Working around the space suit cockblock to happy fun time

So. unlike skyrim and fallout, starfield is in space, in space you cant survive without oxygen which means people wear space suits. These space suits look cool and i'm sure some mods will be made to make them look lewd too. That isn't the point of this topic though, hows about we brainstorm for ways o get around the space suit cockblock and have some fun, because i'm sure lots of you will agree, simply ripping it off in the middle of space and getting it on is kinda un immersive and i'm sure we can do better.

Some ideas:

- a skin tight suit. this would allow our imaginations to fill in the blanks and some creative designs could be made.

Pros: Pretty creative, 2 birds with one stone (get a lewd suit and can use it for fun time)

cons: requires lewd armor mods, how do the genitals dock through the suits?

- a potable space tent / force field. Ok we need air right, that's why we have space suits. To keep air in and space out. Well if you expand that into something bigger like a tent or a bubble force field. Then 2 people could get it on inside.

Pros: Should not be hard to implement, provides a immersive way to get it on and not die, might look good

cons: If assaulted by a beast they don't have a force bubble (it would need to be made that you carry the tent, not the creature), might not look good

- body modifications. This is happening in the future, so maybe somebody has invented a way to survive in space for just long enough to get some fun time in, or perhaps its a power granted by the artifacts.

pros: it just works i guess, naked space sex doesn't feel right but it says it works so i guess it should, easy to program

cons: kinda un creative, might ruin other peoples plans for mods that use space as a limitation for capture

- Just don't have sex in space. Like, don't go outside the ship, that makes sense. Then you don't need a reason to survive out there and we can all enjoy some nudity

Pros: Easy to implement, make sense, immersive

cons: limits where we can get it on to only breathable places, what if people wanted to have sex on a planet with harsh conditions (maybe one of the other options can cover this)

Anyway, those are some ideas i wanted to throw out there. Im not a modder so i cant implement them, but hay if you use what i wrote as inspiration then im happy to see it done.

Feel free to add your own ideas, the more brainstorming the better, and im looking forward to the creative solutions to circumnavigate the boundaries that this game imposes 

19 minutes ago, isThink said:

Also. Im Gegensatz zu Skyrim und Fallout befindet sich Starfield im Weltraum. Im Weltraum kann man ohne Sauerstoff nicht überleben, was bedeutet, dass die Menschen Raumanzüge tragen. Diese Raumanzüge sehen cool aus und ich bin mir sicher, dass einige Modifikationen vorgenommen werden, damit sie auch anstößig aussehen. Das ist aber nicht der Sinn dieses Themas. Wie wäre es, wenn wir uns Gedanken darüber machen, wie wir den Raumanzug-Cockblock umgehen und etwas Spaß haben können, denn ich bin mir sicher, dass viele von Ihnen zustimmen werden, indem wir ihn einfach mitten im Weltraum abreißen und ... Es ist irgendwie nicht immersiv, es in Angriff zu nehmen, und ich bin mir sicher, dass wir es besser machen können.

Einige Ideen:

- ein hautenger Anzug. Dies würde es unserer Fantasie ermöglichen, die Lücken zu füllen und einige kreative Designs zu erstellen.

Vorteile: Ziemlich kreativ, zwei Fliegen mit einer Klappe (kaufen Sie sich einen anzüglichen Anzug und können ihn zum Spaß nutzen)

Nachteile: Erfordert anstößige Rüstungsmodifikationen. Wie docken die Genitalien durch die Anzüge an?

- ein trinkbares Raumzelt/Kraftfeld . Okay, wir brauchen Luft, deshalb haben wir Raumanzüge. Um die Luft drinnen und den Raum draußen zu halten. Nun, wenn man das zu etwas Größerem ausbaut, wie einem Zelt oder einem Blasenkraftfeld. Dann könnten es 2 Leute drinnen schaffen.

