Fresh install.....what mods first?

gvman3670

If you were to be doing a fresh install which mods would you install first?

The point here would be to make SL work properly and have no issues whatsoever (as I've had a heck of a time so far). I'd like to play with SL a bit and would like to know which mods you'd add first to help ensure it all goes smoothly.

I'm kind of new to modding, so details would be nice! :D

Are you having trouble getting SL to work or something?

Install FNIS, SKSE, SKYUI

Install the Framework and matchmaker.

Generate FNIS

Then Alternate Start Life another life to start you character off in an inn.

Then test it on one of the characters in the inn to see if it works.

If it works you can just go YOLO till you hit 256 mods :P It's what all the cool kids are doing these days XD

Are you having trouble getting SL to work or something?

Install FNIS, SKSE, SKYUI

Install the Framework and matchmaker.

Generate FNIS

Then Alternate Start Life another life to start you character off in an inn.

Then test it on one of the characters in the inn to see if it works.

If it works you can just go YOLO till you hit 256 mods :P It's what all the cool kids are doing these days XD

I was planning on going with SKSE, SKYUI and FNIS first and foremost. Then going for the SL framework.

I had a problem with no animations at all working for me no matter what I tried. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice using FNIS generatore between each step (and on one running starting the game and making a fresh save each step of the way). I tried MM to add them, adding manually and so on and so forth. Eventually I got pissed and deleted a pile of mods, which caused the game to go to crap in a hurry. I tried starting a new character from the very beginning and the carts wouldn't move so it was stuck there! LMAO! So I uninstalled and wiped every last bit I could find off my 'puter and am going to just start fresh.

So I find my 3 week old SKSE is outdated. Took care of that.

But I still can't get ANY animations to work on a clean install. This is really beginning to irk me big time. I've followed the directions to a T, yet nothing works. WTH is going on? Any ideas, anyone? I don't have anyone else to ask and you guys are basically the only ones using these mods and who have any knowledge about them. Anyone?

Fresh install? What a near crash free experience whilst running beautiful smooth? Consider the following:

1.) Download Skyrim from steam (dont be a jagmo and pirate) and fully update EVERYTHING.

2.) Download the Creation Kit and let it update everything.

3.) Set both Skyrim and CK to "do not automatically update this game" only after fully updating

4.) Install all unofficial patches

5.) Install Steve40's script fixes (all but the dunbluepalace one as I believe USKP fixed that without error)

6.) use TES5edit and clean Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfiles.esm and Dragonborn.esm

7.) Install latest SKSE files and make sure NMM is using "Launch SKSE" and not "Launch Skyrim."

8.) Slowly start adding mods. Turn on papyrus logging when installing some "newly" made mods and check for errors. Don't forget to turn back off

9.) Edit your .INI files and tweak everything as needed. Do not add legacy/Oblivion .ini entries as they're junk and won't do anything

10.) Enjoy a beautiful experience!!

If you were to be doing a fresh install which mods would you install first?

The point here would be to make SL work properly and have no issues whatsoever (as I've had a heck of a time so far). I'd like to play with SL a bit and would like to know which mods you'd add first to help ensure it all goes smoothly.

I'm kind of new to modding, so details would be nice! :D

I don't mean to suggest you should install ENB Realvision but on his main page on nexus he have extensive list of all mods you could install in that order you get at least general idea.

But maybe someone here have a better suggestion also concerning sexmods the above was with skyrim sexless (immersive)mods in mind first hehe.

Ghoper( i-hud mod he made) have some excellent youtube tutorial videos how to install most mods very well explained.

Fresh install? What a near crash free experience whilst running beautiful smooth? Consider the following:

1.) Download Skyrim from steam (dont be a jagmo and pirate) and fully update EVERYTHING.

3.) Set both Skyrim and CK to "do not automatically update this game" only after fully updating

5.) Install Steve40's script fixes (all but the dunbluepalace one as I believe USKP fixed that without error)

6.) use TES5edit and clean Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfiles.esm and Dragonborn.esm

7.) Install latest SKSE files and make sure NMM is using "Launch SKSE" and not "Launch Skyrim."

8.) Slowly start adding mods. Turn on papyrus logging when installing some "newly" made mods and check for errors. Don't forget to turn back off

9.) Edit your .INI files and tweak everything as needed. Do not add legacy/Oblivion .ini entries as they're junk and won't do anything

2,3,4,5,7,8 and 9 I do not use and I have a very nice game!

with 256 installed mods I can claim the most.

german \ deutsch !

