daze off and the screen blacks out, and your vision comes back with you naked on a bed and said gentleman is having his way with you.

Hopefully you get the idea, in that it shouldn't be combat rape without the combat. Some other ideas off the top of my head..

- Maybe a few more audio queues? I got a mic, i'm from texas, so i reckon i could do some voice acting for the male npcs. In particular i can do a good backwards rapist redneck from the movie 'Deliverance' type voice, as well as a typical cowboy voice. As far as lines go, i was thinking just a loud, grizzly sounding "MMMMMMM!" or a definitely hilarious " You gots a purdy mouth gurl..."

- A few simple visual queues? Maybe potential stalker readjusts his ehemm,'tool' through his pants? No more than two, really. To keep it simple.

-(Halstrom) Maybe some Groping animations in busy places, or a syringe jab, maybe chloroform being used.

[/quote']

Haha, when I first installed Lovers and Joburg, I did it along with CityLife or some other mod that adds a lot of npcs. And one of those npcs, cant remember her name, she was hanging around fighters guild in Skingrad, was kinda "bugged". Every wednesday that npcs was starting to follow player, she was doing it from 9 am to 9 pm. Doing nothing, just following at long distance, at 9 pm she was turning around and resume her schedule. So that was really creepy stalking. I thought that was a joburg feature and uninstalled it when that plate-wearing-creepy-imperial chick started to get on my nerves, but she still was there, haunting me, no matter where I go or what I do. The weirdest thing was to wake up and find her staring at you with that white creepy eye (Beautiful People+XEO installed wrong). Until I found out that that actually was CityLifes bug (or feature). So yeah, that was pro stalking xD

So we all know in Sexout' date=' that once an npc decides he wants to rape you, he just charges in like Galahad and decides to have his/her way right?

[/quote']

Haha, when I first installed Lovers and Joburg, I did it along with CityLife or some other mod that adds a lot of npcs. And one of those npcs, cant remember her name, she was hanging around fighters guild in Skingrad, was kinda "bugged". Every wednesday that npcs was starting to follow player, she was doing it from 9 am to 9 pm. Doing nothing, just following at long distance, at 9 pm she was turning around and resume her schedule. So that was really creepy stalking. I thought that was a joburg feature and uninstalled it when that plate-wearing-creepy-imperial chick started to get on my nerves, but she still was there, haunting me, no matter where I go or what I do. The weirdest thing was to wake up and find her staring at you with that white creepy eye (Beautiful People+XEO installed wrong). Until I found out that that actually was CityLifes bug (or feature). So yeah, that was pro stalking xD

I had totally forgot about the following too, and it's posible i believe, looking at the Sexout Leash equipment and it how it functions. Having a npc follow you yet maintain a distance is definitely stalker material.

Have to agree this is more interesting than walking down a street and suddenly I'm on my back. People going into Crouch while stalking at medium to close range, while walking normally at long range, and run at close range. Follow, stalk, pounce.

Have to agree this is more interesting than walking down a street and suddenly I'm on my back. People going into Crouch while stalking at medium to close range' date=' while walking normally at long range, and run at close range. Follow, stalk, pounce.

[/quote']

Yeah, current "stalkers" actually don't stalk, they'll just rape you on sight and when they finished will say something hilarious (in this situation) like "Howdy" or "Evening". Very polite rapers they are.

One set of the things that can be done pretty easily to make the current system a little better:

1. Make them walk. They may catch you, eventually, or not.

2. Use the fake 'in combat' flag on the package. That will make them move from cover to cover 'hiding' like they're in a fight.

A more advanced method would be pretty cool, I agree, but the implementation will be tough.

There are AI calls to check if NPCs can see you, but not sure if there's one to know if the player can see them to make them only move when you aren't looking.

Making them keep a certain distance and even follow you through fast travel is pretty easy.

Making them wait to rape until you're waiting or asleep isn't too hard either.

Unfortunately there's not much to be done about the post-sex greeting.

My favorite are the Kings, since I use them for testing a lot (my clean save is right there). Once they're done... "personal space mean anything to you lady?" Cracks me up every time.

Such a thing would need to be added directly to the SexoutNG Rapist plugin' date=' correct? I can't see how it could be wedged in from a different script plugin.

[/quote']

Well it would have to go in whatever mod you want it in. There are two stalker mods, both (currently) named SexoutRapers.esp. The vanilla rapers, which is in the Sexout zip file, and prkr's "Brutal Rapers" which is the same basic idea, but adds stuff like damage and theft of your stuff.

They are mutually exclusive and cannot be used at the same time.

Either one of those could add the NPC dialog stuff or whatever else it wants to add.

What they don't do is provide overall "rape support" to other mods, though that would be a fairly sweet mod idea in itself. Something to do all the stalking/scanning and so on, but not actually induce rape, that different rape/stalker/whatever mods could use.

One of the things we need a lot more of around here is separation of core functionality from the 'story' that's causing that functionality to happen. Pregnancy did a great job of this; it doesn't initiate sex itself and has no real dialog, it just watches Sexout to see when characters are having sex, and then does its thing when it sees someone doing the nasty.

Loogie took some steps in this direction by making all the Tryouts dependent on Legion Tryout, but I think it could go farther; Legion Tryout still adds Legion NPCs and such, even if you 'disable' it by setting the tryout percentage to zero.

Such a thing would need to be added directly to the SexoutNG Rapist plugin' date=' correct? I can't see how it could be wedged in from a different script plugin.