Vorteile: Sollte nicht schwer zu implementieren sein, bietet eine immersive Möglichkeit, es anzugehen und nicht zu sterben, könnte gut aussehen

Nachteile: Wenn sie von einer Bestie angegriffen werden, haben sie keine Kraftblase (es müsste dafür gesorgt werden, dass man das Zelt trägt, nicht die Kreatur), und sehen möglicherweise nicht gut aus

- Körpermodifikationen. Dies geschieht in der Zukunft, also hat vielleicht jemand eine Möglichkeit erfunden, gerade lange genug im Weltraum zu überleben, um Spaß zu haben, oder vielleicht ist es eine Macht, die durch die Artefakte verliehen wird.

Vorteile : Es funktioniert einfach, schätze ich, nackter Sex im Weltraum fühlt sich nicht richtig an, aber es heißt, dass es funktioniert, also denke ich, dass es das auch tun sollte, einfach zu programmieren

Nachteile : Irgendwie unkreativ, könnte die Pläne anderer Leute für Mods ruinieren, die den Platz als Begrenzung für die Aufnahme nutzen

- Habe einfach keinen Sex im Weltraum . Gehen Sie zum Beispiel nicht aus dem Schiff, das macht Sinn. Dann brauchen Sie keinen Grund, da draußen zu überleben, und wir können alle etwas Nacktheit genießen

Vorteile : Einfach zu implementieren, sinnvoll, immersiv

Nachteile : Begrenzt, wo wir es nur auf atmungsaktive Orte bringen können. Was wäre, wenn Menschen auf einem Planeten mit rauen Bedingungen Sex haben wollten (vielleicht kann dies mit einer der anderen Optionen abgedeckt werden)?

Wie auch immer, das sind einige Ideen, die ich rausbringen wollte. Ich bin kein Modder, also kann ich sie nicht umsetzen, aber wenn Sie das, was ich geschrieben habe, als Inspiration verwenden, bin ich froh, dass es fertig ist.

Fühlen Sie sich frei, Ihre eigenen Ideen hinzuzufügen, je mehr Brainstorming, desto besser, und ich freue mich auf die kreativen Lösungen, um die Grenzen zu umgehen , die dieses Spiel auferlegt 

All nice ideas - which are currently failing mainly because the entire spacesuit system is completely broken ... virtually unplayable!

The spacesuit is supposed to protect against the vacuum or a hostile atmosphere AND provide its own supply of breathing air.

But this doesn't work in practice!

I have now FULLY DISCOVERED about 50 moons or planets (this data can be sold for many credits and it brings plenty of experience points).

So what happens:

I am on a small moon WITHOUT atmosphere .... so far so good

Now I am approaching a small hill from which "smoke" is coming out ... here you can sometimes harvest "gases" (like Argon or Neon).

Now an alarm goes off -> POISON GAS ... and quite often you get lung damage from it!

Please what is going on? The suit is NOT broken ... but the game mechanics don't understand - that you are NOT on a planet with a breathable atmosphere (where that would be OK) ... but you are standing in the vacuum of space!!!

I won't even go into the nonsense about the faulty temperature regulation here ... that is even more blatant.

Only when everything works flawlessly can one think about such ideas...

...and believe me - I am a big fan of such suit modifications - they have been part of sexually oriented SF since the 1960s.

(ever heard the movie title "Barbarella"?)

16 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

All nice ideas - which are currently failing mainly because the entire spacesuit system is completely broken ... virtually unplayable!

The spacesuit is supposed to protect against the vacuum or a hostile atmosphere AND provide its own supply of breathing air.

But this doesn't work in practice!

I have now FULLY DISCOVERED about 50 moons or planets (this data can be sold for many credits and it brings plenty of experience points).

So what happens:

I am on a small moon WITHOUT atmosphere .... so far so good

Now I am approaching a small hill from which "smoke" is coming out ... here you can sometimes harvest "gases" (like Argon or Neon).

Now an alarm goes off -> POISON GAS ... and quite often you get lung damage from it!