2,3,4,5,7,8 und 9 verwende ich nicht und ich habe ein sehr schönes spiel !

mit 256 installierten mods kann ich das wohl behaupten .

This is a really big letdown. If I can't get this working really soon I'm just deleting it all.

Seriously, what the heck could be wrong here? I have no clue at all.

Give the list of mods youve install and what order im sure many here can explain what went wrong and where and how to install it.

Now you don't give much info that way we don't know whats problem exactly:)

The mods in order....

Dawnguard

Hearthfire

Dragonborn

Apachii

SexLab

SexLab Dangerous nude

UNP53fig (changes vanilla female npcs)

Dawnguard Patch

Hearthfire Patch

Dragonborn Patch

SkyUI

Racemenu

Alternate Start

SL Matchmaker

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it, Fresh install and didn't go hog wild adding mods because I was wondering what it would take to make SL work for me. And it hasn't yet.

I get dialog. I get paid. I get no animations whatsoever. Nada.

Here is what my FNIS Generator shows.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FNIS Behavior V4.0   10/11/2013 10:49:11 AM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 -
Generator: C:\Games\R.G. Catalyst\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users
Skeleton female: XPMS (242 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Reading FNIS ...
Reading FNISBase ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion ...
Reading SexLab ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files...
Converting Behavior Files (.xml to .hkx) ...

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature ...

1049 animations for 5 mods successfully included (characters)
 210 animations for 1 mods and 15 creatures successfully included.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No inconsistencies are shown when I click that tab. Just an empty line is added.

german \ deutsch !

You claim you have a nice game, and mention you don't turn on logging to check mods... why not turn it on, and see how much spam you get? :P

With over 100 mods, and enhanced blood running and headtracking, I get a 6kb papyrus log (which by the way, is drool worthy)

With over 100 mods, and enhanced blood, headtracking + FrostFall + Wet & Cold + Footprints I get a 20kb papyrus log when testing (ALSO drool worthy with said scripts running)

You of course don't leave papyrus logging on at all times, only when testing and checking for errors.

If you do NOT use Steve40's scripts, I can almost bet 100% you get LvPredator script errors, and Critter errors.

I would highly suggest using them, but you'll have to start a new game for them to function properly.

german \ deutsch !

You claim you have a nice game, and mention you don't turn on logging to check mods... why not turn it on, and see how much spam you get? :P

With over 100 mods, and enhanced blood running and headtracking, I get a 6kb papyrus log (which by the way, is drool worthy)

With over 100 mods, and enhanced blood, headtracking + FrostFall + Wet & Cold + Footprints I get a 20kb papyrus log when testing (ALSO drool worthy with said scripts running)

You of course don't leave papyrus logging on at all times, only when testing and checking for errors.

If you do NOT use Steve40's scripts, I can almost bet 100% you get LvPredator script errors, and Critter errors.

I would highly suggest using them, but you'll have to start a new game for them to function properly.

I use none of those things and I can 100% say that I have no errors. I install everything manually and do not need any tools, I always rely on myself. My game is 59 GB in size and it runs perfectly.

german \ deutsch !

ich verwende nichts von alledem und ich kann 100% behaupten das ich keine fehler habe . ich installiere alles manuell und brauche keine hilfsmittel , ich verlasse mich immer auf mich selbst . mein spiel ist 59 GB groß und es läuft perfekt .

Well if you say you don't get any errors and it runs well, who am I to argue with that? I wish everyone had a nice install - would make their lives easier, haha xD

There is a good reason why I can not use this tool!

I'm German, do as you maybe already noticed, I do not speak any English word and "these tools" are almost all in english! the translator I can not use anywhere, especially not in a running game, I hope you understand now why I have to rely on "myself"!

german \ deutsch !

es gibt einen guten grund , warum ich diese hilfsmittel nicht verwenden kann !

ich bin deutscher , wie du vieleicht schon bemerkt hast , ich spreche kein wort englisch und "diese hilfsmittel" sind fast alle in englischer sprache ! den übersetzer kann ich nicht überall verwenden , vor allem nicht in einem laufenden spiel , ich hoffe du verstehst jetzt warum ich mich auf "mich selbst" verlassen muß !

Archived