[/quote']

Well it would have to go in whatever mod you want it in. There are two stalker mods, both (currently) named SexoutRapers.esp. The vanilla rapers, which is in the Sexout zip file, and prkr's "Brutal Rapers" which is the same basic idea, but adds stuff like damage and theft of your stuff.

Either one of those could add the NPC dialog stuff or whatever else it wants to add.

What they don't do is provide overall "rape support" to other mods, though that would be a fairly sweet mod idea in itself. Something to do all the stalking/scanning and so on, but not actually induce rape, that different rape/stalker/whatever mods could use.

One of the things we need a lot more of around here is separation of core functionality from the 'story' that's causing that functionality to happen. Pregnancy did a great job of this; it doesn't initiate sex itself and has no real dialog, it just watches Sexout to see when characters are having sex, and then does its thing when it sees someone doing the nasty.

Loogie took some steps in this direction by making all the Tryouts dependent on Legion Tryout, but I think it could go farther; Legion Tryout still adds Legion NPCs and such, even if you 'disable' it by setting the tryout percentage to zero.

I'm hoping to get time to release my Sexout Common Resources this weekend, now it seems I have Pregnancy more under control, it could expand from clothing to Creatures & New NPC Actors as well, it's just going to hold the assets names so to speak, very little code, would be great for rape drugs, stuff like Chastitron, collars & handcuffs.

[/quote']

I'm hoping to get time to release my Sexout Common Resources this weekend, now it seems I have Pregnancy more under control, it could expand from clothing to Creatures & New NPC Actors as well, it's just going to hold the assets names so to speak, very little code, would be great for rape drugs, stuff like Chastitron, collars & handcuffs.

Despite hearing the word 100 times, I have no idea what chastitron is, or if it works right with NG. I should probably look into it.

There are also some assets in Sexout that you could probably include as well, like the egg vibrator (that I don't think is actually being rendered right now).

Word to the wise though, as Loogie found out, it has to be an ESM if you want to include NPCs with textures.

All that said.. handcuffs? Yes please! Ball gags, dildos, vibrators, plugs, etc? Yes please! :D

Despite hearing the word 100 times' date=' I have no idea what chastitron is, or if it works right with NG. I should probably look into it.

There are also some assets in Sexout that you could probably include as well, like the egg vibrator (that I don't think is actually being rendered right now).

Word to the wise though, as Loogie found out, it has to be an ESM if you want to include NPCs with textures.

All that said.. handcuffs? Yes please! Ball gags, dildos, vibrators, plugs, etc? Yes please! :D[/quote']

The Chastitron is a chastity belt, no ones done any codeing for it yet but there's all sorts of potential there :)

We need a mod that work arousal levels for orgasm tying into Lust or NVMMCN :)

So does the texture issue effect Creatures too or just NPC's, if I have to make it an ESM I will I guess, not a big issue to give it a go anyway. I don't think there's an issue with the offspring I've created so far, though they did look screwed up in Geck with skin missmatching between head & body, they seem to be ok ingame.

Despite hearing the word 100 times' date=' I have no idea what chastitron is, or if it works right with NG. I should probably look into it.

All that said.. handcuffs? Yes please! Ball gags, dildos, vibrators, plugs, etc? Yes please! :D[/quote']

The Chastitron is a chastity belt, no ones done any codeing for it yet but there's all sorts of potential there :)

We need a mod that work arousal levels for orgasm tying into Lust or NVMMCN :)

So does the texture issue effect Creatures too or just NPC's, if I have to make it an ESM I will I guess, not a big issue to give it a go anyway. I don't think there's an issue with the offspring I've created so far, though they did look screwed up in Geck with skin missmatching between head & body, they seem to be ok ingame.

The skin mismatch is what happens when it's not an ESM. They get the head texture in the ESP, but the default body texture for the race. Not sure how it can look ok in the game if it looks screwed in the geck, think normally it's the opposite but I could be mistaken.

I do want to do something with all those vars that are basically unused right now (sexiness, lewdness, lust/hornyness) as well! When sexout is stable I'm going to take a stab at converting the vanilla (non brutal) rapers over to it, and make some changes there in that regard.

The skin mismatch is what happens when it's not an ESM. They get the head texture in the ESP' date=' but the default body texture for the race. Not sure how it can look ok in the game if it looks screwed in the geck, think normally it's the opposite but I could be mistaken.

I do want to do something with all those vars that are basically unused right now (sexiness, lewdness, lust/hornyness) as well! When sexout is stable I'm going to take a stab at converting the vanilla (non brutal) rapers over to it, and make some changes there in that regard.[/quote']

I'll ask thew question about the skin mismatch in my thread, I was thinking Lust/Hornyness as how much you need sex, but Arousal as how close you are to actual Orgasm, so sex could occur but Lust not be satted unless orgasm was acheived, we could have an arousal rating for different positions & creatures, and maybe have kinks/addictions for the player so it became necessary to keep having sex till sated. Rapists would just orgasm and leav the player hanging possibly begging for more.

I do think the 'pow right in the kisser oh my I'm getting raped approach' does need a little refinement. As it is there is virtually zero way to avoid it, I would have liked something like if you shoot the guy and take away 25%-50% of his health he gives up or surrenders without alienating everyone in the vicinity too.

Sometimes I just don't want to be raped by Oris in freeside. Not always, but sometimes.

Archived