Please what is going on? The suit is NOT broken ... but the game mechanics don't understand - that you are NOT on a planet with a breathable atmosphere (where that would be OK) ... but you are standing in the vacuum of space!!!

I won't even go into the nonsense about the faulty temperature regulation here ... that is even more blatant.

Only when everything works flawlessly can one think about such ideas...

...and believe me - I am a big fan of such suit modifications - they have been part of sexually oriented SF since the 1960s.

(ever heard the movie title "Barbarella"?)

oh damm, i didnt realise it was that bad.

25 minutes ago, Stormer said:

Just don’t have sex in space or at inhabitable places. There are plenty of buildings scattered around planets if you want to get freaky...

Although I wouldn’t mind some skimpy/tight space suits :D

but imagine the possibilities, like defeat mods how would that work. outside of that, yea just limit it to breathable areas i guess

59 minutes ago, isThink said:

So. unlike skyrim and fallout, starfield is in space, in space you cant survive without oxygen which means people wear space suits. These space suits look cool and i'm sure some mods will be made to make them look lewd too. That isn't the point of this topic though, hows about we brainstorm for ways o get around the space suit cockblock and have some fun, because i'm sure lots of you will agree, simply ripping it off in the middle of space and getting it on is kinda un immersive and i'm sure we can do better.

Some ideas:

- a skin tight suit. this would allow our imaginations to fill in the blanks and some creative designs could be made.

Pros: Pretty creative, 2 birds with one stone (get a lewd suit and can use it for fun time)

cons: requires lewd armor mods, how do the genitals dock through the suits?

- a potable space tent / force field. Ok we need air right, that's why we have space suits. To keep air in and space out. Well if you expand that into something bigger like a tent or a bubble force field. Then 2 people could get it on inside.

Pros: Should not be hard to implement, provides a immersive way to get it on and not die, might look good

cons: If assaulted by a beast they don't have a force bubble (it would need to be made that you carry the tent, not the creature), might not look good

- body modifications. This is happening in the future, so maybe somebody has invented a way to survive in space for just long enough to get some fun time in, or perhaps its a power granted by the artifacts.

pros: it just works i guess, naked space sex doesn't feel right but it says it works so i guess it should, easy to program

cons: kinda un creative, might ruin other peoples plans for mods that use space as a limitation for capture

- Just don't have sex in space. Like, don't go outside the ship, that makes sense. Then you don't need a reason to survive out there and we can all enjoy some nudity

Pros: Easy to implement, make sense, immersive

cons: limits where we can get it on to only breathable places, what if people wanted to have sex on a planet with harsh conditions (maybe one of the other options can cover this)

Anyway, those are some ideas i wanted to throw out there. Im not a modder so i cant implement them, but hay if you use what i wrote as inspiration then im happy to see it done.

Feel free to add your own ideas, the more brainstorming the better, and im looking forward to the creative solutions to circumnavigate the boundaries that this game imposes 

Or, just don't give a fxxk to the faulty "environmental", activate god mod during sex and don't worry about oxygen or temperature during sex.

Otherwise, under high gravity environment, you should have erection problem as your D is much heavier.......

Edited by rockitten
24 minutes ago, rockitten said:

Or, just don't give a fxxk to the faulty "environmental", activate god mod during sex and don't worry about oxygen or temperature during sex.

Otherwise, under high gravity environment, you should have erection problem as your D is much heavier.......

hahahahaha high grav erection problems
now what would happen in low grav?

Vor 47 Minuten sagte Rockitten:

Oder kümmern Sie sich einfach nicht um die fehlerhafte „Umgebung“, aktivieren Sie den Gott-Mod beim Sex und machen Sie sich beim Sex keine Sorgen um Sauerstoff oder Temperatur.

Andernfalls sollten Sie in einer Umgebung mit hoher Schwerkraft Erektionsprobleme haben, da Ihr D viel schwerer ist.......

Well - they also get lung damage from "corrosive" gases in God mode or get frostbite which is not gone after the end of God mode.

They do not die - but they are still "ill" ... and have to take appropriate medication!

So this is not a good idea without fixing the game mechanics ... It is still completely open what else will explode in the "engine" of the game.

I don't really think it's that huge of a problem, but it does require some creativity to work around. Functionally, the spacesuit only really seems to keep you alive in low or 0 oxygen environments and that is it.  For all other environmental factors I've rarely seen it matter.  I go into Londinion which is supposed to be -18 Celsius, which is a temperature I've experienced in real life during winter in North Dakota, with 35 thermal protection and almost immediately get frostbite.  I go to some moon that's -90 Celsius, and I'm fine for an extended period of time.  It makes no sense.

Functionally I think we should consider limitation to only places where there is life for one particular reason: It is already canon that splicing humans with Alien DNA is possible.  It's literally a background trait you can pick.  Expand the idea to allow breathing alternative atmosphere with your weird alien DNA, and a huge number of possibilities pop up.  Make it interesting with some give and take.  Be able to bang anywhere, healing items are less effective.  Inject yourself with more alien DNA, gain extreme environment protection but lose a bit of something else.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Eventually if you get too many different alien DNA injections you start losing max oxygen as you are no longer designed for a regular human environment.  Maybe you get weird alien features and lose out on buy/sell/persuade chance.

Instead of just raping you on planet with lethal environment, have the pirates/spacers/zealots capture you and take you to their lair.  Make it a minigame to escape with a really shitty spacecraft you can steal to get away.  If critter stuff is your thing, then if you haven't gotten your shots you die from exposure.

Mind you, I think we need the modders tools that release next year to see how functionally the environment actually works, or doesn't work, before we can really come up with definitive solutions, but there is no reason at this time to assume that it would be best to just throw the entire question of immersion out the window.

2 hours ago, mercplatypus said:

I don't really think it's that huge of a problem, but it does require some creativity to work around. Functionally, the spacesuit only really seems to keep you alive in low or 0 oxygen environments and that is it.  For all other environmental factors I've rarely seen it matter.  I go into Londinion which is supposed to be -18 Celsius, which is a temperature I've experienced in real life during winter in North Dakota, with 35 thermal protection and almost immediately get frostbite.  I go to some moon that's -90 Celsius, and I'm fine for an extended period of time.  It makes no sense.

Functionally I think we should consider limitation to only places where there is life for one particular reason: It is already canon that splicing humans with Alien DNA is possible.  It's literally a background trait you can pick.  Expand the idea to allow breathing alternative atmosphere with your weird alien DNA, and a huge number of possibilities pop up.  Make it interesting with some give and take.  Be able to bang anywhere, healing items are less effective.  Inject yourself with more alien DNA, gain extreme environment protection but lose a bit of something else.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Eventually if you get too many different alien DNA injections you start losing max oxygen as you are no longer designed for a regular human environment.  Maybe you get weird alien features and lose out on buy/sell/persuade chance.

Instead of just raping you on planet with lethal environment, have the pirates/spacers/zealots capture you and take you to their lair.  Make it a minigame to escape with a really shitty spacecraft you can steal to get away.  If critter stuff is your thing, then if you haven't gotten your shots you die from exposure.

Mind you, I think we need the modders tools that release next year to see how functionally the environment actually works, or doesn't work, before we can really come up with definitive solutions, but there is no reason at this time to assume that it would be best to just throw the entire question of immersion out the window.

Yea this seems like the most widely applicable and easy to implement solution. My guess is that most sex mods will work like you sugest, but maybe some will be unique and I would love to see the unique and creative concepts from those mods too.

5 hours ago, mercplatypus said:

I go into Londinion which is supposed to be -18 Celsius, which is a temperature I've experienced in real life during winter in North Dakota, with 35 thermal protection and almost immediately get frostbite.  I go to some moon that's -90 Celsius, and I'm fine for an extended period of time.  It makes no sense.

if moon does not have air, nothing is actually very good insulator

Vor 3 Stunden sagte mynewusername:

Wenn der Mond keine Luft hat, ist nichts wirklich ein sehr guter Isolator

Unfortunately, this is NOT correct from the point of view of physics.

Through which problems does a body lose heat?

a) Convection ... surrounding media such as water or air flow around the body in question and thus ensure the exchange of heat.

b) Radiation ... each body has its own surface temperature and according to the ambient temp. it absorbs or emits heat in the form of INFRAROT radiation (thermal imaging camera).

c) Breathing - only concerns biological bodies - here the spacesuit is supposed to protect even on planets with a breathable atmosphere.

In a vacuum there are no losses due to convection - but due to radiation ... the colder the environment - the greater the loss.

This had to be taken into account when the first space capsules for living beings were built at the end of the 1950s - in the case of "Sputnik 2" with the dog "Laika", it was precisely this temperature control system that failed and she perished miserably!

During every space flight, the space capsule on the night side of the Earth must protect it from cooling down ... Likewise, during an EVA (which can last several hours), the spacesuit must prevent this cooling (-150°C) during every night-side passage.

My previous cold record -> -230°C ... and almost nothing happened.

But at -10°C on the planet while searching for the first temple ... massive frost damage every 10 minutes.

Sorry - the game mechanics don't manage to work even halfway physically correct ... it is currently -> bullshit!

Vor einer Minute sagte Sir Bron:

Es muss eine ganze Reihe neuer hinterhältiger Geräte für Sex in Zero G geben, sonst könnte man in eine schwierige Lage geraten! :Grinsen:

That spacesuits are designed for longer missions ... what do you think about how to deal with the body excretions of the wearer?

In the beginning, nappies were sufficient for the first few space flights that lasted only a few hours - but that's not enough for missions that last for days ... I'm just saying -> anus.

Ergo, something completely different comes into play:

In my fallout blog story, the body-control of this suit takes up quite a lot of space - this includes sexual stimulation as well as the control of ALL body orifices ... up to the targeted manipulation of the biochemistry of the wearer!

Also the user in his blog story has given this suit a very central position - especially he has described quite obsessively the details of the various functions with an extensive medical background knowledge ... and especially celebrated the donning procedure

(and inspired me to use this suit in my story as well)

Shall I tell you something? No mod author needs to present anything to me below this level!

1 hour ago, Miauzi said:

In a vacuum there are no losses due to convection - but due to radiation ... the colder the environment - the greater the loss.

however radiation is very bad way to exchange heat, much slower than others

so when standing on cold frozen moon with no air, not good ways to exchange heat except through feet, not matter so much that moon is -230C

stand on planet -10C, probably feel faster due to having air. still probably should not be taking so much damage, -10C is decent spring weather here, very nice

but i check and bethesda apparently in texas usa

once hear that texas declare state emergency over less than 1cm snow

so maybe make sense to them

Vor 7 Minuten sagte mynewusername:

Allerdings ist Strahlung ein sehr schlechter Weg, Wärme auszutauschen, viel langsamer als andere

Wenn man also auf einem kalten, gefrorenen Mond ohne Luft steht, gibt es keine guten Möglichkeiten, Wärme auszutauschen, außer über die Füße, und es spielt keine Rolle, dass der Mond -230 °C hat

Stehen Sie auf dem Planeten -10 °C und fühlen Sie sich wahrscheinlich schneller, weil Sie Luft haben. Trotzdem sollte es wahrscheinlich nicht so viel Schaden nehmen, -10 °C ist hier gutes Frühlingswetter, sehr schön

Aber ich überprüfe und Bethesda anscheinend in Texas, USA

Ich habe einmal gehört, dass Texas bei weniger als 1 cm Schnee den Notstand ausgerufen hat

also macht es für sie vielleicht Sinn

I just grab my head when I read something like this.

Sorry - as an engineer and long-time lecturer for technology (I have also taught air-conditioning, ventilation and heating technology), I give up trying to teach the most elementary basics of physics ... it's useless - because the people in question don't even begin to guess what they lack in basic knowledge.

25 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

I just grab my head when I read something like this.

Sorry - as an engineer and long-time lecturer for technology (I have also taught air-conditioning, ventilation and heating technology), I give up trying to teach the most elementary basics of physics ... it's useless - because the people in question don't even begin to guess what they lack in basic knowledge.

then i think something is being lost in translation and we are not understanding each other

think of it this way

which object will make you more cold: -230C object near you on moon or same -230C object on earth?

answer is obviously second one, because there is no air on moon so you can only lose heat to object by radiation. the nothing is very good insulator compared to air which is why they make thermos that way

so back to game example, where -90C moon have no air as moon too small to hold atmosphere while -18C planet has air and therefore can use convection

on moon, only way for spaceman to lose heat is radiation or where space shoe touch moon dirt. space shoe probably very good insulator, though and feet small compared to whole body

on planet, spaceman can lose heat by touching cold air as well, which is much more effective than radiation

Vor 1 Minute sagte meinneuerBenutzername:

Dann denke ich, dass bei der Übersetzung etwas verloren geht und wir uns nicht verstehen

Denk darüber so

Welches Objekt lässt Sie kälter werden: -230 °C-Objekt in Ihrer Nähe auf dem Mond oder dasselbe -230 °C-Objekt auf der Erde?

Die Antwort ist offensichtlich die zweite, denn auf dem Mond gibt es keine Luft, sodass man Wärme nur durch Strahlung an das Objekt abgeben kann. Das Nichts ist im Vergleich zur Luft ein sehr guter Isolator, weshalb Thermoskannen auf diese Weise hergestellt werden

Also zurück zum Spielbeispiel, bei dem der Mond bei -90 °C keine Luft hat, da der Mond zu klein ist, um Atmosphäre zu halten, während der Planet bei -18 °C Luft hat und daher Konvektion nutzen kann

Auf dem Mond kann ein Raumfahrer Wärme nur durch Strahlung verlieren oder durch den Kontakt von Raumschuhen mit Mondschmutz. Der Weltraumschuh isoliert wahrscheinlich sehr gut, und die Füße sind klein im Vergleich zum gesamten Körper

Auf dem Planeten kann ein Raumfahrer auch Wärme verlieren, wenn er kalte Luft berührt, was viel wirksamer ist als Strahlung

Ich schreibe das jetzt auf Deutsch - besorgen sie sich einen passenden Übersetzer - gibt es reichlich im Internet

Die Strahlungswärme kann Luft oder Vakuum problemlos passieren - da es LICHT ist - LICHT das ihre Augen nicht ohne technische Hilfsmittel sehen können.

Aber ein auf "Infrarot" basierendes Nachtssichtgerät macht diese Wärmeabstrhlung SICHTBAR oder halt eine Wärmebild-Kamera - wie wir sie bei der Untersuchungen von Wärmelecks an Gebäuden verwenden.

Wohin geht diese Strahlung?

Immer vom Ort der höheren Temperatur zum Ort der niedrigen Temperatur -> Energieaustausch

Was ist der wärmste Punkt auf der Oberfläche eines eiskalten Mondes? -> der Raumfahrer in seinem Anzug - denn die Anzugsoberfläche ist WÄRMER als die Umgebung.

Also verliert der Anzug an Wärmeenergie und somit auch der Raumfahrer.

Wohin strahlt diese Wärme ab?

a) IN DEN WELTRAUM - denn es gibt ja keine Atmosphäre mit Wolken oder Gas-Schichten die Infrarot-Strahlung aufhalten (wie zum Beispiel Kohlendioxid)

und wie warm ist das Weltall so weit draußen - das ein Mod eine Oberflächen-Temperatrur von -230°C hat? -> 4° Kelvin aka -269°C

b) an das umgebende Gestein/Eis der Mondoberfläche ... in meinem Beispiel -230°C

all das hat nichts mit Wärmeleitung (durch Berührungs-Kontakt) oder Wärme-Konvektion (durch Umströmung von Gasen oder Flüssigkeiten) zu tun.

Und damit ist ihr Beispiel der Thermos-Kanne auch komplett falsch ... die ist ja nicht umsonst INNEN VERSPIEGELT.

Warum denn wohl? -> um den Verlust über die Wärmestrahlung zu minimieren!!

Sie glauben zu wissen - haben aber wirklich keine Ahnung wie das alles physikalisch funktioniert bzw. wie man es berechnet

Ich bin darin nicht nur ausgebildet worden - und habe das Wissen praktisch angewendet ... ich habe es auch unterrichtet!

Also hören Sie bitte auf mir meinen Beruf zu erklären ... danke

3 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Wohin geht diese Strahlung?

Immer vom Ort der höheren Temperatur zum Ort der niedrigen Temperatur -> Energieaustausch

technically goes in all directions but net transfer between objects will be what you describe, so good enough for math purposes

Und damit ist ihr Beispiel der Thermos-Kanne auch komplett falsch ... die ist ja nicht umsonst INNEN VERSPIEGELT.

not wrong, but yes, this part is also true. is nothing filled and also reflective to turn back radiation as well. both are important: put small hole through wall of thermos, will work very bad now.

Sie glauben zu wissen - haben aber wirklich keine Ahnung wie das alles physikalisch funktioniert bzw. wie man es berechnet

okay lets try with some math, then

man temperature ~310K (37C)

man surface area ~2m^2 total taken from https://www.calculator.net/body-surface-area-calculator.html, i accept this value because i never skin anyone and measure their skin before

we use stefan-boltzmann law for net radiation, we both know what this

therefore man on moon has 5.67e-8 * 2 * (310^4 - 183^4) = 920W net heat loss from radiation, no heat loss from convection because no air, we ignore conduction from feet since space shoe probably have good insulation and moon has low gravity and man usually hopping to stay warm so not touch ground often.

man is fine as long as he keep moving

now man on planet: 263K air

has 5.67e-8 * 2 * (310^4 - 263^4) = only 504W net heat loss from radiation

however, because planet has air as well, we use newton heat transfer law Q = hA(T_man - T_planet)

heat transfer coefficient for man-shaped object in air taken from https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Convective-heat-transfer-coefficients-and-standard-deviations_tbl2_228807569 give us values from 3.5 to to 23+ depending on wind speed and movement

so man will now lose anything from 329W to 2162W from convection with air as well

giving total heat loss ranging from 833W (slightly better but not by very much) to 2666W (very worse)

we ignore heat loss from man touching snow/ice/dirt here as well because space shoes, etc, and also can already be losing by fairly large margin.

man power output ~100W resting to 2000W full power taken from http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2014/ph240/labonta1/ not a doctor, so i take this value

man should probably be able to survive in either situation

Ich bin darin nicht nur ausgebildet worden - und habe das Wissen praktisch angewendet ... ich habe es auch unterrichtet!

i think we actually have similar job, then, but you probably do this longer than i have, so please check math for me?

I think the point of bringing up environmental damage was that current space suits are not completely airtight.

Though, also, an issue with thermal protection (and possibly with the freezing death of the dog Laika) is that any air leaks would cause a severe cooling effect. (If you've ever eaten food from a freezer (who here hasn't?), that freezer was almost certainly an evaporative cooling mechanism - it's not just about radiation and convection).

Anyways, this is a game, and while it's fun and sometimes even inspiring to come up with ideas that have some sort of tie-in to reality, we're going to have to cope with simplified systems.

That said, so far this discussion has left out "teledildonics" or remote-interaction systems. And, after hundreds of years, I think we should assume that any current technology we have related to that effort would probably be considered quaint and old-fashioned.